• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokkén Tournament - Weavile and Charizard, Jirachi and Whimsicott assist, July 16th

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
StjErEc.jpg

CR87S7V.jpg

YikQhgu.jpg

202eXzZ.jpg

hwN2pgh.jpg

July 16th for arcade release, apparently the roster is still not yet full but at release they will reveal all.

Trainer customization exists and will be saved via BanaPassport.

Neoxon

I guess a Spring 2016 release for the Wii U seems likely. More so if Namco wants the game ready for EVO 2016.

SerTapTap

The fur textures still weird me out (and what is even going on with the head crest), but I'm super in for Weavile. Just announce the damn Wii U version already

udivision

I hope to see a lot of clones, it would really fit the game.

I don't think we're going to see 20+ unique characters, so different mons with different stats that resuse most of the same animations would be welcome.

Zubz

Banned
I mean, I'm not surprised that Charizard is playable, but could they at least acknowledge that the other starters exist?

Blaziken was in the first teaser for the game, so my money's on it still being held in, but it just hasn't been announced yet.

Also, I'm not gonna lie. I really don't like the fact they gave Charizard pecs.

El Sabroso

Since there are alt colors, want to see a yellow/blue Weavile, so he can represent Logan.

Charizard trailer makes me so HYPE and that day I'm gonna miss a lot of info while traveling to Vegas to get at EVO.

Dereck

It looks like the game got a graphical update.

I like the "we'll give the fans what they didn't know they wanted approach", instead of pleasing the fans all of the time approach.

TomShoe

Banned
Don't mind me, I've been salty ever since Squirtle & Ivysaur were cut in Smash 4 for Charizard.

Charizard hate as usual, I didn't see any hate towards Pikachu.

Pikachu is Pokemon's Mario, it's a foregone conclusion he'd be in. I was hoping lesser known Pokemon would be given roster spots. Machamp & Weavile are good enough, I guess. I hope Zangoose gets in.

Zalman

*slowly raises hand*

I was hoping this game would give less popular Pokémon a chance to shine, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. It's a tough world for Blastoise fans.
I want Blastoise to happen just to recreate the Pokémon Stadium box art.

I think this is a game they will update regularly, so hopefully we'll see many, many more playable characters beyond this first release.

ash_ag

Was hoping Mega Charizard Y would be chosen for Pokkén, but Charizard looks great regardless. Seems to be the first aerial fighter in the roster, but I'm still optimistic for Hawlucha.

Weavile Burst Mode is quite interesting. I'm really digging the concepts of non-Mega Burst Modes.

Crocodile

LOL @ Charizard salt. Yes, putting in one of the most popular pokemon in the franchise that is beloved by gamers of all ages is clearly disgusting pandering *rolls eyes*

"Pandering" is really starting to lose all meaning as a term :/

Anyway I'm surprised the Arcade version is dropping so soon. I wonder if more characters will be added to the Arcade roster over time (before the console release), or if the roster at launch, whatever its is, is the full roster going forward.

Watching the intro, what kind of motherfucker brings a suicune to a tournament

The same type of person who brought a Darkai to a league match against Ash in the anime - a raging plot device asshole.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'm hoping Wigglytuf is eventually revealed as part of the roster, in addition to Primeape.

I believe.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The same type of person who brought a Darkai to a league match against Ash in the anime - a raging plot device asshole.
I mean, logically, at some point Ash had to fight a legendary pokemon. That's cool drama. But then the fucker had a second legendary just because they can't allow Ash to ever win. It was infuriating.

*slowly raises hand*

I was hoping this game would give less popular Pokémon a chance to shine, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. It's a tough world for Blastoise fans.

That's fine, and I agree. But having no opinion on Pikachu and then calling Charizard pandering or something is hypocritical.

I bet the Squirtle line is getting a representative though, I think the roster's going to be the size of USF if not larger. Also DLC.

Jezan

It must have been a pain in the ass for Namco to get those textures/materials right. I mean Pokemon games never "specified" what each limb or part of a Pokemon is made of. (and then probably TPC was also being picky and always)

LogicGoat

Neo Member
I actually think the fur texture makes weavile look even cooler personally.

I like the look they're going for with this game in general, it's not that I want flat textures or anything.

I think that Lucario's fur looks great, for example, but something looks of about Weavile to me. I dunno, might just be my eyes =P

Ricky 7

Glad they put the best Pokemon in. He looks weird though, his nostrils are too big. He looks better in Smash 4.

Top Bottom