• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Favorite Gen VI Pokémon: Hm... I actually really love Bergmite. Zygarde is probably my favorite though. It looks like a technologically advanced Aztek/Mayan serpent! All of my yes.

Favorite Mega Evolution: Mega Aggron. This think looks like a freaking tank, and plays even better.

NEO0MJ

Favorite Gen VI Dragalge.

dragalge_by_pengosolvent-d6ptziw.png

I feel like it's a better take on the sea dragon design first used by Kingdra. So darn creepy, too.

Favorite Mega Absol.

It just looks so pretty <3
I would use it for my team too if I didn't also like Pinsir a lot. And finally giving that pokemon a chance to shine meant I had to play with it.

Firestorm

So the partner battle tournament is coming up (or has it already started?), when will the first solo battle tournament be held?
I will likely hold a tournament starting mid to late December using the Standard ruleset once it is announced by The Pokemon Company. It'll be Doubles, Bring 6 and Pick 4 with Species and Items Clause. The only thing we still need to hear on is if all Pokemon minus the Battle Maison banlist Pokemon will be allowed or if only Pokemon in the Kalos Pokedex will be allowed.

This will give people good practice for Regional tournaments in 2014 or the official WiFi tournaments!

Firestorm

Speaking of which, anybody have a 3DS capture card here? Would be cool if we can get those matches on YouTube. :p\
Unfortunately the two sources I know of are completely swamped... A few friends and I were trying to get it. It's fairly expensive too =/

And if we're really doing this:
Favourite Gen VI Pokemon: Pancham
Favourite Mega: Charizard Y

I will likely hold a tournament starting mid to late December using the Standard ruleset once it is announced by The Pokemon Company. It'll be Doubles, Bring 6 and Pick 4 with Species and Items Clause. The only thing we still need to hear on is if all Pokemon minus the Battle Maison banlist Pokemon will be allowed or if only Pokemon in the Kalos Pokedex will be allowed.

This will give people good practice for Regional tournaments in 2014 or the official WiFi tournaments!
Wait, is that a thing? I wasn't aware the the tournaments ever had rules about excluding Pokémon of other regions. I haven't kept up with tournaments before, so I'm genuinely curious here.

FSLink

Banned
Wait, is that a thing? I wasn't aware the the tournaments ever had rules about excluding Pokémon of other regions. I haven't kept up with tournaments before, so I'm genuinely curious here.

They did for Unova Dex only early on for Gen 5 iirc, that's about it.

Favorite Gen VI Pokémon: Braxien ... or Tyrantrum. Haven't played with him yet but I NEEDS shiny Tyrantrum.

Favorite Mega Evolution: Mega Mawile

FSLink

Banned
Favorite Gen 6 Pokémon: Hard to say, but I really like the Goomy line.

Favorite Mega Evolution: Mega Gengar for sure, a cool hybrid of Haunter and Gengar, with that Mean Look eye in the middle of it? Really cool "gameplay meets design" type thing they have going on. Plus the shiny version just looks badass, and it's crazy powerful!

Best Gen VI Pokemon: Goodra or Dragalge
Best Mega: Alakazam hands down.

It's amazing how many 4-31 pokemon I can get from 5/4 parents

Neiteio

Favorite Gen VI Pokémon: CARBINK!! Gem-encrusted and fur-collared, he's everyone's favorite adorable fortress, and the best utility belt your team could have. He's carried my team through many battles against tough Japanese players on Battle Spot, and it's clear to me GameFreak intended for him a very particular niche at which he's masterful, tanking heavy hits to set up screens, Stealth Rock, Trick Room, weather and more. He shrugs off Brave Bird like it's nobody's business, taking less than 30 damage from even the strongest, item-boosted Talonflame, making him an ideal switch into the bird -- and with Stealth Rock and Power Gem, the bird would be wise NOT to switch into him. Ditto for Volcarona, and even Charizard. But Carbink isn't about fighting; he's about being durable, helping your team endure, and looking adorable all the while.

My second favorite Gen VI Pokémon would be Tyrantrum. Depending on my mood, he's sometimes my favorite Gen VI Pokémon and favorite Pokémon, period. :)

Carbink-X-and-Y.jpg
Tyrantrum-X-and-Y.jpg

Favorite Mega Pokémon: Mega Blaziken. I never particularly cared for standard Blaziken, but the sheer intensity of his Mega form is irresistible.

Check out my current wallpaper:

w-pkmnxy-megablazikenl9awl.png

Firestorm

It was something that happened in 2011 and apparently something they might implement for January to August 2014 =/ It would be less restrictive than 2011 as there are like 450 Pokemon in the Kalosdex but I'd still personally be disappointed (I know others are happy because they shortsightedly don't want to play against Thundurus and Cresselia and the like).

FSLink

Banned
It was something that happened in 2011 and apparently something they might implement for January to August 2014 =/ It would be less restrictive than 2011 as there are like 450 Pokemon in the Kalosdex but I'd still personally be disappointed (I know others are happy because they shortsightedly don't want to play against Thundurus and Cresselia and the like).

Yeah it'd be kind of a silly rule, though at least it'd be less silly than just new Kalos Pokemon...Talonflames and Greninja everywhere.

Favorite Gen VI Pokémon: It's a tie between Hawlucha and Aromatisse.
YLnlrCd.png

Favorite Mega Pokémon: I still haven't seen all the Megas yet, but Ampharos so far.

ramyeon

Testing out Carbink on Battle Spot.

Two battles so far. Both rage quit within the first two turns, and they were Japanese players too... hmmm...

ramyeon

Holy shit Rhyperior is crazy. His defences are amazing, a super effective Earthquake only hits for a tiny fraction of his health, and every single one I've faced uses Weakness Policy. So you either try to wittle away at it with neutral moves or you're screwed unless you OHKO or 2HKO him.

qq more

Can you rebattle trainers?

No VS Seeker again :(

There's that battle castle place thingy at the route with the day care (you even sometimes rebattle a gym leader!). There's also the 3-star and 5-star cafes where you fight tough trainers.

Tenck

Breeding some Chanseys for some friends of mine and I just got a batch of "decent" Chanseys (best one was a Def and SpDef one). Maybe this is a sign I should call it quits for the night.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Holy shit Rhyperior is crazy. His defences are amazing, a super effective Earthquake only hits for a tiny fraction of his health, and every single one I've faced uses Weakness Policy. So you either try to wittle away at it with neutral moves or you're screwed unless you OHKO or 2HKO him.
It's ugly though.

qq more

VS Seeker was da best, it made grinding felt much less monotonous at times. I can deal with the #-star restaurants but it gets really repetitive fighting the same people over and over. The battle castle place is too slow for my liking.

I hope they bring it back for the Gen 3 remakes or whatever is next.

FSLink

Banned
VS Seeker was da best, it made grinding felt much less monotonous at times. I can deal with the #-star restaurants but it gets really repetitive fighting the same people over and over. The battle castle place is too slow for my liking.

I hope they bring it back for the Gen 3 remakes or whatever is next.

Just don't bring back the stupid phone Gamefreak. Ugh.

Macka

Favorite Gen VI Pokemon
Pangoro + Noivern

Favorite Mega Pokemon
Mega Tyranitar

Favorite Gen VI Legendary
Yveltal

Kangi

A lot of people keep thinking Fairies are just magic Dragon-killers, so they can switch right in on my Haxorus. YOU get a Poison Jab, YOU get a Poison Jab, and YOU get a Poison Jab!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Does anyone know where to find Poliwag hordes at the pokemon village? i can't for the life of me find any.
They are uncommon; just keep sweet scenting away and you'll find them sooner or later. If you see a Lombre horde, they are even rarer.

Firestorm

Does Sucker Punch fail against priority moves?
Depends. Sucker Punch has +1 priority. If their priority move is +1 as well (Aqua Jet, Bullet Punch, Shadow Sneak) then it will only fail if you are slower. If you are faster, you'll hit them.

If their priority move is +2 or higher (Extreme Speed, Fake Out), then your Sucker Punch will fail.

vall03

Depends. Sucker Punch has +1 priority. If their priority move is +1 as well (Aqua Jet, Bullet Punch, Shadow Sneak) then it will only fail if you are slower. If you are faster, you'll hit them.

If their priority move is +2 or higher (Extreme Speed, Fake Out), then your Sucker Punch will fail.

Didn't know that, and here I thought Battle Maison cheated on me again.

Top Bottom