• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

MicH

I'm still stuck at Mega Mawile, so I went back and om currently catching stuff I missed (hot Torchic thus time around!) and S ranking stages I didn't S rank before. Unlocking all these EX stages that I x an mig beat :( That Lucario would help me immensely, but I can't get more than 13% catchability on him

Chrom

Up to stage 60 but going back to catch pokemon I haven't caught yet. Does anyone have any advice as 4he best pokemon to use against mew?

For Mew, I've been able to catch it as well as even getting an S rank for it with Mega Sableye, Volbeat, Illumise, and Purrloin, all of which are super effective against Mew. Good luck with that, it took me a few tries to get it down.

MicH

I beat Mega Mawile!!! I had to buy the +5 moves and Mega start aids though, but I did it!!

I then went to the Meowth special stage and hot a total of 400 coins :( No more appeared?!

Robin64

Went back and caught Riolu and Hawlucha and Mega Lopunny was a lot easier. Game's definitely getting "harder" (read: wanting me to buy things) now though.

Still haven't been able to catch Mew, even with a Great Ball. Will keep trying, of course. This game has me hooked.

Edit: Anybody have tips for catching Mew?

Kouriozan

Stage 100 beaten, time to break down my progress.

hPR6DqR.jpg

Only used money for a few Super Ball and missing a jewel due to a mistake. Thankfully they gave us one for free.
Edit : Oh yeah, 0 money spent too.

MicH

Still haven't been able to catch Mew, even with a Great Ball. Will keep trying, of course. This game has me hooked.

Edit: Anybody have tips for catching Mew?
Don't bother with it until you get Mega Sableye and get three other Pokemon that are super effective against it (dark, ghost and bug types)

zroid

Banned
I didn't have that much trouble with Mew, got 54% catch rate on my first try (pre-Mega Sabeye), didn't catch it. Tried again after I had Mega Sableye, ironically got a lower catch rate of like 46% lol, but the RNG was on my side that time so I caught it.

oti

Banned
105 is kicking my butt.
But managed to catch Mew.

Do I have to exit the game when I want to StreetPass? Had 7 tags yesterday, Smash and the other games show them but Pokémon Shuffle did nothing. No notification, no in-game message.

lewisgone

I gave up on accumulating gems for no reason and bought 36 hearts with the ones I had saved. I enjoyed a good 40 minutes of the game, and I like it a lot more than Link Battle without the energy system - even leaving in harsh catch rates and a power up system. Replaying levels is still fun and doesn't feel like a waste of time due to the fact support Pokemon level up. It's only annoying when you're wasting one of your 5 allotted hearts on a level you've beaten.

I understand the need for an energy system and this paragraph wasn't a complaint - the game is free and so far I've had quite a bit of fun without paying anything. I was just surprised at how much more enjoyable I find this game than Link Battle. Disruptions and limited turns make the gameplay much more varied than Link Battle, where all you do every level is make long chains.

Is there a formula for how much base power increases with respect to level?

Thanks. That list has made me rethink which mega pokemon I'm going to use. I wish the original 3 starters had better stats!
Power of 4 is decent stuff if it works like it did in Link Battle ()well in Link Battle it was power of 5 and power of 6). That said it has to be matches of 4 to activate, not more than 4...(well at least in Link Battle anyway)

Do I have to exit the game when I want to StreetPass? Had 7 tags yesterday, Smash and the other games show them but Pokémon Shuffle did nothing. No notification, no in-game message.
Open up system settings and check streetpass management. If Pokemon shuffle is in the top-left slot, that one doesn't work with Nintendo Zone Streetpass relay for some reason. Use 3DS sound as a sacrifice for that slot (as it always on the system so quick and simple to activate and deactivate).

Got Mew on my first try. Whoa, RNG must really like me today across these F2P games this morning.

I've been hoarding gems and coins, feeling like using the EXP boost though just to pump up some commonly used pokemon. Anyone else doing the same?

k I'm just going to come to gaf and complain every time I have difficulty with a stage. Beat Mega Mawile as soon as I made that post lol

And yeah RNG is weird. Of the ~10 last Pokemon I've got, I'd say more than half I had <50% of catching. Three of them were >15% (one of them was 5% @__@). And a lot of times, even if I don't catch the low rate ones, they at least shook 3 times. I had an 87% chance of catching Cubone and it shook once and broke free.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'd want to exp boost, but i feel like there's always better Pokemon and my skill be the most important part of clearing a stage.

Somehow I got it first time, with a catch rate of 18%. I wasn't going to complain about that.

Haha, yeah there's nothing wrong with that. Pass a bit of that luck over here!

Don't bother with it until you get Mega Sableye and get three other Pokemon that are super effective against it (dark, ghost and bug types)

I just got Mega Sableeye during my last play, so I'll definitely take your advice and catch a couple more dark, ghost, and bug types before I give it another solid go. Thanks a lot!

I didn't have that much trouble with Mew, got 54% catch rate on my first try (pre-Mega Sabeye), didn't catch it. Tried again after I had Mega Sableye, ironically got a lower catch rate of like 46% lol, but the RNG was on my side that time so I caught it.

Nice! It seems like there is some luck involved with it.

gotta catch 'em all, mang
I think the users point was if you have a to heart to spend on retrying Pichu or getting closer to Mareep do the Mareep, you can always attempt Pichu when doing some grinding you hit roadblocks later on the game or something.

zroid

Banned
I think the users point was if you have a to heart to spend on retrying Pichu or getting closer to Mareep do the Mareep, you can always attempt Pichu when doing some grinding you hit roadblocks later on the game or something.

I said

gotta

catch

'em

all!

llehuty

Just when I thought Mega Mawile was the only wal in the game... Mega Glalie at stage 120 is kicking my butt. I can barely remove half of its health. :S

I said

gotta

catch

'em

all!

That doesn't mean you have to catch them in order ;)

Dreavus

One of the things that is slightly annoying me about this game is that it doesn't seem like our "heart cap" will ever go up. That, coupled with no "account level" that many other games of this type employ (often giving you full "energy" or hearts when you level up) means that you really can't play for any extended period of time without having to wait after roughly the same amount of plays.

Back when I played Brave frontier I could get in there for a little longer than usual thanks to leveling up at the right time and refilling my energy. Nothing of that sort is present here. :|

Is this what Candy crush is like? I have never played that one, so maybe they're adhering to that school of design instead.

Swamped

Banned
One very minor thing that's annoying me is the music when you catch a pokemon. I keep expecting the 'ting ting tiiiiing ting-ting-ting ting ting ting tiiiiiiiiiing'. Instead I'm confronted with some fake jingle :(

Robin64

One very minor thing that's annoying me is the music when you catch a pokemon. I keep expecting the 'ting ting tiiiiing ting-ting-ting ting ting ting tiiiiiiiiiing'. Instead I'm confronted with some fake jingle :(

Yeah, was thinking the same thing. Use the proper music, dammit!

Kouriozan

I really love Mega Mawile's effect, it always start a 5+ chains everytime so far.
And, once again, got lucky in the Mega Pharamp stage, finished first try with 0 moves left x)

Mr-Joker

Banned
Man the RNG is a bastard, I had Kangaskhan with a catch rate at 80% and both time it broke out.

Then the game asking me if I want to buy a Great Ball just pisses me off. I swear this game is either fixed or it hates me.

I am going with both. >_> <_< >_>

idolminds

Neo Member
I am really bad at the EX stages. RNG hasn't favored me with some decent combo chains. Finished Lucario as the timer ticked 0, so I had a 1% chance of catching him. NOPE. Do you want to spend 2500 gold for a 2% chance? DOUBLE NOPE.

nubbe

yeah, everything about the game sucks

MicH

Yeah, it's such a huge cash-grab and it was probably in development for a month. That's what it feels like at least

udivision

Yeah, it's such a huge cash-grab and it was probably in development for a month. That's what it feels like at least

They should just throw the game on iOS and be done with it. It's about the money, not adding desirable content to a console's game library.

Top Bottom