• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Qwark

Apparently Zapdos is already popping up? Someone posted a screenshot in a group and I don't think they were BSing.

Moltres dropped around this time last week, but only in select locations, like Bellevue, it didn't reach my location til around 5 pacific.

robochimp

Apparently Zapdos is already popping up? Someone posted a screenshot in a group and I don't think they were BSing.

A quick look at tier 5 raids in gym hunter and it's like 12 Lugia 2 Moltres in my area, so yeah maybe Moltres is winding down now, it's usually the other way around.

HardRojo

No Zapdos popping up close lol, I don't feel like going a bit too far for one right now. 2 Lugia spawned in a park that's impossible to reach right now as it is closed on Mondays, fucking sucks.

Firemind

Zapdos isn't out here yet so we did a 40-man gym run in our small town in preparation for tomorrow. No spoofing. Legit going to gyms and taking them over. After a while it caught wind and we got some resistance, so we couldn't quite paint the whole town yellow. This was our best result:

JWWHYK3.jpg

Now let's go Zapdos!

Wow, after a demoralizing moltres, I'm 2 for 2 on zapdos. The nanabberry trick really works.

Also helps that he's not as aggressive as moltres, no cheap attack, emmediatly attack again as soon as your fingers off the ball.

His movements arnt as erratic and he's much closer.

Magik

Make sure you all have some Golems when fighting Zapdos cause it hits like a truck.

But yeah, using the Nanab berry is ideal especially if you have trouble just hitting the pokemon itself. I'm okay with a reduced catch rate using a Nanab berry than missing a throw all together because it is moving around a lot.

1/1 for Zapdos and it was 97% :)

Pineapple

I did 8 legendary raids today with my roommate. 2 Lugia raids, 3 Moltres, and 3 Zapdos. I caught 1 Moltres and 1 Zapdos, which is fairly decent.

My rommate, on the other hand, went 1/3 on Moltres, 2/2 on Lugia, and 3/3 on Zapdos. I've honestly never even heard of someone having the kind of luck he had today.

robochimp

I did 8 legendary raids today with my roommate. 2 Lugia raids, 3 Moltres, and 3 Zapdos. I caught 1 Moltres and 1 Zapdos, which is fairly decent.

My rommate, on the other hand, went 1/3 on Moltres, 2/2 on Lugia, and 3/3 on Zapdos. I've honestly never even heard of someone having the kind of luck he had today.

My tally:

Articuno 6/8
Zapdos 1/1
Moltres 7/8

I'm amazed every time I catch them. 😎

Lugia 0/1

Toki767

0/1 so far.

Only a 1867 though so not too upset about it.

Zapdos seems so easy to hit with curveballs though. Way easier than Moltres.

border

At my first Zapdos raid, I caught it on my first throw. Such a relief. Now I can do these raids just for fun. With Moltres I felt increasingly panicked and worried as the week went on, since I was thinking I might not catch it before Monday arrived.

What is the roadmap for future legendaries? Will there be a new one next week? Or will they just keep rotating the Bird Trio in and out on a weekly basis?

What is the roadmap for future legendaries? Will there be a new one next week? Or will they just keep rotating the Bird Trio in and out on a weekly basis?

We have literally no idea what will happen after Zapdos ends. I don't believe we'll be getting any Legendaries for a while though, and I also am fairly certain the birds will be retired for quite a while, if not forever.

At my first Zapdos raid, I caught it on my first throw. Such a relief. Now I can do these raids just for fun. With Moltres I felt increasingly panicked and worried as the week went on, since I was thinking I might not catch it before Monday arrived.

I really hope they take a break from legendaries for a while, like honestly a month or two. They're great and all but when they're happening you feel like you are forced to do them every day and at least in some areas it's stressful finding a group to do it with. I'd rather they just step away from it for a bit and just focus on normal gameplay for a while. Maybe have another event not related to raids to get people out there walking again sometime in August, then return in September/Fall with Ho-oh and the three dogs.

I went 3/3 on Zapdos today. 78, 87 and 89 IVs. I except my luck to drop soon though. I started off 2/3 on Moltres and finished 3/12. At least Zapdos is so much easier to hit than Moltres was. There were so many times where my balls would fall short when I tried to land a curve on Moltres even when they looked dead on. It was really frustrating.

HardRojo

I've been reading about Niantic supposedly using Zapdos' shiny model for his regular model, and after checking some sprites and models from the main games, it seems they're really doing that lol.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
This brings a tear to my eye

Zapdos isn't out here yet so we did a 40-man gym run in our small town in preparation for tomorrow. No spoofing. Legit going to gyms and taking them over. After a while it caught wind and we got some resistance, so we couldn't quite paint the whole town yellow. This was our best result:

Now let's go Zapdos!

I had one of my best days of PoGo today. I was only planning on doing a couple raids after work, but I accidentally ran into a big Instinct group that was really efficient. Nice to see so much representation from Instinct now that our bird is finally out. I ended up staying until the last raid of the night and did 8 Zapdos raids in less than 3 hours. And I caught 6 out of 8! Feels like it's easier to get great throws because it's not as far as the other legendaries

Chuckie

We have literally no idea what will happen after Zapdos ends. I don't believe we'll be getting any Legendaries for a while though, and I also am fairly certain the birds will be retired for quite a while, if not forever.

I fucking hope not. Didn't get Moltress...fucker kept getting away.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

They would never be able to attract new players if legendaries were a one and done scenario.
It's not unprecedented for the series. If you save after failing to capture a legendary, they're gone forever unless you completely restart the game. More notably, you typically get one chance (or less!) per generation to obtain event Pokémon or you miss out in getting them in those games forever, unless you cheat. Celebi went, what, a decade without being legitimately obtainable outside of Japan?

I could see Niantic making legendaries a once ever thing.

So how many people do you usually need to take down Zapdos.
I'm gonna play all evening today because it might be the only day I get the chance to catch it.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
What's this? Some trick I haven't heard about?

My only Zapdos from today escaped :( Someone caught it with his first ball and it was even a critical catch lol, lucky. I'll try again tomorrow.

the nabab effect lasts 2 turns so you can use nabab to make him stand still for 2 turns so on the next turn put a golden raz on him and hit him with a curve excellent

-MB-

Four is easy with Golems and T-Tars.

Those T-Tars better be powreed up some, because ones used fresh from raids without any (2000cp) are insta death when its charge attack hits, and they can hit in multiple succession as well. I used a bunch of those (with bite/Stone Edge) and they all went in rapid succession withotu having a chance to use the SE.
Took 4 tries, but managed to catch the first one.

Makeda

I had a strange experience trying to catch my Zapdos...

Joined a full raid and went to select my Pokémon team as normal, got into the match and my game kept loading and failing to start the battle. After about 30/40 seconds of watching the Poke-loading ball spinning I quickly closed and re-opened the app (not once, twice but thrice!)
After several failed attempts to try entering the gym/ battle again I randomly got the "You Win" prompt and got the chance to capture Zapdos (which I managed).

All's well that ends well I guess :D

I had a strange experience trying to catch my Zapdos...

Joined a full raid and went to select my Pokémon team as normal, got into the match and my game kept loading and failing to start the battle. After about 30/40 seconds of watching the Poke-loading ball spinning I quickly closed and re-opened the app (not once, twice but thrice!)
After several failed attempts to try entering the gym/ battle again I randomly got the "You Win" prompt and got the chance to capture Zapdos (which I managed).

All's well that ends well I guess :D

Once you're in the match you're in. Even if the game crashes and you restart, the game remembers. Once you go back you can catch it. That's one thing this game is really good at: it remembers everything even if it crashes.

robochimp

It's not unprecedented for the series. If you save after failing to capture a legendary, they're gone forever unless you completely restart the game. More notably, you typically get one chance (or less!) per generation to obtain event Pokémon or you miss out in getting them in those games forever, unless you cheat. Celebi went, what, a decade without being legitimately obtainable outside of Japan?

I could see Niantic making legendaries a once ever thing.

There are models for the shiny legendaries in the game and no reports of anyone seeing or catching any, they aren't going away.

Once you're in the match you're in. Even if the game crashes and you restart, the game remembers. Once you go back you can catch it. That's one thing this game is really good at: it remembers everything even if it crashes.

Im not sure what they did but I've seen two people at raids not get to go back in and catch. I've seen on Reddit that to avoid that happening you want to make any lineup change, wait before rejoining, or if it's almost dead don't rejoin.

Top Bottom