• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon X/Y Online Battle Exploit - "Battle Analyser"

PK Gaming

Both cheating, move along everyone.
No. That's a disingenuous assertion and you know it.

The fact that both of them are a form of cheating is not in dispute.

The online battle exploit method gives you full access to your opponent's team. EVs, natures, moves, item choices... that alone is pretty ridiculous, but the exploit even tells you your opponents move after they make them.

I shouldn't have to explain why this is a problem.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't even need this program to know what the opponent's team will be like on WiFi.

Everyone uses the same Mega Kanga/Mega Mawile set it seems. :0

EDIT: Ah, didn't know it actually predicted moves. This is straight up Pegasus Millennium Eye shit.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
No. That's a disingenuous assertion and you know it.

The fact that both of them are a form of cheating is not in dispute.

The online battle exploit method gives you full access to your opponent's team. EVs, natures, moves, item choices... that alone is pretty ridiculous, but the exploit even tells you your opponents move after they make it.

I shouldn't have to explain why this is a problem.
Put them on the same plane is all I ask. Cheating to get Pokemon? Might as well cheat to win too.

PK Gaming

Put them on the same plane is all I ask. Cheating to get Pokemon? Might as well cheat to win too.
You... you can't be serious.

They aren't remotely on the same plane. You have a profound misunderstanding of competitive Pokemon if you actually think that.

Regardless, hacking to create a flawless Pokemon is currently impossible. Everyone's been working hard to breed for flawless Pokemon, and it feels like we've had our work undermined by this stupid program.

Gosh I am sick of the Pokemon cheaters. It's absolutely depressing how far they go to ruin the game when they can't just rely on bullshit RNGing and ARs.

backlot

Gosh I am sick of the Pokemon cheaters. It's absolutely depressing how far they go to ruin the game when they can't just rely on bullshit RNGing and ARs.

Anybody playing the game right now already has access to Pokemon as good as an Action Replay could make them. The people using this program aren't doing this to make up for not having good Pokemon.

PK Gaming

But if complete "hacking" of a Pokemon was possible in this generation, this program would be okay?
No.

There is no circumstance where this program remotely acceptable.

zero, nadda, niet, nient, nohl
You can't see my angle, and probably don't want to anyways.I'm sorry you don't think I can read and comprehend English.

You misunderstand, you have no angle. You have no rational claims to back up your argument... you're just not making any sense.

HawthorneKitty

It's funny people are fine with hacking Pokemon to win, claiming that they don't want to put in the time to achieve them. This generation changed the battleground because it is so easy to get "perfect" Pokemon, yet there was still a cry of not having the tools to bypass all the breeding. They just want to win with purely their "skill", much like a game of chess.

People only cry out if it does not benefit them. Instacheck? Hey, I get cheat the system to get shiny Pokemon! Cloning? Hey, I can produce infinite value without any exchange. Battle Analyzer? Hey, I could guarantee wins... but my morals stop here. Battles are off limits, nopenopenope. Those users are the devil. You can battle me with your cheated Pokemon, but you can't cheat during the battle.

ZeroX03

Banned
The difference between this and hacking legal Pokemon is that this gives you an actual advantage in play. It's basically a borderline guaranteed win.

Hacking Pokemon (for Wi-Fi/tournament play) doesn't give you any advantage over the other player, it just expedites the process of raising a perfect Pokemon. With the new breeding mechanics, the difference is even smaller.

Nobody is defending this battle exploit, but to say it's on the same level as hacked Pokemon is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hawthorne, you really have to realize how idiotic you sound right now.

I don't think most people in here are cool with hacking "technically legal" Pokémon, either, but that's much less of a crime than this. Having perfect Pokémon only brings you so far. You still need to have a good strategy and a bit of luck to beat really good players who also have perfect Pokémon (whether through breeding or hacking).

To know everything about the opponent's Pokémon and know what moves they are choosing--that just about guarantees your victory if you know anything about the game. It has the potential to ruin competitive play in a way that hacked Pokémon never could.

You should really try to understand the nuance here. When a whole bunch of people are telling you that you're being dumb and no one is really backing you, it might be a good idea to at least step back and take a look at what you're writing.

So, what happens when two people who use this program fight each other? Do they just wait in a deadlock for the opponent to make a move?

ZeroX03

Banned
People only cry out if it does not benefit them. Instacheck? Hey, I get cheat the system to get shiny Pokemon! Cloning? Hey, I can produce infinite value without any exchange. Battle Analyzer? Hey, I could guarantee wins... but my morals stop here. Battles are off limits, nopenopenope. Those users are the devil. You can battle me with your cheated Pokemon, but you can't cheat during the battle.
ruins game
It has nothing to do with morals. Battle Analyse completely ruins Wi-Fi battles, removing all skill and giving the hacker a guaranteed win. Instacheck, cloning and hacked Pokemon do not.

Firestorm

So battles are sacred, but collecting isn't. Okay.
Anybody is allowed to do whatever they want in their games as long as it doesn't affect other people. I am not sure how you cannot tell the difference between "cheat that makes online battles unusable" vs "cheat that affects the battle in no way whatsoever"

HawthorneKitty

Anybody is allowed to do whatever they want in their games as long as it doesn't affect other people. I am not sure how you cannot tell the difference between "cheat that makes online battles unusable" vs "cheat that affects the battle in no way whatsoever"
But it does affect me. My Pokemon are worthless because people can create something out of nothing. I have to be at the mercy of people that are kind enough to give them away.

Lets not focus on pure IV Pokemon. Lets include Legendaries/ items/ even shiny Pokemon to an extent.

.....you can't even hack items right now (not that this even makes sense, items don't even take time to obtain)
and seeing as people are getting Hidden Power Ice Zapdos right now anyway, I'd say your legendary comment is worthless too

edit: oh look complaining about purely cosmetic shinies, told you it'd still happen Firestorm

Firestorm

But it does affect me. My Pokemon are worthless because people can create something out of nothing. I have to be at the mercy of people that are kind enough to give them away.
Why are your Pokemon worthless? Why are they worth something now? I literally just give my Pokemon away right now and there are no hacks. I received Pokemon for free before and they weren't hacked.

Usobuko

Banned
Erm, how does anyone knows if the other party is using this? When they second guess every of your predictions flawlessly?

HawthorneKitty

.....you can't even hack items right now (not that this even makes sense, items don't even take time to obtain)
and seeing as people are getting Hidden Power Ice Zapdos right now anyway, I'd say your legendary comment is worthless too

edit: oh look complaining about purely cosmetic shinies, told you it'd still happen Firestorm
Go get me some megastones/other limited items.

Exactly why I have no problem cloning. I feel that Pokemon shouldn't be valuable. For now I'll just be doing stones, though. There seems to be a real demand. I have no qualms satisfying that demand. Raaaaaaaaaage, because I really don't care. :/

Every mon I use is legit, however.

colinp

Banned
I agree with HawthorneKitty but alas I don't have time to argue.

It's fun watching you guys justify yourselves though.

PK Gaming

Justify what?

None of us are advocating using hacking Pokemon.

We're calling Hawthorne out on his claim that hacking a Pokemon is equivalent to using a program that grants you access to your opponents teams and moves in advance. They're not even in the same realm of magnitude.

It's a silly claim.

nice drive by post
whatever though
image.php

(nice avy btw backlot)

Firestorm

I've never used a hacked Pokemon in an online battle. I'm just not insecure enough to say they make an effect on battles. I've never seen a community so desperate to find ways to blame external factors on losses. Pokemon really is something special.

I've never used a hacked Pokemon in an online battle. I'm just not insecure enough to say they make an effect on battles. I've never seen a community so desperate to find ways to blame external factors on losses. Pokemon really is something special.

someone clearly has never played a single CoD game online
(although for 1v1 games I'd agree)

Top Bottom