• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon GO launches today in 26 more countries (RIP servers)

Chaos17

DONT BE AN IDIOT AND PLAY THE GAME WHILE DRIVING. DON'T GO INTO RESTRICTED AREAS. WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING.

jMBPxhr.png

Source: https://www.facebook.com/PokemonGO/

Lock if old

a40.gif

RIP servers

Iwata gonna make it rain from heaven

tumblr_n73qr8KozY1rhjl85o10_500.gif

Honestly curious, when is Nintendo's next financial report? Gonna be real interesting to see what effect this has for the company's revenue.

Edit: I realise they didn't make the app itself, but it'll obviously have (and has already had) knock on effects.

f@luS

More than a member.
I downloaded it on my us apple account then deleted 5m after but I just checked it's not available in France ? How come ?

woopWOOP

About time!

...I'm probably just gonna look up what monsters roam around the house and workplace and leave it at that, but whoo let's go

Honestly curious, when is Nintendo's next financial report? Gonna be real interesting to see what effect this has for the company's revenue.

Edit: I realise they didn't make the app itself, but it'll obviously have (and has already had) knock on effects.

The first quarter release is on the 27th. Realistically it won't do too much for direct revenue in its infancy, but stockholders already know about the MUCH MORE SUBSTANTIAL market value increase.

anyway it's different from selling the game (or the app) by themselves

If we wanted to get to the root of it. It DID start out as an April Fools joke created between Iwata, Pokemon Co. and Google (when Niantic's team was still part of it).

Neiteio

anyway it's different from selling the game (or the app) by themselves
When the companies that made this app make money, and when the Pokemon brand makes money, Nintendo makes money. A lot of money.

Last I read, the app itself is projected to bring in billions yearly. Even if it died out tomorrow, it still would've made a killing.

Crazy how this has taken off.

Neiteio

So I was probably right; France is purposely left out due to public safety concerns after the Nice attack.
Honestly, might be for the best. Give it a week while they sort out the Nice incident. Their security is already strained without thousands of people milling all over the place looking for Pokemon.

IP is from nintendo lol

IP is from The Pokemon Company (Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures). Not directly Nintendo. Nintendo is a part owner of Niantic (along with others - such a Google). Nintendo are making money because they have different involvement in some many areas.

Apple are making 30% on all IAP sold on iOS. They could probably be making more direct money from this that Nintendo are.

The game is obviously helping the Nintendo brand regain traction in the long run though -- which could be more helpful than anything else.

Huh CANADA!? Hello!?

They basically launched in a lot of European countries due to similar situation all around (and probably feedback from Germany etc. launch not being a major problem compared to US). Canada doesn't fit into this at all.

Top Bottom