• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

I mean, battle tree eventually becomes a toss up, because at a certain point, quick claws, brightpowders, evasion moves, focus sashes on your pokemon's counters and worst of all one hit KOs(FUCK that gen 3 walrein), you're gonna lose, 100% accuracy or not.

Like, at one point, this guy is gonna walk in, slap your pokemon with a fissure, and ruin your streak.

Walrein
Attacks:
Sheer Cold
Fissure
Rest
Sleep Talk
Hold Item:

Lax Incense
I'll have a counter to that with my team if I have a Timid Lucario.

These are my other two Battle Tree Pokemon, by the way:

Alola Ninetales w/ Light Clay
Timid
- Freeze-dry
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Encore (lots of free switch-ins with this)

Porygon-Z w/ Normalium-Z
Timid
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Tri-attack
- Conversion

Izayoi

Banned
Shadow Ball "covers" Flying, but you gotta remember that there's a lot of Normal to go along with it.

Not reliable IMO.

Edit: But I guess Aura Sphere would hit neutral, so a non-issue.

Demoli

Whats the standart build for abulky arcanine for vgc? I know the moveset is Flamethrower/Snarl/Protect/WoW but i can't find the EV destributions.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Whats the standart build for abulky arcanine for vgc? I know the moveset is Flamethrower/Snarl/Protect/WoW but i can't find the EV destributions.
It depends, but I've seen +def/-atk builds with emphasis on HP and Def, and whatever amount of speed required to outspeed trick room Porygons if they're running roar.

No Extreme Speed?
Even offensive arcanines run extreme speed that often on VGC. Need to focus more on utility / survival than a quick pick off.

SuperOrez

I'm getting really discouraged playing championship mode online. So far this season I've gone 7/15 10 of those losses were right in a row. Maybe my synergy is off maybe I need to put some more thought into my team but I just plain suck now.

Demoli

I'm getting really discouraged playing championship mode online. So far this season I've gone 7/15 10 of those losses were right in a row. Maybe my synergy is off maybe I need to put some more thought into my team but I just plain suck now.

Copying a pro team is a good way to start and getting used to the metagame before you craft your own team.

Yeah I'm trying to get into it as well. But it's really a lot of work.
Only played some online matches but not championship mode. So far I've only won once lol

Red

Just hatched a shiny naughty inner focus abra, if anyone wants one. No idea on the IVs. Probably terrible. This thing is useless to me.

It just occurred to me that to have a good Timid Lucario with HP Rock, I'll need to hyper train it.

Ugh... leveling is gonna be such a hassle.

woopWOOP

So did people figure out how much the damage is reduced for 'hit everything/hit all foes' moves in Battle Royal?

Also I've always wondered about Stockpile: if the opponent uses something like Haze then the defense and special defense boosts disappear, right? What happens if you spit out the stockpile at that point, does the defense and special defense go into the negative?

Africanus

Hey everyone.

Does anyone have any decent Drampa breeding rejects?
Preferably with Berserk and a modest nature.

I have a 5 iv abra (no attack) to offer.

It took me so long to breed a HP Rock Riolu that I encountered a shiny one first lol.

I'm not sure if that means my luck is good or bad. That said, it's the first shiny I've ever gotten, so that's neat. Too bad it's not competitively viable.

Fortunately, I finally bred one with HP Rock, and it has Inner Focus so that I won't need to waste an Ability Capsule on it.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
What's the post game like for this game? Is that Battle Royal something worth investing time in?

I'm talking single player.

I know it's minor, but why the heck did they make it so that you can no longer push the B button to opt out of learning a new attack? No matter how much I play, my muscle memory always goes for the B button first and it annoys the hell out of me. It seems like such an odd change to make too after it's been that way for so many games.

Izayoi

Banned
What's the post game like for this game? Is that Battle Royal something worth investing time in?

Battle Royale is shit, honestly.

It's all about the Tree if you're talking single player, but I've given up on it.

I just play online now... Waiting for the bank drop so I can start breeding again.

Finally! After searching for so long, I managed to track down a 5* Team Green! My Festival Plaza is finally complete!

• 5* Team Green
  • 5* Hoenn Tent
  • 5* Kalos Tent
  • 5* Rare Kitchen x2
  • 5* Treasure Hunt x2
I can finally stop worrying about expanding the plaza. I even managed to 5* every single mission, including the elusive "English lesson" mission. Now I can focus on spending FC on clothes and Rare Dinners/Buffets without worry.

Regiruler

If you can't remember what all the natures do (like me), when you check your pokemon stats the name of the + stat is in red and the name of the - stat is in blue

I know what a chunk of them do, I just made a comment offhand because I confused it with another by name.

Wiseblade

I thought naughty increased speed for some reason.

I confused it with naive, probably because both are thrown about for minior.

Fair enough, Naive isn't optimal (Timid is) but it's still very much usable.

Any word on PokéBank update?

RE: PokéBank

When the update drops, you will not miss it. There will be a thread on GAF. The Gen VII trading thread will explode. This thread will explode. Hundreds of Youtube videos will be made. Every Pokémon website will announce it in bright neon colours. Joe will post on Twitter "Maybe people will finally stop nagging me about it".

There is no need to ask, you will be made painfully aware.

Demoli

Holy Shit just got a Shiny Gible while breeding for a second Perfect Jolly.

FUCK its sand veil.

I guess it's my mega chomp?

Smasher89

So, Ive played VGC17 alot and come to the conclusion I need something as a solid counter to maxspeed jolly Kartana and Scarfed tapu lele, anyone knows any good pokemon for that, preferably something bulky?

Demoli

So, Ive played VGC17 alot and come to the conclusion I need something as a solid counter to maxspeed jolly Kartana and Scarfed tapu lele, anyone knows any good pokemon for that, preferably something bulky?

Scarf Magnezone with HP fire for kartana and muk for lele.

If you're adamant about not playing pvp, your best bet is the Battle Tree. Essentially, you have 3 gauntlets to overcome. Singles, doubles, and multi. You have to beat all these on 'normal' mode first (20 straight wins) to unlock the respective 'hard' mode called Supers. Then you have to beat the Super mode 50 straight wins to receive the stamp in your book.

That's basically it as far as battles go. If you played XY/ORAS you'll recognize this as the exact same post game, except no rotations or triples.

My opinion? You should try Battle Tree. But use it as a a stepping stone to actual pvp battles. When I first played XY, I didn't pvp. I was intimidated by it. But playing pvp is so much more rewarding and fun than Battle facilities.

Luke_Wal

So: I'm about to start Moon, but I really want both Popplio AND Rowlet. Depending on which one I decide to start with, would anybody be willing to trade me a baby of the other one? It's just for in game, so IVs and Nature honestly don't matter. I'll only have early game Pokémon, so probably nothing great to offer.

Smasher89

Scarf Magnezone with HP fire for kartana and muk for lele.

Interesting, did some calcs for magnezone that sounds kinda promizing, even though a scarf feels very risky to use, especially since kartana often carries detect and sash.

Did some calcs on Toucannon with hidden power fire and scarf also was kinda interesting though! I do already have 2 normal pokemon on the team, which is why sacred sword is kinda big deal atm against it, and basicly psycic terrain psycic.

EDIT: postgame has ultra beast quest, and basicly battle tower all over again. Lets see what the pokebank update will bring though!

Demoli

Interesting, did some calcs for magnezone that sounds kinda promizing, even though a scarf feels very risky to use, especially since kartana often carries detect and sash.

Did some calcs on Toucannon with hidden power fire and scarf also was kinda interesting though! I do already have 2 normal pokemon on the team, which is why sacred sword is kinda big deal atm against it, and basicly psycic terrain psycic.

EDIT: postgame has ultra beast quest, and basicly battle tower all over again. Lets see what the pokebank update will bring though!

Magnezone is the prime Kartana killer in any situation since magnet pull makes damn sure that kartana isn't going anywhere. If it's a sash a weak priority move can kill her, and if you don't have one its not that hard to outspeed.

alvmew

So: I'm about to start Moon, but I really want both Popplio AND Rowlet. Depending on which one I decide to start with, would anybody be willing to trade me a baby of the other one? It's just for in game, so IVs and Nature honestly don't matter. I'll only have early game Pokémon, so probably nothing great to offer.

Sure, I can help. Just PM me when you are ready to trade and with what you need.

Top Bottom