• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Y "Mega Evolutions" revealed (trailer) + new art and details

Hahahaha that's amazing. But wait a minute is it like just adding additional damage to the attack. Or actually double casting?

I don't know Kangazkan moveset but does that means that he can use Rest + Protect in the same turn?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Whhhhaaaat?! O___O

Ok, now I want Mega Lapras if we're giving old Pokemon that desperately needed an evo way back when. I also elect Pinsir for the Mega treatment!

Do-It.gif

joetachi

I like that not all Mega Evolution are going to just be the original Pokemon with some fur added, this is a pretty cool concept. Maybe the baby will also become an official pre-evo?

I hope they clear up what the hell Kangaskhan's baby is because from the way it looks its pretty clear they look different.

Wilbur

Banned
It hits twice? Wonder if the baby's hit is less powerful than the first one, so it does half the damage the first attack does. Good idea though.

Megalutions so far:

Mawile > Blaziken > Absol > Kangaskhan > Lucario > Mewtwo > Ampharos

HardRojo

I would've preferred something like a weird experiment in the storyline turning some Pokemon into Mega Evolved ones and they couldn't revert back to their original form, that would mean Mewtwo's design would get screwed though... Not convinced by this really.

Akihidas

So excited for this OST and I love the idea of baby Kangaskhan and mama Kangaskhan forming a mega tag team, so awesome. It also gives a hope for a lot of MegaEvolutions!

Village

But they made it USABLE. A prevo is so pointless.

Not at all, I definitely wouldn't need a magic stone for kengaskhan to hold all the time so I could have it, and as pre-evo you could make a bunch more.

Now you can only have one, and along with that that is the only mega evo you can use in battle.

Korosenai

What gamefreak is doing is genius... they're giving evo's to Pokemon that people wanted evo's for without actually using up a Pokedex space (i'm guessing on this btw).

So everyone get's their evolutions they want, while more (new) Pokemon can still be added to the game. It's a win/win.

DaBoss

What gamefreak is doing is genius... they're giving evo's to Pokemon that people wanted evo's for without actually using up a Pokedex space (i'm guessing on this btw).

So everyone get's their evolutions they want, while more (new) Pokemon can still be added to the game. It's a win/win.

I think they will have a separate section or something for Megalutions in the Pokédex.

You know this is funny, Yesterday I was thinking about a Kangaroo pokemon with the ability to hold two items at the same time (you know because of the pouches).

Whys everyone shitting on mega kangaskan being it with it's baby. I think that rocks, and it's different to just making kangaskan look more badass like they will do with basically every other mega evo.

Village

Whys everyone shitting on mega kangaskan being it with it's baby. I think that rocks, and it's different to just making kangaskan look more badass like they will do with basically every other mega evo.

Because why isn't the baby a pre-evo.

But you know what for all we know it still could be, so eh.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Yeah, it's like they didn't watch Dragon Ball Z where Gohan/Goten/Trunks exist and can power up.

It's also a nice twist to power up the baby rather than the parent.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You mean having perspective? You said it was the laziest. Lets just say I disagree and have a list.
I won't make up any lists since I'm not the one immediately discrediting the opinions of people with dumb comments like "bringing muk up".
Nope, that honour will always belong to Electrode, it's just obese upside down Voltorb.
Muk is serveral orders of magnitude worse than Electrode. At least the latter has different eyes.

Oh wait I did bring Muk up.

Are people asking for a pre-evolution for real? They are the worst addition to pokemon.

They are really weak, cost a Pokémon one evolution (hopefully Mega solve that), can't breed and some of them you can't even catch. They offer nothing of value, I don't care about new moves, they can easily give them to regular first stage.

Aggrotek

Are people asking for a pre-evolution for real? They are the worst addition to pokemon.

They are really weak, cost a Pokémon one evolution (hopefully Mega solve that), can't breed and some of them you can't even catch. They offer nothing of value, I don't care about new moves, they can easily give them to regular first stage.

SO much this. They steer clear of something a lot of people really dislike and then they get hate for it.

Village

I won't make up any lists since I'm not the one immediately discrediting the opinions of people with dumb comments like "bringing muk up".
You mean disagreeing with you and ready to provide examples of why I think your wrong? Then yes I am doing that, I never said you couldn't have an opinion. I am some guy on a video game forum, I thought you being able to not agree with how I feel about your opinion would be implied.

Oh you meant Cubone.

I agreed with you there. I'm okay with Baby, but I'm not okay with adult design.

I don't read fanfiction.

Tan

Because now mega evolutions make even less sense.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

It makes absolute sense and fills the Pokemon world.

ash_ag

I like that not all Mega Evolution are going to just be the original Pokemon with some fur added, this is a pretty cool concept. Maybe the baby will also become an official pre-evo?
To be honest, it would be great if all were design-wise the normal Pokémon in an overcharged state, like Ampharos and Kangaskhan.

Also, I would say Kangaskhan fits with not having multiple stages. The kid Kanga simply grows up and becomes big without going through an evolution process. It's a nice idea, it showcases "growing up" in the Pokémon world outside the context of evolution.

Village

It makes absolute sense and fills the Pokemon world.

This

They also give Pokemon a chance to learn moves in some cases.

Also people like to collect things, that they like.

It sounds like some motto to a franchise with fighting animal monsters used to go by, you know that one with the cartoon with the protagonist who has a yellow mouse. The one who's last name implies one of the main goals of the entire franchise.

Staryu has consistently learning new moves here and there with every gen, without a lame pre-evo ruining the chances of Starmie evolving. They serve no purpose and some of them aren't even cute.

Also people like to collect things, that they like.

It sounds like some motto to a franchise with fighting animal monsters used to go by, you8 know that one with the cartoon with the protagonist who has a yellow mouse. The one who's last name implies one of the main goals of the entire franchise.

Nice try but the motto is "Gotta catch them all", not "Gotta make a poke I already have hold an Incense then catch another one or a ditto and breed him to get this one, then evolve hin to the get same poke I already had in the same place"

ec0ec0

but, but the baby should always be in... NOOOOOOOOOO... dont worry kangaskhan, you will be like pikachu, no change for you.
You are trapped there, sorry little baby.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
They were a fun concept back when they were first introduced since that's when breeding first became a thing. Pre-evolutions afterwards having to be done under weird parametres are stupid, however.

upandaway

What I want to know is what are the stats. Do both attacks roll of Kanga's stat or a different stat for the baby?

If the baby has his own stat, and it's identical to cubone's stats, I will have a heart attack. Battle usefulness be damned, that's exciting stuff right there.

I WONDER IF THIS MEANS ONE TURN HYPER BEAM OR GIGA IMPACT
But what's the point. If you have an attack than does more than 75 base damage, it's still a net loss.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Again people, look at the baby. It looks different!

What I want to know is what are the stats. Do both attacks roll of Kanga's stat or a different stat for the baby?

If the baby has his own stat, and it's identical to cubone's stats, I will have a heart attack. Battle usefulness be damned, that's exciting stuff right there.

But what's the point. If you have an attack than does more than 75 base damage, it's still a net loss.

I guess Double Return is much better.

Top Bottom