• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevitivity

When the Whitehouse almost does a 180 on their "lies, fake news is on a witch hunt" to "well, why are you complaining about Donald Trump leaking info to Russia? Don't you want to beat ISIS huh?".

The hilarity of this administration is that most of the leaks are proven to be reasonable or true because of Donald Trump's and his Whitehouse's own actions.

The president can declassify any information. Period. This isn't a crime.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Ok, so whats your "standard of proof "?

Understanding how fucking journalism works and not succumbing to a bunch of partisan bullshit because you can't be bothered to educate yourself.

The same journalist at the New York Times broke the story about Clinton's emails and Comey's memos. Because they get sources, they vet them, and they report on them regardless of what the implications are.

The fact that the last week was an utter disaster for Trump doesn't mean career journalists are making shit up. It means the president is an unqualified, chaos-sowing moron who can neither keep his own house in line nor his own foot out of his mouth.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

You can use similar logic to say the President can't commit any crime at all, given the way the government is set up.

Doesn't mean he can't or shouldn't be impeached and removed from office for things that would be crimes if anyone but the president did it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

Yeah this is a perfect example. There are precisely two possible explanations for this post:

1) You have zero critical thinking skills
2) You have a predetermined bias that you are not willing to deviate from

That Trump is allowed to declassify the information is NOT the point. It's that it's clearly wantonly irresponsible to do so.

And the post you responded to was talking about the White House's immediate lies and inconsistent explanations about what happened. Not that he was allowed to do it. That was like their fourth explanation. After: it didn't happen at all FAKE NEWS; it happened but it's none of your business; it happened but he was joking, etc.

1) The article you're linking is fucking two months old
2) The article you're linking does not contain the quote you attributed to it
3) The quote you sourced comes from a Breitbart article, which tells me all I need to know about your personal standard of proof

Holy hell. Ripping a false quote is pretty sketchy.

Also, Greenwald has always been in Jill Stein territory for his willful ignorance on Russia.

Kevitivity

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree Emerson

BTW, I love your twitter comments You come across as considerate and thoughtful. I know we both want the best for the US even though we disagree on the methods.

Peace.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Holy hell. Ripping a false quote is pretty sketchy.

Also, Greenwald has always been in Jill Stein territory for his willful ignorance on Russia.

I don't follow everything Greenwald says, so maybe I'm missing his big pro-russia statements, but in general it's unfair to compare Greenwald to Stein.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Personally I enjoy the thought of somebody googling my Steam username and looking for a Twitter handle under the same name, then combing through it looking for something to embarrass me with. Then, failing to do so, just giving up and tossing out a casual mention that they wasted their own time.

Feel free to check out my Twitter, if you want. Got a nice little short story about Trump you can buy and everything!

Murder isn't a crime for the president either. In fact, he or she cannot be charged with any crime while in office.

The only real misconduct is "high crimes and misdemeanors" which the house of representatives can define at will.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

shem935

Banned

This you retweeting Donald Trump proclaiming police week? https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/865387523371143168

Mr. I care about civil liberties? Except for all the black peoples civil liberties when they get killed by cops.

How bout re tweeting this nonsense about how trump doesn't bow to saudi kings? https://twitter.com/Kevitivity/status/865975237518557190
Straight propaganda from right wing sources? Where's your standard of proof?

And I'm pretty sure this is you as you reference gaf in your most recent tweet. https://twitter.com/Kevitivity/status/866160754285723648

Oooohhh seth rich conspiracy theories Mr. Standard of Proof? Not a good look. https://twitter.com/Kevitivity/status/864321487540428801

Zolo

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree Emerson

BTW, I love your twitter comments You come across as considerate and thoughtful. I know we both want the best for the US even though we disagree on the methods.

Peace.

Just so you know, researching info on users outside of Neogaf and posting about it here is discouraged.

This you retweeting Donald Trump proclaiming police week? https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/865387523371143168

Mr. I care about civil liberties? Except for all the black peoples civil liberties when they get killed by cops.

How bout re tweeting this nonsense about how trump doesn't bow to saudi kings? https://twitter.com/Kevitivity/status/865975237518557190

And I'm pretty sure this is you as you reference gaf in your most recent tweet. https://twitter.com/Kevitivity/status/866160754285723648

Oooohhh seth rich conspiracy theories Mr. Standard of Proof? Not a good look. https://twitter.com/Kevitivity/status/864321487540428801
0tIGDcX.gif

Jesus, what a fucking embarrassment. What's wrong with you, Kevitivity?

SexyFish

Banned
If you actually think those threatening tweets were from me, they absolutely were not. I only just now saw them after following the links above.

I mean he believes shitty conspiracy theories, I'm sure he thinks you like to speak broken english tweet threats to him too.

Okay, so I have to say this.

The Seth Rich conspiracy is literally the dumbest conspiracy of all time.

With most conspiracies, the people covering it up are people who don't want the "truth" to get out.

But this conspiracy is that Rich emailed Assange before getting murdered.

... But if Rich sent those emails to Assange... Then Assange can just publish the emails.

Conspiracy theorists have somehow gotten dumber since 9/11 Truth days and I wanna scream.

AntoneM

With most conspiracies, the people covering it up are people who don't want the "truth" to get out.

... But if Rich sent those emails to Assange... Then Assange can just publish the emails.

Conspiracy theorists have somehow gotten dumber since 9/11 Truth days and I wanna scream.

Nah, they have been the same dumb. It's just that "The 9/11 Conspiracy" gave them something that they could rally other people around. I mean, Oliver Stone was able to re-litigate the Kennedy assassination in mainstream media through a fictional movie (based on true events) by providing the conspiracy theory in movie form.

Like I said, you are expecting good conspiracy theories when one of today's conspiracy theories (flat earth) can LITERALLY be debunked by the existence of map projections.

And this was after we had Gamergate show us how millennial white manbabies are capable of thinking that Wikipedia is part of some grand conspiracy to
cover up "Shady Games Journalism".

Or better yet lets remember all the dumbasses that so obsessively thought Anita Sarkesian was trying to censor games that they welcomed Jack Thompson onto their side, a man who was ACTUALLY trying to censor games.

Remember when we thought "wow it really can't get any lower than that infamous 'refrigerator' statistic on Fox News"? Well at least that refrigerator statistic was based on actual statistics rather than a bunch of conspiracy nonsense.

Like I said, you are expecting good conspiracy theories when one of today's conspiracy theories (flat earth) can LITERALLY be debunked by the existence of map projections.

Remember when we thought "wow it really can't get any lower than that infamous 'refrigerator' statistic on Fox News"? Well at least that refrigerator statistic was based on actual statistics rather than a bunch of conspiracy nonsense.

Lol, holy shit I had never seen that before.

When did Fox have a British anchor?

Wait, the conspiracy isn't that Hillary and Donna Brazile had him killed in retaliation?

it's both - that seth emailed wikileaks the datadump and then hillary had him killed for it

which is dumb because we already know it was an external russian hack. which we know from the FBI and NSA. and if the fbi would really go to THOSE LENGTHS to frame a foreign country then wouldn't comey also go to great lengths to not hold a disastrous press conference for hillary clinton or do the whole email thing / throwing the election thing? none of it makes sense but i've long given up on assuming that people are rational

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
That is the ultimate conclusion of the conspiracy.

But a major part of the conspiracy is that Rich emailed Assange.

... But then Assange could just produce the emails.
Ah, so it's not just that he helped them in some vague way, but that there are specific emails that haven't actually been seen. I got it.

I obviously haven't looked into it very much.

Between Seth Rich and Anthony Weiner, Killary definitely made the wrong choice.

according to my dad, anthony weiner was a politically arranged marriage to get a jew to marry an arab and make hillary look multicultural, even though we[sic] all know that an arab would never marry a jew.

i want to post an eyeroll gif but the insinuation is pretty disgusting imo

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
according to my dad, anthony weiner was a politically arranged marriage to get a jew to marry an arab and make hillary look multicultural, even though we[sic] all know that an arab would never marry a jew.

i want to post an eyeroll gif but the insinuation is pretty disgusting imo
I'm not telling you how to live, but I think if that was my dad, I'd have to stop talking to him.

Cornel West is still a piece of shit, if you were wondering. Even David fucking Frum is making more sense than this blathering idiot.

Even when Maher is right he's an asshole lol...

I mean West is nonsense but Maher basically used a story about police brutality against black folk to take a cheap shot at West for his nonsensical views on Clinton...

Total shit move. Even if West losing his mind about Clinton (I was waiting for she smells like sulfur) was mildly entertaining.

Zolo

it's both - that seth emailed wikileaks the datadump and then hillary had him killed for it

which is dumb because we already know it was an external russian hack. which we know from the FBI and NSA. and if the fbi would really go to THOSE LENGTHS to frame a foreign country then wouldn't comey also go to great lengths to not hold a disastrous press conference for hillary clinton or do the whole email thing / throwing the election thing? none of it makes sense but i've long given up on assuming that people are rational

Also that they could just charge Seth with crimes for doing so anyway if he did such. No reason to have some secret plot to murder him.

Also that they could just charge Seth with crimes for doing so anyway if he did such. No reason to have some secret plot to murder him.

I think that part of the conspiracy theory is that they killed him so that they could blame the leaks on Russians so Hillary could start World War 3 or to look like victims.

this whole fucking is stupid. like these people know a year ago that this guy was murdered by the DNC and were like "nah don't wanna interfere with an election." it's just disgusting. I hope the family is able to get Sean Hannity to retract and apologize (or, even better, resign).

Zolo

I hope the family is able to get Sean Hannity to retract and apologize (or, even better, resign).

Yeah. I hope Hannity gets taken to task for pulling this shit. I don't like Fox News in general, but from what I've seen of Hannity, he should be on youtube pandering to his audience for views. Not a mainstream news channel.

chadskin

President Donald Trump is making plans for another foreign trip as he eases into his first.

Trump said Sunday he would accept an invitation made by Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi to visit Egypt. Trump said the visit would happen before long.

Trump is also calling el-Sissi his “friend” and praising him for the release of U.S. aid worker Aya Hijazi, who had been held captive for three years.

Through a translator, el-Sissi said Trump “had a unique personality” that allowed him “to do the impossible.”

Trump smiled and said “I agree.”

Trump was also overheard complimenting el-Sissi’s shoes.
https://apnews.com/5da3e447301a49ab9639d39d7708b7c7

dead.jpg

Ooh, North Korea is desperate for senpai to notice them again. (They fired another missile)

Weren't those quaint times, when our immediate fear of Trump was him actually looking to start a war over there? Those quaint times.... what, 3-4 weeks ago? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom