• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

macklelol

For the new page:
I'm feeling a bit generous, so I'm gonna be giving away some Pokemon!

I've got 10 Calm Natural Cure Chansey with Seismic Toss and Aromatherapy to give away, all with at least 2 perfect IVs in HP/Def/SpAtk/SpDef.

Also still got a few Jolly Inflitrator Zubats with Brave Bird and Defog, although I have no clue what their IVs are.

Just send me a PM if you want one.

For posterity, here is the list of shame from the previous OT:

sbDkNio.jpg

I was so close to #2...

Teknoman

Bah 44 chain. But maybe I had to talk to the fishing hut guy first? He told me about the whole "chaining leads to rare pokemon" thing...so I guess thats an activation flag?

Or just letting you know that you should try to chain as much as possible?

Busaiku

Bah 44 chain. But maybe I had to talk to the fishing hut guy first? He told me about the whole "chaining leads to rare pokemon" thing...so I guess thats an activation flag?

Or just letting you know that you should try to chain as much as possible?

Chaining doesn't guarantee you a Shiny.
Just lowers your chances to like 1/200.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
OT3 yeay :)

this game is bigger than GTA V confirmed

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
WAIT!!!

Pyrour can breed with Furfrou or Growlithe!

Got a decent one of those? :eek:

Or does MMing need Pokemon to be the same breed?
It'll still work as long as they are from different regions. Not sure how egg-rate output would be though.

Teknoman

So the partner battle tournament is coming up (or has it already started?), when will the first solo battle tournament be held?

It'll still work as long as they are from different regions. Not sure how egg-rate output would be though.

Yeeeeaaah, I think it's fastest with Pokemon of the same breed from different players. NVM :/

Just spent like 15 mins trying to trade male Pyrours with a Mexican player ... how are random trades supposed to work if you can't talk to the other person? I kept flashing Pyrour and I even had it in my shout out but he didn't get it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Dunno if you guys care too much, but me and a smogoner named Jibaku had a bunch of Metronome battles, and some of them have signature moves in them! Also a lot of them have pretty weird and funny situations. btw, Seed Flare and Judgment have REALLY badass animations. Aeroblast and Sacred Fire were actually underwhelming though.

Singles Metronome Battle 1: FADW-WWWW-WWWX-RQH2

Singles Metronome Battle 2: 2DAW-WWWW-WWWX-RQYT

Triples Metronome Battle 1: DWUW-WWWW-WWWX-RQJT

Triples Metronome Battle 2: A2TG-WWWW-WWWX-RQKZ

Triples Metronome Battle 3: LCCW-WWWW-WWWX-RQLU

Triples Metronome Battle 4: N4UG-WWWW-WWW2-4K8P

Triples Metronome Battle 5: GYG4-WWWW-WWW2-4K89

Rotations Metronome Battle 1: L43W-WWWW-WWWX-RQMS

Fun stuff :) I don't think I've done one of those since the netbattle days :p

FSLink

Banned
So the partner battle tournament is coming up (or has it already started?), when will the first solo battle tournament be held?

Speaking of which, anybody have a 3DS capture card here? Would be cool if we can get those matches on YouTube. :p

..I would totally get one but the 3DS account system (or lack thereof) makes it kind of difficult. :/

Aytrial

Putting this offer out there again:

Looking for someone to exchange my 4 IV Ditto (?/?/31/31/31/31) with for another 4 IV Ditto (preferably similar IVs) so that breeding can be sped up.

Ah haha. Apparently it's possible for the father to be the one to pass all the possible 5 IVs. Now I have a Timid Male Zoroark. Still no Marill...

Yeeeeaaah, I think it's fastest with Pokemon of the same breed from different players. NVM :/

Just spent like 15 mins trying to trade male Pyrours with a Mexican player ... how are random trades supposed to work if you can't talk to the other person? I kept flashing Pyrour and I even had it in my shout out but he didn't get it.

Oh WOOOOW .... forgot that I put one of my Male Pyrour up for trading with a message asking for a Non-American Pyrour.

Got a Japanese Outstanding Pyrour! :eek:

The system worked this time!

EDIT- And it's got Moxie!!!

HP/ S-ATK/ Speed! :D

chronosic

It sucks they got rid of the emoticon system for trading that was present in black and white. It made random trades like that so much easier to communicate.

chronosic

Woo, just traded my shiny adamant clawitzer for a Yveltal. It only took me 71 chains for the clawitzer, and his nature was bad. Good trade!

Quest1

Favorite Gen 6 Pkmn:
Heliolisk

Favorite Mega:
Mega Blaziken (what? He's cool looking and a monster competitively. And I hate regular blazikens design.)

Best Gen VI Pokemon is Pangoro easily. Bear power, raw power. Unadulterated oso powah.

Don't have a favorite Mega since I never use them.

macklelol

Favorite Gen 6: Zygarde

Favorite Mega Evo: Tyranitar or Mawile. Not really a fan of most of the mega evolutions though.

Markun

Favorite Gen VI Pokemon
Hawlucha

Favorite Mega Pokemon
Mega Ampharos

Ampharos's hair is too fabulous for me to not like it.

TWILT

Banned
Favorite Gen 6: Greninja for being the most badass water starter since Blastoise. Sylveon, Aegislash and the Goomy family come really close.

Favorite Mega: Think it might have to be Mega Lucario. It feels damn satisfying to see him destroy everything with Close Combat. Scizor and Charizard X comes close though.

I'm having some trouble coming up with the right EV spread for Sylveon. I'm definitely going to go with 252 HP, but I'm not sure about the rest. It has a Def boosting Nature, but low Def IVs. Should I put the full 252 to make it more balanced? Or should I just make it a Special wall?

Neiteio

I received a Tyrunt today with Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, and Poison Fang. I kind of want to raise a Tyrantrum that carries these four moves and wears Assault Vest.

I just think it'd be fun to be a Rock-type/Dragon-type who doesn't carry the expected Earthquake, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, etc. If you could predict switch-ins, you could hit incoming Water-types with Thunder Fang, for example, or smite a Flying-type swapped in to avoid Earthquake with Ice Fang, instead. Strong Jaw powers up all biting moves, as well -- by 50%, according to Smogon, but who knows how accurate that is.

I just really love Tyrantrum. I don't know if I'd work him into my team proper, but I'm definitely feeling the itch to raise another one, this time with proper IVs.

hemtae

I really like Noivern and mega Lucario. It saddens me that I probably won't be using them on my team.

Top Bottom