• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Firemind

Those T-Tars better be powreed up some, because ones used fresh from raids without any (2000cp) are insta death when its charge attack hits, and they can hit in multiple succession as well. I used a bunch of those (with bite/Stone Edge) and they all went in rapid succession withotu having a chance to use the SE.
Took 4 tries, but managed to catch the first one.
Yeah power those T-Tars up. DPS should still be more than Piloswine/Jynx/Rhydon since max reviving and rejoining takes like 15 seconds.

GulAtiCa

Now 2/2 for Zapdos! Did a raid this morning with 5 and just barely beat it.

I failed to get a Moltres :(

Went to a raid on Sunday but only five people showed up.
Hope I get another chance in the future.

Damn, that sucks. Were you all sorta low levels? Cause 5 people could take Moltres with ease. Granted, you still kinda need to be 30+ with good Pokemon.

Did my first Zapdos raid with 13 people. Didn't get it :'(
Also did a Lugia which I got but my other one is better. So 2/2 for Lugia so far.

T.O.P

Banned
3/6 Zapdos and finally got a 93%

I'll lay low until the weekend then i'll help the other groups a bit, feels good to get shit done on the first day

Now 2/2 for Zapdos! Did a raid this morning with 5 and just barely beat it.

Damn, that sucks. Were you all sorta low levels? Cause 5 people could take Moltres with ease. Granted, you still kinda need to be 30+ with good Pokemon.

Yeah, couple of people around level 25 so we didn't stand a chance.

Wish they stuck around for two or more weeks each.
I can't devote an entire day each week to going into the centre of town to raid.

Luxorek

4/6 Zapdos today. The best one is 91% 14/14/13, which is fine by me. Hopefully, I will find one with a 15 attack stat.

Had a friend today catch a 96% and witnessed a girl catching a 100% one. She also has a 100% Articuno, 96% Lugia and I didn't even dare ask about Moltres haha - such luck : )

Qwark

One thing that I don't like about the raid system is that everybody just wants to get what's hot, meaning nobody shows up to raids that aren't entirely relevant anymore so good luck completing the tough ones.

I don't know how to fix this, but it's annoying. Fixing this might go along with fixing problems for rural players too.

GulAtiCa

One thing that I don't like about the raid system is that everybody just wants to get what's hot, meaning nobody shows up to raids that aren't entirely relevant anymore so good luck completing the tough ones.

I don't know how to fix this, but it's annoying. Fixing this might go along with fixing problems for rural players too.

Yeah, this probably be an issue with those that stick strickly to Free to Play method and only do 1 or 2 a day for sure.

I feel like if they had a system where you could do a Raid for free, but wouldn't get you the Pokemon and maybe 1/2 the items, could help out. Like I'm sure if something like this excited, some would be willing to help out on other raids.

I sort of hope that after the legendarys dissapear next week that the various raid groups still keep going but focus attention on some of the weaker mon

There's almost 0 chance people will put the same level off effort in but even if just 4/5 people turn up to the raids that would be great

I imagine people will focus their limited raid passes on the legendarys this week - especially as it's their last chance to get lugia

Is ditto still live? Should I be using lures or incenses to try and catch him?

Been out of the loop for a long while ans figured it was easiest to ask in the hopes someone can confirm they caught him recently - the articles I found online are a little old and vague on whether it was a timed event or not

Toki767

Is ditto still live? Should I be using lures or incenses to try and catch him?

Been out of the loop for a long while ans figured it was easiest to ask in the hopes someone can confirm they caught him recently - the articles I found online are a little old and vague on whether it was a timed event or not

I got one last week.

Super noob question, but which site/app/thing are you guys using to ascertain the percentages for Pokemon? How do you know the stats before you even catch it?

I've been to a raid with 70 people, it was insane. I really love how many people you meer through raids. It's so cool, many people have gotten to know each other already. The socializing aspect of raids is amazing.

It took me 4 raids to finally get Zapdos. IVs are not so good. I hope I can get a better one tomorrow.

Velcro Fly

Transferred a perfect attack and defense Graveler that I meant to evolve

I'm a small time player so walking 50+ kilometers recently to farm those candy was a big deal.

I just don't think I'm going to come back from this :(

GulAtiCa

I'm a small time player so walking 50+ kilometers recently to farm those candy was a big deal.

Ouch. :(

Next time, favorite that Pokemon. I have a lot of Pokemon favorited so I don't accidentally transfer anything. :(

dude....you got to "favortie" you pokemon man....sorry about this though...

Edit: These raids are killing my Hyper/Max Potions and Max revives stash.....had over 100 of each each but not around ~20% of each.....

-MB-

The people recommending the Nanab/ Golden berry system, are just peopel who fall on the right side of the RNG syste, it is wholly useless if you are on the wrong side. Basically wasting half the balls, because u ain't ever getting the Legendary with just the nanab, and drastically reduce your already very low chances at getting one.

Firemind

The people recommending the Nanab/ Golden berry system, are just peopel who fall on the right side of the RNG syste, it is wholly useless if you are on the wrong side. Basically wasting half the balls, because u ain't ever getting the Legendary with just the nanab, and drastically reduce your already very low chances at getting one.
You don't if your non-nanab'd throws would have missed because of an attack or movement.

Basicallly, it's RNG lol

11/14 Zapdos btw. Not that it means anything lol

HardRojo

3/6 on Zapdos and 6/10 on Lugia.
This hurt a lot though... it escaped.

Edit: And I caught the next 2... which were way lower IV ones...

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mkmYE50.png[/IMG]

Luxorek

Did another quick raid next to my house and got another weak Zapdos. 5/7 so far.

Super noob question, but which site/app/thing are you guys using to ascertain the percentages for Pokemon? How do you know the stats before you even catch it?

Use Calcy IV or Poke Genie apps for Android/iOS. All raid bosses are at level 20, so it's possible to calculate their IV based on CP. Here is a chart for legendary birds.

14JJV9L.jpg

3/6 on Zapdos and 6/10 on Lugia.
This hurt a lot though... it escaped.

Daaamn. Shame about that. I had a 2050 run on me. Still no 90+ Lugia.

Luxorek

So the Calcy IV app is safe to use right. No danger of getting banned?

It's safe. It doesn't request any info from Niantic servers or force you to use your login data. It just takes a screenshot of the Pokemon and uses it to calculate the IVs - you can then pinpoint the result by inserting data from appraisal if you get more than one possible combination.

I guess I'm finally getting lucky!!! 5/8 on Zapdos!!! this bird loves me!

though I feel sorry for the instinct players though; their bird is finally up but the few who are at raids get like 5 balls because they don't control the gym and don't do the most damage...meanwhile I'm getting like 9-12....

our city is always Valor and Mystic heavy and it was the same when I went to Central park.

Did another quick raid next to my house and got another weak Zapdos. 5/7 so far.

Use Calcy IV or Poke Genie apps for Android/iOS. All raid bosses are at level 20, so it's possible to calculate their IV based on CP. Here is a chart for legendary birds.

Daaamn. Shame about that. I had a 2050 run on me. Still no 90+ Lugia.

Thanks!

I was 1/1 on both Articuno and Lugia but ended up 0/1 on Moltres :( I went to 7 raids for it but only once did we have enough people to beat it, it's very frustrating. I hope it rotates in again soon as having that hole in Pokedex is going to annoy me. Haven't had the chance to go for Zapdos yet but will probably try and go to Birmingham tomorrow or Friday and grab it along with a Kanga and a Unown.

Joni

Didn't have much Unown luck today, as they don't seem to spawn in the area around the Central Station or the Arena. Did get a random Kanga when I was there. Still need a better one and a lot of Unown.

Solobbos

1/1 Zapdos and it was 100% IV. Missed Moltres even though I raided him 9 times, so this helps a bit. Still gotta get Lugia, though.

2 for 5 on Articuno (89, 87)
1 for 5 on Lugia (96)
2 for 4 on Moltres (91, 87)
2 for 5 on Zapdos (91, 87)

7 for 19 total

Need to get through to Glasgow to grab a Kangastan this week sometime if I can (already have a wild Unown)

Used a charged TM on Tyranitar with Crunch and it switched to Fire Blast. Used another and it switched back to Crunch. Used another and it switched back to Fire Blast. Finally got Stone Edge on the fourth attempt.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
caught Zapdos on my 3rd try and I have managed to get 1 of each.

Now I can relax..

GulAtiCa

Did a Zapdos & Lugia raid tonight. Lugia was a 95! My highest yet. Zapdos 91. I have 2 89s and a 91 now. I'm also 3/5 on Zapdos.

Got 2/2 Zapdos today, after 1/2 yesterday. Nice.

Still wonder what the plan is for Mewtwo. They did tease him after all. Will be interesting to see if he still has a 300 second timer, considering how much more powerful than everyone else he is. Gonna be nuts.

john tv

Unowns and Mr Mimes all over the Pokémon Park event in Yokohama. Got a few already.

Apparently the Unowns you can get here spell out "YOKOHAMA"

Top Bottom