• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeM86

Quick gif I made to demonstrate the feature.

n7ipj57.gif

May I use this, credited, on my site?

Hasn't quite come for me yet

Nori Chan

Wasn't there a pictograph of which pokemon are the best to use at a gym? It had the sprites from the pokemon games, does anyone have it?

Pineconn

Help me out.

I have two Snorlaxes:

1. 86.5% IV (perfect HP) with Zen Headbutt and Earthquake
2. 71.7% IV (3 below perfect HP) with Zen Headbutt and Hyper Beam

I know that moveset generally trumps IVs (Hyper Beam > Earthquake), but which would you power up? Or would you wait for a better one?

Just jogged down the street at 12:30 in the morning just to nab one of the additional spots in our nearby gym. lol

So close to an extra bag upgrade :D

Do they intentionally put rarer pokemon further back on the capture screen so they're almost impossible to hit? I found a Dragonite today and couldn't touch it on all but my best throws. I eventually decided to just chuck great balls because I had already wasted like 25 ultra balls today (and because I already have a Dragonite with perfect IVs, but Steel Wing and am 80ish candied into my next one, so I wouldn't be devastated if this one ran. It turned out to be crap anyway, like 35% Dragon Breath/Dragon Pulse).

Mipcgamer

If I log in on this, will I be at risk of getting banned from the game?

I have absolutely no idea. I guess not?

Again, it's the same as the Pokeadvisor login, with your Google authentication. If anyone here knows more about the possibility of being banned for using an stat viewing tool like this, feel welcome to tell us.

zroid

Banned
I have absolutely no idea. I guess not?

Again, it's the same as the Pokeadvisor login, with your Google authentication. If anyone here knows more about the possibility of being banned for using an stat viewing tool like this, feel welcome to tell us.

They haven't banned anyone for using Pokeadvisor yet, but I think the assumption is that if they wanted to they probably could since it technically breaks the ToS

mugwhump

Whoa! My Nearby section just changed. It will show the closest Pokestop if a pokemon is near there now.

CpYv4CaVUAApek9.jpg

Aw shiiiit that's pretty neat. I wonder if they could expand on it with google street maps.

Alright naintic, once you roll this out you can have some of my money

guek

Banned
The only thing I'd change is I wish it gave you the general direction of the wild pokemon. Like if you click on it, your avatar turns to point the right direction.

Vuze

Well not really but its improvement to barely working tracker.
Wait, so won't the Pokemon show up once you arrive at the poke stop?
If that's not the case, then indeed it's only a marginal improvement in face of the defect tracker

zulux21

The only thing I'd change is I wish it gave you the general direction of the wild pokemon. Like if you click on it, your avatar turns to point the right direction.

I would merely remove all reliance from pokestops and allow you to click on any spotted pokemon and have that pull up the map and put the pink circle on it so you know where to head to get any pokemon.

but I mean I live in an area without a lot of pokestops so I am likely bias and just want to ruin the game by having a feature that works for everyone and not just people who have a lot of pokestops :p

Vipu

Banned
Wait, so won't the Pokemon show up once you arrive at the poke stop?

I guess only bigcity people knows that, thats the biggest down with that new radar.
It tells so much more to them than people in small citys.

BTW: they fixed the order of that small nearby list in corner when its minimized and when its full size.
Its no more reversed!

Durden77

Damn new tracker looks awesome. Fuck yes. Game will be so beautiful soon. And it's a good idea to lead people to Pokestops even more.

But I do hope they come up with SOMETHING for the tall grass Pokemon though. It may be enough if the list just updates correctly, but we'll see.

WHOA speaking of which I just turned on the game and the nearby list actually update right nefore my eyes! WOOOOO. No more reseting the game to get a (still semi) accurate list!

GO Pokemon, GO!

Askani

I had my first real "big city group' Pokemon Go experience tonight.

It blew me away.

I live in Kansas City. I've been playing and stuff in the area around the house. Catching Pokemon and simple leveling and hitting Pokestops. I usually go to a large fountain/park close to my house/work where there's a gym and 6-7 Pokestops on the path around it. I'll see 10 to 15 people walking around and hanging out, which is cool.

Tonight I went downtown to the Plaza with my daughter to have the Apple store look at my charging port. After we finished there, we walked around and I couldn't believe the amount of people there playing. You hear about it and stuff but until you see it then you don't really know. People had lure modules placed everywhere. 60-70 people on corners hanging out and having a good time. All ages.

Someone would call out that there was a rare spawn, what it was, and people from all the corners would converge and try to catch one for themselves. They'd talk about how powerful their version was or wasn't or that they missed it.

People were selling Team Mystic/Valor/Instinct shirts and hats. People were selling water and snacks. Some people had cables and six ways hanging out of their cars for free charging stations. A couple groups were giving away water and stuff and you could donate to them if you wanted.

And all this was on a Monday night.

It was...just really fun. We had a great time. Got to hang out on a nice night, smoke a cigar, and be with my kiddo doing something we both enjoyed. I know I'm probably a Johnny Come Lately compared to everyone else and you all know this, but that was special.

Hitting level 20 and picking up the 5 or whatever new Pokemon I didn't have was just icing on the cake. Good stuff.

Poona

Do they intentionally put rarer pokemon further back on the capture screen so they're almost impossible to hit? I found a Dragonite today and couldn't touch it on all but my best throws. I eventually decided to just chuck great balls because I had already wasted like 25 ultra balls today (and because I already have a Dragonite with perfect IVs, but Steel Wing and am 80ish candied into my next one, so I wouldn't be devastated if this one ran. It turned out to be crap anyway, like 35% Dragon Breath/Dragon Pulse).

That ticks me off. I thought it was a bug they were working on to be fixed.

I encountered a dragonite in the wild and had no trouble for my balls to reach him, then they made a bunch of changes and when I saw a kangashkan the other week I was lucky if I could get any of my balls to reach them, let alone capture them.

ElyrionX

I am level 14 now with a bunch of lucky eggs and Pokemons to evolve. What's the best time to do this? I read somewhere that you shouldn't evolve anything until you hit level 20. What's the reasoning there?

I am level 14 now with a bunch of lucky eggs and Pokemons to evolve. What's the best time to do this? I read somewhere that you shouldn't evolve anything until you hit level 20. What's the reasoning there?

Pokemon get harder to catch post level 20 so make the most of your carefree days while you can. Once you hit level 20 it doesn't matter anymore so go nuts with the lucky eggs :)

mugwhump

I would merely remove all reliance from pokestops and allow you to click on any spotted pokemon and have that pull up the map and put the pink circle on it so you know where to head to get any pokemon.

but I mean I live in an area without a lot of pokestops so I am likely bias and just want to ruin the game by having a feature that works for everyone and not just people who have a lot of pokestops :p

This new system makes me suspect that a big concern Niantic has with the tracker is they don't want to lead people into private property or dangerous spots or whatever. So the only accurately trackable pokes will be near known safe spots.

I can see why they're doing it but I can also see why it's annoying for rural players.

Could Niantic actually be legally liable if they put a pokemon somewhere dangerous and a kid went after it?

Pachimari

Pokemon get harder to catch post level 20 so make the most of your carefree days while you can. Once you hit level 20 it doesn't matter anymore so go nuts with the lucky eggs :)
Couldn't I just wait to evolve with my lucky egg till I am lvl 20? Because I am soon lvl 17 and haven't used my lucky eggs yet.

ChrisW

If this new "Tracker" uses Pokestops to help find new Pokemon, what are people like myself going to do, since we only have one stop in a 2 mile radius.... Does that mean we are just left with nothing and have to still wander around randomly looking for that bloody squrtle thats no.2 on my list?

Why can they not just give you a "Nearby" list that show all the Pokemon close to you (Within 300m) and then when you select one it just gives you a small compass above the tracker pointing towards the direction that it's in,but with no detailed directions, I would prefer this.

Vipu

Banned
If this new "Tracker" uses Pokestops to help find new Pokemon, what are people like myself going to do, since we only have one stop in a 2 mile radius.... Does that mean we are just left with nothing and have to still wander around randomly looking for that bloody squrtle thats no.2 on my list?

Why can they not just give you a "Nearby" list that show all the Pokemon close to you (Within 300m) and then when you select one it just gives you a small compass above the tracker pointing towards the direction that it's in,but with no detailed directions, I would prefer this.

Why does it have to be too easy?
This what we have now is good, you actually have to find it yourself and not just walk where game tells you.

Acerac

Banned

We're basically as fucked as we have been.

It's cool for people by a bunch of pokestops though!

pringles

Imo you should build up a lot of 'fodder' to evolve (pidgeys, caterpies, weedles, whatever is really common for you) and pop your lucky egg when you have 50+ or so of them to evolve. That'll give you tons of XP. Imo you want to get to level 20 pretty quickly as it's not really worth evolving/powering your actual good pokemon before that. Don't spend ANY stardust before level 20.

We're basically as fucked as we have been.

It's cool for people by a bunch of pokestops though!
The sightings list does work a lot better now though, relatively easy to use it to narrow down the location of a pokemon. Would assume this tracking is not the final version either, they're likely/hopefully working on a version that adds more feedback for pokemon that aren't near stops.

Undefined

For you guys that are checking your IVs and stuff...does it really matter that much when youre battling at the gyms? Half the time its so laggy and it doesnt even seem like my guy attacks does any damage. And then when I dodge the yellow flash and it says I dodge but then my guy still take the damage did i actually dodge anything?
Then sometimes i see the enemy health is zero but it still stays there and then the timer goes to zero and it says i lose.
Are you just supposed to tap your screen as fast as possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom