• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Ok, well fuck moltres. I got one but have failed so many times. Such a beast to catch. Hopefully zapdos is a bit easier to catch. Because he's been demoralizing

beta_fuse

Ok, well fuck moltres. I got one but have failed so many times. Such a beast to catch. Hopefully zapdos is a bit easier to catch. Because he's been demoralizing

Yoooo me too. I caught 2 today but on 8 tries (overall 2/10) and on 5 of them I hit him with at least 4 great curves and 2 excellent (all with golden razz). I didn't have this much trouble with Articuno and Lugia.

and I'm not gonna lie when I heard others catching it with regular shots I was getting salty.

Quadratic

So I walked 10K with my Eevee, evolved it, and got a Flareon. I was hoping to get an Espeon!

Was it 10km exactly? I can't prove it's 100% but I got an Espeon with at 10km+ Eevee. So the km tracked has to be like 10.5km
Edit: Did you evolve from the buddy screen? I was checking the Pokemon Go subreddit and that might be a criteria? I don't remember if I did that step as well.

border

I've had no problem evolving Espeon or Umbreon from Eevees with 10KM walked, so I don't know what the issue might be. Maybe close and reboot the app to make sure their server accurately shows you've walked the full 10K.

Was it 10km exactly? I can't prove it's 100% but I got an Espeon with at 10km+ Eevee. So the km tracked has to be like 10.5km
Edit: Did you evolve from the buddy screen? I was checking the Pokemon Go subreddit and that might be a criteria? I don't remember if I did that step as well.

I didn't know you could do that. Maybe that's my problem

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
LTTP I know

How good or lame is Raichu?

I'm currently like less 5 candy away from the evolve, and I've got Pika set as my walking buddy. I should walk enough tomorrow to get the evolve.

border

I've never evolved Eevee from the Buddy Screen, but whenever I have initiated an evolution the Eevee was my buddy. Get it to 10KM walked, keep it as your buddy, then evolve.

border

LTTP I know

How good or lame is Raichu?

I'm currently like less 5 candy away from the evolve, and I've got Pika set as my walking buddy. I should walk enough tomorrow to get the evolve.

Raichu is kinda pointless, since Jolteon, Ampharos, and (soon) Zapdos will be the Electric types you want. Evolve 1 Raichu just so you get the Pokedex entry, but beyond that there really isn't any point in developing a good Raichu.

Vanillalite

Raichu is kinda pointless, since Jolteon, Ampharos, and (soon) Zapdos will be the Electric types you want. Evolve 1 Raichu just so you get the Pokedex entry, but beyond that there really isn't any point in developing a good Raichu.

Fucking Eevee evolves running everything.

(Vaporeon still my main lol)

Vanillalite

Wish coins worked as they are now, but you could get up to 100 like before.

Then I could bank more coins for incense when I go out walking to get spawns more like when the event was happening. :/

w00t, got my second Unown. Now I have K and O.

Dozens of people showed up for it, lol. Actually, probably way more. There were dozens for the couple minutes I was there, near the end of the spawn, so I assume many more had showed up before hand.

8bit

Knows the Score
How many Unowns are there? In Zürich today and I've got 6 different ones today by the look of it.

--

edit, 26 wtf

Chuckie

A Lugia, a Kangaskhan and 3 Unown today! Great day. City center was croooowded with PoGo players. Even people from Belgium came to the Netherlands.

Joni

Got a Lugia, a Moltres and a Machamp so three very succesful raids. Quite fun. Did Machamp with a single friend, but the other two were fun groups again. Including people I recognized from last week even. Got a random Golem at 2400 CP and an Aerodactyl as well. Very productive time. Next week I'll go to the city by bike instead of car though, will be more simple.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Christ, a guy in my local PoGo discord went for a midnight Unown that spawned in a sketchy alley and was shot at (with a gun). He got his first Unown and luckily he didn't get hit but still

HardRojo

I think I'll be raiding all day today lol, the only Lugia escaped but I got 2 out of the 3 Moltres I tried so far. People are going out to parks and everything, this is pretty amazing.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Christ, a guy in my local PoGo discord went for a midnight Unown that spawned in a sketchy alley and was shot at (with a gun). He got his first Unown and luckily he didn't get hit but still
Niantic should be more responsible with this, what are they doing allowing for an Unown to be spawning late at night

Vanillalite

Didn't raid today, but I did specifically go out to grab some Poke for my shitty dex.

I got a lot done. I got like 6 new Poke today for my dex. Successful day for me!

GulAtiCa

Finally! So excited to finally have my 1st Shiny Magikarp. Stats aren't good, but evolving it anyways. Hopefully I'll get another eventually too.

DGkZ8c3UwAASl5B.jpg:large

vikki

These raids are pretty discouraging. Unless it's a little shit pokemon, I've got no chance of defeating it. The wife and I have failed at taking down a Vaporeon and a Charizard recently. Of course I have kind of shit pokemon, but the wife has decent 2K pokemon to fight with. Sucks because we're live between two gyms that seem to have raids often. Good raids too. They had plenty of Articuno battles, there have been a few Moltres and Lugia, and there is a Tyranitar going now. Guess I'll work on hatching eggs and leveling the simply amazing Pokemon.

GulAtiCa

These raids are pretty discouraging. Unless it's a little shit pokemon, I've got no chance of defeating it. The wife and I have failed at taking down a Vaporeon and a Charizard recently. Of course I have kind of shit pokemon, but the wife has decent 2K pokemon to fight with. Sucks because we're live between two gyms that seem to have raids often. Good raids too. They had plenty of Articuno battles, there have been a few Moltres and Lugia, and there is a Tyranitar going now. Guess I'll work on hatching eggs and leveling the simply amazing Pokemon.

Have you not tried raiding with others? Cause for just the 2 of you, you will only really be able to do T3 and below. T4 and esp T5 will require a decent group. Lugia alone 10+. Moltres currently weakest and more like 5+ (with good very high levels & good pokemon)

Join Discord. Search Facebook / Reddit for your local town / city Pokemon Go group. Ask others you see at raids how they are coordinating.

some dude at our local raids has 3 young daughters. So each time hes gotta hear from them everytime they don't manage to catch a legendary LOL. Poor guy.

Right now he's desperately trying to get a Moltres for his one daughter that doesn't have it. The last daughter that was missing a Tyranitar managed to catch one this morning.

LOL Poor guy.

some dude at our local raids has 3 young daughters. So each time hes gotta hear from them everytime they don't manage to catch a legendary LOL. Poor guy.

Right now he's desperately trying to get a Moltres for his one daughter that doesn't have it. The last daughter that was missing a Tyranitar managed to catch one this morning.

LOL Poor guy.
Well I'd find it pretty cool if I could play Pokemon Go with my kids. Must be cool

I know it's been said before, but raid passes really should work like Treasure Keys in Destiny's Prison of Elders mode. That is, allow everyone to participate for free, but you have to use the pass to earn the XP, rewards, and unlock the capture challenge. I feel like that would solve a lot of problems. You'd have more people making attempts at raids since there's no risk beyond wasting potions and revives. Plus, you'd be able to help friends in raids you don't care about, or if you're out of passes for the day. They can even add a shortcut to buy a pass to that screen to push it on ya a little bit.

Since raid passes already last the duration of the raid rather than per attempt, the revenue from people wasting raid passes and then buying another they wouldn't have under the proposed system is likely quite small. And as the system would likely push more people to try raids they wouldn't have, this should increase the number of successful raiders, resulting in a potential net increase in raid pass purchases. As is, you have a lot of people not even participating because they fear their passes will be wasted.

Also, they REALLY need to let players set "beacons" for raids, to show people viewing the raid from a distance that players are interested. I don't even bother with Snorlax or Lapras raids since no one EVER shows here, but if I saw a big "3 Players" icon above one I'd check it out.

vikki

Have you not tried raiding with others? Cause for just the 2 of you, you will only really be able to do T3 and below. T4 and esp T5 will require a decent group. Lugia alone 10+. Moltres currently weakest and more like 5+ (with good very high levels & good pokemon)

Join Discord. Search Facebook / Reddit for your local town / city Pokemon Go group. Ask others you see at raids how they are coordinating.

I don't see many playing here in Queens (I know people are, the gyms are constantly changing control). Actually, I saw someone playing for the first time in a while this morning, he was at one of the gym's raiding a magicarp. I said hi, but he didn't seem to want to talk.

Finally! So excited to finally have my 1st Shiny Magikarp. Stats aren't good, but evolving it anyways. Hopefully I'll get another eventually too.

Thats awesome! Is magikarp/gyrados still the only possible shiny to find right now?

Also, how much longer do I have to catch Moltres? I've been putting it off....

HardRojo

Went raiding all day today. Damn! Managed to catch 5 Moltres out of probably 13 or 14 raids and 3 Lugia out of 6 raids. It helped a lot that we met a guy with a van who was taking everyone through the city for the raids, that was pretty amazing as we were a constant group of about 15 people moving to all the legendary raids we found till the cutoff.

robochimp

Went raiding all day today. Damn! Managed to catch 5 Moltres out of probably 13 or 14 raids and 3 Lugia out of 6 raids. It helped a lot that we met a guy with a van who was taking everyone through the city for the raids, that was pretty amazing as we were a constant group of about 15 people moving to all the legendary raids we found till the cutoff.

Awesome, I'm glad you found a group to raid with. It's fun getting caught up in a raid caravan.

I'm 6/7 on Moltres.

HardRojo

Awesome, I'm glad you found a group to raid with. It's fun getting caught up in a raid caravan.

I'm 6/7 on Moltres.

Yeah, was pretty cool to set up the raids and everything lol. We're planning to do the same thing next Sunday. Someone in the group was even able to score a 100% Moltres.

GulAtiCa

Holy shit, nice! Though why you level it up so much? Have a lot of stardust to burn through?

I know someone who almost had a perfect Moltres. But it ran from him... Lol. He was pissed.

I've been saving mine for Zapdos. I so want to use my stardust on my new shiny Gyarados. This is now my 16th Gyarados.

Top Bottom