• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Acrylic7

Kerrby said:
My Pokemanz are:
That fire pokemon - 21
Onix - 17
Geodude - 13
Pidgey - 10
Togepi - 1

I caught a Pidgey to teach it cut but it can't learn cut, I want to cut the moving tree up and catch it.

Where do I go from here? Should I kill Geodude because he's bad?

I cant tell if you are serious or not.
if you are then let me be your friend and say that's the worst thing I have ever read on Gaf. You need to hit the "new game" button.

Eyeh4wk

Kerrby said:
My Pokemanz are:
That fire pokemon - 21
Onix - 17
Geodude - 13
Pidgey - 10
Togepi - 1

I caught a Pidgey to teach it cut but it can't learn cut, I want to cut the moving tree up and catch it.

bVjjc.gif
You can't cut that tree (assuming you're talking about the tree at route 36). You can only catch it after you receive the squirtlebottle at Goldenrod city.

Kerrby

Banned
Acrylic7 said:
I cant tell if you are serious or not.
if you are then let me be your friend and say that's the worst thing I have ever read on Gaf. You need to hit the "new game" button.

Eyeh4wk said:
bVjjc.gif
You can't cut that tree (assuming you're talking about the tree at route 36). You can only catch it after you receive the squirtlebottle at Goldenrod city.

Yeah that's my pokemonz list, I beat the second bug man and captured the farfetches.

Instead of starting a new game, what can I do to improve? I've already put 7 hours into my game training those pokemons. If it makes my list any better I had a bellmouth at one point.

Kerrby said:
My Pokemanz are:
That fire pokemon - 21
Onix - 17
Geodude - 13
Pidgey - 10
Togepi - 1

Yes, there are higher levels of Geodude

Acrylic7

Kerrby said:
Yeah that's my pokemonz list, I beat the second bug man and captured the farfetches.

Instead of starting a new game, what can I do to improve? I've already put 7 hours into my game training those pokemons. If it makes my list any better I had a bellmouth at one point.
Well first off, get rid of the Geodude, Togepi, and Onix. The Quliava and Pidgey will be with you the rest of the game.

I only catch Pokemon that are going to be in my party for the rest of the game. If you have learned Headbutt from the bug forest, Use it to get a Heracross.

Eyeh4wk

Kerrby said:

You should go back to Violet city, specifically to Sprout Tower and catch a Ghastly, also a Mareep or a Wooper would be good. Try to vary the types of the pokémons you have.

Kerrby

Banned
Okay so how do I get headbutt? I'll get a hetocross.

isn't sheep baaad though? not sure what a whooper is.

What's the best water pokemon I can get? All I see if Magikarps and even I know they're almost one of the worst pokemon you can get.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kerrby said:

What's the best water pokemon I can get? All I see if Magikarps and even I know they're almost one of the worst pokemon you can get.

Magikarp evolve into Gyarados though, which is one of the best ones you can find early on.

Headbutt is a TM, so teach it carefully since you only get one shot. (You can re-purchase it later though.)

Sheep is a good electric type.

Eyeh4wk

IRRC Headbutt is taught by a move tutor in the forest where you get the farfetch.
Wooper is the tadpole in the route below Violet city.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
Indeed he did!woahwoahwoahwoah
Last year's TCG champion was Canadian! Also this year we were apparently going to get a competition but having three divisions wrecked the budget too much :(

lol TCG?

Oh Canada...

Acrylic7

Kerrby said:

There is a man in the Bug forest that will teach Headbutt to any Pokemon as many times as you would like.

Whooper is good, and so is Mareep (sheep). keep in mind that Pokemon evolve. they look cute and can be weak at first, but they will get stronger and learn certain attacks.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
TCG gets $7500 :( All we get for the game is a trip for four to tokyo, new york, or hawaii.

Oh damn. I've been playing the wrong game this whole time.

btkadams

hey guys, i've asked this before in the thread but got no response. does anyone still have their kyogre in a fourth gen pokemon game? i need it to get rayquaza in soul silver. i'd trade it back as soon as i am done (and i would also let you use my groudon to get rayquaza in your game too).

or someone can be super cool and trade me their rayquaza and kyogre to my pokemon black so i can search and request on the gts.

Wiseblade

btkadams said:
hey guys, i've asked this before in the thread but got no response. does anyone still have their kyogre in a fourth gen pokemon game? i need it to get rayquaza in soul silver. i'd trade it back as soon as i am done (and i would also let you use my groudon to get rayquaza in your game too).

or someone can be super cool and trade me their rayquaza and kyogre to my pokemon black so i can search and request on the gts.
I actually have a spare Kyogre and Rayquaza on my Black. Is that ok?

Kerrby

Banned
Kerrby said:
My Pokemanz are:
That fire pokemon - 21
Onix - 17
Geodude - 13
Pidgey - 10
Togepi - 1

Okay been training a bit and got some new pokemons since last time.

Nidorino - 25
Quilava - 25
Pidgeotto - 25
Sudowoodo - 23
Onix - 23
Geodude - 21
Scyther - 18

Up to the 4th Gym with the ghosts but keep getting my arse kicked.

Sudowoodo and Geodude suck, I want a good water pokemon like dragontini.

Any more tips?

Frost_Ace

Kerrby said:
Okay been training a bit and got some new pokemons since last time.

Nidorino - 25
Quilava - 25
Pidgeotto - 25
Sudowoodo - 23
Onix - 23
Geodude - 21
Scyther - 18

Up to the 4th Gym with the ghosts but keep getting my arse kicked.

Sudowoodo and Geodude suck, I want a good water pokemon like dragontini.

Any more tips?
Have you taught pursuit to scyther? It's the only pokemon you have which learn something useful against ghosts :/

if it has the ability technician it will recive a 20 power boost too.

edit: if you feel like grinding sudoowoodo will learn faint attack at lv.25

Kerrby

Banned
Yeah I beat them, too easy.

Any tips for new pokemon now though.

Geodude is basically a back up and Soodoowoodoo is just plain awful and i want to abort its fetus.

Frost_Ace

Kerrby said:
Yeah I beat them, too easy.

Any tips for new pokemon now though.

Geodude is basically a back up and Soodoowoodoo is just plain awful and i want to abort its fetus.
I'd say you need a water pokemon badly, you can wait until the red gyarados or get a poliwag/tentacool

Kerrby

Banned
Okay, been playing and put 32 hours into this game but I still suck LOL.

Fire pokemon - 37
Nidoking - 37
Polisomething - 36
Scyther - 37
bird - 37
Dratini - 23

I'm trying really hard to beat the
5 kimoninio girls but i keep dying
. I'm trying to level up but seeing I've beaten every pokemon trainer all I can do is train on level 23 gravelers and that is getting me nowhere.

How can I get past this shit?

Wichu

Kerrby said:
I'm trying really hard to beat the
5 kimoninio girls but i keep dying
. I'm trying to level up but seeing I've beaten every pokemon trainer all I can do is train on level 23 gravelers and that is getting me nowhere.

How can I get past this shit?
You're allowed to go back and heal in between those battles (if you're not already doing so). Use the right types of Pokémon/moves, and it shouldn't be too difficult...

Kerrby

Banned
Wichu said:
You're allowed to go back and heal in between those battles (if you're not already doing so). Use the right types of Pokémon/moves, and it shouldn't be too difficult...

Nah man, they come one after the other. You can't go back and heal :(.

But I literally can not grind anymore unless I want to battle the same pokemon 20+ times in a row to gain a level.

level 23 gravellers give like 200-300xp, i need like 4000+xp to gain a level and thats basically the highest level pokemon to grind on.

Ondore

Have you fought all the loose trainers on Route 45? Also, Route 47's grass should be accessible and has Miltank/Fearow/Farfetch'd in the 30s. (Just run from Ditto).

Kerrby

Banned
Ondore said:
Have you fought all the loose trainers on Route 45? Also, Route 47's grass should be accessible and has Miltank/Fearow/Farfetch'd in the 30s. (Just run from Ditto).

Ooh thankyou, didn't know about that :D.

Kerrby said:
Yes but no idea how to use it.

well, you need to have the pokemon you want in a box. Then you download it onto the walker from the main menu and stick it in your pocket/ bag and away you go. Seriously helped so much. Also you can catch pokemon on it.

Roto13

I may have asked this before but wishful thinking makes me ask it again.

There's no way to start a new game (and save it) without deleting all of my Pokewalker data and mystery gifts, is there?

Roto13

Urgh. That's so dumb. And I can't get some of those routes back either. But if someone creates a Wish GTS type thing for Mystery Gifts, I'm so there.

Kaper

Nostalgia all up in this bitch right now. I picked up a copy of Soul Silver earlier today, and I'm in the process of leveling up my pokemon. I was skeptic about the DS and lol two screens, but after playing on it I've warmed up to it. What I really like is the control scheme lets me play with one hand which frees the other to browse GAF.

The only way to get the remaining starters I didn't pick is through the GTS, eh?

Gravijah

Kaper said:
Nostalgia all up in this bitch right now. I picked up a copy of Soul Silver earlier today, and I'm in the process of leveling up my pokemon. I was skeptic about the DS and lol two screens, but after playing on it I've warmed up to it. What I really like is the control scheme lets me play with one hand which frees the other to browse GAF.

The only way to get the remaining starters I didn't pick is through the GTS, eh?

or a helpful pokegaffer. not sure if i have the other two starters on my copy of ss though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, I traded absolutely everything to White when it came out. I think I have like three Pokemon in my boxes lol.

So yeah, GTS is your best bet. Just breed a bunch of your starter and offer them up in exchange for the others.

BFA

I still have a complete living dex in my HG, so I can help you out with any pokes you want, just pm me whenever you want one!

Kaper

Here to Stay said:
I still have a complete living dex in my HG, so I can help you out with any pokes you want, just pm me whenever you want one!

Wow, thanks. I'll PM you when I beat Falkner.

Slermy

Should last a while, there's a little plastic tab keeping the batteries from making contact. So until you pull that, there should be no drain on them.

Thanks Andrex!

Gravijah

i don't think the games specifically go on sale that frequently, so it would be better to get them during a buy 2 get 1 sale or buy 1 get one 50% off sale or something.

Top Bottom