• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Is it possible for Niantic to retroactively update the pokedex to show which gendered mons you have? Even the 'evolve' silhouette bugs me when I already have these dudes!

Possible? Sure, entirely. They could write a relatively simple script to run on start-up that could handle it all almost instantly. But considering they haven't, it doesn't appear to be a concern for them, so odds are it's not happening.

CassSept

Well people are talking like alternating between the two result in like a 100% catch rate. That's the kind of superstition I was referring to.

Yeah, that's stupid though because there is literally no reason to believe that's how it works. Someone noticed that Nanab works longer than other berries, suggested alternating berries, some youtubers caught that as SUPER HAX TRICK THAT HELPS CATCHING POKEMON and spread the superstition that it actually boosts catch rate, not that it helps with catching moving Pokemon. But what can you do, eh.

What's the best way to help fill out my noob dex?

Should I spend my coins in lures, incense, or incubators?

As said above, nests, nests, nests. Join your city's facebook group, learn what nests are during given period (they rotate every two weeks on Wednesday/Thursday night) and slowly fill up your dex with missing Pokemon. Coins for incubators certainly. Incense is useless.

Did 3 Zapdos and 1 Lugia on Wednesday. It was my first time raiding this week, and I caught only 1 of the Zapdos. I caught it at 1858 CP, and it has an 84.4% rating. The two that ran away had even lower CP, so I did get the strongest one.

It already came with Charge Beam/Thunderbolt and it has 15 HP, 10 ATK, and 13 DEF. The ATK is mildly disappointing, but this Zapdos is fine overall.

The Lugia ran away, and I'm pretty salty about it because it spawned as a 2036 CP. My Lugia has the lowest possible CP, and its moves are subpar (no Psychic Moves at all). I definitely want a better one, so I'm focusing on it before this event is over.

I did very well with TMs. I got 3 Fast and 3 Charged from the raiding. The people I played with were hardcore players. They had a level 40 and a few who were between 37 and 39. I played with a large group of 18 for the Lugia raid.

Will definitely do at least one more day of raiding before the Legendaries go away. I had a good time.

T.O.P

Banned
How do you guys coordinate groups for raiding?
Telegram groups, i got something like 300 people ready to raid

I got lucky that i met (a.k.a forced me into their car) a group that linked me to all the other players the night the gym update dropped

Chuckie

How do you guys coordinate groups for raiding?

Local whatsapp group. About 150 members, which for the small city I live in is more than enough. I just wish I found out about the group earlier, I could've gone on more Moltres raids :(

*hums Katy Perry's "The one that got away"*

john tv

Did 3 Zapdos and 1 Lugia on Wednesday. It was my first time raiding this week, and I caught only 1 of the Zapdos. I caught it at 1858 CP, and it has an 84.4% rating. The two that ran away had even lower CP, so I did get the strongest one.

It already came with Charge Beam/Thunderbolt and it has 15 HP, 10 ATK, and 13 DEF. The ATK is mildly disappointing, but this Zapdos is fine overall.

The Lugia ran away, and I'm pretty salty about it because it spawned as a 2036 CP. My Lugia has the lowest possible CP, and its moves are subpar (no Psychic Moves at all). I definitely want a better one, so I'm focusing on it before this event is over.

I did very well with TMs. I got 3 Fast and 3 Charged from the raiding. The people I played with were hardcore players. They had a level 40 and a few who were between 37 and 39. I played with a large group of 18 for the Lugia raid.

Will definitely do at least one more day of raiding before the Legendaries go away. I had a good time.
When you say "ran away" do you just mean you didn't catch it? (i.e. you ran out of balls?) Or can they actually run away like normal Pokemon? (That would be so shitty, LOL)

They should allow the bird trio (as well as any other legendaries in the same tier or lower, like the beast trio) in gyms. They're not powerful enough to banned; they have lower total base stats than Dragonite, Tyranitar, and other future psuedo-legendaries. Upper-echelon legendaries like Lugia, Ho-Oh, and Mewtwo, yeah, I get blocking those.

I know the real reason is likely to prevent gyms from getting stale with the trio sitting in every gym, but eh. People already tend to just dump random crap in anyway. They'd probably cool off on dumping legendaries in pretty quickly.

-MB-

As expected, todays free run ended in the same bs not catching it. This time I thre 90% grest with a curve + golden razz, and it still popped out mostly from first ball. WHilst someone else caught it at first ball, his 4th in a row doing so, who then helped 3 others, one who didn't catch it for 6 attempts either, and caught it on first try for all 3 as well.
So I let him do my last 2 balls, and did not for me. Proof I should just quit, im in the 1% who is on the completely wrong side now.

Yes, that is the point of this, to slow movement so that it is harder to miss with subsequent balls.

Just get better at hitting it?

I get Curveball + Great throw every single time, I'm 9/11 on Zapdos.

I get the circle to the size I want it then release the ball and wait for the boss to attack, then quickly curve and throw so the attack animation ends while the ball is mid-flight.
Works every time.

GulAtiCa

Caught a 100% Geodude today! Now have a nice perfect 100% Golem at lv 30 with 2500 cp. Joins my 100% Machamp, Jolteon, Gyarados, Slowking collection. Up next, Dratini!
The geodude was in a lock community, but luckily it was morning so plenty of people coming and going. So I entered on foot through the gate as soon as someone left.

I'm also up to 4 Unowns. Have the following: D, O, S, P.

gutshot

Haven't had much time or desire to play recently, but I was able to get Moltres last week on my first try and today got my Zapdos. I'll probably wait until Gen 3 drops before picking up the game in earnest again. Now that my Pokedex is more or less complete, the game has become a bit stale.

Qwark

Well people are talking like alternating between the two result in like a 100% catch rate. That's the kind of superstition I was referring to.

Yeah, that's definitely not true. From what I can tell, that's a spin on the original theory that Nanab may last longer than 1 subsequent ball.

Just get better at hitting it?

I get Curveball + Great throw every single time, I'm 9/11 on Zapdos.

I get the circle to the size I want it then release the ball and wait for the boss to attack, then quickly curve and throw so the attack animation ends while the ball is mid-flight.
Works every time.

Nice tip /s. I'm doing pretty well, thanks. I'm 5/6 on Zapdos and I usually get great curves also. It helps by slowing down attacks and going from 11 balls to 10 balls isn't a big deal to me.

Toki767

I have no issues hitting Zapdos. I get a curve + great like 80% of the time.

And I'm 2/9 on it.

I really think those percentages that The Silph Road put out may either be completely wrong or the game is bugged because Niantic.

-MB-

And I'm 2/9 on it.

I really think those percentages that The Silph Road put out may either be completely wrong or the game is bugged because Niantic.

The numbers might be correct most of the time, but it still depends on the RNG system. If it decides you get 0,00001% chance to catch it, even those added extra chances amount to nothing and you will still never catch it.

For me, it's been:

1/5 Articuno
2/2 Moltres
1/3 Zapdos
1/3 Lugia

Generally, I've been having a tough time with catches even though I Golden Razz and constantly good hits with curve balls. That supposed Nanab and Golden Razz "trick" doesn't guarantee a capture.

Only had real good luck with Moltres, but i had no desire to do more than two raids of it.

Will continue raiding for the hopes of a stronger Lugia and more items. I'm going to miss the social aspect of this, because I think raids will completely die down after the Legendaries go.

At least tier 2 Raids will occasionally drop the good stuff.

One thing that is starting to annoy me is that anytime I get back one of my favorited Pokémon from the gym it gets unfavorited automatically. And it's starting to bother me

One thing that is starting to annoy me is that anytime I get back one of my favorited Pokémon from the gym it gets unfavorited automatically. And it's starting to bother me
That's not quite what's happening. It's when you check the summary page for a Pokémon that's currently in a gym that it gets unfavorated. You can get around it by selecting a different Pokémon and swiping to the gym Pokémon.

Used the last of my stardust reserves from the event to get a Moltres and Zapdos to level 30 (2791 and 2826 CP).

Now it's gonna be a slow road to power up anything else.

robochimp

And I'm 2/9 on it.

Are you hitting it with every ball?

I'm 21/25 on the three birds which would make me believe the silph road numbers. Are your curves actually registering as curves on regular catches?

HardRojo

My record was so good on legendaries. I was 11/18 on Zapdos and 9/13 on Lugia, went to 5 different raids and got none of them... now I'm 11/21 on Zapdos and 9/15 on Lugia...

robox

got a surplus of charge tm's (like 4) and i'm not sure what to use 'em on.

got a few mons with non-optimal moves, like golem with rock blast instead of stone edge. or machamp with close combat instead of dynamic punch.
probbbbly save for later when legendary raids go away and raiding interest drops...

Toki767

Are you hitting it with every ball?

I'm 21/25 on the three birds which would make me believe the silph road numbers. Are your curves actually registering as curves on regular catches?

Yes? For Zapdos especially I have no issues hitting it with a curve on every throw.

For Moltres I couldn't connect so I resorted to regular throws and managed to catch 3.

Zapdos I can do a curve ball all the time and hit no problem. But RNG still lets him break out even with a curve ball and golden razz.

border

Used the last of my stardust reserves from the event to get a Moltres and Zapdos to level 30 (2791 and 2826 CP).

Yeah, I don't even understand why I have people showing up to raids talking about how they have like 8 Zapdos.

What are you even going to do with those things? Spend 60,000 Stardust on every single one of them so they will be in fighting shape?

The dust shortage has really made developing/upgrading pokemon kind of a hopeless task.

GulAtiCa

I know people that done 40 Zapdos raids now. lol. I've only done 10 currently, 6 caught of them. My highest of which is a 91%. Hoping to get a little better one. I plan to level it up after they are gone.

Used a good bit of my stardust on my 3rd Golem (100%!) yesterday. So I only have 175k stardust left.

Besides raids, I'm currently on the lookout for a few more 100%s. Mainly Dratini and Larvitar. Dratini will be easier, I don't think I've even seen a 100% Larvitar on the local scanner allerts. 100% Dratini pops up a few times a week. I do have 2 98% Tyranitars (1 via egg & other via raid).

I'm going to need a lot more stardust. lol

GulAtiCa

40 raids?? Ten a day?

I haven't even done one yet. Those people can't have jobs or responsibilities of any description.

Lol. Few of them are self-employed.

But for me, I can leave work basically at any time to do a few raids. Usually ones that are like 2 minutes way from my office. But I've also done several raids after work.

I do 4 in the morning (before work)

1 or 2 during lunch time

then up to 5 after i get home (usually i do 1, I like to spend time with the wife after work)

So it's possible that people can do 10 having a normal job.

-MB-

After another 2 failed attempts I officially retired from Zapdos catching. I amd thoroughly fed up with it. It is a waste of passes to try basically. Stickign to Tyranitar-Machamp-Lapras-Snorlax raids.

HardRojo

I'm on vacation right now (classes start next week) so I've been able to do about 8 raids a day, though I don't think I'll be able to do any today, but I'm planning on doing about 15+ tomorrow as we'll be in a van going from raid to raid from 2 pm to 7:30 pm or something. Won't be able to do any on Sunday either as I got family stuff and I think I might try a couple on Monday if I got any leftover passes.

Top Bottom