• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSsBrolly

Banned
This is big news. However, the media is ignoring it. The same way Trumps supporters will. Something SHOULD come if this but I don't think it will.

sphagnum

Banned
No wonder Trump wants to purge the CIA. He needs to clean house so they won't investigate.

They must be working like crazy right now trying to verify the dossiers info.

Wilsongt

Oh God hold me PoliGAF

Glee1.gif

Diablos

Some people are crying but I feel sick and frankly angry. Foreign actors and some of our own provided this reality. It's an act of war.

royalan

Listening to Obama speak, you'd almost forget that he's about to transition the presidency to a man who's openly committed to undoing all the progress he just talked about.

I'm with Jamelle Bouie on this one:

"The long sweep of America may be defined by forward motion but people often live entire lives in the face of backlash."

Listening to Obama speak, you'd almost forget that he's about to transition the presidency to a man who's openly committed to undoing all the progress he just talked about.

I'm with Jamelle Bouie on this one:

"The long sweep of America may be defined by forward motion but people often live entire lives in the face of backlash."

Obama's idea about the moral arc of the universe bending to justice is bullshit. The moral arc of the universe bends to whomever pulls harder.

teiresias

Obama's idea about the moral arc of the universe bending to justice is bullshit. The moral arc of the universe bends to whomever pulls harder.

I have to agree, I'm tired of this "everything will be alright" rhetoric. Progressives and liberals need to know they need to fight for progress if they want it, and sometimes in ways that perhaps they may feel are morally objectionable. Maybe Obama felt he could play standard norms games while in office and be the "big guy" in the room with the GOP, but we see what that got him, so for him to parade around like life and the world is some perfectly scripted Hollywood movie is completely disingenuous.

People don't live forever. In fact, many people won't even have much longer on this earth, so things are not going to be all right for a lot of people. I admire Obama's optimism and think very highly of him, but he was just the complete wrong president for our time. I think that ultimately that will make his legacy that much greater, but right now we are fucked.

I have to agree, I'm tired of this "everything will be alright" rhetoric. Progressives and liberals need to know they need to fight for progress if they want it, and sometimes in ways that perhaps they may feel are morally objectionable. Maybe Obama felt he could play standard norms games while in office and be the "big guy" in the room with the GOP, but we see what that got him, so for him to parade around like life and the world is some perfectly scripted Hollywood movie is completely disingenuous.

A lot of progressives (I'm sure a majority) live in super diverse areas with people that think like them, and so most haven't met someone in 2017 who would argue black people are monkeys who aren't capable of complex thought or following cultural norms, but I've heard that shit in MS every year.

It's nice that people wanna see the best in others. Wrong and naive, but nice.

I was wondering who this wrinkly old guy on cnn was and then it said Carl Bernstein. If you see someone on cable news that isnt perfectly made up and polished, you know they must be important af

Wilsongt

The story is beginning to get bigger and bigger. Only Fox isn't talking about it, and Hannity is apparently having an hour long special on... bathrooms.

How apropos.

Wilsongt

If I had to choose one person to eject direct into the sun it would be a hard choice between Hannity and Kellyanne Conway.

I have to say, this has been on my mind for awhile, so I'm just getting it out there.

I think the worst mistake we made in our country's history (by this, I mean the most far-reaching influential mistake) was the complete capitulation to the South after the Civil War. The right thing to do would be to model the Confederacy after Nazi Germany in 1945; all of the military officials who went along with rebellion should've been hanged on the National Mall, and then we should've done a massive repair job on the South as a region.

You have to cut off the head of the snake, and then change the body without the influence of the head. Instead we patted the head of the snake, and then memorialized the whole damn thing as a creature of pride and culture instead of calling a spade a spade. Are there any other countries that idolize that largest treason ever committed in their history?

Wow. If this true.

It popped up yesterday on Reddit, but it was just before I went to bed so I didn't read too much into it. I wouldn't past O'Keefe to hire fake protesters using a made up company and then blame Democrats/Liberals for it. He's pretty much the biggest hack out there.

Debirudog

The people who keep saying, "Oh nothing matters" every time a scandal opens, is starting to make me as paranoid as the people in the red scare period. I honestly feel shit is going to go down but if people keep this stupid defeatism up, then it's nothing but a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Okay, let's assume that the worst case scenario of all this true. How does this even work constitutionally? Can they impeach him before he even takes the oath of office? And if so do they impeach Pence as well bringing us to President Paul Ryan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom