• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Gold / Silver for DS announced

Teknoman

It means this:

Venustoise_by_moth_eatn.jpg

Back from the grave :lol

Gravijah

Wii Will Rock U said:
As I mentioned earlier, I don't know. All I was told was that it is "in-depth". I have no idea what that means either, I can only speculate like we've been doing.

Does your friend know you're posting this stuff? If so, I don't think you're going to hear anything from him ever again, like that Mother 4 info he was itching to tell you.

Masked Man

I said wow
Gravijah said:
Does your friend know you're posting this stuff? If so, I don't think you're going to hear anything from him ever again, like that Mother 4 info he was itching to tell you.

1) Itoi said it won't happen.
2) NoA hates MOTHER, so they would be the ones least likely to make mention of anything involving the series. :lol

Jesus fucking christ. Now it'll take me a whole year as opposed to a month to get a pokemon with perfect IVs, ability and nature. Now I have worry about getting the perfect Pikachu that looks like Richie's Pikachu AND perfect IV and nature and ability..

>_< I'm such a whore for this shit.

Zilch

Banned
I wouldn't mind at all if for the next generation of Pokemon games they didn't design any new monsters but instead made a bunch of forms/strains/variations for each existing specie, many of which could only be achieved through meticulous breeding.

kman3000

Ookami-kun said:
I have a feeling pokemon following you will only be up to the point before you get legit pokeballs.
It's probably just at the beginning. When Prof. Elm lends you a Pokemon to protect you while you run his errand.

Teknoman

Banana Kid said:
VENUSTOISE YES

Will breeding Marill and Pikachu make a Pikablu?

I remember back when art for Marril, elekid, and others first showed up. :lol my friend was convinced that elekid was just an exeggcute photoshopped.

Also Pikaflare and the rest of the "Pokegods" before Gamefreak even thought of Arceus and the rest :lol

i read on zekes super cool pokemon cheet site dot geocities dot com that if you catch three pikachus and all three legendary birds and then fight the elite four 20 times, go to the cerulean cave and walk in a circle around where mewtwo was

you can go to bills house and he'll turn one of your pikachus into a pikablu and then he'll let you into his secret garden where you can catch togepi and the pokegods

EmCeeGramr said:
i read on zekes super cool pokemon cheet site dot geocities dot com that if you catch three pikachus and all three legendary birds and then fight the elite four 20 times, go to the cerulean cave and walk in a circle around where mewtwo was

you can go to bills house and he'll turn one of your pikachus into a pikablu and then he'll let you into his secret garden where you can catch togepi and the pokegods
i heard if you use a mist stone on charizard it evolves into charcolt

Skittleguy

Ring a Bell for me
EmCeeGramr said:

Hah, Pikablu...the nerdy memories are flooding back...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Zilch said:
I wouldn't mind at all if for the next generation of Pokemon games they didn't design any new monsters but instead made a bunch of forms/strains/variations for each existing specie, many of which could only be achieved through meticulous breeding.

That's actually what I'm hoping they do as well. I suppose there are 7/8 spots left before they hit 500/501, but seriously, that's about the max I want.

i wish they let you go back to all the regions in the next iteration. like you can choose your hometown, and travel to different regions, earn all the badges and stuff and become like the supreme pokemon master amongst all the towns.

but then theyd have to let you level past 100.

i can only dream.

OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!

I THINK IM IN POKEMON OVER LOAD!

YOUR EFFING STARTER CAN FOLLOW YOU!?!?!? Notched-Ear Pichu is a in game feature (I guess the Pikachu with the one floppy ear is also a possible out come)!?!?!?
Dreams are coming true!

Nintendo, GF, Im forever your pokey whore!

Whoa depending on how deep they implement that gender differences based on parent thing, will determine if I spend upwards of 250 hours on pokemon again. My stupid inclination to not only catch every pokemon but to also get both male and female versions too. OH snaps, what if there also even more Regional differences between Kanto and Johto pokemon :( This is getting insane.

Also in Yellow, when you evolved Pikachu into Raichu, didnt it stop following you? I cant remember. I wonder if the starter will experience these same phenomenon.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Dedication Through Light said:
Also in Yellow, when you evolved Pikachu into Raichu, didnt it stop following you? I cant remember. I wonder if the starter will experience these same phenomenon.

I can vouch for this, but I doubt they'll implement it again. Evolutions do follow you in Amity Park.

TP

BishopLamont said:
I don't know about that, but you can find mew under the SS Anne Truck. You just gotta push it...somehow.
If only I had the strength to push it, maybe then I could have a Mew

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
In Yellow, the Pikachu would just reject the Thunderstone if you tried to evolve it. Seeing as how that one was the only Pikachu in the game, the only way you could ever attain a Raichu in Yellow is by trading with a different version.

Yes I'm still bitter. Yellow sucked because of that. <3 Raichu he's the best.

hemtae

Andrex said:
In Yellow, the Pikachu would just reject the Thunderstone if you tried to evolve it. Seeing as how that one was the only Pikachu in the game, the only way you could ever attain a Raichu in Yellow is by trading with a different version.

Yes I'm still bitter. Yellow sucked because of that. <3 Raichu he's the best.

It would, however, let you trade the Pikachu and then trade it back and then evolve it.

hemtae said:
It would, however, let you trade the Pikachu and then trade it back and then evolve it.

But would it follow you after that?

If they are adding this following feature, wouldnt they also have to include it in the next full version of Pokemon. I dont think it would make sense to revoke a feature after it is implemented?

Gosh this pokemon has lead me to even more questions
If they are using this same design then there must be more updates graphically!? Either pokemon have even more motions now (beyond that which was added in Platinum). Are there going to be even more trainer animations!? Are they going to add weather to Johto? Kanto is going to need berry trees now...Pokemon contests in Johto? GTS in Johto?!

Poketch?! Unnown Pokedex?

I wonder if they will also include the full version of Mt Moon this time around, I dont think Gold and Silver gave Mt. Moon justice back then, it was so short.

Captain N

Shiggie said:
No(don't think so), 'DSi only' features are only for DLC(as far as I know).

Pokemon will have DLC?

Because Nintendo did say there will be DSi Only titles in the future..and they will be region locked.

hemtae

Dedication Through Light said:
But would it follow you after that?

If they are adding this following feature, wouldnt they also have to include it in the next full version of Pokemon. I dont think it would make sense to revoke a feature after it is implemented?

Gosh this pokemon has lead me to even more questions
If they are using this same design then there must be more updates graphically!? Either pokemon have even more motions now (beyond that which was added in Platinum). Are there going to be even more trainer animations!? Are they going to add weather to Johto? Kanto is going to need berry trees now...Pokemon contests in Johto? GTS in Johto?!

Poketch?! Unnown Pokedex?

I wonder if they will also include the full version of Mt Moon this time around, I dont think Gold and Silver gave Mt. Moon justice back then, it was so short.

It wouldn't follow you. Also, it might not be present in future pokemon games seeing as how it wasn't present in GSC and the previous continents wasn't in RSE or DPP

Shiggie

Captain N said:
Pokemon will have DLC?

Because Nintendo did say there will be DSi Only titles in the future..and they will be region locked.
I ment DSi Ware

Wikipedia said:
Nintendo has reported that the DSi uses region locking for DSi-specific software, since the handheld provides Internet services tailored individually for each region and it uses rating-based parental controls, which differ by country. However, certain elements are region-free: Internet browsing, photo sharing and Nintendo DS software.
yup.

truendo

Captain N said:
Pokemon will have DLC?

What DLC can Pokemon have?

Nintendo would be asinine to make it dsi-only anyways.
Although, if they did, I'd have to buy a dsi. =/

truendo said:
What DLC can Pokemon have?

Nintendo would be asinine to make it dsi-only anyways.
Although, if they did, I'd have to buy a dsi. =/

Who knows. Maybe thats why they didnt show the other screen in the announcement!!! Theyre hiding the DSi exclusivity! Ohhhhhhhh!

Gravijah

Captain N said:
anyone saving up for the Gold / Silver DSi that needs to come with this game?

Oh fuck. Fuck. FUCK YOU. FUCK! FUCK FUCK! Now I'm gonna probably have to import the inevitable Gold/Silver DSi.

Espada

Blu_LED said:
We can pretty much assume the bottom screen will have the PokeGear on it, right?
Pretty much, as I'm not expecting they'll use 4th gen's Pokétch for the remake.

Like others have mentioned that bit with pokemon following with you is likely at the beginning only and if not, limited to select pokemon.

Top Bottom