• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

survivor

Banned
I just beat the Elite Four yesterday. They were really hard the first time since I wasted all my money on Ultra Balls and so by the time I got to them I only had around 10k which wasn't enough for Revives or Hyper Potions.

Steelix pretty much saved me against Lance. The moment he sent out Aerodactyl, I sent out Steelix, use Curse 5 times and just sweeped his entire time. Was really weird that his CHarizard never used any fire move on Steelix.

Gravijah

survivor said:
I just beat the Elite Four yesterday. They were really hard the first time since I wasted all my money on Ultra Balls and so by the time I got to them I only had around 10k which wasn't enough for Revives or Hyper Potions.

Steelix pretty much saved me against Lance. The moment he sent out Aerodactyl, I sent out Steelix, use Curse 5 times and just sweeped his entire time. Was really weird that his CHarizard never used any fire move on Steelix.

How do you guys spend so much money? I'm OCD about having a shitload of Pokedollars left over so I don't run into situations like that! :D

Shit! In the 3rd battle at Battle Tower in Battle Frontier the opponment pulls out a Shedinja.. and I had no super effective moves on my team... Oh well I'll just let it struggle itself to dead, I even have Iron Defense on my Metagross, shouldn't be that much of a problem... WRONG 6 critical shadow sneak in a row and my team is completely wasted...o_O Oh well at least it wasn't in an important fight.

Kurtofan

Gravijah said:
How do you guys spend so much money? I'm OCD about having a shitload of Pokedollars left over so I don't run into situations like that! :D
Gravijah if you still need a French Pikachu I can give it to you now.

edit: 1204 5959 1975

survivor

Banned
Gravijah said:
Every time I see a new Pokemon in the wild I just have to catch it before I leave the place. So I ended up buying a lot of Ultra Balls. Plus I only realized how useful Amulet Coin was when I was fighting the Elite Four so I missed out on a lot of money.

Bii

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I found out about auto-run about 50 hours into the game. :lol

Well, damn. I just read about this auto-run business and I'm 78 hours into HG already. :lol

Okay, something happened and I can't figure it out at all. I was playing in the Battle Frontier with my Gengar who had a Focus Sash. After I was done, I don't think I had fought any wild Pokemon. But I was moving some Pokemon around in my boxes/party and noticed that my Gengar no longer held the Focus Sash. I checked to see if I accidentally moved it to my Bag or to another Pokemon but to no avail. It seems like it's lost forever and I can't figure out what happened to it. :( By the time I had saw that the item was missing, I had saved already. *sigh* Does anyone know of any possibilities as to what may happen to the item?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
survivor said:
Every time I see a new Pokemon in the wild I just have to catch it before I leave the place. So I ended up buying a lot of Ultra Balls. Plus I only realized how useful Amulet Coin was when I was fighting the Elite Four so I missed out on a lot of money.
I've got over 150 pokes caught so far and have thrown maybe 3 ultra balls the entire game (not including the five or six I threw at Lati@s). Learn how to catch!

upandaway

Metroid Killer said:
Shit! In the 3rd battle at Battle Tower in Battle Frontier the opponment pulls out a Shedinja.. and I had no super effective moves on my team... Oh well I'll just let it struggle itself to dead, I even have Iron Defense on my Metagross, shouldn't be that much of a problem... WRONG 6 critical shadow sneak in a row and my team is completely wasted...o_O Oh well at least it wasn't in an important fight.
I saw a Swords Dance Shedinja when I casually tried the Hall with Metabross a while back.

It's nothing good really in the hall, but fuck, that thing can set up quickly if it pops against a Pokemon with no Super Effective moves. Sandstorm is a godsend in those situations.

I guess it's also good to be super careful when switching in on that thing because then they might figure out from that that you just switched in your only Pokemon who has a Super Effective attack, and squash it. Don't know if the Battle Frontier is that smart though.

thefil

survivor said:

I have this problem, except I also get an urge to USE all the new Pokemon I catch... it's counterproductive.

survivor

Banned
LiQuid! said:
I've got over 150 pokes caught so far and have thrown maybe 3 ultra balls the entire game (not including the five or six I threw at Lati@s). Learn how to catch!
Well that's the thing. I never bothered with Great Balls or regular ones. Just wanted to use Ultra Balls to make my life easier. Though now I have around 80k so I'm wealthy enough to buy whatever I want. Though I will probably blow the money away to get the Kanto Pokemon.

Starmie vs Chansey:

Starmie used Thunderbolt

Chansey used Softboilded...

Starmie used Thunderbolt (come on paralize that f****** chansey!)

Chasey used Sing

Starmie is fast asleep

Chansey used Softboiled

Repeat 10 times...

Zzz Zzz Zzz

I have three female Eeves I don't need. Their IVs are average, but IIRC they have at least one perfect IV. You know what to do.

0045 5148 8653

Edit: If someone has a spare Gible I could really use it. I have an adamant Larvitar with IVs 15/30/17/16/15/31 (I'm not sure what's the order you use, but whenever I write IVs my order is HP/ATT/DEF/SPA/SPD/SPEED) that knows both Dragon Dance and Outrage.

Bii

Minister of the Dog said:
I have three female Eeves I don't need. Their IVs are average, but IIRC they have at least one perfect IV. You know what to do.

0045 5148 8653

Edit: If someone has a spare Gible I could really use it. I have an adamant Larvitar with IVs 15/30/17/16/15/31 (I'm not sure what's the order you use, but whenever I write IVs my order is HP/ATT/DEF/SPA/SPD/SPEED) that knows both Dragon Dance and Outrage.

I'll take one Eevee. I have a spare Gible with Outrage (male/adamant).

Mr.City

ohno.png

Bii said:
I'll take one Eevee. I have a spare Gible with Outrage.

Choose one:

Taken 1 - Above average - Can't be better Sp.Attack - Rash
2 - Decent - Can't be better Sp.Def - Quirky
3 - Above average - Can't be better Def - Careful

Thanks for the Gible. I still have those two female Eeves if anyone else is interested, and the Larvitar from a couple of posts ago.

Bii

Minister of the Dog said:
Choose one:

1 - Above average - Can't be better Sp.Attack - Rash
2 - Decent - Can't be better Sp.Def - Quirky
3 - Above average - Can't be better Def - Careful

I'll take #1. Heading to the trade room now.

Edit: Thanks for the Eevee!

Anyone have a Metang and/or Shelgon? I'd be willing to trade, if I have anything you guys want.

EDIT: Eugh. Just traded for a Croagunk on GTS... they named it "HOOTERS3".... $#@!

cory

Banned
Just made an impulse buy of HeartGold on Amazon. I'd probably get an XL too, but by the time I get back to my summer job and have extra money, we'll already know about the 3DS.

Nayishiki

manofmandango said:
Anyone have a Metang and/or Shelgon? I'd be willing to trade, if I have anything you guys want.

EDIT: Eugh. Just traded for a Croagunk on GTS... they named it "HOOTERS3".... $#@!

I don't have Metang but I have Beldum , I also have Shelgon if you still need them my FC is 3653 2713 6337.

Nayishiki said:
I don't have Metang but I have Beldum , I also have Shelgon if you still need them my FC is 3653 2713 6337.

I'll take them! =D

My FC is 5027 6871 1799.

I need to grab lunch for my wife and I so I'll be back in about 30min. Will you be around?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Gravijah said:
Deposited money: $987693
Held money: $848589

It's taking me longer to hit the cash limit in this game due to Mom, but it's going to happen soon enough.

Blizzard

Banned
Has anyone been seeing flying pikachus in the yellow forest route? My friend apparently has about half a dozen surfing ones (they walk a lot) and hasn't gotten a flying one yet.

Gravijah

Blizzard said:
Has anyone been seeing flying pikachus in the yellow forest route? My friend apparently has about half a dozen surfing ones (they walk a lot) and hasn't gotten a flying one yet.

I haven't, but other people have. I assume he has at least 10000 (8000 if you bring an electric, ground or grass Pokemon) steps?

JSnake

Blu_LED said:
Is it worth teaching Gengar Dream Eater? His current move-set is Hypnosis, Shadow Punch, Shadow Ball and Night Shade.
No, every move in this set is awful except for Shadow Ball. Teach him Focus Blast and Thunderbolt.

Nayishiki

manofmandango said:
What did you breed this with btw?

EDIT: Enjoy the army of pikachus :lol

Toxicroak and Ditto.

Blizzard said:

Yeah I've seen and caught one.

Top Bottom