• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Discovery: All of my Gen 1 guys have their hidden abilities. Some have natures, most of them are Hardy. Also looks like the earlier thing was true, all of them have at least 3 max IVs.

Apparently Mew can't be transferred up unless it was obtained from the event? I've never used Bank so I'm not sure if that was always the case for mythicals.

I suppose making the UI in Bank even slightly less awful was out of the question, haha.

I do like how the Bank Dex lets you see entries from all the games the Pokemon is in, but it's a shame we don't get new entries for the non-Alola region Pokemon.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Apparently Mew can't be transferred up unless it was obtained from the event? I've never used Bank so I'm not sure if that was always the case for mythicals.

You mean glitched Mews from RBY? Yeah, I suspected they wouldn't let you transfer those... They generally restrict hacked and glitched Pokemon from being transferred via Bank.

Not surprising but VC Pokemon can be shiny. Also, all of them have their hidden ability (RIP No Guard Fissure Machamp).

You mean glitched Mews from RBY? Yeah, I suspected they wouldn't let you transfer those... They generally restrict hacked and glitched Pokemon.

Yeah, I've seen some people saying that they have problems bring Mew up, which I'm assuming is because they used the Mew glitch.

Brigette is asking if I want Pokemiles or Battle Points, are these going to stay in the Bank or in my Moon version?
Edit: Picked Battle Points and she said she sent my 6553 BP as a mystery gift, there aren't move tutors here RIP

ffdgh

RIP to the dream of no guard fissure champ for those who wanted to wreck havok.
KuGsj.gif

I haven't touched this ever since I got the Shiny Charm, but I am interested in checking the game now that old Pokemon are coming back.

I do have some unfinished business anyway, so I'm not even close to done with Sun. I just needed to take a break.

Wiseblade

Man alive, just organising my boxes is taking forever. I'm just glad I built up nearly 2000 BP from the Tree in anticipation of this day.

Well, my nearly year-long plan has finally reached its end. Through a convoluted process involving the Monster Brain, SoundHax, and Yellow on the Virtual Console, my first ever Pokemon is now in the most recent game in the franchise.

MmbxAaF.png

Was it worth it? Honestly no, some of the steps were hair-pullingly annoying, but it's over and that's what's important. At least it got a good nature.

Interestingly enough, this Charizard also shows up as female when viewed in Stadium 2/Gen 2. I wonder if it's coincidence or some of the original data is actually referenced during the transfer.

Kyzer

Banned
Well, my nearly year-long plan has finally reached its end. Through a convoluted process involving the Monster Brain, SoundHax, and Yellow on the Virtual Console, my first ever Pokemon is now in the most recent game in the franchise.

MmbxAaF.png

Was it worth it? Honestly no, some of the steps were hair-pullingly annoying, but it's over and that's what's important. At least it got a good nature.

Interestingly enough, this Charizard also shows up as female when viewed in Stadium 2/Gen 2. I wonder if it's coincidence or some of the original data is actually referenced during the transfer.
so worth it.

ciD_Vain

I was thinking about Mega Beedrill's viability now that the mechanics for Mega Evolution have changed and I believe a set with Fell Stinger would be really fun! Fell Stinger also increased from 30 BP to 50 BP this gen so with Mega Beedrill's Adaptability it has potential to be really threatening. The other Mega stones just need to be released already :(

Ugh. You can boost the SM pokedex count as high as you like but it means moving every Pokemon out of the Bank individually and then saving. This is gonna take awhile...

I am so disgustingly bad at the battle tree it's embarrassing. Going through a bunch of different combos of my Moon Pokemon, and now my OR and Y mon too.

Guys I think I stink.
Oh god. I stink.

Regiruler

MmbxAaF.png

That reminds me, I don't even know where my torterra is.

I am so indifferent because I did so little with bank. I think I still have stuff split between White 2 and Y (I think most of my White was moved over).

MmbxAaF.png

They could be using the Gen II formula for setting the gender from Gen I transfers. It sets it via IVs. It would also allow it to be future proof for if they ever decide to release Gen II

Soooo, Pokemon Bank sent Mewnium Z to my Moon copy when I wanted it to go to Sun. Outside of trading it can I even get it over to Sun now? Not too big of a deal I guess since I don't have a Mew on Sun.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently NPC's can trade z crystals but I can't. Hopefully I can get one for my Sun cause I just deleted my Moon file for a new play through.

MmbxAaF.png

That's amazing. Props to you for putting in the effort to immortalize your very first!

RockmanBN

Does Synchronize even work? I've got a Modest Abra infront for the Tapu Lele battle. Ive already caught the thing 11 times. Isn't the Nature rate with Synchronize 50%?

Rafavert

Regarding bank:

If I connect X, with a full dex, to it and then Moon, will it fill the gaps in Moon or do I need to transfer the missing mons to Moons?

Oswen

I can finally breed a Pursuit A-Muk, good.

Mew Z crystal as bank incentive is nice but I was really hoping for HA starters, I wonder if we'll have to wait for Gen8+ for an Intimidate Incineroar /Long Range Decidueye.

PSFan

The way GF have explained things strongly suggests that the National Dex will only be on Bank.

That really sucks if true. If that really is the case I wonder if that's to prepare us for all the rest of the online stuff in Pokemon being behind a paywall if the Switch rumors are true?

Top Bottom