• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breads

Banned
oZLVUUE.jpg

the McMahon family in the Oval Office

We are living in an Adam Sandler movie.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Here's a question: What female Democratic candidate do you think is relatable?

Others have said a few. Again, if Michelle could run, we'd be golden, but that isn't happening.

I personally like Patty Murray, the senator from Washington. Came from a big family, father was a WW2 veteran, family was on welfare at one point. Spent years as an elementary school teacher.

She's relatable, especially to women. Part of her persona is that she wants to appear just like any other mother.

EDIT: And I'll just leave it at that. I get that Trump is Nixon-esque in terms of threat to the presidency, but I am far more unwilling to just throw everything out the window at the drop of a hat, especially when, frankly, we've dealt with Nixon without having to nuke the Constitution from orbit. I get there are people who are far more about ends justify the means and far more willing to go to extra-Constitutional means to get that W - but even as someone who is relatively impacted (brown man with a beard whose family lives in rural IL) by the insanity going on, I'm genuinely terrified that American society's focus on winning at all costs is going to cost us our republic / democracy, and maybe it's not as apparent right now, but this country's freaking special and I don't want it to turn into Europe 2.0.

This is where I'll leave it as well since it's why I disagree with you. Donald Trump is not a normal Republican. Nixon oversaw the end of Vietnam and opened relations with China. Trump might nuke places if he feels like it.

You're framing it incorrectly.
Trump's travel-ban EO wasn't "conservative", but arguably unconstitutional, and I would think Gorsuch and other conservative judges would feel the same.

A lot of things have been ruled constitutional that shouldn't have been. There's no guarantee at all that the Court in 4 years won't have its own Dred Scott decision.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Stephen Miller's Twitter avatar is the only instance of that image on the internet, that's his account. Holy shit, he's an open Nazi.

Anybody submit this story to WaPo or the NYT on Twitter? Seems like something they'd want to cover.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Anybody submit this story to WaPo or the NYT on Twitter? Seems like something they'd want to cover.

Condemning someone for following a white supremacist feels like reaching. I mean, a lot of people in this thread follow Trump but don't support him including myself.

If he starts retweeting or liking posts that is a different story.

Condemning someone for following a white supremacist feels like reaching. I mean, a lot of people in this thread follow Trump but don't support him including myself.

He liked a tweet from David Duke about Pizzagate yesterday.

Plinko

Did you even read the posts above? It was a day ago, and he liked a Duke tweet.

kcp12304

Banned

His follower list is small enough and looks fairly selective. No randomly following users. He also liked one tweet.

He does follow Rubio who he hates though.

Plinko

For those who didn't see the OT link, allies have also intercepted communications between Trump's advisers and Russia before the inauguration.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
For those who didn't see the OT link, allies have also intercepted communications between Trump's advisers and Russia before the inauguration.

It's not really shocking, especially after our intelligence community went around giving everyone else a head's up.

UberTag

Shane and his wife as well I think? I thought Steph / HHH have three daughters
Yeah, Triple H and Steph have three daughters.
Shane and his wife have three sons.

Aunt Steph appears to be adopting one of Shane's kids in that White House photo.

#BREAKING All @HouseJudiciary Republicans vote against @HouseJudDems' efforts to examine @realDonaldTrump/WH ties to #RussianHacking.

https://twitter.com/repswalwell/status/831970813553295360

Not sure if this is old. Time stamp is a hour or so.
Just refer to the Republicans as traitors until they capitulate.
If they had nothing to hide, they'd cooperate in the interests of national security.

Ernest

Banned
#BREAKING All @HouseJudiciary Republicans vote against @HouseJudDems' efforts to examine @realDonaldTrump/WH ties to #RussianHacking.

https://twitter.com/repswalwell/status/831970813553295360

Not sure if this is old. Time stamp is a hour or so.

Fuckin' A! They don't even want to KNOW if Trump did anything wrong.
And you know they fully suspect that he did, because if they really thought he was free and clear, why not examine, why not look into his taxes?

Fucking cowards, the lot of them.

Fuckin' A! They don't even want to KNOW if Trump did anything wrong.
And you know they fully suspect that he did, because if they really thought he was free and clear, why not examine, why not look into his taxes?

Fucking cowards, the lot of them.

That's because once the digging starts, you know congressional peeps are going to be implicated also....

Wouldn't be surprised if many people in the GOP would love to see the way things work in Russia happen in the US.

lol Dino Rossi

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...the-Washington-Senate-and-turn-the-state-blue

Folks, we've got a big one here. In Washington's state Senate, there are 25 Democrats and 24 Republicans, but thanks to turncoat "Democrat" Tim Sheldon, Republicans have controlled the chamber since 2013. That ridiculous state of affairs—Washington is very blue, and both the governorship and state House are held by Democrats—might, however, finally be about to end.

Last October, Republican state Sen. Andy Hill, who represented a Democratic-leaning district northeast of Seattle, died of lung cancer; former state Sen. Dino Rossi, a fellow Republican who's unsuccessfully run for statewide office many times, was appointed in his stead. Democrats had vigorously challenged Hill in 2014, but his personal popularity (plus the GOP wave) allowed him to hang on by a 53-47 margin.

Now, though, there will be a special election this November, and Democrats have a very good chance at a pickup. This district, the 45th, voted for Hillary Clinton last year by an overwhelming 65-28 margin; four years earlier, it went for Barack Obama 58-40. When you add those numbers together with the intense progressive desire to strike back at Trump and the fact that control of the Senate—and with it, the entire state government—is at stake, you simply don't get a better opportunity.

What's more, Democrats just recruited a very strong candidate, prosecutor Manka Dhingra, while Republicans still haven't figured out who they're running. Rossi hasn't made up his mind, though it sounds like he's viewing the position as a placeholder job. But no matter who picks up the baton for the GOP, they're going to have a hell of a time hanging on to a seat where Trump got just 28 percent of the vote.

And if Democrats can win back the Senate, they'll be able to implement a host of progressive ideas that Republicans have stymied for years. It's no exaggeration to say that this race is going to be the top legislative contest of 2017, so strap in.

royalan

There won't be a debate. The alt-right is not about dialog. It is about using the current institutions to undermine confidence in just those institutions to grow a fringe. Giving him a forum is losing the argument.

Exactly.

You accomplish nothing. You just lose for inviting him on.

Hooray. Let's primary Bill Nelson the only successful statewide Democrat in FL since 1994. That will teach the DNC a lesson.

http://www.politico.com/states/flor...lectorate-scott-in-2018-senate-contest-109614

“I’m not sure how strong Nelson will be in the general election this time around, and a number of folks trying to convince me to run think Rick Scott will have his way with Bill Nelson,” said Tim Canova, a Nova Southeastern University law school professor who unsuccessfully challenged then-Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz in her congressional reelection last year.

Bwhahahahaha

Omfg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom