• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Ah the media drooling because he can read a script.

So cute, he didn't pee in his pants!

The liberal media is extremely bipolar.

Speaking of mental illness:

H. A. Goodman‏ @HAGOODMANAUTHOR 7h7 hours ago

.@KimDotcom be careful with @cnn, @washingtonpost and @TheYoungTurks. They attacked @rodwheeler yet he never backtracked biggest claims

lol

Michael Barbaro‏Verified account
@mikiebarb

Trump says he will "help Saudis get a good deal from US defense companies" -- not a traditional remark from a US president.
#AmericaFirst

Glenn Thrush‏Verified account @GlennThrush 35m35 minutes ago

Santorum on @CNN just claimed that Trump's friendly Riyadh speech negates his 'Muslim ban' statements - so courts will now rule in WH favor.

I'm sure the courts are going to reverse their order tomorrow morning in light of this new development

Trump will inevitably have his few good days.

Doesn't change the fact that most of his days will still be negative.

It's just how so ridiculously low the bar is.

"oh he didn't tweet, didn't make a mess, wow why can't he be like this all the time" rinse and repeat

Ryuuroden

The liberal media is extremely bipolar.

Speaking of mental illness:

H. A. Goodman‏ @HAGOODMANAUTHOR 7h7 hours ago

.@KimDotcom be careful with @cnn, @washingtonpost and @TheYoungTurks. They attacked @rodwheeler yet he never backtracked biggest claims

lol

Ha that's good man

/s

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Michael Barbaro‏Verified account
@mikiebarb

Trump says he will "help Saudis get a good deal from US defense companies" -- not a traditional remark from a US president.

#AmericaFirst

Hope that's on video, because that will play wonderfully to those red districts in 2018.

Democrats need that plastered everywhere in rural communities.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Dave Weigel
Dave Weigel‏ @daveweigel
Both Gateway Pundit and The Rebel, which have spread the Seth Rich conspiracy theory, have reporters at the WH press briefing.
May 21, 2017, 1:50 PM

Amazing.

It's just how so ridiculously low the bar is.

"oh he didn't tweet, didn't make a mess, wow why can't he be like this all the time" rinse and repeat

But the fact that the bar is being held low in and of itself solidifies the negative narrative around Trump.

Let Trump have his happy days. It only makes him that much more vulnerable to lashing out when more bad news leaks.

It sucks, but as soon as Trump finally goes down, expect the crazier new sources to be kicked out.

Tillerson seems to strongly dislike the US press in particular. Really weird.

https://twitter.com/samswey/status/865602050209357825

Disgusting. I didn't know it was that bad. I knew Louisiana was a total shit hole but damn.

Yeah, saw this the other day. It's super fucked up. They've literally got that slaveholder plantation lifestyle going on.

FyreWulff

Disgusting. I didn't know it was that bad. I knew Louisiana was a total shit hole but damn.

The amendment that bans slavery specifically keeps it legal for prisoners. Was only a moment of time before the southern whites who never got removed from power for losing a war would start trumping up charges against black communities in an effort to keep them where they wanted them.

We really should go back and ban slavery universally.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The amendment that bans slavery specifically keeps it legal for prisoners. Was only a moment of time before the southern whites who never got removed from power for losing a war would start trumping up charges against black communities in an effort to keep them where they wanted them.

We really should go back and ban slavery universally.

Yup, the documentary 13th on Netflix is great. Very much recommended viewing on the prison-industrial complex.

Yes it is fucked, but think of it as another thing to add to list of things Democrats can do to solidify power once they take it. I already had on the list:

- National ID system that can't be denied by Voter ID laws
- Raising the number of house seats (excluding DC's 3 given by the constitution) from 435 to 800+
- Create a new set of areas that must pass the VRA's pre-clearance

Now I can add:

- Pass a federal law that frees anyone who was only jailed for non-violent drug use and then pass laws that protect the voting rights of anyone who was only jailed for non-violent drug use.

And we'll have the perfect cover for it with the need for drug policy reform.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yes it is fucked, but think of it as another thing to add to list of things Democrats can do to solidify power once they take it. I already had on the list:

- National ID system that can't be denied by Voter ID laws
- Raising the number of house seats (excluding DC's 3 given by the constitution) from 435 to 800+
- Create a new set of areas that must pass the VRA's pre-clearance

Now I can add:

- Pass a federal law that frees anyone who was only jailed for non-violent drug use and then pass laws that protect the voting rights of anyone who was only jailed for non-violent drug use.

And we'll have the perfect cover for it with the need for drug policy reform.

Why not just make VRA pre-clearence for the whole nation?

So Bel Edwards isn't doing anything about this?

What could he do that would actually work long term? If he tries to pardon the drug crimes he'll just be kicked out of office and then the police will find new bullshit drug charges to lock people up again for.

You can't permanently fix states like Louisiana until you either weaken to voting power of rural whites there or find a way to stop conservatives from disenfranchising minorities.

JBE signed a bill into law that makes resisting arrest a hate crime.

... That's clearly the most racist bill passed in America in a long while, soooooooo.

Is the Louisiana house and senate strongly GOP? Because if so what was JBE supposed to do? Veto the bill only to have it overturned by the La house and senate? Only difference there is that JBE would basically have to kiss the governor seat goodbye.

If you don't want democratic governors in states like La to have to be like JBE, then you have to find a way to change the balance of voting power in that state so that minorities can easily outvote rural whites.

Is the Louisiana house and senate strongly GOP? Because if so what was JBE supposed to do? Veto the bill only to have it overturned by the La house and senate? Only difference there is that JBE would basically have to kiss the governor seat goodbye.

If you don't want democratic governors in states like La to have to be like JBE, then you have to find a way to change the balance of voting power in that state so that minorities can easily outvote rural whites.

I know.

I just don't think JBE will help reduce the amount of slavery in Louisiana.

Mr.Shrugglesツ;237565845 said:
oh

9zUV3GX.gif

3terYUn.gif

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, so the Mattis/Trump islam speech ended up being ok?

Probably the most shocking thing about this administration so far.

Wait, so the Mattis/Trump islam speech ended up being ok?

Probably the most shocking thing about this administration so far.

Doing the bare minimum is something that you don't know Trump is capable of doing , but I never expected to him shit-talk Islam, maybe rant a little bit. He IS capable of sticking to a script......that sounds like the saddest thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom