• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

I'm really hoping this Escalation is designed with a SL5 Ash-Greninja in mind because any other type would be incredibly frustrating with these short turns high level stages.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heads up, 20 heart bonus for checking in today.

Tomorrow: Mega Start
5/10: Complexity -1
5/11: Skill Swapper
5/12: Skill Booster M
5/13: Moves +5
5/14: 2,000 coins

20 Hearts for checking in today.

I attempted Mega Gallade last night for the first time. Full item run. Beat it with no moves remaining. Trying to S-Rank that is going to be fun!

20 Hearts for checking in today.

I attempted Mega Gallade last night for the first time. Full item run. Beat it with no moves remaining. Trying to S-Rank that is going to be fun!

I finally have some funds to tackle this and got 7 moves left. So throw that onto the pile of expensive S-rank I need to attempt again.

No luck on that stage it was all wasted on Cosmog who dropped an insane 6 red presents on me, which of course would be when they don't contain a MSU or RML.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
- Decodieye limited move competitive stage
- New Daily Pokemon (#8)
- Popplio Great Challenge
- Cosmoem "Great Chance a Day"
- New safari (Rattata Alola, Diglett Alola, Rockruff, Raticate Alola, & Dugtrio Alola)
- Sandslash Alola Great Challenge
- Lunala Ultra Challenge

JESUS, talk about a ton of new content

Lunala is 500 coins to play, don't even bother trying it without at least an ATK+ because it has 30,000 HP and only 13 moves, and disrupts all over with barriered unbreakable blocks. Probably take a DD as well.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Did all of that. Jesus that was expensive ;_;

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, it must've taken me close to 60 hearts to even see Dugtrio....

*escapes out of 34% ball despite taking only two moves to complete*

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Machine

The new mission card is pretty underwhelming. I guess it's good for people who never got the mega stone for Blaziken.

I absolutely love it when I beat a stage in one move and have a catch rate of 19%. LOVE IT!

Edit: I've now used over 20 hearts on the safari and not gotten a single catch.

Stage On

I found Dugtrio on my first try! That's never happened to me before.

Sadly it's a really tough stage, I probably would have done better with Beedril then with Gengar so I actually ran out of moves just before beating it and was forced to use one of my jewels since I didn't want to spend days grinding the safari just to find it again.

Honestly their is a little bit too much content lately. All the limited time stuff is super draining on my coins to the point I just have enough time to grind those back and suddenly their is a bunch more limited time stuff. Meanwhile I still have 16 main stages to tackle that I can't get around to.

Cosmozone

I've now decided to go for a great ball for increased catch rate cases in the safaris now. Hope it will less annoying in the long run, although the risk of expensive escapes is definitely there.

In other news, I wasted two great balls trying to catch Cosmoem in the day and it still got away, grrr. Should've just let it go.

I absolutely love it when I beat a stage in one move and have a catch rate of 19%. LOVE IT!

Edit: I've now used over 20 hearts on the safari and not gotten a single catch.

The past 2 Safaris have been a nightmare. I only caught like 2 out of the last one and probably used over 100 hearts. I swear, they cut the number of pokemon in the Safari in half and cut the effective catch rate in half as well. It's insane.

Glass Rebel

This has been by far the worst safari for me. Holy shit is it just fucking tedious. Terrible catch rates, one Dugtrio in over 50 or something. When will it fucking end.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, FINALLY, Dugtrio popped up again, and sooooo glad I was able to catch it with a 44% great ball.

Now I need to deal with grinding for coins for Sandslash, Lunala, & the competition.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How the hell do I get a S-rank on 560? I tried Mega Garchomp & Rayquaza, both with Mega Start, DD, & M+5, but I seem to either fail or be a few moves under.

How the hell do I get a S-rank on 560? I tried Mega Garchomp & Rayquaza, both with Mega Start, DD, & M+5, but I seem to either fail or be a few moves under.

I think I used Alakazam with MS and M+5. Probably with some other strong super-effective Risk Taker (et al) Pokémon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah crap, I wasn't using Thundorus, that probably explains it. I'll have to try Alakazam.

Edit: Sweet, got super catch rate & was able to beat it in 7 moves with Alakazam.

New content:

- Primarina Escalation Battle
- Lycanroc Great Challenge
- Araquanid Great Challenge
Looks like each of the Gen VII starters' final evo will get a Escalation Battle and a Competitive Stage. Better train Primarina for the Incineroar Comp next week.

Blew all my coins on the last competition and didn't get any good RNG.

And then because I'm dumb I went into the safari with my unlimited hearts trial right after. Luckily I caught Dugtrio in a Poke Ball.

Quiet week will let me get my coins back up.

Has anyone Skill Swapped Mudkip to Big Wave yet?

I'm not sure if it's worth waiting to see what else gets released or not. Part of me thinks we'll just get another 60 BP mon like we have with Poison, Ice Dance, ect. when there are better options if you want to invest in it but then in the back of my mind I remember when itchy fingers invest in a Sabeleye Risk Taker then Hoopla came out or Keldeo's Flash Mob looked like a good idea til Wailord came onto the scene.

Mudkip being a pretty popular mon I'm sure it will be viable investment regardless of what does get released but if it's anything like Pyre I prefer the unique color and slight BP drop in Delphox over investing SS and PSB farming Ho-oh.

Unlike Prye it's a heavily invested ability since it lacks 100% activation on a match 4. So on top of SS and up to 10 RML you'll need at least 2-4 M cookies.

100 PSB 30%, 60%, 90%; x1.5 base damage; Increased Activation by +5%, +10%, +15%, +20%

Machine

Mudkup is a luxury, not a necessity and I have no RMLs to spare for a luxury at this point.

I tried a full item run on level 150 of the current EB yesterday and failed miserably. I wasn't even close enough to consider using a jewel. I apparently suck with tappers. I wonder if it's even worth trying with something else like M-Alakazam or M-Ray. Maybe I should just move on and forget about it.

Mudkup is a luxury, not a necessity and I have no RMLs to spare for a luxury at this point.

I tried a full item run on level 150 of the current EB yesterday and failed miserably. I wasn't even close enough to consider using a jewel. I apparently suck with tappers. I wonder if it's even worth trying with something else like M-Alakazam or M-Ray. Maybe I should just move on and forget about it.

150 took a jewel from me which is some BS. A full item run should never feel like you need to rely on good RNG to win. I didn't get a M-Tyranitar match til four moves in, then the last two moves I have two match 4 for Risk Takers, one doesn't activate at all so it really didn't matter what the second one did unless it could make up the difference. Lost by a sliver, if I had a Tyranitar match I might have been able to squeek by with some lucky skyfall.

I didn't feel confident I could make a successful full item run unless everything just happens to go my way.

Another new safari today :lol

More daily Pokémon with rubbs catch rates as well. Haven't even got to the safari yet because I'm still trying to get this stupid thing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, more dailies & a safari.

It's been a while since we've seen a new amount of those in a short amount of time.

& with this update, I've now caught a whopping EIGHT HUNDRED POKEMON.

daydream

Banned
could really do without these big batches of new stuff

Who was expecting that a couple of years ago when this thing first ruined our lives?

jrqgO.gif

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Holy hell the catch rates in this safari are terrible.

I decided to stop playing this on Friday. Went to pick up my 3DS to Check In and thought "You know what? Fuck it! What's even the point?"

I found myself keep checking the time every 2 hours thinking "I should use my hearts now" and stopping myself.

Loaded it up yesterday just to see what new things were added and felt nothing when I saw it all.

I'm out! I'm finally out of it! Over 400 hours I put into it. But I'm done!

Feels good.

I'm glad I've at least managed to just stick largely to catching 'em all without any of that extra stuff like trying to beat escalations or get to SL5 by paying thousands of coins and hoping for random drops. That's where the fun really dies for me and I'd definitely have to give it up for my own sanity.

I think even if I "quit" I'd still do the special stuff knowing that I can always go back to main stages.

Holy hell the catch rates in this safari are terrible.

Yeah, 15% for a OHKO is just a joke.

This thread might as well be renamed Compulsive Gambling: The Game: Pokemon Edition.

That part of your brain which triggers the reward system every time a presents drops, compels you to collect more money just to throw it away in the hopes of more rewards. I admit it's an addiction but I can't drop it cold turkey, I know I'd be back next week to check in and waste more time trying to catch up.

Yeah I've already cut back to playing twice a day just to keep up with the special stuff, and even then if the daily Pokemon didn't rotate I would've missed some.

Blew 10k coins on stage 100 of the escalation for a lousy skill swapper. Safari and competition look ridiculous too.

Safari and competition look ridiculous too.

C-1 Competitions should not exist. You're basically forcing people to drop ~20k coins on a roll of the dice. Don't get good RNG? Well there's a couple days of Meowth farming down the drain. Good luck getting that in with our dozen new pokemon each week, half of whom take coins to even attempt and have abysmal catch rates.

C-1 Competitions should not exist. You're basically forcing people to drop ~20k coins on a roll of the dice. Don't get good RNG? Well there's a couple days of Meowth farming down the drain. Good luck getting that in with our dozen new pokemon each week, half of whom take coins to even attempt and have abysmal catch rates.
I don't know if they think this is a means to even the playing field or what? You're only going to make one attempt, two tops, with a fixed team. I guess there's some skill involved but it gets nullified by RNG and the richest investing in the fixed team.

Solgaleo has nearly 50,000 HP and disrupts like an absolute cunt, so be aware of that before you waste 500 coins on it. DD and AP+ at a minimum are required. Starting board is full of unbreakable blocks as well.

I-I forgot about the Incineroar competition and am contemplating quitting the game now...

The prizes weren't unique or anything, just SpeedUps and RMLs and stuff. You haven't missed anything.

I didn't even bother making a coin run, just set a score and got whatever I got. Wasn't worth it.

Loptous

The prizes weren't unique or anything, just SpeedUps and RMLs and stuff. You haven't missed anything.
goshdangit there goes my excuse
Seriously though... I totally assumed there was a megastone since that's usually the point of competitions. I feel kind of dumb now since I knew S&M got rid of them lol

Top Bottom