• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Favorite Gen VI Pokemon
Zygarde

Favorite Mega Pokemon
Mega Mawile

Gogogo!

Favorite Gen VI Pokemon

250px-701Hawlucha_Dream.png

Favorite Mega-evolution

vareon

My favorites are pretty common so far.

Fav Gen VI: Between Hawlucha and Greninja.
I'm a sucker for scarves. Greninja has a scarf.

As for Mega, I had a tough choice in Gardevoir Bride Form or Alakazam's Sage Mode. Bride Form wins for its goth bride shiny.

Caladrius

Favorite new pogeyman

Tie between Greninja, Xerneas, Zygarde and Aegislash

Favorite Mega

Tie between Mega Mawile, Mega Alakazam, Mega Blaziken and Mega Scizor

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How come my Roselia didn't get Extrasensory from his Shiftry daddy?

Is it because Shiftry doesn't lean it, Nuzleaf does? That sucks.

Watch Da Birdie

When breeding the Pokemon has to actually have the move you want to pass on in its currrent four moves.

It does, I waited till Level 48, got Extrasensory, and then evolved to Shiftry...it has both Leaf Storm and Extrasensory.

Favorite Gen 6 Pokemon is by FAR Goomy

OKCcoeA.gif

Look at that little adorable thing!

Favorite mega? As much as I love using Mega Gengar... I REALLY love the design for Mega Alakazam

Sigmaah

Favorite Gen 6 Pokemon as of now is Greninja.

Favorite Mega as of now is probably mega alakazam or mega aggron.

MicH

My favorite new Pokémon is definitely Greninja. Awesome design and he is so much fun to use with Protean. Zygarde is a close second, I love his design and colors

Favorite mega is Manectric or Aggron. I haven't seen mega Manectric online yet, so I think I wanna build one. Always been a huge fan of Manectric

Watch Da Birdie

Alright, apparently Budew can learn Extrasensory through Egg Move, Roselia cannot, so I guess I need an Incense.

Damn, this is gonna be a pain in the ass to mass breed...I'll have to keep evolving my Budew to use them as breeding mates to get Max IVs.

EDIT: And furthermore, having to use an Incense means I won't be able to use Destiny Knot and Everstone...fuck Extrasensory then, I'll go with Synthesis as its last move.

Haha, that is an awesome OT title. Awesome work.

Favorite Gen VI (Non-Mega): Quilladin. The design is just so awesome. Jeez. I love the Chespin line after not being a fan of any of the previous Grass starters all too much.

8d9267fd40494fbb4d49ff72500bc2b9.png

Many people were turned off by it when it was revealed but I need all Quilladin related products. Toys, plush toys, cell phone cases, rugs, alarm clocks, everything.

Favorite Mega: It's a tie between Mega Lucario and Mega Alakazam. Lucario got dem dreads and Mega Alakazam has a beard that is unfuckwitable in the Pokéworld.

ZenaxPure

I find it hard to pick a favorite new pokemon as far as designs go, there are so many of them I think look awesome. In terms of usefulness, though, I think Greninja is my favorite, protean has got to be the most fun ability they've ever added to the series.

Sign me up on the Mawile train for megas though. Mawile was probably my second favorite gen 3 pokemon, but, he was always useless. Now he's taller, got an extra mouth, a good typing, and gives no fucks.

Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out how to get the Hatching O-Power and I'm not sure what I need to do. According to the list at Serebii, I have all the O-Powers except the hatching one and I spent all night trying to become more stylish. I'm now able to enter the boutique in Lumoise so I figured that would mean I have enough style, but the guy still doesn't show up at Introspection? Cafe. Not really sure what else to do at this point, so any advice would help!

Haha, that is an awesome OT title. Awesome work.

Favorite Gen VI (Non-Mega): Quilladin. The design is just so awesome. Jeez. I love the Chespin line after not being a fan of any of the previous Grass starters all too much.

8d9267fd40494fbb4d49ff72500bc2b9.png

Many people were turned off by it when it was revealed but I need all Quilladin related products. Toys, plush toys, cell phone cases, rugs, alarm clocks, everything.

Fuck yeah, Quilladin. It almost looks like it was designed for easy plush toy manufacture but I still think it looks great. Not a fan of Chesnaught but Chespin and Quilladin are cash money

Tyrunt needs a mention too for not only looking like a little badass but the name is some of the creativest shit I've seen in years.

Mega Mawile is the best looking mega and functionally, it's the biggest improvement on an otherwise shitty Pokemon. Why is there a mega Garchomp/Tyranitar?

Watch Da Birdie

Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out how to get the Hatching O-Power and I'm not sure what I need to do. According to the list at Serebii, I have all the O-Powers except the hatching one and I spent all night trying to become more stylish. I'm now able to enter the boutique in Lumoise so I figured that would mean I have enough style, but the guy still doesn't show up at Introspection? Cafe. Not really sure what else to do at this point, so any advice would help!

Got to the PokeBall Boutique, and buy tons of Balls.

But don't buy in bulk, do it one-at-a-time, so just keep hitting A. About 100 or so should work.

MicH

Eh, I don't get what the fuss is about when breeding Larvitars. Takes one Hatching O-Power lv 3 and al iittle more. Not that hard!

Aytrial

Eh, I don't get what the fuss is about when breeding Larvitars. Takes one Hatching O-Power lv 3 and al iittle more. Not that hard!

Yeah, you people can go complain when you've bred Gibles, Axews and even specifically aimed for 5IV female Eevees.

It still takes two full sets of Hatching Power 3 in order to hatch all five eggs. And when you're breeding for a while, you'll run out of power very quickly.

Yeah, you people can go complain when you've bred Gibles, Axews and even specifically aimed for 5IV female Eevees.
Seriously. Especially if you're going for the Hidden Abilities.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This dumb psychic team I came up with is working way too well. Sure, tyranitar completely destroys it unless I get lucky with gallade, but so far it won me more games than I feel it should.

Breeding Gible didn't take me as long as breeding Larvitar, or at least I didn't remember correctly at least.

I think the most trouble I had as far as breeding goes was for Honedge... But that all was my fault.

Aytrial

Breeding Gible didn't take me as long as breeding Larvitar, or at least I didn't remember correctly at least.

I think the most trouble I had as far as breeding goes was for Honedge... But that all was my fault.

Gible took me a bit longer since I had to first breed in Outrage and then breed in its Nature.

AND THEN BREED IT WITH A DITTO!

You are not allowed to call that trouble. Two shiny Honedge in a very small time frame? >_>

I shouldn't need max IV's in Attack for Carbink, should I?

I JUST got a Carbink with max HP/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spe that also happened to be Sturdy! So if I don't need it to have good attack I think I might start getting ready to train this!

Aytrial

I shouldn't need max IV's in Attack for Carbink, should I?

I JUST got a Carbink with max HP/Def/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spe that also happened to be Sturdy! So if I don't need it to have good attack I think I might start getting ready to train this!

Isn't that basically a perfect Carbink?

Beckx

Managed to get a Sturdy Carbink off the GTS for a Ditto. I hope I never see reflection cave again. I started keeping stats after awhile - very generally, out of every 100 or so horde encounters, about 60-70 are Mime Jr. The remainder are Roggenrola, and only 2-4 of those encounters would ever have a Carbink. Of the 30+ Carbink I encountered while trying to catch one with Sturdy on my own, NONE had Sturdy. The RNG could have been screwing me, but the appearance rate for a Sturdy Carbink seems to be staggeringly low. Glad to be done with it.

I'm breeding some now, once I get some Sturdies I'm happy to trade them - looking for a Protean Froakie, but happy to just pass some on, too.

EDIT: LOL Smedwicks, did not see your posts before writing this.

MicH

I got a surprisingly large amount of female Eevees when I was breeding them. Even got a perfect female Eevee (who's now Flareon). Guess I have decent luck in that regard

It still takes two full sets of Hatching Power 3 in order to hatch all five eggs. And when you're breeding for a while, you'll run out of power very quickly.

Seriously. Especially if you're going for the Hidden Abilities.
That is probably true. It usually takes me so long to check IVs, mark them, find a place for them in my box (seriously gotta clean those up) and I have recharged a good amount.

Also happy to see that Electrike can breed with Eevee. Making it so much easier for me to get that perfect Electrike :D

Gible took me a bit longer since I had to first breed in Outrage and then breed in its Nature.

AND THEN BREED IT WITH A DITTO!
Ah, I just so happened to have a parent with Outrage already. I guess that saved me some time.

I also made a shiny Gible from when I breeded. Not bad for the first Pokémon that I breeded in this gen.

You are not allowed to call that trouble. Two shiny Honedge in a very small time frame? >_>
>_> Ha... I don't know what you're talking about.

Speaking of, I'm very flattered that spin named his perfect one, Ultima!
Haha, yeah. I felt it was fitting for a perfect weapon.
Don't flatter yourself!

Aytrial

Ah, I just so happened to have a parent with Outrage already. I guess that saved me some time.

I also made a shiny Gible from when I breeded. Not bad for the first Pokémon that I breeded in this gen.

I also bred a shiny Gible.

Was quiet surprised since it was non-Masuda method.

I also bred a shiny Gible.

Was quiet surprised since it was non-Masuda method.
Damn, nice. #YellowBelly Gible represent.

Is it too early to pull out the statistics/probability of coming across a shiny through the various methods available? I think we can all come to the conclusion that shinies are more common in this gen than they were in the past gens.

Aytrial

Is it too early to pull out the statistics/probability of coming across a shiny through the various methods available? I think we can all come to the conclusion that shinies are more common in this gen than they were in the past gens.

I also have a shiny Gabite from a Friend Safari.

Wild Encounter: 0.02%
Wild Horde Encounter: 0.12%
Masuda Method: 0.15%

If Shiny Charm exists, and is still 6x for encounters, x8 for MM:

Wild Encounter: 0.15%
Wild Horde Encounter: 0.73%
Masuda Method: 0.20%

Monochrome is the new Shiny in terms of rareness. It helps that monochrome Pokémon look really friggin' cool on every Pokémon (as opposed to the multitude of ugly and/or eye-searing shinies), so their desirability is through the roof.

Top Bottom