• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The Adamant one looks fine. High speed + average everything else is good.

Anyway, I noticed that Red has his own victory animation when you lose to him. How many other quest trainers have something like that, not counting stuff like Battle Frontier? I just lost to Clair on purpose and she doesn't have one, so I assume the rest of the gym leaders don't.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
My life feels so empty without anything to do in the Safari Zone...

Sigh, back to breeding for natures and IVs...

Jeels

BTW, if anyone wants this game (Heart Gold), head over to the trade thread or PM me. I'm offering it + either a wiimote or another game in exchange for NSMB Wii.

Gravijah

perfectchaos007 said:
Damn Kanto makes no damn sense. It's just city connected to city connected to city with no routes. why did they cut out the routes in Kanto!?!

Not enough room on the cart in GSC, no idea why they didn't re-add them in HGSS.

Sixfortyfive said:
Actually, most of the routes have been restored to their full length in HGSS. Kanto is just that condensed. In GSC, a lot of routes were truncated or eliminated because of space limitations.

Really? It still feels... smaller. Maybe I'm spoiled by Sinnoh.

Sixfortyfive

perfectchaos007 said:
Damn Kanto makes no damn sense. It's just city connected to city connected to city with no routes. why did they cut out the routes in Kanto!?!
Actually, most of the routes have been restored to their full length in HGSS. Kanto is just that condensed. In GSC, a lot of routes were truncated or eliminated because of space limitations.

Sixfortyfive said:

there's no way dude. like Celedon/saffron/vermillion/and Cerullian are all like 3 steps away from eachother. I know it wasn't like that in R/B/Y

Hey hey, anybody gave a Starly evolution or Riolo evolution they'd be willing to trade to me? I have freshly hatched Totodiles and Evees and a surplus of Kangaskhans I can send your way or potentially hunt up something else in my copy of SS. I'm only 5 badges deep into the game at this point and want to put together my theme team before I proceed.

Sixfortyfive

I have all 16 gym leaders just chilling in the Fighting Dojo.

DragonGirl said:
Hey hey, anybody gave a Starly evolution or Riolo evolution they'd be willing to trade to me? I have freshly hatched Totodiles and Evees and a surplus of Kangaskhans I can send your way or potentially hunt up something else in my copy of SS. I'm only 5 badges deep into the game at this point and want to put together my theme team before I proceed.
I could breed two of them real quick if you want.

Styles

Why is capturing a Lugia with a Timid nature such a drag? :( Will the catch rate be better if my pokemons level is above Lugia's level?

Sixfortyfive said:
I have all 16 gym leaders just chilling in the Fighting Dojo.

I could breed two of them real quick if you want.

That would be great. I don't need anything specific from them since they'll just be breeding fodder. What would you like in return?

Edit: Unintentionally hilarious quote.

vid

Spruchy said:
Lost my pokewalker running a 5k. Whoever saw it fly off must've thought I was a fucking dork.

Randomish question: Were you running this in Orlando? My roommate just cleared a 5k yesterday, and it'd be an amusing coincidence.

Sixfortyfive

DragonGirl said:
That would be great. I don't need anything specific from them since they'll just be breeding fodder. What would you like in return?
I don't really need anything in particular, but two Star Pieces attached to the trade would be nice.

Do you want them hatched (exp boost) or still in the eggs (keeps your ID and allows nicknaming)?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
:)

I have gone through all 10 ranks for all of my gengar's weaknesses in the battle hall.

Now that the dark, ghost, and psychic types are out of the way, I can be at ease.

I think now I'll spread the wins out equally among all the other 14 types.

Sixfortyfive said:
I don't really need anything in particular, but two Star Pieces attached to the trade would be nice.

Do you want them hatched (exp boost) or still in the eggs (keeps your ID and allows nicknaming)?

It doesn't matter, but no need for you run around waiting for them to hatch so I'll take the eggs. Uhh...I only own a single star piece. The only things I have in abundance are berries..except of course for the one berry I actually need, the Oran berry, of which I have none.

I really have very little of value in my bag but, I do have a few Rare Candies and X Whatevers if you fancy any of those.

Harpuia

I'll ask here, I suppose. Is there some way of breeding pokes for a certain Hidden power type (In my case, Ice) without having to breed over and over and over until I get a poke with the ideal Nature/Ivs? :lol

Sixfortyfive

GaimeGuy said:
:)

I have gone through all 10 ranks for all of my gengar's weaknesses in the battle hall.

Now that the dark, ghost, and psychic types are out of the way, I can be at ease.

I think now I'll spread the wins out equally among all the other 14 types.
Argenta can still fuck you up. She isn't bound to the type selection.

Harpuia said:
I'll ask here, I suppose. Is there some way of breeding pokes for a certain Hidden power type (In my case, Ice) without having to breed over and over and over until I get a poke with the ideal Nature/Ivs? :lol
Either learn RNG abuse or give up on Hidden Power. There is no other reliable way.

Sixfortyfive

DragonGirl said:
It doesn't matter, but no need for you run around waiting for them to hatch so I'll take the eggs. Uhh...I only own a single star piece. The only things I have in abundance are berries..except of course for the one berry I actually need, the Oran berry, of which I have none.

I really have very little of value in my bag but, I do have a few Rare Candies and X Whatevers if you fancy any of those.
I'm ready. My FC is 2750-6983-3519.

It doesn't really matter what you have to trade.

Sixfortyfive said:
I'm ready. My FC is 2750-6983-3519.

It doesn't really matter what you have to trade.

Okay, here's my code if you didn't already nab it from earlier in the thread.

4555 2669 4163

Let me just run over to the trade station...

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I plan on picking up Silver within the next month or so and was wondering if the battle speed has improved since Diamond and Pearl.

I've watched some clips but couldn't tell so any first hand details would be great.

Excellent. Thanks! Now to fill my boxes with yet more eggs. I don't do EV training (tried it once, it absolutely sucked all of the joy out of the game and turned me off Pokemon for months) but I do still try to get beneficial natures so my team doesn't totally stink.

Surgeon Rocket said:
I plan on picking up Silver within the next month or so and was wondering if the battle speed has improved since Diamond and Pearl.

I've watched some clips but couldn't tell so any first hand details would be great.
It feels quite a bit faster than when I played Pearl. Then again, I switched to Battle Animations Off and I've not looked back. Battles play out SOOO much faster.

Sixfortyfive

Not sure if this matters to you or not, but if you don't pick Giratina at the Sinjoh Ruins, then you can never use Giratina-O on HGSS. You can't trade the Griseous Orb between games, and the only way you get it in HGSS is by picking Giratina from the Arceus event.

Delio

Sixfortyfive said:
Not sure if this matters to you or not, but if you don't pick Giratina at the Sinjoh Ruins, then you can never use Giratina-O on HGSS. You can't trade the Griseous Orb between games, and the only way you get it in HGSS is by picking Giratina from the Arceus event.

If that was to me. Yeah i knew and i dont really care for Giratina-O so it's all good.

Gravijah

Sixfortyfive said:

Though also remember, you can use the event Arceus, and the Arceus you get from the flute, so this won't be your only chance to get it.

Delio said:
That would be really great if you could. 5156-5494-4856 is the code.

One sec Delio, let me grab my DS and such, I'll edit this post or reply again with my FC in a bit.

Edit: 1419 8897 5769

Edit: In the WiFi room.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Jet Grind Radio! said:
It feels quite a bit faster than when I played Pearl. Then again, I switched to Battle Animations Off and I've not looked back. Battles play out SOOO much faster.
Ah, thanks!
Haven't missed any Pokemon generation so far, but I wasn't patient enough for D/P and decided to take a break or something. Coming back should be fun this time.

I did the same thing. I played Pearl for a while, got up to the sixth, maybe, gym leader and quit. HG has hooked me something fierce. So bad, I've actually been reading the Pokémon manga. :lol

Gravijah

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I did the same thing. I played pearl for a while, got up to the sixth, maybe, gym leader and quit. HG has hooked me something fierce. So bad, I've actually been reading the Pokémon manga. :lol

Man is it good. I need to get back to reading it.

Sixfortyfive

Would anyone here be willing to let me borrow a SoulSilver Groudon for a couple minutes so that I could get the item needed to catch Rayquaza?

Gravijah

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I'm just finishing up the Yellow Arc. I love it so.

I'm really slow when it comes to things I enjoy, mostly because I don't want it to end, so I'm still in the RBY arc. I'll speed up one of these days, but not anytime soon. :D

Top Bottom