• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

Not that I'm saying he shouldn't, but Trump didn't run for any of those things. He just jumped to presidency.

Because it's dangerous to hand someone that position when they have never had any sort of experience prior to it. Trump didn't have either but I don't want actors and reality TV stars to turn the presidency into a popularity contest. It is already, but I'd rather have it be a popularity contest amongst people who are at least qualified.

We could also use the help at the local level, so if Leo or Zuck or whoever are actually serious, tell them to win state and local elections first to help the party and then give them the keys if they don't completely implode the first chance they are given.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well there is how the dems can lose 2020 real early. Holy crap Mark - fund a candidate, don't BE the candidate.

He won't win. The first attack at the first debate is going to be "you allowed fake news to take over facebook and as a result Trump won the election" and then he's going to get "look at all the harassment on facebook and you've done nothing, why should we believe you can do any of what you've proposed?"

Trump's a con-man at least, he knows how to make it look like he's able to do things.

He won't win. The first attack at the first debate is going to be "you allowed fake news to take over facebook and as a result Trump won the election" and then he's going to get "look at all the harassment on facebook and you've done nothing, why should we believe you can do any of what you've proposed?"

Trump's a con-man at least, he knows how to make it look like he's able to do things.

He can win if he's a big name and none of the other democrats running have much trust or popularity in the party. Which is totally possible in 2020.

mo60

Maybe one of the democrats path to victory in the next presidential election is to encourage more college educated voters especially women to vote for the next democratic presidential candidate in the next election. The republicans losing college educated voters by 8 or more points may make it really hard for them to win a few red or swing states in the future.

Maybe the democrats path to victory in the next presidential election is to encourage more college educated voters especially women to vote for the next democratic presidential candidate in the next election.
We tried that this time and it didn't turn out so great.

mo60

We tried that this time and it didn't turn out so great.

The reason to why it did not work is that hilary only managed to win them by like a point or two. Trump being the president may shift more college educated voters especially women to the democrats especially if he and his administration don't really try to appeal to this group. Like I said in the edited post you quoted it is one path to victory on the presidential level for the democrats in 2020.

tbm24

I'm underground but it sounds like there's proof Russia has dirt on Trump? Hearing CNN. Not sure if I'm accurate as my feed cuts out.

I'm underground but it sounds like there's proof Russia has dirt on Trump? Hearing CNN. Not sure if I'm accurate as my feed cuts out.

I think they're saying that the Russians have gathered intelligence during the hacks on the RNC to compromise trump once in the white house. Also that there is evidence that the trump surrogates were in fact communicating with Russia during the campaign.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Jesus, the Kremlin does have the tape of Trump raping coked up 14 year olds.

https://twitter.com/akarl_smith/status/818943511496105984
The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials.

Sources tell CNN that these same allegations about communications between the Trump campaign and the Russians, mentioned in classified briefings for congressional leaders last year, prompted then-Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid to send a letter to FBI Director Comey in October, in which he wrote, "It has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government -- a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States."
We are seriously living through some Deus Ex fanfic or something. The whole country was simply usurped by a former KGB agent's long game.

But nobody likes him. He's a charisma vacuum.
I'm just never going to underestimate or doubt anyone's ability to win ever again. If Trump can win anyone can.

He won not because people loved him but because Republicans hated their party so much they went "fuck it lol Trump"

Zuck could be the same benefactor of dissent amongst democratic voters if the party doesn't run someone popular and well liked enough

I'm just never going to underestimate or doubt anyone's ability to win ever again. If Trump can win anyone can.

He won not because people loved him but because Republicans hated their party so much they went "fuck it lol Trump"

Zuck could be the same benefactor of dissent amongst democratic voters if the party doesn't run someone popular and well liked enough
Zuckerberg is a piss poor public speaker. far less engaging than even Hillary.

Ecotic

Zuckerberg could be a very formidable candidate one day if he could patch up his lack of government and foreign policy experience, and maybe took night classes to finish a degree. Otherwise he's an unimpeachable American success story and a symbol of the knowledge and service-based economy of the 21st century. The guy lives on the west coast and has an intercultural marriage. He's the millenial's embrace of globalization personified.

Think we'll be better off speculating as to what can help someone win and going from there rather than downplaying the chances of people we don't like. Again.

Think we'll be better off speculating as to what can help someone win and going from there rather than downplaying the chances of people we don't like. Again.

You're only saying that because you're apparently defending the idea of a Zuck candidacy.

He's super unlikable. All of Silicon Valley is secret libertarians. No way would any of them make it. An idiot can see how to bait them into gaffes by just asking them about affirmative action or left wing economics; SV people like Zuckerberg can't help themselves.

Kusagari

Zuckerberg could be a very formidable candidate one day if he could patch up his lack of government and foreign policy experience, and maybe took night classes to finish a degree. Otherwise he's an unimpeachable American success story and a symbol of the knowledge and service-based economy of the 21st century. The guy lives on the west coast and has an intercultural marriage. He's the millenial's embrace of globalization personified.

He also has zero personality or charisma.

Candidates that aren't typical politicians live or die based off their presence and Zuckerberg has none.

Debirudog

I still hate him.

Kusagari

List of Republicans who ever lead Trump in the national polls:

Ben Carson

That's a special case because Carson was being fueled almost entirely by Evangelicals because of his story.

There's nothing like that on the liberal side to boost up Zuckerberg unless you really think millennials will vote for him just because he made Facebook.

You're only saying that because you're apparently defending the idea of a Zuck candidacy.

He's super unlikable. All of Silicon Valley is secret libertarians. No way would any of them make it. An idiot can see how to bait them into gaffes by just asking them about affirmative action or left wing economics; SV people like Zuckerberg can't help themselves.
Im defending what now?

I want zuckerberg and others like him to fuck off. And I'd like the proper measures taken by the party if possible to prevent self serving celebrities from hijacking the party and country

Downplaying Trumps chances and people assuming he couldn't win unquestionably helped him

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Im defending what now?

I want zuckerberg and others like him to fuck off. And I'd like the proper measures taken by the party if possible to prevent self serving celebrities from hijacking the party and country

Downplaying Trumps chances and people assuming he couldn't win unquestionably helped him

Whilst you are right to caution against arrogance, Trump has charisma and a style. Zuckerberg is a non-entity. He was played by Jesse Eisenberg. Jesse Eisenberg.

If Russians have information on Trump, than Trump is himself a national security issue. I said this before that the best why to go after the US without directly hurting the US is to go after Trump's businesses. The Russians would the ability to sell that information to any country( I don't expect the Russians to sell all the information, but perhaps some of it or some will be bride to sell some of it - anything can happen ); the countries would now have a leg up on the US and can target Trump's business. If the Russians can do it I can expect Iranians, Chinese, and others to find ways to gain that information as well.

Whilst you are right to caution against arrogance, Trump has charisma and a style. Zuckerberg is a non-entity. He was played by Jesse Eisenberg. Jesse Eisenberg.
Ok let's assume you are right and he falls flat on his face.

But what if it isn't just him? What if Leonardo DeCaprio, The Rock, and John Cena run too?

I can't even guarantee I wouldn't temporarily lose sanity and pull the trigger on one of them if they ran.

If they want in on the party they should be required to put the work in like Franken has

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom