• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you fucking kidding me

r35Pqp.png

hahaha

ha

= (

r35Pqp.png

Oops already posted.

What happens when this inevitably leads to a defamation lawsuit from Seth Rich's family?

Yeah you can attack public figures because of the nature of public figures. But lying about the nature of the death of a nobody seems like a bad move with legal consequences. It's why Alex Jones took down his pizza gate video.

I mean, that happens to Alex Jones all the time, he reads his lawyers apology, pays the lawsuit and continues doing it.

I guess I just predict that going the full on conspiracy route is gonna fuck over Fox News.

Like, before before Trump, fox was very deliberate at never EXPLICITLY promoting a conspiracy. It was always carefully coded words. For example they would say that the media was left leaning and biased against republicans and use the term "mainstream media", but they would never outright say that the media was conspiring against them. Or you would have shit like Neil Cavuto's loaded questions as headlines like "Bush: Best President Ever?".

But now they have lost all subtlety to it. Now it is literally just them claiming every dumb conspiracy there is and claiming that anything that disagrees with them is in on the conspiracy.

And I get what some of you are thinking. "Well their base will eat it up." But if Fox News was able to get away with just being exactly like talk radio and breitbart, they would have done that shit from the start. But they didn't because going full-breitbart has too many problems such as:

- Advertisers start wanting to pull when your hosts inevitably start saying REALLY stupid shit
- Turning off moderates and quasi-moderates that may have previously been willing to watch Fox News when the bias was much more subtle and hard to point out
- Making it easier for everyone outside the fanbase to completely dismiss you as a source because you aren't even subtle at what you are doing
- Starting to actually dip in ratings because the vast majority of viewers of news and politics are looking to scratch an anti-trump itch now, not a "I want suck up to what is now technically the American establishment" itch. Yes I just called Trump part of the American Establishment.

I've seen this shit first hand. My mom used to watch Fox News all the damn time. But since she hates Trump, she barely watches the channel at all. She's still fairly conservative, but hilariously going full Breitbart has actually made it much easier for me to loosen that network's grip on her.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand the meaning or context of this.

Kim Dotcom is a crazy conspiracy theorist with no credibility offering to speak about a crazy anti-hillary conspiracy theory.

Basically Hannity might as well be Alex Jones at this point, the king conspiracy theorist with absolutely no credibility whatsoever with anyone but his fans.

Ernest

Banned
Kim Dotcom is a crazy conspiracy theorist with no credibility offering to speak about a crazy anti-hillary conspiracy theory.

Basically Hannity might as well be Alex Jones at this point, the king conspiracy theorist with absolutely no credibility whatsoever with anyone but his fans.
Wat?

Who even fucking cares about Hillary at this point?
Jesus.
These fucking guys...

Three reasons:

1) Because rural flight isn't just movement from rural areas to urban areas. It's also a lot of movement into suburban areas. And eventually those suburban areas become big and diverse like the urban areas and start voting like urban areas.

2) Because this rural flight can happen not just on an inter-state basis, but also on an intrastate basis, meaning that you end up having otherwise red states start building up populated blue cities (like we are seeing with Texas)

3) Because gerrymandering still has to divide districts evenly in terms of number of residents, and as more and more people leave rural areas, that means those rural areas start getting less representation (assuming the same factors of gerrymandering)

I'll add that rural flight is a shotgun to the face, economically speaking. Any town that experiences this kind of population decline is guaranteed to lose most jobs and go for the boarded up windows architecture. And regardless of who's to blame, people blame their immediate elected officials for it completely.

Now, this isn't much a Republican problem in the South since most small towns here are already shitholes; there's nothing to compare them to. But if you take a rural town in a state that isn't at the bottom of virtually every metric-sorted list of the 50 states and blow its economy up, those people take notice.

edit: And I just figured out that Hannity tweet. There's supposed to be a comma after "buckle up" and then "destroy Trump media" is a noun. Couldn't for the life of me understand that shit.

Slacker

Along with the headscarves thing, add the Trump tweet about Obama bowing to the Saudi king to the list of Things Trump Falsely Accused Someone Else Of Then Did Himself. Although I don't know if it technically counts since he actually curtsied instead of bowing.

This CNN documentary on Trump is really poorly made. For instance, they keep calling Trump by the wrong name, Nixon.
it's actually well made

Also eerily, nixon lambasted leakers the same way Trump tries to.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

r35Pqp.png

Oops already posted.

"I think they're gonna take Hillary down. This might just hand Trump the presidency. You mark my words. At the very least this piping hot spicy memeburger will obliterate the terrible failing Washington Times. Or is it post? Hey Conway which one does that Jesus oriental own?"

. Although I don't know if it technically counts since he actually curtsied instead of bowing.

It's called a Cuck-Squat. Betas have to do it to watch their wives through the keyhole with superior alphas.

Tamanon

Banned
I think they're gonna take Hillary down. This might just hand Trump the presidency. You mark my words. At the very least this piping hot spicy memeburger will obliterate the terrible failing Washington Times. Or is it post? Hey Conway which one does that Jesus oriental own?

It's kinda weird. I wonder if Hannity just pre-recorded all these shows expecting Hillary to win also.

Kevitivity

Tommy DJ

No doubt, the articles can't really be proven but how do you prove them without practically killing your inside sources?

If Donald Trump and his Whitehouse were consistent in their messaging, they'd probably be able to muddy the waters enough that the majority of people would give him the benefit of doubt. But their approach to tackling these leaks, all the goalpost shifting and backpedaling by Spicer and friends give credence to these leaks.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

1) The article you're linking is fucking two months old
2) The article you're linking does not contain the quote you attributed to it
3) The quote you sourced comes from a Breitbart article, which tells me all I need to know about your personal standard of proof

Tamanon

Banned
Anonymous sourcing has been a key of news forever. It's not like the NYT suddenly starts believing any kook that feeds them info. They cross-reference information.

Anonymous sourcing has been a key of news forever. It's not like the NYT suddenly starts believing any kook that feeds them info. They cross-reference information.

If I understand it correctly, the source is often known to the reporter just not revealed to anyone else except perhaps a few people at the news organization.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What does it look like when a White Nationalist is surrounded by brown people?

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/866100749167718400

That's the hardest I've laughed in a long time, even in a week where we have McConnell's heart break in real time on camera.

So great.

EDIT: Ok, on rewatch, McConnell losing his grin on learning of the news of a special prosecutor is still pretty great.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/864974483072978944

I don't know which one I like more, both are so good.

Kevitivity

No doubt, the articles can't really be proven but how do you prove them without practically killing your inside sources?

If Donald Trump and his Whitehouse were consistent in their messaging, they'd probably be able to muddy the waters enough that the majority of people would give him the benefit of doubt. But their approach to tackling these leaks, all the goalpost shifting and backpedaling by Spicer and friends give credence to these leaks.

I think you are absolutely right.

3) The quote you sourced comes from a Breitbart article, which tells me all I need to know about your personal standard of proof

I can picture Kevitivity posting this article and thinking "those lefties love Glenn Greenwald, right? This is really going to blow their minds."

Kevitivity

Ok, so whats your "standard of proof "?

Tommy DJ

Ok, so whats your "standard of proof "?

When the Whitehouse almost does a 180 on their "lies, fake news is on a witch hunt" to "well, why are you complaining about Donald Trump leaking info to Russia? Don't you want to beat ISIS huh?".

The hilarity of this administration is that most of the leaks are proven to be reasonable or true because of Donald Trump's and his Whitehouse's own actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom