• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Gold / Silver for DS announced

Finally, the best Pokemon game gets a remake :D

Now all of the Pokemon games can be connected to each other!

I hope that they have it
so that the graphics go back to retro GBC 2D graphics when you go back to Kanto,
that would be so awesome!

Crocodile

To be expected but glad to have it confirmed. The number of name drops to important places/people in the Johto region in Platnium (and I've only just gotten to the 4th gym) has actually been kind of obscene but cross-game advertising makes sense. I'm assuming these references were amongst the body of evidence that suggested the remaking of GS in the first place. I do hope they take the time to flesh out Johto some more this time around. I havent played GS in years but I remember Johto being kind of tiny.

Crocodile said:
To be expected but glad to have it confirmed. The number of name drops to important places/people in the Johto region in Platnium (and I've only just gotten to the 4th gym) has actually been kind of obscene but cross-game advertising makes sense. I'm assuming these references were amongst the body of evidence that suggested the remaking of GS in the first place. I do hope they take the time to flesh out Johto some more this time around. I havent played GS in years but I remember Johto being kind of tiny.

That was because Kanto was included. Kinda hard to fit 2 worlds on one GBC pac

Netto-kun

I'll take both. <3

inr96v.jpg

Shiggie

Crocodile said:
Yeah, it was the name drops that really convinced me of the remake.

For a second there I thought Shiggie and Crocodile were the same person and had replied to his/her own post.
:lol

Very happy to have a new Silver, I assume a US release next year?

OH YES!!!

I replaced the batteries in my Gold Silver and Crystal carts, so I will be replaying them soon!!

Best news from Nintendo since..

Mr. Sam

Am I the only Cyndoquil fan here? It's a shame his evolutions are so crap - Feraligatr is undoubtedly the best.

I think I'm done with Pokemon. I can't stand how slow Platinum is, and all the basic fetch-questing/HM slave bullshit.

Its at the total bottom of my backlog, and I dont think I'll be returning to it. After these remakes I really hope they make some incredibly new innovative entry in the series, because to me its become completely stale :/

Dascu

I'm going to buy this simply for nostalgia purposes. I'm already feeling embarassed for being excited for a Pokemon game.

Regardless,
TOTODILE, MOTHERFUCKER

Delio

Mr. Sam said:
Am I the only Cyndoquil fan here? It's a shame his evolutions are so crap - Feraligatr is undoubtedly the best.

No way. Scarfed Typhlosion is insane for late battle clean ups with eruption. Cyndaquil was always one of my fav fire types and that will never change.

painey

Delio said:
No way. Scarfed Typhlosion is insane for late battle clean ups with eruption. Cyndaquil was always one of my fav fire types and that will never change.

2qsb386.gif

why is Cyndaquil purple?

Great news for me, since the internal battery is dry on both my copy of Gold and the copy of Silver I bought to replace it. Easily the best game of the series if for no other reason than returning to the Kanto map.

Teetris said:

Cyndaquil is the only right answer.

I always go fire. Always. They always look cooler to me and when playing Pokemon or Persona, that matters more than anything else to me. Except for Cyndaquil, of course. Totodile will be tempting when this hits stateside, but if they make the Typhlosion sprite look presentable, I'll be sticking to fire as usual.

Is this going to have any kind of A/V upgrade over the other games released so far, or is it remaking G/S in the latest version of the engine?

If this is lazy work I'm not interested, but if they've put a nice effort in I'll bite.

Kletian

This is the only Pokemon generation I never got into playing. And I really don't know what's so different about it that makes it the best.

Also, G/S had the worst starters in the series. There, I said it.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
For some reason even though I liked Totodile the best, I always picked Chikorita. I don't know, I guess it's a combination of the final evo looking like a flamboyant Apatosaurus and the baby one just being SO DAMN CUTE!

Gold and Totodile this time round methinks. I fancy a bit of feral alligator ownage.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAH! :D

cartoondancinglol.gif

spideydance-1.gif
hmonlol.gif

dancinghomer.gif

(Yea I'm happy about this)

Chikorita and Umbreon, I chose you!

Heart Gold for me like old days, my brother and GF will each be playing Silver so I have people to trade with, sweeeeet. :D

Probably the most perfect sequel ever.

Defuser

MegaKungFuRadio said:
I always go fire. Always. They always look cooler to me and when playing Pokemon or Persona, that matters more than anything else to me. Except for Cyndaquil, of course. Totodile will be tempting when this hits stateside, but if they make the Typhlosion sprite look presentable, I'll be sticking to fire as usual.
Chimchar looks fucking terrible.

Linkified

I remember being so hyped for these games and saw a copy of gold at a car boot which was a chinese fake copy, it was gutted and ovewhelmed at the same time and when the Silver launced officially I was all over that game, the last pokemon game I ever completed.

So seen as GBA had 2 main series games( ie ruby/saphire and fire red/leaf green) after these does GAF reckon there won't be any more main games on DS. Or do you guys reckon wee may see a 5th gen pokemon game and/or pokemon reimagination of ruby/saphire.

Next games will be on a new gen of handheld. Traditionally anyway. Unless they do a major revamp.

I still want my insanely huge adventure that takes place in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and the Orange Islands.

A man can dream.

Shiggie

Dabookerman said:
Next games will be on a new gen of handheld. Traditionally anyway. Unless they do a major revamp.
I think they might be be DSi exclusive to fully take advantage of the hardware (Just like Crystal was a GBC exclusive).

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Defuser said:
Chimchar looks fucking terrible.
Infernape makes up for that big time though.

Shiggie said:
I think they might be be DSi exclusive to fully take advantage of the hardware (Just like Crystal was a GBC exclusive).
Yeah, fuck them if they do that. Never ever buying a DSi.

domlolz

Banned
After Diamond and Pearl I think they need to revamp the whole game as it's getting pretty stale

But whatever, people want the remake and they are getting it.

Hobbun

I picked up Fire Red/Leaf Green awhile back but have not played them. I also have Platinum.

I plan to buy the upcoming Gold/Silver remakes (probably one of the two), should I bother to play any of the other GBA Pokemon games (Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, etc.)?

Masked Man

I said wow
Metroidvania said:
<3 Espeon. :p

And wow @ that 10 years thing, that's absolutely ridiculous if you think back on what you were doing then.

YES. Glad to find another fan. :D

Wow, seriously--10 years?! I can't believe it! I was still a mere fifth/sixth grader at the time...

Top Bottom