• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Senate%20Ratings%20Graphic%20081617.2%20copy.png

http://cookpolitical.com/analysis/senate/senate-overview/senate-rating-changes-five-races

Dooooomed.

67% is really bad considering how cult like the GOP base has been in supporting him.

Edit: Also 34% overall approve of the response, 35% think he assigned blame correctly. 34-35% is the magic number truly. Hard to see these people ever abandoning him unless they start dying.

Perhaps some of them is hoping he pass a bill sometime soon and that is only reason he/she continues supporting Trump. I say Trump will get around the 24-29% before the end of the year if he has more legislative failures in the fall.

That OT thread made my heart skip a beat. Oh well...

At least we can be assured that any of Trump's post-presidential statues will be the most defaced ever after he's out.

Dierce

Of course, these statues are almost all cheap and ugly, mass produced crap erected specifically to attempt to change history and push the "Lost Cause" narrative by the UDC.

The exact same idiots who defend those statues are the ones who criticize 'participation trophies.' The irony.

Ernest

Banned
As with most things out of Trump's mouth, the permit excuse is pure bullshit.

On Saturday, when the major violence occurred, people started gathering in Emancipation Park. Charlottesville Police Chief Al S. Thomas Jr. told The Post the white-nationalist groups went back on a plan that would have kept them separated from the counter-protesters. The two sides started clashing, and by 11:22 a.m. police had declared an unlawful assembly.

“I think what the president is trying to say is that counter-protesters did not have a permit to be in Emancipation Park,” Heinicke said. “That’s irrelevant.” He added: “Either way you cut it, the president got it wrong.”

The White House declined to comment.

President Trump twice claimed that counter-protesters lacked a permit to demonstrate in Charlottesville. But they did have permits for rallies on Saturday — and they did not need one to go into or gather near Emancipation Park, where white nationalists scheduled their rally. No permits were needed to march on the U-Va. campus on Friday night.

"I like to have all the facts in first", my ass!

Kusagari

Sadly, removal of Confederate statues is not popular among population as a whole. Because most people don't know their own history.

The fact the statues themselves are constantly referred to as part of "history" is part of what obscures it. The majority of the public is probably clueless and thinks these popped up during the Civil War and not in fucking 2010. Some statue from 1960 or 2000 memorializing the Confederacy is not a part of history.

The fact the statues themselves are constantly referred to as part of "history" is part of what obscures it. The majority of the public is probably clueless and thinks these popped up during the Civil War and not in fucking 2010. Some statue from 1960 or 2000 memorializing the Confederacy is not a part of history.
Casually step into any thread on removing the statues here and this is instantly confirmed. People think these are artifacts from the 1860s, sculpted by actual artists and hold significant value. When they're actually mass produced junk statues put up in the early/mid 1900s. Or in some cases, within the last decade.

I find it funny to think about the warehouse where they store 600 nearly identical junk statues just because apparently we need to store them all.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40960053

Earlier in the week, the Daily Stormer was set up as a site on the dark web and later relocated its open web presence to a Russian domain name ending ".ru".
A spokesman for the Russian media watchdog Roskomnadzor said it had asked web firm Ru-Center to shut this down.
A BBC check on Thursday morning found that the .ru address no longer appeared to be working.

Huh, walked by a TV with Fox Business on and caught Varney, of all people, going on a rant basically telling Trump to cut the crap. Never have seen him this critical of the cheeto before.

Huh, walked by a TV with Fox Business on and caught Varney, of all people, going on a rant basically telling Trump to cut the crap. Never have seen him this critical of the cheeto before.

If youre a consetvative or Even if you're a klansmen you shouldnt be happy with what Trumps doing, republicans might lose the house because he cant keep his mouth shut.

Perhaps some of them is hoping he pass a bill sometime soon and that is only reason he/she continues supporting Trump. I say Trump will get around the 24-29% before the end of the year if he has more legislative failures in the fall.
If there's a government shutdown on Trump's watch that approval rating is going down.

What are the chances the government gets shutdown? What would they be arguing about exactly?

At this point, the biggest risk of a shut down is Trump vetoing the resolution if he feels the Democrats made too many wins out it (which they will, since the HFC will ruin any chance of a "real" GOP budget)

Huge line of people turning themselves in for Durham statue "I am Spartacus" style.

I like seeing this civil disobedience. For awhile I thought Americans were getting too afraid to have themselves arrested for a cause. I know I certainly am.

Trump will not resign unless he sees the end of the road or impeachment process coming, and he quits so Pence can pardon him

He's around until 2018/2019 at the very least

Mike M

Nick N
Do they even make deals like "you won't go to jail if you resign"

That sounds outside the scope of a plea deal.
It's a deal he would make with Pence and GOP leadership.

And resigning by this fall seems... Optimistic. But I respect his insight into what passes for Trump's mind, and who knows how many disasters he'll have in the next three months. Could happen!

wutwutwut

Oh, the thing Germany's been doing. I guess it's been working well for them?

I mean, I'm not convinced that they have enough welfare to loosen labor market protections the way they have, and also the part where they take advantage of their broken currency union to pillage the rest of Europe is probably not scalable. We tried that in California and they just made us give the money back in transfer payments.

But with a lot more economic justice it seems pretty plausible.
Ordoliberalism/"neoliberalism" with a moderate to high level of redistribution is exactly where my economic philosophy lies. But then people call me a centrist. Can't win.

AndyD

aka andydumi

And resigning by this fall seems... Optimistic. But I respect his insight into what passes for Trump's mind, and who knows how many disasters he'll have in the next three months. Could happen!

Pence would then pardon him. And then he'd be charged with state financial crimes in NY.

Mike M

Nick N
That doesn't really stop the investigation, unless Pence pre-preemptively pardons Trump, which would be political suicide.
I'm not sure Pence has any viable moves here at all. No matter how Trump gets out of office, he's going to be a lame duck president.
Pence would then pardon him. And then he'd be charged with state financial crimes in NY.
Yeah, it's hard to see a way he gets away clean. I'd be shocked if NY makes a deal with him when they can set the example to end all examples.

Pence back up Trump fucking idiocy yesterday.

He is fucked as well with the public.

Ernest

Banned
The Art of the Deal author thinks Trump will resign in the fall and can't see him lasting through the year. I want to believe as this guy knows Lil Donny better than anyone.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...d91e4b06ef724d64fd6?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004
I almost don't want him to resign. He'll be seen as a martyr. What needs to happen (besides being haul\ed off to jail, which is unlikely), is that he needs to last to 2020 and be voted the fuck out of office in the biggest goddamned electoral landslide since Reagan/Mondale.
He's ineffectual enough where, as damaging as he is, he's mostly damaging through his tone. I'm afraid Pence replacing him, even as a lame duck, will be more damaging through actual policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom