• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

Golems for sure. Tyranitar too. Rhydon kinda ok for it's Charged move, but I think both of it's fast move suck against Zapdos.

Ice Pokémon might be ok, but not Articuno or and half water types. So Piloswine and Jynx. Piloswine will actually be good since it resists Zapdos.

Caught a wild Tyranitar today. Niiiice. I mean, its stats are absolute shit (26%), but it was level 23 or so, so the CP was still nearly 2200 as is, so hey, whatever haha. Plus, 10 more candy is nice.

Ashodin

Holy shit, nice! Though why you level it up so much? Have a lot of stardust to burn through?

I know someone who almost had a perfect Moltres. But it ran from him... Lol. He was pissed.

I've been saving mine for Zapdos. I so want to use my stardust on my new shiny Gyarados. This is now my 16th Gyarados.
Because I love Moltres.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't mind that they are cycling through legendaries to sorta keep people coming back for something new to catch.

I do wish we knew when the ones that have already come through will come back through for those that missed capturing something.

HardRojo

I don't mind that they are cycling through legendaries to sorta keep people coming back for something new to catch.

I do wish we knew when the ones that have already come through will come back through for those that missed capturing something.

Niantic seems to be making bank with raids so far because of their time limited nature, so I wouldn't be surprised if, after Zapdos, we don't see legendary raids for a few months. If they keep going and cycling indefinitely then interest will eventually drop off and that's not what they want.

Haven't done a raid since Tuesday, but I'm going pretty hard this week. I immediately stopped after my 2 consecutive Moltres catches, and I hope to get Zapdos with a strong IV and moveset.

TMs are still somewhat scarce for me, so moves still matter. I changed the Heat Wave on my stronger Moltres. Disappointed that I didn't get Overheat, but Fire Blast is still an improvement. I'll try again down the line.

Aside from Zapdos, my goal is to get a much stronger Lugia with at least one Psychic move. Not really satisfied with my first and only copy.

-MB-

I hate that last ball glitch. Niantic has to fix that shit asap.

You know what I hate with a passion? If you throw a great curve ball, and halfway it suddenly decides to veer off to the right for no reason whatsoever.
Had that several times during Legendary raids now, and it still infuriates me.

Caught a 4th Moltres and that'll have to be it. Was a busy weak for me so couldn't get out to catch many more.

And it's fucking cold.

2nd one I caught was 96% though so I kind of chilled out on then anyway.

Caught a wild Tyranitar today. Niiiice. I mean, its stats are absolute shit (26%), but it was level 23 or so, so the CP was still nearly 2200 as is, so hey, whatever haha. Plus, 10 more candy is nice.

Nice, I went out for a break back in June and caught a wild Dragonnite. It's stats were meh, but he's still sitting there til I get a hatched Dragonare leveled up.

Ended the week by helping friends get their Moltres. One of them caught it on the first ball of their first raid and it was like 95% perfect IVs.

I finally caught a perfect attack stat Lugia so I'm happy about that.

Ready for Zapdos though. My fave Gen 1 legendary.

One thing that infuriates me though, in all the larger raid groups people tend to start getting antsy and want to start ASAP rather than wait for the optimal number of people.

Even worse, yesterday we had 30 for a Lugia raid and instead of doing a 50/50 split people hopped in on the wrong teams raid and it ended up like 17/13 and the group of 13 had to wait for more to show up.

Like, cmon people...

Ended the week by helping friends get their Moltres. One of them caught it on the first ball of their first raid and it was like 95% perfect IVs.

I finally caught a perfect attack stat Lugia so I'm happy about that.

Ready for Zapdos though. My fave Gen 1 legendary.

One thing that infuriates me though, in all the larger raid groups people tend to start getting antsy and want to start ASAP rather than wait for the optimal number of people.

Even worse, yesterday we had 30 for a Lugia raid and instead of doing a 50/50 split people hopped in on the wrong teams raid and it ended up like 17/13 and the group of 13 had to wait for more to show up.

Like, cmon people...
Yeah some people are pretty annoying in raids. I don't get why many also always have to do private groups even though there are only like 10 people present. Last time two more people showed up and they forgot to ask for the code because they didn't know that we're in a privat group and we started without them.

But also sometimes waiting for other players can be annoying. We once waited for people and then when we had enough we started, were already in battle but dropped out because another person showed up. But then we had to do that over and over again because everytime someone new showed up. I wasted so many potions due to that until the point where we said fuck it we won't start over again if new people show up.

Just got back from Central Park(well two days ago) and went around 4/10 on Moltres!!! If any of y'all live close to Central Park; GO THERE!!! They're raids EVERYWHERE! In addition to catching 4 Moltres; caught a Lugia and two Tyranitars!!! There's always a group of people!!!....and I guess it's also a hot bed for spoofers....

Hoping to get a Zapdos or two in tonight after work then getting ready to go hard on doing those raids this week. Zapdos is my favorite bird plus he's probably the best in terms of actual use too so I'm really hoping to get a good one. First goal is just catching one obviously, so hopefully I can get that burden off my back quickly instead of another 0 for 5 start like I had with Moltres.

Firemind

Yeah some people are pretty annoying in raids. I don't get why many also always have to do private groups even though there are only like 10 people present. Last time two more people showed up and they forgot to ask for the code because they didn't know that we're in a privat group and we started without them.

But also sometimes waiting for other players can be annoying. We once waited for people and then when we had enough we started, were already in battle but dropped out because another person showed up. But then we had to do that over and over again because everytime someone new showed up. I wasted so many potions due to that until the point where we said fuck it we won't start over again if new people show up.
if you have time, do private groups to fend off spoofers. takes like a few seconds.

we just wait for people in our own group because the other teams didn't want to wait for us either.

GulAtiCa

Oh, so yesterday I got my last Metal Coat. So finally evolved my last missing Pokemon, Steelix! So outside of regionals and unreleased legendaries, My Pokedex now sits at 236. Can't wait till Gen 3 releases.

Will gain Heracross & Corsola too this November as well.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I'm guessing you guys already know it but Kangashkan and Unown don't only appear in the cities from Niantic's list, the suburds are eligible too.

Got two Kangashkan and three Unown forms without setting foot inside Paris itself. Noooiiice.

Hatched my 4th Porygon since they became 10km egg. Not even mad though but so far none of them had really great IVs.
It's so good that 10km eggs are not that frustrating anymore.

EDIT: And I got another 10km egg, yessss.

In an act of desperation to get moltres, I did a raid during work today and I got one! I had no idea how big this game was among stay at home moms but everyone at the raid, except for me, was a stay at home mom. And they were all very high leveled like 35, 36, 37. We took down moltres pretty quickly.

Toki767

In an act of desperation to get moltres, I did a raid during work today and I got one! I had no idea how big this game was among stay at home moms but everyone at the raid, except for me, was a stay at home mom. And they were all very high leveled like 35, 36, 37. We took down moltres pretty quickly.

There's an older Chinese lady that plays in my city.

She's level 40. Like one other person just got to 39 and everyone else is 36 and lower.

Honestly there are people in their late 30s / early 40s playing and they wanted to meet up at like 6AM today and I was thinking "how do you make a living wtf?"

Joni

Honestly there are people in their late 30s / early 40s playing and they wanted to meet up at like 6AM today and I was thinking "how do you make a living wtf?"
I do a round of Pokemon Go stops before I start working at 7 am. I could come in another hour later even and nobody would care as they know what I'm worth and do. I could see myself doing a raid or two if there were people.

GulAtiCa

I tend to do raids even when I'm at work. I'll take a little time off and just go to a raid, esp for some that are like 2 minutes away from my work. then I'll head back. Lunch break usually best time.

HardRojo

We were all students once...

And there are no early 40s. Lvl. 40 is max lol
Age.
And yeah, yesterday I saw a woman in her early 50s probably, she came to the Lugia raid once we had already started, and she was dressed really nicely, but after realizing she was too late, she just drove away in her Mercedes...
She was level 36 IIRC.

Age.
And yeah, yesterday I saw a woman in her early 50s probably, she came to the Lugia raid once we had already started, and she was dressed really nicely, but after realizing she was too late, she just drove away in her Mercedes...
She was level 36 IIRC.
You didn't back out to let her in?
Meanie. Kidding I don't know if you were finished or not.

Just thinking. It would be nice if the game allowed you to compete in the same raid again for no rewards. That we way you can help out poeple who are late like that.

I'm meeting up at 6 AM-8AM tomorrow for the start of Zapdos. Hoping to hit up 5 or 6 raids.

I'm in my early 30s. That's just how we do.

Top Bottom