• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

C3rgQiRVcAAvxMu.jpg:large

SAD!!!!

Too low energy to worry about that and MAGA at the same time!

Thing about Iran that confuses me is Russia. Aren't they allies Russia and Iran. Or does Putin really don't give a shit about Iran and wants Trump to edge them on.

I've been thinking about this, actually I think Ukraine is the answer. Iran being allowed back to world markets may be a threat to Russian influence on them. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the fear coming from the Kremlin. First a deal with Boeing than eventually they will moderate due to economic interests.

sphagnum

Banned
Can't wait for that Saudi-Iranian nuclear arms race.

Just imagine what will happen if Saudi Arabia collapses in the future due to climate change and there's a pile of nuclear material up for grabs.

Can't wait for that Saudi-Iranian nuclear arms race.

Just imagine what will happen if Saudi Arabia collapses in the future due to climate change and there's a pile of nuclear material up for grabs.

At least Saudi Arabia only has most of the holiest places in Islam and every extremist group will want to fight in a civil war to control that area.

Voter files are relatively public, though. They're free to access in some states, cost up to a couple hundred dollars in others.

I was reading something that a lot of the info they'd need to actually do an investigation they're barred from.

At least Saudi Arabia only has most of the holiest places in Islam and every extremist group will want to fight in a civil war to control that area.

"We're at civil war with Islam. Lets give what amounts to the current popes the bomb"

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
chrispalmeri ‏@chrispalmeri
Disney's Bob Iger will miss President Trump's CEO forum Friday due to a previously scheduled board meeting.

Heh, Bob Iger 'suddenly' remembered he had a board meeting tomorrow and can't make Trump's advisory forum.

It's so easy to be conspiratorial these days....

But, this is the conspiracy I'm most obsessed with:

Trump immediately started making public statements about going to war with Iran and Russia restarted their assault on Ukraine right after the Trump-Putin call.... Was that a deal? Abandoning allies to allow the other to go adventuring?

I shouldn't indulge this....

I've been thinking about this, actually I think Ukraine is the answer. Iran being allowed back to world markets may be a threat to Russian influence on them. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the fear coming from the Kremlin. First a deal with Boeing than eventually they will moderate due to economic interests.

Its substantially simpler than that. These are unilateral sanctions that won't hurt Iran but makes the US look weak and ineffective. That's why Obama spent years building up a coalition with Europe, China, and Russia to really put the screws to Iran. What Trump is doing here won't have any impact.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

It is all just odd. Boeing is a American company after all. After that Trump call everything seemed to happen oddly. Iran giving a warning shot, Putin and Trump having a not logged talk. Don't forget the call to Australia was Trumps least favorite of the day. I know it probably means shit but it can mean a lot.

Maybe Putin will stop trump!

Really don't think so. Putin trying to be the hero the whole time doesn't pan out.

Disney's Bob Iger will miss President Trump's CEO forum Friday due to a previously scheduled board meeting.

Heh, Bob Iger 'suddenly' remembered he had a board meeting tomorrow and can't make Trump's advisory forum.

There is no meeting. He is probably in a oh shit mode since Netflix disagrees with Trump 100% and most likely others. Ellen went on a rant too about but in a smart way to hide it. She used Finding Dory was a reference for everything since Trump watched it Sunday night.

So, does anyone here think I should make a thread about the distinctions of how to deal with different kinds of voters?

I feel like there have been so many threads where people go "We don't need ANY Trump voters" or "Being hateful and violent against a Nazi makes you just as bad as a Nazi" that perhaps people need a lesson in the intricacies of political influence on different types of voters.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Wtf? we went from relative peace with Iran to new sanctions, and missile tests within 2 weeks of this madman taking power.

Not to mention beef with Mexico and Australia....

This keeps getting worse and worse.

So, does anyone here think I should make a thread about the distinctions of how to deal with different kinds of voters?

I feel like there have been so many threads where people go "We don't need ANY Trump voters" or "Being hateful and violent against a Nazi makes you just as bad as a Nazi" that perhaps people need a lesson in the intricacies of political influence on different types of voters.

Not really.

The problem is the Trump supporters on this board like to disguise themselves as something else. They never truly declare themselves. They pop up as "moderate man" or an edge lord, who shits on everything.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Wtf? we went from relative peace with Iran to new sanctions, and missile tests within 2 weeks of this madman taking power.

Not to mention beef with Mexico and Australia....

This keeps getting worse and worse.

Just wait for North Korea to do a missile test.

Breaking: In 1st comments to UNSC, UN Amb. Nikki Haley issues "clear and strong condemnation of Russian actions" in #Ukraine

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/827268516873064451

Not really.

The problem is the Trump supporters on this board like to disguise themselves as something else. They never truly declare themselves. They pop up as "moderate man" or an edge lord, who shits on everything.

Well I was talking about more than just dealing with Trump supporters on this board.

Also, I already know the method of dealing with Trump supporters on NeoGAF, and while the mods told me I can't just post a giant wall of receipts, it's okay for me to post links to the relevant posts that prove the poster is not being honest. I could easily add that to the thread if I make it.

Teggy

How do you go from saying the problem is not guns, it's people with mental problems having guns to "let's put more guns in the hands of people with mental problems without making sure they can handle it."

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
How do you go from saying the problem is not guns, it's people with mental problems having guns to "let's put more guns in the hands of people with mental problems without making sure they can handle it."

NRA checks just cleared. That is how.

Because everything they say is a distraction. Gun manufacturers want no laws, so Republicans want no laws. End of story. Gun crime could increase tenfold and nothing will change.

Remember when people were all like "OMG that rascally Trump he's going to turn his allegations of voter fraud into a pretext to strip rights?"

Turns out that yes, he really is just that thin skinned.

(Don't get me wrong, Bannon is absolutely going to get around to that, but I am 100% certain that this particular bit of nonsense was Trump's ego lashing out).

By never actually sincerely meaning the first thing.

The Republicans are the party of sociopaths. Their leadership is without the ability to feel empathy. That they're totally uninterested in trying to solve gun violence really shouldn't be a surprise.

UberTag

It's so easy to be conspiratorial these days....

But, this is the conspiracy I'm most obsessed with:

Trump immediately started making public statements about going to war with Iran and Russia restarted their assault on Ukraine right after the Trump-Putin call.... Was that a deal? Abandoning allies to allow the other to go adventuring?

I shouldn't indulge this....
That's not being a conspiracy theorist. That's simply reading the tea leaves.
Shifts in policy don't happen in a vacuum.

So one of my professors today spent 30 minutes ranting about how we need to abolish the fed.

I wonder if the people who claim that colleges are so liberal have ever set foot in a business/economics department.

Bannon/Trump care little about converting the Disapprove column -- their goal is to further radicalize the people in the Approve column.

Doesn't that ultimately help the non window-lickers' cause? Double down attention on the snowflakes who elected you and are already on board no matter what you do, all while pissing off all the moderates and left. That has to be a good thing for us in 2018 and beyond.

kirblar

So one of my professors today spent 30 minutes ranting about how we need to abolish the fed.

I wonder if the people who claim that colleges are so liberal have ever set foot in a business/economics department.
Lemme guess, he's tenured. And he's also probably not an actual economist (or if he is, he's an Austrian.)

dramatis

I don't know why Disney thinks they should get in bed with Trump now in particular. They can't break James Cameron's box office record without China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom