• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Izayoi

Banned
Mush said:
I feel like such an idiot now. I thought he'd like proxied the Gamestop server or something. :(
Well for all intents and purposes, that's what he's doing.

The Pokemon is identical, bit for bit, to what you're getting from Gamestop or the Nintendo WFC.

vhfive

fisheyes said:
Not to go too far off topic, but since we're talking about downloading Pokemon over wifi, and I've been meaning to ask for some time - I have a WPA secured router and I don't really want to screw around with the security settings of it too much, so I was going to run a virtual wireless network through my Win7 laptop - only to find that only allows WPA as well. Is there a way to run virtual wireless that runs something my original DS can use, or am I basically shit out of luck?
I pretty sure you're shit out of luck but if you do find a way I would love to know it (I'm in the same situation).

Anth0ny

woot got my Celebi today.

Anyone have a spare Glameow, Chikorita and Cranidos for trade? They're all I need to finish my pokedex. I posted this a few pages back... but then I found someone I thought I could get them from irl. Didn't end up happening.

FC: 1419 9819 9499

I recently just got back into the game. I wanted to see if I could beat the main campaign before W/B comes out. The only problem is the game isn't too great on guiding the player down the path in this version. I have 2 more badges left to collect, the suffari zone just opened up, and I'm kicking it around over there.

Where next?

Did you go to the secret Rocket basement in the town near the Lake of Rage? If so, did you get the badge in that town (Ice-types)? After that head East from there, through Ice Path to Blackthorn.

SR'ed while watching the Oscars for a Jolly Mew and Timid Celebi. They'll do.

Fewr

I just had the most fantastic battle against Red. I liked it a lot.

My team:
Tyranitar
Heracross
Arcanine
Magneton
Froslass
and a lv. 5 Bibarel (rock climb)

All lv.73-75.

What's left before I migrate to B/W?
Kyogre?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Fewr said:
I just had the most fantastic battle against Red. I liked it a lot.

My team:
Tyranitar
Heracross
Arcanine
Magneton
Froslass
and a lv. 5 Bibarel (rock climb)

All lv.73-75.

What's left before I migrate to B/W?
Kyogre?

Legendary birds too, and the Kanto/Hoenn starters.

Fewr

Ah thanks, I'll try to get all that done before sunday.

Don't need birds, my sister passed me her ho-oh, but I'll get mine anyway.

Izayoi

Banned
Fewr said:
Ah thanks, I'll try to get all that done before sunday.

Don't need birds, my sister passed me her ho-oh, but I'll get mine anyway.
Have a friend trade you a Groudon caught in HG and get Rayquaza while you're at it.

I picked up a Girafarig in the Safari Zone and it has become my new favorite pokemon. Even after I loaded it down with two HM moves like Strength and Rock Smash. It has been tearing though wild pokemon and it will quickly catch up to my mains. I am off to catch me a red garados.

Mush

Yeah, I'm not too fussed about my Pokedex, but would anyone happen to have a Chikorita and a Cyndaquil they wouldn't mind giving me? :3 They're the last of the starters that I need.

Nayishiki

Anth0ny said:
woot got my Celebi today.

Anyone have a spare Glameow, Chikorita and Cranidos for trade? They're all I need to finish my pokedex. I posted this a few pages back... but then I found someone I thought I could get them from irl. Didn't end up happening.

FC: 1419 9819 9499

I can help you. My FC is 3653 2713 6337.

Mush said:
Yeah, I'm not too fussed about my Pokedex, but would anyone happen to have a Chikorita and a Cyndaquil they wouldn't mind giving me? :3 They're the last of the starters that I need.

I'll give you Cyndaquil and Chikorita.

Styles

Noooo, I've missed out on that Celebi event that dude hosted. Will there be an event like this for Australia and NZ?

I got a Deoxys instead. >:

Just finished EV-training my Gliscor and Infernape, and now I'm trying to do a bunch of stuff in the Battle Frontier before BW arrive.

The Battle Tower is such a crock of bull, I swear. Fought Palmer's second team, and ended up being absolutely annihilated by his Cresselia, of all things. Scizor's STABbed X-Scissor doing only 30% damage, *grumblegrumble*...

And then it managed to freeze TWO of my Pokemon with Ice Beam. What.

Reich

What is the EV-training ? u____u

Looking for Larvitar, Chikorita and Cyndaquil (lvl1 all of them)!

: 3954 6207 8287

I have Entei (events) to giveaway .. but i ll prefer a trade!

: 2278 9136 9968

PM me if interested !

McNum

I think I need to get some levelups for my party. I'm trying to get through HeartGold before starting on White, but I hit a wall. A Steel Wall named Jasmine, to be exact. I think I'm missing something because my team is mid 20s, and hers is early 30s. Sure, I could just get my Celebi out of storage and bully my way through, but it's no fun.

I probably should have taken the hint when I had to resort to an underleveled Ponyta for the previous Gym's Polywrath. That thing had 9 levels on my poor Ponyta. Then Ponyta pretty much wiped the floor with that Polywrath. Not sure how that worked, but I'm keeping this Ponyta on my team now. Friendship is magic seems to be true in Pokémon, too.

In any case, where do I go for levels 21-30? I tried heading for the Safari Zone, but met a nasty double battle team, I'm sure you know which one that is, so I'm a little stuck now.

ryan-ts

Electivirus said:
Just finished EV-training my Gliscor and Infernape, and now I'm trying to do a bunch of stuff in the Battle Frontier before BW arrive.

The Battle Tower is such a crock of bull, I swear. Fought Palmer's second team, and ended up being absolutely annihilated by his Cresselia, of all things. Scizor's STABbed X-Scissor doing only 30% damage, *grumblegrumble*...

And then it managed to freeze TWO of my Pokemon with Ice Beam. What.

Pokemon battling is 50% luck, never forget that.

Kintaco

I just bought Pokemon Diamond from Gamestop in order to get Celebi, I didn't have my DS at the time however. So I read how to get him, but I don't have a Mystery Gift option, is there something else I need to do? This is my first Pokemon game since Red.

I might throw my match against the elite four just to pick up the new pokemon from gamestop on my way home. I wonder if I should play though the kanto area as well to consider my time in Soul Silver really complete.

btkadams

Kintaco said:
I just bought Pokemon Diamond from Gamestop in order to get Celebi, I didn't have my DS at the time however. So I read how to get him, but I don't have a Mystery Gift option, is there something else I need to do? This is my first Pokemon game since Red.
what you need to do is beat the first gym, then go back to jubilife city and beat the team galactic guys holding up the professor. then you go into the tv building in jubilife city to the 3rd floor. talk to the guy who is standing next to a girl in the bottom. he will interview you and you enter specific words so that mystery gift is unlocked. google search for the words you enter.

it sucks that mystery gift isn't unlocked from the start, but you can get to this point in less than an hour. i did this a few weeks ago when i bought diamond actually.

Kintaco

btkadams said:
what you need to do is beat the first gym, then go back to jubilife city and beat the team galactic guys holding up the professor. then you go into the tv building in jubilife city to the 3rd floor. talk to the guy who is standing next to a girl in the bottom. he will interview you and you enter specific words so that mystery gift is unlocked. google search for the words you enter.

it sucks that mystery gift isn't unlocked from the start, but you can get to this point in less than an hour. i did this a few weeks ago when i bought diamond actually.
Thanks broseph! Luckily I bought the game used so all I had to do was talk to the guy at the TV station! Now build up the energy to get off my ass and go to Gamestop. Ugh. Is this the only way to get Celebi?

risk

fisheyes said:
Not to go too far off topic, but since we're talking about downloading Pokemon over wifi, and I've been meaning to ask for some time - I have a WPA secured router and I don't really want to screw around with the security settings of it too much, so I was going to run a virtual wireless network through my Win7 laptop - only to find that only allows WPA as well. Is there a way to run virtual wireless that runs something my original DS can use, or am I basically shit out of luck?
What I had to do was to install DD-WRT on my router and that supports Virtual SSIDs, where you can use WPA as your main, but use WEP for your DS and other devices that do not support WPA. No problems now

btkadams

Kintaco said:
Thanks broseph! Luckily I bought the game used so all I had to do was talk to the guy at the TV station! Now build up the energy to get off my ass and go to Gamestop. Ugh. Is this the only way to get Celebi?
sorry for the late reply. yes it is the only way to get celebi.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ondore said:
More like 100% once you hit the Frontier. You're going to be screwed by the AI at some point, it's just a question of when.

There's a YouTube vid of three Sheer Colds by the AI in a row.

btkadams

Roto13 said:
Is the Celebi event going on at EB Games in Canada? I was there yesterday and I didn't notice a poster or anything.
yes it is. i've only been to two ebgames locations lately and they were both having it.

btkadams

does anyone have any of these they could trade me pretty pleaase????

i'm trying to complete the original 151 for my pokedex.

• Omanyte
• Chansey
• Fire stone?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
btkadams said:
does anyone have any of these they could trade me pretty pleaase????

i'm trying to complete the original 151 for my pokedex.

• Omanyte
• Chansey
• Fire stone?

Sure can. You'll have to give me an hour though before I'm able to get on.

0560 - 9071 - 3586

risk said:
What I had to do was to install DD-WRT on my router and that supports Virtual SSIDs, where you can use WPA as your main, but use WEP for your DS and other devices that do not support WPA. No problems now
Really? I wanna do that. :<

Ondore said:
More like 100% once you hit the Frontier. You're going to be screwed by the AI at some point, it's just a question of when.
True if you're going on a long streak. Of course, people who do that sort of thing usually know how probability works.

But the RNG isn't nearly as borked as the one in Emerald and the Frontier in that game is much, much worse than the one in the DS games when it comes to bad luck.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
SalsaShark said:
bye thread! we had some good times

I know man. :( I still have so much to do... well I guess I only really have some Pokeathlon trophies, the other four Frontier prints, and the final trainer card star (100 Tower streak.) But those could easily add another 100 hours to my clock's 374...

Goodbye to Generation 4 on the whole, really! Such fantastic memories. Over 685 hours spent during this gen... Onto new pastures, onto Generation 5 and Black/White!

btkadams said:
awesome! see you in an hour from your post then.

1935 3013 9422

Okiedoke, I'm on now. :)

Top Bottom