• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Man I don't know what the heck has been up with my luck in the past month or so. I don't even feel comfortable that I'm going to catch a Pokemon with a green ring.

Now whenever I use a Razz Berry and an Ultra Ball to make the ring turn green AF and they still break out, I'll just say "fuck a odd" and stick to just pokeballs

Bored.
Hope we don't have to wait until the anniversary for the next event, though I suspect so.

All I'm doing now is hatching an endless sea of worthless 5k eggs and catching a ton of junk, yawn.

gutshot

There's no way they will wait until July for the next event/update. If you look over the past couple months, they've been doing an event roughly every two weeks.

March 22 - Water Event
April 13 - Egg Event
May 5 - Grass Event
May 18 - Rock Event

My guess is we will get the gym update within the next couple weeks, probably with some event-like bonuses such as double stardust and/or reduced cost on storage (especially if they release a new berry, as rumored). I could also see them dropping Smeargle and Delibird with this update, since their delay has been due to their funky movesets and we know they have been working on coding them into the game alongside the other gym changes.

Then late June we will get some sort of biome-type event (Fire plz). And then the anniversary event, which should be huge. Double everything would be cool. Maybe release all the shinies then too?

Qwark

I think I found a bug with the buddy system. This is now the second time this has happened to me. I'm walking with my Eevee to get a good moveset Espeon, I check the distance walked and I'm surprised that it says 12km, because I didn't think it was over 10 yet. Anyway, I evolve and rage because I end up with Flareon, then I go back and check and the distance walked rolled back 5km to 7km.

The first time it happened I thought I just messed up and misread or something, but then yesterday it happened again. I hatched an egg out of the blue so I thought maybe my GPS was roaming, so I checked my Eevee, saw it was > 10km walked, evolved, and got a Vaporeon, checked distance again and it was < 10km.

Ack, I'm done with Espeon, not even worth it.

Edit: Appears I'm not the only one to have noticed it. https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...vee_buddy_walking_bug_after_walking_10km_and/

GulAtiCa

Going for a 5k run this Saturday. That plus a mile walk from and to the event and train station. So my buddy and eggs will be given quite a workout. Plenty of pokestops along the route as well.

Growlie19

So the same tiny park that spawned a Snorlax last week ended up spawning a Blastoise today! Terrible IVs with Water Gun/Ice Beam, but the 20 Squirtle candies it gave was very nice. And there was a Beedrill right next to it, so a free 1000 stardust as well!

GulAtiCa

Speaking of which, a Venusaur spawned on my walk yesterday. This is prob my 5th Venusaur I caught in the wild (2 or 3 from the New Years event)

The event was pretty eh for me outside of candy.

Got Nidoqueen, Garydos, and Charizard so now Dragonite is the only non-exclusive Pokémon I need to finish the Gen I Pokédex.

Firemind

I hope rubber chicken gets some non-fire moves because Dragonite, Tyranitar, Rhydon, Gyarados and Vaporeon are all resistant to fire lol

This game is fading real fucking fast between my walking group.

Basically almost a year in and we've exhausted all but the most rare Pokémon so getting Natu for the past month via shit spawn nests meant yesterday we barely had any interest in the game during our usual walking time.

Was hoping to at least make it to the one year anniversary but we'll see.

HiResDes

Have enough for Tyranitar but only have one with a subpar IV of like 84 percent...Hoping to pop a better Larvitar out of a 10k but chances looking slim

GulAtiCa

Maybe some of you should take a little break from the game and come back during the next event (prob in just over a week most likely). That way you guys don't get quite burned out.

teeny

Have enough for Tyranitar but only have one with a subpar IV of like 84 percent...Hoping to pop a better Larvitar out of a 10k but chances looking slim

Wow, I thought I was being tough. I keep anything over 80% IVs!

Went and took down the local gym. It's been level 10 instinct for months and, well, it's about time. The gym overhaul can't come soon enough.

Wait.. How do you tell the IV percentage?

I swear, every time I come into this thread it feels like I've beenjoyed doing things wrong the whole time. I should just start over but I don't want to lose my user name.

GulAtiCa

Wait.. How do you tell the IV percentage?

I swear, every time I come into this thread it feels like I've beenjoyed doing things wrong the whole time. I should just start over but I don't want to lose my user name.

Starting over is silly. Just keep your current account, choose a buddy, and play on.

For IVs: On the Pokemon screen, open up the sub menu (lower right corner) and hit "Appraise". This will give you some brief stats. You will want to be on the look out for "Wonder" (82.2% & up) appraisers, and "Pokemon has certainly caught my attention" for decent Pokemon too (66.7% – 80%).

Click here for more details: https://pokemongohub.net/pokemon-go-appraisal-chart/

You can then take that info and input it into a IV checker, for example I use: https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator - Never ever use any kind of automatic app that requires your login, you WILL get banned.

To use an example: The game says my top Dragonite is a Wonder with best attribute is HP & Def with it's value between 13-14. Via the screen, it says it has 3311 CP, 149 HP & needs 8000 stardust to next power up.

This is what those details above gets me:

qKhAJ.jpeg

Firemind

Nice job!

Reddit has reported this, but in my town we're also getting harassed by spoofers trolling their own team now that scanners aren't working properly, kicking out low level players who are likely just kids. Even when you're in the dominant team, you still have to fight against your own teammates. Sad world we live in. -_-

GulAtiCa

I dreamt the other day that I caught an unkown!

Also, the gyms near my work have been taken over by a new spoofer loser. I've been reporting, and given all the recent new bans and such, only matter of time before the asshole gets banned.

GulAtiCa

I prob caught a few hundred since the water event and so weird. Hell, I prob gain at least 25 a week (would be much higher, but been more lazy towards Magikarps lately). One day.

That's one of my goals. My other is a 100% Dratini.

Oxx

I knew getting that shiny Magikarp on the first day of the water event was a fluke.

Having 4 of them is crazy.

Dynasty

Been thinking about how they could improve the battle mechanics. I think there should be a third attack which would something like Tail Whip, Screech, Sword Dance, Agility, Rain Dance, Sunny Day etc. It would have a seperate bar for it and you fill the bar a bit with attacking the pokemon but a lot with dodging attacks.

Growlie19

So from bad to good, I've got Zubat, Kabuto, and Magikarp nests nearby. Of course, thanks to the Rock event, Kabuto isn't nearly as sought after, but still appreciated. I mean, it's not Spinarak, at least.

I also finally reached 200K stardust again. I know that's probably small-stuff compared to others, but I try to keep my top twelve as strong as possible. So when that double XP week came up and shot me up 3/4 of the way to level 33, my stardust reserves took a beating. Hoping for 300K by level 34, or the gym rework, whichever comes first.

Starting over is silly. Just keep your current account, choose a buddy, and play on.

For IVs: On the Pokemon screen, open up the sub menu (lower right corner) and hit "Appraise". This will give you some brief stats. You will want to be on the look out for "Wonder" (82.2% & up) appraisers, and "Pokemon has certainly caught my attention" for decent Pokemon too (66.7% – 80%).

Click here for more details: https://pokemongohub.net/pokemon-go-appraisal-chart/

You can then take that info and input it into a IV checker, for example I use: https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator - Never ever use any kind of automatic app that requires your login, you WILL get banned.

To use an example: The game says my top Dragonite is a Wonder with best attribute is HP & Def with it's value between 13-14. Via the screen, it says it has 3311 CP, 149 HP & needs 8000 stardust to next power up.

This is what those details above gets me:

qKhAJ.jpeg

Thanks for this. I read over it briefly and will read it thoroughly later.

Is there a trick to choosing a Poké Stop to put a lure in? I always see screen shots of people using lures and getting good stuff popping up but when I use a lure it's just more of the same stuff just more frequently.

Right now I'm in Florida and I'm walking alot more so I'm hatching eggs more now. This game makes walking and constantly moving fun. I just wish I can get more 10K eggs.

GulAtiCa

Pokestop lures are pure random on what they give you. They are influenced in surounding arias of course. Like a pokestop in a water biome area will tend to feature more water pokemon & esp help spawn Dratinis & Dragonairs. Universal Studios, Orlando is good example of this.

Some people just get lucky, and tell others about their luck. After all, it's less likely you will see pictures of common pokemon spawning around lured pokestops.

I still believe that more popular areas (cities with tons of pokestops) might have better chance of spawning better pokemon. But, more likely that because a city has a lot more spawn points then rural, that a better pokemon is more likely to spawn. So goes back to what I said originally. All random.

Honestly, except for in water biomes (for those Dratini candies), I prefer incense. When you are walking about, you can get a new spawn from incense every 2 to 3 minutes (faster if your running).

border

Is there a trick to choosing a Poké Stop to put a lure in? I always see screen shots of people using lures and getting good stuff popping up but when I use a lure it's just more of the same stuff just more frequently.

Lures aren't that great, unless you just want to XP grind without moving around. Try and use them in a place where two Pokestops are close together, so you can enjoy the effects of two lures at once. Most of the time all they do is attract common/uncommon Pokemon. They will not often bring in rare Pokemon.

I also finally reached 200K stardust again. I know that's probably small-stuff compared to others, but I try to keep my top twelve as strong as possible. So when that double XP week came up and shot me up 3/4 of the way to level 33, my stardust reserves took a beating. Hoping for 300K by level 34, or the gym rework, whichever comes first.

Lol I have 4k stardust right now.

Have maxed out 1 Tyranitar, 3 Dragonite, 2 Rhydon, 4 Gyarados, 1 Vaporeon, 1 Espeon, 1 Exeggutor, and have 2 Blissey near 2700 (limited by candy) and 1 Alakazam with a few powerups left.

Not sure what I'll level next, the Donphan I have with a good moveset is only 84% (and the 90% ones have horrid moves), both my Scizor got dark type moves, all my 90%+ Golem have crap, all my Machamp get steel moves etc.
Maybe I'll level another Vaporeon :p

GulAtiCa

I had near 600k before the Rock event. Went down to as low as 200k, I now have around 300k. lol. Also hatched a Larvitar yesterday! Got 34 candies total (4 from walking), so need about 3 more hatches to get my next Tyranitar. Did get a new 10k egg, hope it's good.

Tomorrow going for a 5k run in the city. Plus the 2 extra miles due to taking the train, means my Larivtar buddy will get extra candy or 2. Plus plenty of egg hatching, so I bought 8 extra egg incubators and will have them all going at all time. Decent amount of pokestops along the route. I'm going to need to empty out some of my items.

DBUhq32XgAARRNN.jpg:large

https://thesilphroad.com/science/june-2017-changes-to-egg-species

Some commons got dropped from eggs recently (Tentacool, Wooper, Psyduck, Paras, Sandshrew, and Natu)

Also Pineco and Dratini were moved from common to uncommon. Kinda meh on this since there's no other commons in the 10k pool, you have the same odds of hatching either as before relative to the other 10k hatches. We'll just see less 10k eggs as a whole now.

Less junk in eggs though, so this news makes me happy.

Top Bottom