• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Gold & Pokemon Silver Virtual Console |OT| The Nostalgia Is Crystal Clear

Ok, I'm trying to catch Heracross but I can't figure out what's actually a "low encounter tree" and because it's Pokémon of course there's a mathematical equation that's like figuring out rocket science. Anyone able to crack the code?

Looking at the info about I don't think you can do much with it unless you know where the start coordinates of the map you are headbutting trees on are.
I can tell you how to get your "good indexes" though: take the last digit of your trainer ID and take the 5 values below it, but wrap around when you hit zero to 9.

For example:
If your TID is 45678 then your good indexes are 7,6,5,4 and 3.
If your TID is 00123 then your good indexes are 2,1,0,9 and 8.

Any tree that matches one of those indexes will be a low-encounter tree and the index of a tree can be found by putting the following formula into a calculator:

Code:
index = ( ( X * Y + X + Y ) / 5 ) % 10

Where X is the X position of tree and Y the Y position taken from the top left of the map. The issue is finding out where the top left of the map is. The article I'm looking at also does not say whether the coordinates are in pixels or in tiles, though I would assume it's tile based.

EDIT:

Looks like bulbapedia has the full maps for the areas as they're in the ROM, you could use those to count out the X and Y coordinates of the trees.

Assuming it uses tile coordinates:
Taking this map for example: https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/c5/Johto_Route_30_GSC.png
The most top left tree is at position (2,4). The top left most tiles should have coordinates (0,0).

So its index would be:
Code:
( ( 2 * 4 + 2 + 4 ) / 5 ) % 10 = [B]2[/B]

Areas are routes and things like caves. So going into the Union cave even though it has several floors I can only catch a single thing in that cave, not something on each floor (You'd be able to get waaaay to many Pokemon in that case). It makes it pretty interesting as for the Dark Cave I could have waited until around now and get a higher level Pokemon but I went ahead and got a Geodude earlier there which served me well for a majority of this run but I could have gotten a much better Pokemon there if I had waited and done it much later.

Nuzlockes are extremely fun and provides a level of difficulty that Pokemon games are sorely lacking.
Sounds like I just need to check the map to see if I'm in a new route. Caves should be obvious.

I been taking my time playing Pokemon Silver these past 4 days and I made sure to capture as much as possible and so far the only thing I'm missing is Pineco and Yanma but I caught everything else that's been catchable to me via Grass or Old Rod (Yes I caught that 1% Dunsparce at the Dark Cave) and I'm up to the point where I recently caught Sudowoodo.

I decided that in this playthrough I will stick with either Gen II Pokemon or Pokemon that got a new Evolution in Gen II and so far in my Team I have Croconaw, Zubat, Flaaffy and Gloom.
I got a Dunsparce early because I got a tip when they were common. Too bad they're no good though.
Encounter rates are bizarre though. I thought I was catching everything but I've still never even seen a Ledyba and Pineco, but did catch a Heracross pretty early on.
Beat Pryce this morning. Quilava pretty much solo'd the gym. Also hatched an Eevee yesterday which I hope to evolve pre level 16. I'm okay with either Espeon or Umbreon, though I suspect it will be the latter.
Should I have had an Eevee by now? I'm at Ecruteak, but haven't done the gym yet.

Kyzer

Banned
Looking at the info about I don't think you can do much with it unless you know where the start coordinates of the map you are headbutting trees on are.
I can tell you how to get your "good indexes" though: take the last digit of your trainer ID and take the 5 values below it, but wrap around when you hit zero to 9.

For example:
If your TID is 45678 then your good indexes are 7,6,5,4 and 3.
If your TID is 00123 then your good indexes are 2,1,0,9 and 8.

Any tree that matches one of those indexes will be a low-encounter tree and the index of a tree can be found by putting the following formula into a calculator:

Code:
index = ( ( X * Y + X + Y ) / 5 ) % 10

Where X is the X position of tree and Y the Y position taken from the top left of the map. The issue is finding out where the top left of the map is. The article I'm looking at also does not say whether the coordinates are in pixels or in tiles, though I would assume it's tile based.

EDIT:

Looks like bulbapedia has the full maps for the areas as they're in the ROM, you could use those to count out the X and Y coordinates of the trees.

Assuming it uses tile coordinates:
Taking this map for example: https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/c5/Johto_Route_30_GSC.png
The most top left tree is at position (2,4). The top left most tiles should have coordinates (0,0).

So its index would be:
Code:
( ( 2 * 4 + 2 + 4 ) / 5 ) % 10 = [B]2[/B]

What the fuck

No wonder i never found heracross

khaaan

I bought Gold and it's been such a fan nostalgia trip so far but I'm always feeling in the back of my mind that I should have bought Silver because that's the one I don't own. Fingers crossed for Crystal so I have a reason to double dip I guess :p

Ran the Pokemon box glitch to get all the starters lol, I knew of this glitch since I was a kid but I guess it never crossed my mind to put the steps in the beginning together. For as much as I played the games as a kid, this is the first time I'm hearing there's more to the Ruins of Alph than the initial block puzzle so I'm excited to poke around.

Ok, I'm trying to catch Heracross but I can't figure out what's actually a "low encounter tree" and because it's Pokémon of course there's a mathematical equation that's like figuring out rocket science. Anyone able to crack the code?

What the fuck

No wonder i never found heracross

I banged together a quick little web page that imposes the grid with the headbut tree indexes on a provided image.

I don't have a webserver so you'll have to download the file and run it in your browser: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5ifwlLIiis9S2cwZVZkZXp4aEE

Just enter a map image link into the field(Bulbapedia has the full map files for each town and route as images, for example: https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/c5/Johto_Route_30_GSC.png) and you will see the image with the grid put on top.

Look for the headbutt trees to see which index they have.

I haven't been able to test if its accurate in-game but I'll test when I get home.

EDIT: I'll also update it so you can enter your Trainer ID and have it highlight the low encounter indexes.

EDIT2: You can now enter your TID into the tool and it will highlight the different kinds of tree indexes. The look and feel has also been much improved. I should really test if the indexes are actually correct now though...

I banged together a quick little web page that imposes the grid with the headbut tree indexes on a provided image.

I don't have a webserver so you'll have to download the file and run it in your browser: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5ifwlLIiis9S2cwZVZkZXp4aEE

Just enter a map image link into the field(Bulbapedia has the full map files for each town and route as images, for example: https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/c5/Johto_Route_30_GSC.png) and you will see the image with the grid put on top.

I haven't been able to test if its accurate in-game but I'll test when I get home.

EDIT: I'll also update it so you can enter your Trainer ID and have it highlight the low encounter indexes.
Wow! This is fantastic. I wasn't getting the math behind it at all and was just trying random trees.

Sounds like I just need to check the map to see if I'm in a new route. Caves should be obvious.
Yep, it helps that most routes are self contained and many that are branching generally change the direction your going when you end up on a new one but its easy enough to double check the town map to see where you are to confirm it.

I've been looking further into these Headbutt trees and I've come to the conclusion that the wiki is actually wrong about how the system works, at least for Crystal. I haven't tested Gold and Silver because Crystal is the only that has a disassembly I can use to debug.

Turns out the rare encounters only occur on the trees that have a matching index, so 1 in 10 trees.

EDIT: Fun fact. Because of this a player with a trainer ID that ends in 7 will not have a tree in Azalea Town that gives rare encounters, so they will not be able to get Heracross there.

I've been looking further into these Headbutt trees and I've come to the conclusion that the wiki is actually wrong about how the system works, at least for Crystal. I haven't tested Gold and Silver because Crystal is the only that has a disassembly I can use to debug.

Turns out the rare encounters only occur on the trees that have a matching index, so 1 in 10 trees.

EDIT: Fun fact. Because of this a player with a trainer ID that ends in 7 will not have a tree in Azalea Town that gives rare encounters, so they will not be able to get Heracross there.
They changed the system for Crystal iirc.

Thanks for doing this! I'll see if I can get my numbers to work with your system when I get home tonight.

Sealtest

Finally got to the Johto league, And the MVP was Crobat.

Was 42 going into it forgetting exactly what the levels of the mons were there. He ended up taking out more then half of all the mons and was the one who solo'd Lance's last Dragonite.

Magnus

There's just no way I could bring myself to play the old Pokemon games again, despite how in love I was with RBY and GSC at the time. Even the DS games look and feel super dated to me. It's just tough to swallow, knowing that HG and SS exist already (and are rough themselves compared to the 3DS entries).

But I'm happy for everyone who's jazzed about this release.

They changed the system for Crystal iirc.

Thanks for doing this! I'll see if I can get my numbers to work with your system when I get home tonight.

Looking at Silver my tool predicts the rare trees accurately and they're the same as in Crystal. It would seem like the Wikipedia article is incorrect.

I hope you can get it to work, please let me know if you encounter any bugs!

R0ckman

I been taking my time playing Pokemon Silver these past 4 days and I made sure to capture as much as possible and so far the only thing I'm missing is Pineco and Yanma but I caught everything else that's been catchable to me via Grass or Old Rod (Yes I caught that 1% Dunsparce at the Dark Cave) and I'm up to the point where I recently caught Sudowoodo.

I decided that in this playthrough I will stick with either Gen II Pokemon or Pokemon that got a new Evolution in Gen II and so far in my Team I have Croconaw, Zubat, Flaaffy and Gloom.

Yanma is on Route 35 I think, he has a very low, possibly 1% chance of showing up outside of a swarm, it was this way in both the remakes and this. I was actually lucky and ran into one my first playthrough entering the route back during the initial release of the games. I had to search for him a bit in HG took maybe 20 minutes.

Yanma is on Route 35 I think, he has a very low, possibly 1% chance of showing up outside of a swarm, it was this way in both the remakes and this. I was actually lucky and ran into one my first playthrough entering the route back during the initial release of the games. I had to search for him a bit in HG took maybe 20 minutes.
I remember seeing a single Yanma when I originally played Silver as a kid and I searched the grass in that route for ages hoping to find and catch one but I never did.
Maybe now I will, though!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
There's just no way I could bring myself to play the old Pokemon games again, despite how in love I was with RBY and GSC at the time. Even the DS games look and feel super dated to me. It's just tough to swallow, knowing that HG and SS exist already (and are rough themselves compared to the 3DS entries).

Pokemon games can never become too old for me to play despite their age and it's actually the later games that got me losing interest.

Going back to Silver now I got to say that there's a certain kind of calmness when catching and using Pokemon because I don't have a to worry about Natures or Abilities for once.

Oh I know where he is I just don't know if I want to waste time on a 1% encounter instead of waiting for a Swarm to come by because I was willing to look for that 5% Jigglypuff and that 20% or lower chance for a Poliwag and Goldeen with an Old Rod but a 1% encounter? I don't feel like wasting the time since I didn't actually look for the Dunsparce I just found him as soon as I entered the Dark Cave on accident.

Gen 1 is extremely rough to play now this is true. I struggled with it when it was re-released earlier this year but Gen 2 holds up surprisingly well and as others have said at times having to worry less about certain features (abilities, natures) makes the game feel much more interesting to play.

I honestly miss how quick everything functions in RBY/GSC. Everything in HG/SS felt so slow, which I can sort of confirm, given HG/SS take on average 10 more hours to beat according to hltb. Then the 3DS games all feature massive framedrops and again, everything feels slower. I feel like I'm the only one that didn't like HG/SS.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I honestly miss how quick everything functions in RBY/GSC. Everything in HG/SS felt so slow, which I can sort of confirm, given HG/SS take on average 10 more hours to beat according to hltb. Then the 3DS games all feature massive framedrops and again, everything feels slower. I feel like I'm the only one that didn't like HG/SS.

There's nothing wrong with your opinion I can tell you that I peaked with Gen III and despite almost forcing myself to keep playing Gen V-Gen VII I can tell you that I vividly remember that when I picked up both Diamond and Pearl on Day 1 (along with their giant pen stylus of Palkia and Dialga pre order bonus lol) the VERY first thing I noticed is that EVERYTHING responded so much slower compared to the GBA games and the issue got worse in the 3DS games and hasnt been fixed ever since.

I can swear up and down that Heart Gold and Soul Silver are the best Pokemon remakes that Game Freak has done but honestly? I put in more time in Platinum and Fire Red so not putting Heart Gold and Soul Silver on a pedestal as the gold standard of what a Pokemon should be is OK with me.

Miltank almost gave me the business.
Fortunately I eventually won through the power of bullshittery even with only 4 pokemon all at lvl 17.
Wooper mudslapped it twice, died, then quilava and hoothoot got romanced achieving basically nothing but a leer and peck between them.
Revived Wooper before hoothoot copped it and it basically looked like an unwinnable match.

Good news is my mud slap had saved everyone from rollout, I spammed it further to save me from stomps which seemed to quickly run out of PP across all the encounters.
Slowly chipping away with barely damaging slam attacks and suddenly...MILK DRINK

Shit, I'd forgotten about milk drink, I was pretty much resigned to losing here as my damage output was dismal but then I thought "what if Ice Punch can freeze her?" 9 ice punches later (as well as another batch of milk drinks which she started downing when having taken like 5 hp damage for some reason making me wonder if CPU pokemon have limited PP or something) and she got put on ice and sloooowly Wooper chipped away at the menace.
Sweet underleveled victory.

eefara

Good news is my mud slap had saved everyone from rollout, I spammed it further to save me from stomps which seemed to quickly run out of PP across all the encounters.
Slowly chipping away with barely damaging slam attacks and suddenly...MILK DRINK

Shit, I'd forgotten about milk drink, I was pretty much resigned to losing here as my damage output was dismal but then I thought "what if Ice Punch can freeze her?" 9 ice punches later (as well as another batch of milk drinks which she started downing when having taken like 5 hp damage for some reason making me wonder if CPU pokemon have limited PP or something) and she got put on ice and sloooowly Wooper chipped away at the menace.
Sweet underleveled victory.

Yeah, milk drink got really crazy for me as well; I wonder what the AI was trying to do? I'd hit Miltank once and it'd heal.

There's nothing wrong with your opinion I can tell you that I peaked with Gen III and despite almost forcing myself to keep playing Gen V-Gen VII I can tell you that I vividly remember that when I picked up both Diamond and Pearl on Day 1 (along with their giant pen stylus of Palkia and Dialga pre order bonus lol) the VERY first thing I noticed is that EVERYTHING responded so much slower compared to the GBA games and the issue got worse in the 3DS games and hasnt been fixed ever since.

I can swear up and down that Heart Gold and Soul Silver are the best Pokemon remakes that Game Freak has done but honestly? I put in more time in Platinum and Fire Red so not putting Heart Gold and Soul Silver on a pedestal as the gold standard of what a Pokemon should be is OK with me.

HG/SS has its merits, for sure. It tried a ton of new things for a remake and I personally loved the Pokewalker gimmick, even if I had to shake it because I can't walk. It was just the game itself I didn't enjoy and I honestly stopped playing after the Elite Four. I remember complaining about the remixed music to a friend when she told me that you can actually unlock the original tunes. Never got there, but thought it was a good example of the minor additions HG/SS introduced.

ORAS, however, I only played for a few hours. I LOVE RSE so I figured ORAS would be a slam dunk, but I really didn't like anything about it. Unlike FRLG and HGSS, I felt like it didn't retain the style of the originals and just felt like a quick XY reskin. Competitive play seemed great, but I never got anywhere close to completing the game before SM came out.

MBS

Banned

This.

Xion_Stellar

EDIT2: You can now enter your TID into the tool and it will highlight the different kinds of tree indexes. The look and feel has also been much improved. I should really test if the indexes are actually correct now though...

Wow thanks man I think it works! I tested it out with my Trainer ID in the Ilex Forest and the very first thing that drops from a "Rare" Tree is a Beedrill (which I caught) and when I went to Azalea Town the very first "Rare" Tree dropped Pineco so I think this little web page works as intended.

CazTGG

Team update! (5th Gym beaten, Rockets beaten in Mahogany base)

Spr_2c_160.png
Spr_2c_156.png
Spr_2c_180.png
Spr_2c_153.png
Spr_2c_068.png
Spr_2c_178.png

I can confirm that Machamp is OP for in-game battles when given Rock Slide via a Gen I TM. Right now, i'm working on getting Bayleef and Ampharos to evolve before I hit Blackthorn City so the former can embrace the stall role it was meant to take in Gen II and the latter can tank anything thrown at it (as long as it doesn't have Earthquake).

sgjackson

just rolled up on the final boss with all my dudes at 45 (golem, miltank, ampharos, feraligatr, typhlosion, alakazam)

there pretty much no way i win a fair fight at a 30+ level deficit, so i decided to be clever and steal the speedrunner trick from the thread, using guard spec and x items to set up on pikachu with golem

blastoise lives through stab earthuake from a level 47 golem with 6 attack items with a pixel of health. i still have to grind a bit :(

Paltheos

Alright, I've duped a bunch of master balls, climbed Tin Tower, and planted a save right next to Ho-oh. So begins the long grind for the shiny. ... Although I might put off the heavylifting until hidden abilities are confirmed for SuMo transfer. I already have a shiny Ho-oh from ORAS. No need to do it again if I'm not getting anything new!

Rambaldi

It’s weird. I thought I’d have trouble going back but it’s been easy. Something I’m enjoying is just how “fast” everything is. No cutscenes, quick animations. It’s great.

And I say this as someone who loves stories and flashy magic in gaming. I played some of Moon the other day and it just seemed to take forever to do anything.

Gen2 is also my favorite so there’s that.

Worked like a charm! Thanks mate!

Alright I'm about to go insane.

Does Heracross appear in the two headbuttable trees on Route 33, just east of Slowpoke Well? I've been trying for way too long because I need a third team member and it's getting ridiculous

w00tman

Is it possible to play a version of each generation on the 3DS yet - either via physical or via the virtual console?

Does Heracross appear in the two headbuttable trees on Route 33, just east of Slowpoke Well? I've been trying for way too long because I need a third team member and it's getting ridiculous
Heracross doesn't start appearing until Route 42, near Mahogany Town.

Is it possible to play a version of each generation on the 3DS yet - either via physical or via the virtual console?
Gen I - RBY (VC)
Gen II - GSC (VC)
Gen III - ORAS
Gen IV - DPPt/HGSS
Gen V - BW/B2W2
Gen VI - XY/ORAS
Gen VII - SM/USUM

Yup! The only thing you can't play are the original Gen 3 titles and remakes, RSE and FRLG.

Xion_Stellar

Yes and No like Shadow Knight pointed out in his post on top of the page where you might be able to get a Harecross depends on your Trainer ID. Just use the Web Page tool that Shadow Knight made

Heracross doesn't start appearing until Route 42, near Mahogany Town.
Wrong it's depended on your Trainer ID I just caught Heracross in the 2nd area of the game Route 29 because my Trainer ID allowed me to do so.

If your counting remake games the answer to your question is YES but if your not counting Remake games the answer is NO as the original GBA Gen III games are still not available.

SO what’s the verdict overall? I haven’t revisited this gen since release, but I don’t remember a whole lot other than me feeling the game (Silver in my case) overstayed its welcome, and so I decided I liked the OG gen a lot better. At least that’s how I felt back then; I dunno what’d happen if I were to replay them today.

Good to hear the tool seems to be accurate for everyone.
I'll probably throw it on cheap virtual webserver later today so that it's more easily available and shareable.

EDIT: Maybe I'll also add in a preview of the encounters.

One thing is sure though... I'm using a Heracross whenever I do another play through of these games...

eefara

Nuzlocke Update! Not yet at the Gym but its been 2 days and Sen no Kiseki 3 is about to come out so I figured I'd better update while I can...

Version: Silver
Badges: 7
Pokemon Dead: 9
Pokemon Owned: 50 (This includes evolutions)

Current Party:
Meganium (Stassi) Level 39
Ampharos (Tsuyana) level 40
Raticate (Triss) Level 27
Fearow (Luggins) Level 36
Girafarig (Freed) Level 33
Machoke (Chopper) Level 35

Pokemon in the bank:
Gastley (Wizwick)
Togepi (Eggberta)
Slowpoke (Estra)
Oddish (Zonni)
Eevee (Debbie)
Exeggcute (Jellina)
Koffing (Teddie)
Sudowoodo (Rocktree)
Shuckle (SHUCKIE the gift Pokemon, I'll rename it if I can)
Poliwag (Tassi)
Farfetch'd (Dumass)
Magnemite (Volt)
Krabby (Murky)
Tentacruel (Kist)
Corsola (Korin)
Chinchou (Tater)
Staryu (Sloak)
Natu (Xed)
Electrode (Sploading)
Golbat (Ila) *NEW!*

Pokemon at the Daycare:
Ditto (Copycat)

Fallen Pokemon:
Beedrill (Stabi) Died to Espeon (Confusion)
Zubat (Sreek) Died to Espeon (Confusion)
Pidgeotto (Coco) Died to Machoke (Rock Slide)
Furret (Tren) Died to Poliwrath (Dynamic Punch)
Tentacool (Quotaro) Released due to catching its evolution
Magickarp (Sacrif) Released due to catching its evolution
Kadabra (Vera) Died to Graverler (Selfdestruct)
Graverler (Dudebro) Died to Steelix (Iron Tail)
Paras (Vivina) Died to Piloswine (Icy Wind)
Gyarados (Rashred) Died to Wobbuffet (Mirror Coat)

Progress Report: Well things aren't going horrible but not great either. I battled through Team Rocket in Goldenrod without to much trouble and then I had a few things open to me but since the next gym was coming up I figured I should knock out what I could. So I went to the Whirl islands and the main thing I wanted was a Seel but instead I got Golbat (which sucks because you can't get a Seel anywhere else) I also met up with Lugia and because of the rules I couldn't capture it and killed it instead (I still TRIED to catch it just to transfer to US/UM later on but I ran out of Pokeballs >.>)

Then my luck of catching just died. First I tried to get a Heracross to the east of Mahagony town... Despite it apparently having a 30% chance to show up it didn't, instead I got an Aipom (10% chance >.<) and it was only level 10 so I had no way of damaging it without killing it so I paralyzed it and threw like 15 Great balls at it and it refused to be caught so I just killed it and moved on to the Icy Path... I could have gotten a few things in here that would've been at least okay but the one thing I absolutely DIDN'T want was a fucking Delibird... You can already guess what I ran into, yep Delibird (I literally screamed out in frustration when it showed up) but to make it worse... it freaking ran before I could catch the damn thing!

So made it through the Icy Path and to the Dragon City place thing and knew there were a few Pokemon I could catch in the next route so I headed there and ran into Phanpy (I love Donphan!) which also proceeded to run before I could even throw a single ball at the freaking thing. I was pissed. Then I decided to knock out the rest of the dark cave and found a Wobbuffet... which I completely underestimated. I was 10+ levels slower then Gyarados so I figured I could just kill it in 1 hit... I was wrong and Mirror Coat 1 shot my Gyarados...

So at this point I have nothing really to do besides face this 8th gym... but I am not ready. I lost one of my main members (although I'm leveling Freed right now) and I'm not even going into that Gym until everyone is at least level 37. I don't have an ice type as I was hoping (although I did teach Machoke Ice Punch just to have something) on the plus side I was surprised to find out that the best area to grind is off of Cianwood City where theres a fairly high chance (at least 50%) of fighting a Tentacruel which generates around 600+ exp per kill which isn't that bad even into the later 30's for experience. So going to grind everyone up and then try and take on the 8th gym and hope this Kingdra the leader has doesn't wreck me completely (It has hyper beam, no one I get out of that fight without losing someone!)

Junahu

Fun fact: Percentages for held items in G/S/C are 2% and 23% as opposed to the now standard 5% and 50% (no idea why sites like Serebii list 5% when it wasn't the case until Gen III): https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_wild_held_item_(Generation_II)
Strange. That same site lists Lucky Egg as appearing on 8% of all Chansey (on the item page, and on Chansey's page). This pokemon is already a 1% encounter, I do not want to imagine the torture of getting a Lucky Egg if only 2% of Chansey hold it.

Edit: Speaking of Chansey, breed Present onto it. Due to a bug, it's Chansey/Blissey's best STAB move by a horrific margin

Strange. That same site lists Lucky Egg as appearing on 8% of all Chansey (on the item page, and on Chansey's page). This pokemon is already a 1% encounter, I do not want to imagine the torture of getting a Lucky Egg if only 2% of Chansey hold it.
You can't even abuse repels either because they put a Level 25 Pidgeotto/Noctowl on Route 13/15 and an additional Level 26 Skiploom on 14. They knew exactly how "lucky" they wanted that thing to be.

Top Bottom