• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Got my second account to 30, and only missing a few non-regionals on it already.

If the gym update isn't mind blowing, I may give up. This isn't much fun or a challenge anymore.

GulAtiCa

Why do you have a 2nd account?.....

Edit: Just caught a Dragonair! Hello to that sweet 10 candies (esp as I just caught a Dratini for 6 candies an hour ago). Was a tough cookie to catch, took me about 6 attempts.

Why do you have a 2nd account?.....

I can think of many reasons one might want a second account. What's better than getting one Unown? How about getting 2?

Have a wild Dragonite run away? Get a 2nd chance at it.

Walk 10km everyday? How about hatching 20km worth of eggs.

And who knows how valuable a 2nd account will be when legendaries are added. Either get 2 of then, get a 2nd Chance at one, or if there are 'raids', having a 2nd account might help capture them.

When trading is added you can get all your Pokemon back in your main account. This was just me thinking about it for 5 minutes. There are probably more reasons.

*Edit* yup just thought of one more reason: extra free lures that can benefit your main account.

GulAtiCa

Having 2+ account is against the TOS.. You will get you banned. And very much cheaty.. Most of the reasons you listed are potential cheating for when trading is introduced.

I really hate the people that use a 2nd account to knock out a player on their own damn team just so they can get their Pokemon in without battling it up. It's pathetic.

Edit: Didn't mean to come off rude.

Having 2+ account is against the TOS.. You will get you banned. And very much cheaty.. Most of the reasons you listed are potential cheating for when trading is introduced.

I really hate the people that use a 2nd account to knock out a player on their own damn team just so they can get their Pokemon in without battling it up. It's pathetic.

I didn't say it wasn't cheating. Nor did I say that I have a 2nd account. You merely asked why someone would want a 2nd account. I named the reasons that came to me.

I agree it's cheating and I know it's against the TOS.

GulAtiCa

I didn't say it wasn't cheating. Nor did I say that I have a 2nd account. You merely asked why someone would want a 2nd account. I named the reasons that came to me.

I agree it's cheating and I know it's against the TOS.

Ohh. Sorry, didn't mean to come off as being rude. Didn't realize you were literally answering my question straight and not talking about yourself there. I incorrectly interpreted your response as reasons why you might use a 2nd account. I don't know why I went to that conclusion. Sorry about that.

Yeah, I can think of reasons like that too. Was more trying to gauge why "'77 Shortbox" would want to use a 2nd account.

Ohh. Sorry, didn't mean to come off as being rude. Didn't realize you were literally answering my question straight and not talking about yourself there. I incorrectly interpreted your response as reasons why you might use a 2nd account. I don't know why I went to that conclusion. Sorry about that.

Yeah, I can think of reasons like that too. Was more trying to gauge why "'77 Shortbox" would want to use a 2nd account.

No worries. Looks like we are on the same page.

I did it out of boredom. Once that pokedex is filled and you find 10 gyms that rarely get taken, it's hard to justify doing anything other than logging in to collect your daily rewards.

Had a great day today. Hatched a Mareep, which I didn't have, and can now evolve an Ampharos. Picked up another two 10k eggs which is somewhat making up for my drought, and then caught enough Chikoritas in the park on my way to work to evolve Meganium.
232 in the Dex now. Main needs are a sun stone and a decent IV Chansey to evolve now.

I would probably want to get a second account now just to experience "newness" to the game again. it's 2 million xp to the next level, I feel like it's gonna take forever. until the gym rework there is nothing left to do. I'm hoping for something good soon.

I mean, me and my friend who's on a different team do this anyway, why's it matter if it's one guy with two accounts?

I agree with you about trading though.

oti

Banned
Celebrating the First Anniversary of Pokémon GO!

Trainers,

We’re celebrating two amazing milestones—Pokémon GO’s one-year anniversary and 750 million global downloads—and you’re invited to join in on the fun! Over the next few months, we’re hosting real-world and in-game events planned alongside some very exciting new features that will get you outside exploring the world with family and friends. Get ready for an action-packed couple of months!

To kick things off, we will be hosting the Solstice Event starting on June 13, 2017. This in-game event will feature Fire-type and Ice-type Pokémon, huge XP bonuses for throwing Poké Balls accurately, and discounted Lucky Eggs in the in-game shop. Soon thereafter, you can look forward to a new update focused on collaborative group gameplay features that will get you playing Pokémon GO in fun new ways. In preparation for these exciting features, we’ll be temporarily disabling Gyms for a short period of time.

We’re also excited to announce our first ever real-world Pokémon GO event coming your way: Pokémon GO Fest Chicago! This event will take place in downtown Chicago, Illinois, USA at the beautiful Grant Park on July 22, 2017. Join us as we celebrate the Pokémon GO community with a ton of exciting festivities. Tickets and more information for Pokémon GO Fest Chicago will be available at PokemonGoLive.com/Fest on Monday, June 19 at 10:00 A.M. PDT, so make sure to mark your calendars and follow our social media channels to be notified when tickets go live! European Trainers can look forward to Pokémon GO celebrations hosted across the continent from June through September in partnership with Unibail-Rodamco shopping centers. We'll be posting a complete schedule for these events very soon. Also, The Pokémon Company is organizing “Pikachu Outbreak”, a Pokémon event in Yokohama, Japan, in August where they’re exploring a unique Pokémon GO experience. Stay tuned for even more details surrounding each of these events in the coming weeks.

Keep an eye on PokemonGoLive.com and our Pokémon GO social media channels for the latest news and updates surrounding the exciting features and events coming your way. See you outside!

—The Pokémon GO team

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/anniversary2017

gutshot

I'm way more excited about the gym change finally being confirmed as coming very soon. All gyms being disabled and returned to neutral is going to make the days after its launch completely chaotic as teams battle over long-neglected gyms again. Should be fun!

T.O.P

Banned
Gym resets is gonna be fun, quite excited to see what will they come up with

...kinda suck to loose 8 gyms all together tho lol

GulAtiCa

Looking forward to the ice event.

Also, seems like a Dratini family morning for me. Caught 2 Dratinis and saw (but ran away) a Dragonair too. All in the same shopping area before work.

There's a new Pokestop appeared by my work today (in Dalston, London).
It says 'sponsored' in the corner.
The stop is called GO LONDON and the description reads 'WORLD LEADERS IN FINANCIAL SERVICES, THE ARTS AND POKE BALL THROWING'.

Anyone else seen a sponsored Pokestop appear?!

I'm way more excited about the gym change finally being confirmed as coming very soon. All gyms being disabled and returned to neutral is going to make the days after its launch completely chaotic as teams battle over long-neglected gyms again. Should be fun!

And here I'll just drive an hour to get my ten gyms that never go down. I've been the only one in them for weeks. As for the in town gyms? Letthemfight.gif

I would probably want to get a second account now just to experience "newness" to the game again. it's 2 million xp to the next level, I feel like it's gonna take forever. until the gym rework there is nothing left to do. I'm hoping for something good soon.

I tried playing with an alternate account a while back, and I only lasted minutes before going back to my main.

I feel that I'm at a good spot. I think the steep EXP curves are actually a blessing in disguise. I'm at level 33 with 200K earned on it. It means that everything I do in this app still has some weight to it.

It will honestly take me years to reach 40 at my current rate. My playtime was crazy during the first four months, and then it dropped off big.

It's those people who are at 40 or really close to it that really don't get anything from playing.

EDIT: I actually looked up the chart and saw that the required EXP for the remaining levels was even higher than I thought.

I'll never get to 40! I have 3,950,000 EXP right now, and I obviously won't repeat that in another year. I would probably only get to 35 a year from now.

Oxx

I hit level 36 last night.

Enough to raise a couple of my big-hitters over the 3000cp threshold.

It's a long way to level 37. I don't think I will be tempted by cheapo lucky eggs.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, that would suck. Hopefully legendaries are something you can earn.

I'm ok with the Chicago event players getting other free things, like items and such though.

Growlie19

Nice to see the fire and ice event confirmed. Can't wait for the gym rework; I might go on one last gym-conquering campaign before the current gym system ends. And the Chicago event is exciting, though it doesn't affect me. Hopefully it's just regionals and/or premium items, and they spread the legendary love around to smaller areas.

Anyways, today I hatched four 5K's and got two Ponyta, a Vulpix, and a Tyrogue with HP as its highest. In exchange, I got two 10K's (!), two 2K's (hatched into Charmander and Diglett), and a 5K. That puts me at seven 10K eggs, a new personal record! I know they indirectly increased their odds, but this is ridiculous.

GulAtiCa

Another new Subway Ad, this time in New York.

kpMLejn.jpg

Growlie19

So I went ahead and hatched my seven 10K's. While I was expecting at least a Pineco or a Gligar, I actually got three of each along with a Dratini. Such a disappointment, but at least the stardust boost was good. I also got my gold Ice and silver Steel medals.

Being in a desert biome, I'm pretty wary here. Like, Swinub would be amazing, Lapras are always appreciated, and stocking up on Sneasel candy would be nice. But I have a bad feeling that I'm gonna just get tons of fire Pokémon and like, Shellder. Like how the Ghost event only gave my area a bunch of Meowth and Cubone, both common in deserts, and the Rock event would have been a total bust if it weren't for the two Aerodactyl I caught. Only got extra Geodude and Omanyte.

Being in a desert biome, I'm pretty wary here. Like, Swinub would be amazing, Lapras are always appreciated, and stocking up on Sneasle candy would be nice. But I have a bad feeling that I'm gonna just get tons of fire Pokémon and like, Shellder. Like how the Ghost event only gave my area a bunch of Meowth and Cubone, both common in deserts, and the Rock event would have been a total bust if it weren't for the two Aerodactyl I caught. Only got extra Geodude and Omanyte.
Opposite here. Give me those fire Pokemon. Gonna end up with hoards of swinub of which I already have enough of.

gutshot

Event is live!

Triple XP for ALL XP given when catching a Pokemon. Just got 780 XP for an Excellent Throw, Curveball and First Catch of a Magikarp!

Andrefpvs

First Pokémon I see: a Typhlosion.

Holy shit

Edit: Can confirm the experience multiplier does NOT apply to the "New Pokémon" or "First Catch of the Day" bonuses. Still 500 XP each.

Top Bottom