• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Oxx

Yeah, it has been a lean period here too.

But before that I had 4 or 5 over the space of two days. Swings and roundabouts.

This weekend is definitely going to be a dull one.

fan made
FbrDAvf.jpg

Oxx

The main thing that is happening this weekend is that the low battery indicator is on my Go Plus, and now it's disconnecting constantly.

GulAtiCa

5k is done! My fiancee & I did it in 49 minutes. Between the time we left our house to the time we got back, I hatched 20 eggs and gained 2 extra Larivtar buddy candies. Also my 10k was a Larivtar! Only gave 16 candies.. So now have 52 total.

On the final stretch of the 5k, I gained 3 back to back 10k eggs. Hope for something good. I also put my Tyranitar in a gym at the half-way point. Was at 49,000 and got it up in about a minute and continued on my way. Hope it stays there for a while.

Looks nice!

The main thing that is happening this weekend is that the low battery indicator is on my Go Plus, and now it's disconnecting constantly.

Time to replace the battery. I noticed that mine lasts for basically 4 to 6 months at a time now that I made it only do pokestops.

Oxx

Time to replace the battery. I noticed that mine lasts for basically 4 to 6 months at a time now that I made it only do pokestops.

Yeah, definitely the case.

The first time I used it, the low-battery icon was on for about a month, but clearly that was some kind of misrepresentation.

With subsequent batteries it has started dying almost as soon as the low-battery icon emerges.

Growlie19

Made it to 40 Larvitar candies, so another 300km to walk, on top of the power-up candies I'll need as well. Joy. On the plus side, I got my fourth 10K egg today. Gonna burn through the 5K's I have now and hope I get at least one more 10K. If not, I'll just start incubating the four I have.

I thought Orlando, Florida was supposed to be a hot spot for Magikarp. While I do get a occasional Magikarp I keep getting the usual stuff I find back in Louisiana. With that said though I did catch a strong at battling Magikarp that has HP and Defense IV. I'm stuck at 235 candies for it. Hopefully I can run into more and I keep getting that banana looking berry for 6 candies a pop.

I manage to hatch two 10K eggs today. One was a Mareep and the other was a Pineco. Really? A Pineco behind a 10K egg? I hope this guy turns out to be Uber tier. Lol... if I manage to get more candies for Pineco I'll work on evolving and maxing it for my current level.

My goal this trip is to evolve me a Gyarados because you don't see those much where I live and to get more Dratini candies and Dratini's. I caught one so far and that's it. I want mah Dragonite!

GulAtiCa

I thought Orlando, Florida was supposed to be a hot spot for Magikarp. While I do get a occasional Magikarp I keep getting the usual stuff I find back in Louisiana. With that said though I did catch a strong at battling Magikarp that has HP and Defense IV. I'm stuck at 235 candies for it. Hopefully I can run into more and I keep getting that banana looking berry for 6 candies a pop.

I manage to hatch two 10K eggs today. One was a Mareep and the other was a Pineco. Really? A Pineco behind a 10K egg? I hope this guy turns out to be Uber tier. Lol... if I manage to get more candies for Pineco I'll work on evolving and maxing it for my current level.

My goal this trip is to evolve me a Gyarados because you don't see those much where I live and to get more Dratini candies and Dratini's. I caught one so far and that's it. I want mah Dragonite!
Orlando is def a hot spot for water Pokemon in general due too all the lakes and such, but obviously still depends on where you are. Needs to be a water source near. Universal Studios and Universal Cabana Bay Resort are def hot spots. On my trip last year, I must have caught 10 Dratinis, with 20+ more seen that I didn't go after (opposite direction from where I was walking)

Good luck!

c-murph

Apparently there's going to be a fire/ice event next week?

Haven't really played in awhile. My local park currently has an overwhelming amount of charmanders and magikarps nests. Apparently, it changes every two weeks I'm told. I walked through it on my way home from work and caught 12 charmanders and 15 magikarps. Is it like this everywhere? I guess last week they had Machops or something.

Oxx

Fire would be a good chance to build some Cyndaquil candy.

Nothing else exciting.

Unless Moltres and Articuno swoop in.

Growlie19

A fire and ice event? Well, I get to finish off my Ice medal, and more Growlithe is always a positive. Otherwise, kinda meh. Surely this time, I'll be able to find a Lapras? Haven't been able to power mine up since December....

CassSept

Yay, Upgrade finally dropped for me, up to 87/90 Johto Pokemon. I need only Unown, Tyrogue and Hitmontop now. Kinda hard to care much about the game when it's down to rng.

Dynasty

Wouldnt mind a fire event need to work on the fire gold medal and also need more cyndaquil and houndour candy for the evolutions. Also wouldnt mind more growlithe candy since I do have a perfect Growlithe that I would like to evolve and max out.

Also they really need to fucking add a move tutor to this game. I evolved my 93% dratini and got a Dragonite with steel wing/outrage.

Took me 185 Dratinis, but I finally got the gold Dragon Medal!

Yikes, I only have 58 dragon-type catches so far.

I have 2...

I got one Dratini last year during my visit to Florida and one on this visit to Florida. Dratini refuses to spawn for me.

My daughter said she's making a competitive Eeveelution team to take on gyms. She's making multiple copies of each Eeveelution to take down and to leave and protect a gym. She's only level 14 and she's like let's walk dad! I need my Eevee candy.

She's really into it.

Oxx

My daughter said she's making a competitive Eeveelution team to take on gyms. She's making multiple copies of each Eeveelution to take down and to leave and protect a gym. She's only level 14 and she's like let's walk dad! I need my Eevee candy.

She's really into it.

There have definitely been a lot of occasions recently when I have just gone into battle with 3 Vaporeon and 3 Jolteon.

Lots of Rhyhorn/Gyarados/Vaporeon to take down.

gutshot

Another event? I mean, they are fun because you get to see spawns you don't normally see. And the double XP is sweet. But they really, really need to add some actual content into this game. Just having events every two weeks is not going to keep the player base engaged indefinitely.

Growlie19

Please don't hate me, but I found another wild Snorlax on my walk today! 2694 CP, perfect attack, with the moves Zen Headbutt and Hyper Beam. It wasn't even near a Pokéstop, just out in the open. Anyone want some of my luck?

GulAtiCa

what the

Do you live by a Dratini nest??

Water biomes spawn them pretty regularly. I get 2-3 a day usually.
Yep. My work has a pond next to it + nearby shopping areas goees through a now non-existant stream. So I get 3+ a week usually.

Please don't hate me, but I found another wild Snorlax on my walk today! 2694 CP, perfect attack, with the moves Zen Headbutt and Hyper Beam. It wasn't even near a Pokéstop, just out in the open. Anyone want some of my luck?
Nice! That's awesome.

So you can't hatch Dratini any more? Shit.
I just got my first 10k egg in months and all I really want are Dratinis, Chanseys and Lapras.

I took down two gyms on my way to work today but had an hour left before I could collect, 6 hours later I realised I had forgotten to collect and they had both been taken back. Bah!

GulAtiCa

So you can't hatch Dratini any more? Shit.
I just got my first 10k egg in months and all I really want are Dratinis, Chanseys and Lapras.

lol. No no no. They just made the rate of Dratini hatches a little bit rarer (basically putting it back to near it's rate before Gen 2).

They also took out 6 Pokemon from the egg hatching group too. So while your Dratini chances went down a little, it also went up a little since there is better chance of getting a 10k Pokemon now.

Got a new 10km egg, wish me luck.
Passed by a snorlax but I was in the car and had to catch a train. I'll never know how good it could have been...

GulAtiCa

^^^ Good luck!

2 of my 4 10k eggs hatched. A 95% Dratini (now my highest IV Dratini) yay. And a Skarmory.... Booo.. They are super common here. Still got 2 more 10k eggs left, 1 might hatch tonight, though more likely tomorrow.

I now have 200 Dratini candies on me, though will likely wait till I have 250ish before I evolve another, just so I have enough to level it up all the way.

T.O.P

Banned
Soooooo we expecting a tease on Legendaries during todays direct right?

I'm sooooo curious to see how they'll handle this

GulAtiCa

My last 2 10k eggs were a Lapras and another Larvitar. So, my last 6 have been: Larvitar, Larvitar, Dratini, Skarmony, Lapras & Larvitar. Getting pretty lucky with all these Larvitar. Which that Skarmony was a Milltank though.

Growlie19

Got a fifth 10K egg today and caught a few Magikarp. Gonna keep hoarding 10K's until the supposed fire/ice event is confirmed or denied. I think bonus XP from capture bonuses and hatches was mentioned, so even if I hatch a bunch of crap, I'll at least be raking in some decent experience.

Top Bottom