• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Y "Mega Evolutions" revealed (trailer) + new art and details

Sorian

Banned
MegaSnorlax becoming a skinny, fast attacking beast. I can totally see it.

Or Mega Snorlax just becomes even bigger. Calling it now, megasnorlax sleeping in the middle of the road and you can't pregress until you find a way to steal its mega item and devolve it.

They better, Gyarados is dragon in everything but typing. I also want Mega Aggron, he always has a neat design but his typing and stats leaved a lot to be desired, he is still fun to use and I always though his design was amazing.

Neiteio

For those just tuning in: Mega Kangaskhan has been announced. The mother remains the same in design, but the baby is now a toddler outside the pouch, fighting alongside the mother. A new ability called Parental Bond allows them to each attack the same turn, effectively attacking twice in one go.

I LOVE IT! What's also fun about this design is everyone always fixated on the idea of a pre-evo that would simply be the baby, but I don't recall people thinking of an evolution where the two would attack as one. :)

Wilbur

Banned
Bit silly when you have your Pokemon with mega stone as your lead and every time you run into a wild level 2 Rattata it goes fucking nuts and mega evolves. You should be able to activate it

Sorian

Banned
Bit silly when you have your Pokemon with mega stone as your lead and every time you run into a wild level 2 Rattata it goes fucking nuts and mega evolves. You should be able to activate it

There are battle conditions that have to be met to mega evolve. They have not been shared yet but I imagine that you wouldn't be hitting the requirement while fighting weak pokes out in the wild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjzxXUPt4DY

That's like E3 level of cheers there

It makes me happy to see how much excitement is in that room between the crowd and the people on stage.

It takes like a second for the poke to transform. It's like having a Tyranitar. You need to see him do the auto sandstorm every time.

losername

Banned
This Kangaskhan "mega evolution" actually makes a surprisingly amount of sense. Hoping we'll see more like that rather than totally redesigned forms, but I'm not counting on it - there's just too much money to be made from merchandise.

Would they just perform Rest twice in a row? Assuming Rest doesn't put them both to sleep on the first use, lol. :)

Let's run some conservative numbers, conservative under the assumption that the follow-up attack by the baby is reduced power, let's say cut in half. What's the deadliest attack Mega Khan could deliver under such circumstances?

Double Return possibly? or if you like recoil, Double Double Edge

Sorian

Banned
This Kangaskhan "mega evolution" actually makes a surprisingly amount of sense. Hoping we'll see more like that rather than totally redesigned forms, but I'm not counting on it - there's just too much money to be made from merchandise.

Fuck it, I want them to do gyarados and when he mega evolves he just becomes a golden magikarp with his only move being "mega splash" which is an auto-critical attack that puts hyper beam to shame.

I think I've never been this hyped for a Pokemon game. I'm loving these mega-evolutions. I just hope this doesn't mean there aren't less totally new Pokemon.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Two attacks in one turn? Mega Kangaskan doesn't even need an attack boost, that alone is broken as hell.

Its like Gamefreak decided to throw logic out the window for X/Y and embrace the crazy. Its kinda awesome.

Sorian

Banned
Two attacks in one turn? Mega Kangaskan doesn't even need an attack boost, that alone is broken as hell.

Its like Gamefreak decided to throw logic out the window for X/Y and embrace the crazy. Its kinda awesome.

If you add in all crazy, it balances itself out.

We add in Fairy type to balance out dragons. We add in Mega evolutions to totally destroy the battle system.

Neiteio

We add in Fairy type to balance out dragons. We add in Mega evolutions to totally destroy the battle system.
Ha, it does appear there are restrictions, though. According to serebii.net, you can only have one Mega Evolution in battle at a time, although it's currently unclear if that's speaking to your team as a whole, or whether it's a restriction on having multiple Mega Evolutions side-by-side in a Double Battle, etc. Maybe Joe could clarify...

Sorian

Banned
Ha, it does appear there are restrictions, though. According to serebii.net, you can only have one Mega Evolution in battle at a time, although it's currently unclear if that's speaking to your team as a whole, or whether it's a restriction on having multiple Mega Evolutions side-by-side in a Double Battle, etc. Maybe Joe could clarify...

Mega Mewtwo and Mega Lucario during a double battle.

"Oh shoot, one of them died. Oh well, I choose you Blaziken!"

Sorian

Banned
It sounds like that is a purely online only restriction, or battle tower. Not sure if they'd limit it ingame. Unless it's impossible to get more than one mega stone.

Considering that almost all of us will be getting a mega stone with our Torchic, this seems unlikely.

Ragus

Banned
Call me a pathetic fanboy if you want, but so far I like everything about X/Y. And yes, Mega evolutions are a great idea.

Sorian

Banned
Call me a pathetic fanboy if you want, but so far I like everything about X/Y. And yes, Mega evolutions are a great idea.

My hype for X/Y went from "I'll pick it up sometime in October..." to "Holy Fuck, the 12th can't come soon enough!"

I might have hit that level as time got closer anyway but this definitely pushed me to the hype point much sooner.

Top Bottom