• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecotic

He also has zero personality or charisma.

Candidates that aren't typical politicians live or die based off their presence and Zuckerberg has none.

I don't fully agree with your premise but there's still a lot else for Zuckerberg to work with and candidates have certainly gone farther with less. Zuckerberg can answer the question that dogged Obama endlessly in 2008: "What have you accomplished? What have you done in life?" Hillary had a similar problem: "She has experience but it's bad experience."

Low information voters love and are receptive to successful businessmen. If there's one thing Zuckerberg can say it's that he is accomplished and he has the type of experience that voters are looking for. The guy hobnobbed with world leaders all during his 20's. Few can say that.

Obviously it's both a question of if and when with Zuckerberg, if he's 50 years old and has had a successful second act after facebook and has built up his charisma and presence then his stock rises further. However everything I said can only buy him a first look, after that he's going to need a platform that resonates.

Teggy

I'm still too disillusioned to believe anything will come of this besides a lot of pissed off democrats and a windfall for Huffington Post for the next 4 years, but let's play fantasy land for a second. If Trump decided to step down, how could they just roll in Mike Pence? Every member of the cabinet would be suspect because Trump chose them, possibly because they would be friendly to Russia.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How is this stuff only coming out AFTER the election?

Because Trump publicly slammed the intelligence a few weeks ago. This may be their retaliation.

We're assuming Trump even has a press conference. He has cancelled like two in the last 1-2 months? He was supposed to talk about business divestment last year and he was supposed to reveal insider info about the hacks that undermine intelligence reports last week.

True enough to be presented to Obama and Scum

I don't know what you mean. The source is legit. The intelligence agencies just haven't finished vetting all the information personally. It was included in the report to Trump as well.

mo60

Supposedly trump has business ties in other corrupt countries like China and his campaign team was happy that the media was using Russia as a scapegoat during the election campaign instead of focusing on his business ties in these other corrupt countries.

Zyae

We're assuming Trump even has a press conference. He has cancelled like two in the last 1-2 months? He was supposed to talk about business divestment last year and he was supposed to reveal insider info about the hacks that undermine intelligence reports last week.

I don't know what you mean. The source is legit. The intelligence agencies just haven't finished vetting all the information personally. It was included in the report to Trump as well.

they felt it was real enough to even present.

kess

Oh so now we get the Oppo drop. Too bad it won't even fucking matter

jfc I have no words

Even if this doesn't change anything, it's part of a drip (heh) of information that will likely compromise him in ways we don't even know yet. His approval rating is underwater. Half the country fucking hates him. Conservatives never had this kind of reticence going after Hillary, why should the left?

Teggy

Reporters saying they were approached with the story but couldn't verify it. There's a lot of sites that would have loved these clicks, so I can't believe no one took it, unless it was only offered to major media outlets.

The "bedwetters" thing

The oppo

Everything comes full circle

If this is the finale of humanity, there's no plot threads left dangling

Teggy

People believed Hillary was running child prostitution with much less evidence. This will still have a long lasting effect on voters, regardless of what happens to Trump. He'll have the stink of this on him for a long time.
Urine

Wilsongt

So, according to the document, Putin got pissed at the smear campaign wasn't working better against Clinton. This was in early October.

Reporters saying they were approached with the story but couldn't verify it. There's a lot of sites that would have loved these clicks, so I can't believe no one took it, unless it was only offered to major media outlets.

It makes sense - this isn't the kind of story you want to run unless you're really confident about dealing with the potential blowback (whether it gets verified or not) and - like you note - it was probably only offered to sites/outlets with enough heft for the story to get attention/not get ignored for being on a fringe site.

teiresias

It makes sense - this isn't the kind of story you want to run unless you're really confident about dealing with the potential blowback (whether it gets verified or not) and - like you note - it was probably only offered to sites/outlets with enough heft for the story to get attention/not get ignored for being on a fringe site.

Particularly when the FBI Director is going to present you with a nicely packaged eleventh hour hot take to use instead. I think Comey needs to be investigated for any connections he has to Putin at this point.

teiresias

I SERIOUSLY hope this was a joint briefing of both Obama and Trump at the same time. I want to imagine Barack sitting there smirking in Trump's face as whoever had the privilege of laying this out went through the points, and then I want to imagine the extra large smirk the minute they got to the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom