• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police Officer threatens to impound car if driver doesn't buy fundraiser tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
No-sarcasm. I am in legit shock! I mean HOLY SHIT at the things happening in this video! It feels like some SNL comedy skit. This is too much for my senses... I just can't.

dan2026

"He used the tickets as a lever to not do his duty; that's extortion," Ramsey said of Zagursky. "Whether or not it's criminal is a decision above my paygrade."

Extortion isnt a crime in America?

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Everybody hates corrupt cops, until they need one!

I LOL... one of my favorite animes of all time, 12 Kingdoms, said some deep things every now and then. The idea that corruption can happen at the lowest levels of the government whilst the higher levels are unaware of it is a sign that a kingdom's fall is eminent.

Let's get our shit together Murica.

Yes, Anime is the only true source of wisdom onisan.

Herbs

Banned
Gets shown a video of someone being extorted to buy a ticket. Immediately fires back that no single person was ever extorted to buy their ticket.

What.

Why not when time and time again cops are above reproach? What does a cop have to lose for acting like a turd and lying like a turd or spinning the truth into a "gold" turd? Might as well just go all in with the bullshit.

You would think with the intense scrutiny the police departments of the country have been under, and people more willing to film and opening talk about bad experiences online(or to the news), cops would think more before resorting to assholery. "Y'know, I was going to be a dipshit today, but given how there's EYES EVERYWHERE, maybe I'll just do my job without being a fuckin douche-ass. Maybe I'll just learn to act professional while I'm at it.". Y'know, everybody(well a lot of people) have this thing called a conscience. It chimes in before you are about to say or do something REALLY stupid.

HeySeuss

You guys realize that he's going to get fired and quite possibly charged right? The desk duty assignment is standard practice for how police departments conduct investigations. Very rarely will an officer get fired on the spot, mainly because an investigation has to happen first to get all the facts.

Yes there are multiple examples of officer's doing questionable things and keep their job. But just because you see stories like this one and never hear the follow up result of the officer losing his job, everyone assumes that the "paid vacation" is just untl the story dies down and nobody notices if he keeps his job. Officers get fired everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom