• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Firestorm

Andrex said:
I have a couple Moonstones anyways but I could give you a Shiny stone if you need it. :p
I have one in my Pearl and I'm at school now. I'm sure I can find someone with a DS to transfer one over. If I still need one when I get home I'll probably ask around.

Something I discovered today: The Jolteon that the Kimono Girl has does not have anything that affects ground types aside from Last Resort which it uses up before it can hurt you. LV22 Swinub made it struggle to death. Finally beat them. Yeesh.

Scyther is second only to Gyarados in in-game ownage @_@

Blizzard

Banned
Gravijah said:
I haven't, but other people have. I assume he has at least 10000 (8000 if you bring an electric, ground or grass Pokemon) steps?
They regularly get like 20000 steps I think, so yeah. They just get the surfing one instead. Ididn't know about the electric/ground/grass thing...is there a list somewhere that details which types reduce the steps?

Gravijah

Blizzard said:
They regularly get like 20000 steps I think, so yeah. They just get the surfing one instead. Ididn't know about the electric/ground/grass thing...is there a list somewhere that details which types reduce the steps?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Yellow_Forest

In the top right corner there, bottom has all the other routes too. The Fly one is also way rarer than the Surf one, but in the end it just comes down to luck.

JoeFu

Banned
Anybody want to trade a flying pika for a surf one? I have absolutely no luck when it comes to finding surfing pika. I have 3 flying ones though.

Blizzard

Banned
Gravijah said:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Yellow_Forest

In the top right corner there, bottom has all the other routes too. The Fly one is also way rarer than the Surf one, but in the end it just comes down to luck.
Thanks...too bad that site doesn't have the percentages like serebii does. I guess I'll have to combine the two. :p

JoeFu, I'll try to IM you on Steam if my friend wants to give up. They were wanting to nickname their flying pikachu, but maybe you can nickname one for them.

Gravijah

Blizzard said:
Thanks...too bad that site doesn't have the percentages like serebii does. I guess I'll have to combine the two. :p

JoeFu, I'll try to IM you on Steam if my friend wants to give up. They were wanting to nickname their flying pikachu, but maybe you can nickname one for them.

Serebii should list the types too, it's just more annoying to navigate Serebiis website sometimes.

TUSR

Banned
Started to bring my pokewalker to work and realized I didn't choose the Yellow Forest. I'm sitting at 14k steps and I still have 3 hours left in the day.

Does anyone have reference to how many steps/watts for more courses? I know Serebii.net has courses but not how many watts it takes to unlock.

Gravijah

Squire Felix said:
Started to bring my pokewalker to work and realized I didn't choose the Yellow Forest. I'm sitting at 14k steps and I still have 3 hours left in the day.

Does anyone have reference to how many steps/watts for more courses? I know Serebii.net has courses but not how many watts it takes to unlock.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokéwalker#Routes

Pretty sure it says on Serebii too, you just have to dig around.

Gravijah

Metroid Killer said:
Serebii seriously need a new layout as much as Pokemon needs a new engine...

Yeah :/ It's really hard to navigate, I only know how because I've used it for so long. I hate linking people to it though, it's a mess.

Hex

Banned
Anyone have a dusk stone or two that I could grab?
They never show up at the dome for me yet for some reason no matter what day that I look

Hex said:
Anyone have a dusk stone or two that I could grab?
They never show up at the dome for me yet for some reason no matter what day that I look
I can give you some, though I'm at the battle frontier right now(been all day lol), but I'll let you know once I'm ready :)

Ok got Dusk Stones if you need some, 2 for Hex and 1 for JGR, I'll be heading to the union room.

Edit: Ok leaving the room, since you guys haven't check the thread :lol I'm ready anytime though.

Gravijah

Sixfortyfive said:
Deposited money: $999999
Held money: $999999

'Bout time I start spending this stuff, I guess.

I wouldn't be able to battle again without spending some of it, it'd be like wasting money.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Disappointed that there's no personal villa in HGSS. I bought all the furniture for the one in Platinum. Came out to about $2.5 million Pokedollars when all was said and done.

It's not like I've been a penny pincher, either... I have 990+ Pokeballs, dozens of max potions and revives, etc...

Hex

Banned
Metroid Killer said:
Ok got Dusk Stones if you need some, 2 for Hex and 1 for JGR, I'll be heading to the union room.

Edit: Ok leaving the room, since you guys haven't check the thread :lol I'm ready anytime though.

Let me hatch some covet eevee eggs to trade and I will jump in when you are available

Edit: In the room chilling and eating gumbo whenever

Going to the room hex!
Sixfortyfive said:
Disappointed that there's no personal villa in HGSS. I bought all the furniture for the one in Platinum. Came out to about $2.5 million Pokedollars when all was said and done.

It's not like I've been a penny pincher, either... I have 990+ Pokeballs, dozens of max potions and revives, etc...
I'm almost at the limit as well, I guess it happens naturally when you grind the E4 with an amulet.

Hex

Banned
Metroid Killer said:
Going to the room hex!
I'm almost at the limit as well, I guess it happens naturally when you grind the E4 with an amulet.

Thank you very very much, are you sure about those Pokemon?
I have never even seen them before!

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Can someone help me out?

I need to transfer 3 pokes from my Diamond game and then I need someone to transfer those pokes to my Silver.

PM me if you can help. It shouldn't take long.

RyanDG

Well my wife's school is coming to a close and she is now nagging me to help her get her Jirachi and Pikachu-colored Pichu over from Pokemon Diamond. Anyone want to help me with that tonight? I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing trading online other than the fact that I know I need to provide someone with my friend's code from Diamond and then for Soul Silver.

From my understanding the way that this works is I would:

A) Go into my Pokemon Diamond game. Trade the Jirachi and the Pichu from my Diamond game to someone else's Heart Gold/Soul Silver game for two random Pokemon from them.

B) Go into my Soul Silver game. Trade two of my random Pokemon from Soul Silver to the other player for the Jirachi/Pichu.

C) Go back into my Pokemon Diamond game trade the two random Pokemon that we were dealing with back to each other so everyone ends back with what they had to begin with.

Do I got this right?

If so - anyone want to let me be a lab rat and help out bringing these two things over for my wife? I don't really know if she has anything she can really offer other than her gratitude, but if there's something that you really need I will be more than happy to check with her for it if she has any spares. She's not big into breeding in the game or competition, so I wouldn't expect anything too 'elite'. ;P

RyanDG said:
C) Go back into my Pokemon Diamond game trade the two random Pokemon that we were dealing with back to each other so everyone ends back with what they had to begin with.

Do I got this right?
Skip point C, just bring some trash vendor pokemon for the last(2nd trade), and I'll use trash vendor pokemon for the first trade. I can help you out. My FC is 5156 4291 4002
Just need yours then.

thefil

What is with Gligar and Gliscor?

Flying/Earth type, but doesn't naturally learn ANY flying or earth moves. In fact, it's classified as a "FlyScorpion Pokemon", and learns Bug moves. Wouldn't Bug/Flying make much more sense? And give it Wing Attack, at least!

thefil said:
What is with Gligar and Gliscor?

Flying/Earth type, but doesn't naturally learn ANY flying or earth moves. In fact, it's classified as a "FlyScorpion Pokemon", and learns Bug moves. Wouldn't Bug/Flying make much more sense? And give it Wing Attack, at least!
I always get confused when my electric moves wont hit it. In the midst of a brain fart I have eternally categorized it as a Poison/Flying type... It looks like a Zubat/Golbat ripoff as well.

RyanDG

Metroid Killer said:
Skip point C, just bring some trash vendor pokemon for the last(2nd trade), and I'll use trash vendor pokemon for the first trade. I can help you out. My FC is 5156 4291 4002
Just need yours then.

Thanks for the offer of help. For some reason I've broken my Nintendo Wifi Connector right now and can't figure out for the life of me what I've done. My wife is just going to have to wait to get her Jirachi until I can fix it. If I can get it working again - I'll be sure to test it before asking for help. Serves me right. I haven't used the Nintendo dongle thingy for a long time now. :)

Does anyone know how the "pickup" ability works?

I got a teddiursa with that ability before going to work and gave it a few test runs. I managed to get a shiny stone, full restore, dusk stone and a rare candy.

Can you just make an entire team of Teddiursa who will pick up items as long as they are on your team or do they all have to individually battle to pick up items?

Oh, and I tried EV training teddy with the macho/pokerus combo and I saw some pretty nice EV gains so I guess I just need to level up my other pokes before starting the EV training.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Metroid Killer, I'm in need of help for a very similar situation as RyanDG.

If you can spare some time My Diamond FC is: 4812 4057 5177 and my Silver FC: 2708 4324 5017

Gravijah

JosM88 said:
Does anyone know how the "pickup" ability works?

I got a teddiursa with that ability before going to work and gave it a few test runs. I managed to get a shiny stone, full restore, dusk stone and a rare candy.

Can you just make an entire team of Teddiursa who will pick up items as long as they are on your team or do they all have to individually battle to pick up items?

Oh, and I tried EV training teddy with the macho/pokerus combo and I saw some pretty nice EV gains so I guess I just need to level up my other pokes before starting the EV training.

You can have a group of 6 Pokemon with pickup, they don't have to be the lead. I have a bunch of Linoone I use.

Forceatowulf said:
Metroid Killer, I'm in need of help for a very similar situation as RyanDG.

If you can spare some time My Diamond FC is: 4812 4057 5177 and my Silver FC: 2708 4324 5017
Sure. How many pokemon do you have to transfer?

Edit: doesn't really matter. Bringing 6 pokemon with me to the u room.

Top Bottom