• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moments like this make me wonder if we're going to remain as a superpower even 20 years from now

Crazy commie dictators and sound leaders alike see the US for what it is ever since Trump won

We're so bare and vulnerable right now. It's terrifying

We're not a superpower now. We're the biggest pole in a multipolar world, not in a unipolar world anymore.

Moments like this make me wonder if we're going to remain as a superpower even 20 years from now

Crazy commie dictators and sound leaders alike see the US for what it is ever since Trump won

We're so bare and vulnerable right now. It's terrifying
Do you want answer to this question or are you stuff saying shit again.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Can we get Trump to fire everyone in his cabinet just by starting whisper campaigns that he looks weak if he doesn't fire them?

Let's make a priority list in order.

Diablos

Do you want answer to this question or are you stuff saying shit again.
I'm sorry but how am I saying shit?

We have zero and I mean ZERO leadership from the WH because a fraud who knows absolutely nothing about government or the military and has no willingness to correct his ways is making the US look like a shitshow while crazy people in NK continue to fire off missiles knowing what kind of President we have.

It's not a stretch to ask in moments like this, right after he by the way brags about pardoning someone who did awful things to people and treats stats for historic flooding that's killing people like it's reality television, if this is the beginning of the end for American leadership and the strength of our country.

You are again reminded that he's our President and that in and of itself should have never been possible. Yet here we are.

I'm sorry but how am I saying shit?

We have zero and I mean ZERO leadership from the WH because a fraud who knows absolutely nothing about government or the military and has no willingness to correct his ways is making the US look like a shitshow while crazy people in NK continue to fire off missiles knowing what kind of President we have.

It's not a stretch to ask in moments like this, right after he by the way brags about pardoning someone who did awful things to people and treats stats for historic flooding that's killing people like it's reality television, if this is the beginning of the end for American leadership and the strength of our country.

You are again reminded that he's our President and that in and of itself should have never been possible. Yet here we are.

Everyone in the goddamn world knows that Trump is president. Nobody here is forgetting this happened. Yes, American is losing it's leadership in the world and status as a world power, but this is not the end of the United States.
So what are you going to do about it?

When'd you get so calm? Lol. +1

Basically when trump shut up. Lol

I've been following a bunch of NK reporters and this stuff seems pretty telegraphed deterrence and strategic testing. Not war mongering.

The back off of guam kind of solidify that.

Also reading NK's statement with a careful eye really makes you realize how much diplomatic code and specific asks they put in them. They're clearly telegraphing a defensive program to prevent a war by the US.

When trump talks, that's when I freak out. So tomorrow AM I'll be panicking :p

I would argue this is the opposite in the vast vast majority of cases.

This is a distortion of media coverage of the courts. They are loathed to overrule democratically chosen laws

I don't think I was clear because this isn't responding to what I meant. I'm saying that Court rulings are rarely overturned and, barring a constitutional amendment, impossible to overturn with legislation. Yes, the courts don't overrule laws often, but that's not what I worried about. I'm worried that relying on a bill to protect LGBT citizens would just be swiftly repealed by a future Congress.

Diablos

Everyone in the goddamn world knows that Trump is president. Nobody here is forgetting this happened. Yes, American is losing it's leadership in the world and status as a world power, but this is not the end of the United States.
So what are you going to do about it?
What can anyone do right now besides stay engaged, vote, volunteer...?

How comforting, it's not the end of the US yet we're still losing our status and power because of Trump. What I'm saying is I'm not so sure if we can bounce back from that. The fact that he could even get elected tells me the Presidency will never be the same to begin with. It also says lots about the electorate which is fucked beyond belief. Can anyone really say with confidence that we know how politics overall will look once the era of Trump ends? Doubtful. We can say at the very least that things will get worse before they get better, and even then lots of things will probably change for good and in negative ways we can't really know.

Can we get Trump to fire everyone in his cabinet just by starting whisper campaigns that he looks weak if he doesn't fire them?

Let's make a priority list in order.

Jeff Sessions

*another 1000ft down the list*

...Betsy Devos

Take over from there.

What can anyone do right now besides stay engaged, vote, volunteer...?

How comforting, it's not the end of the US yet we're still losing our status and power because of Trump. What I'm saying is I'm not so sure if we can bounce back from that. The fact that he could even get elected tells me the Presidency will never be the same to begin with. It also says lots about the electorate which is fucked beyond belief. Can anyone really say with confidence that we know how politics overall will look once the era of Trump ends? Doubtful. We can say at the very least that things will get worse before they get better, and even then lots of things will probably change for good and in negative ways we can't really know.
That seems fair enough. It seems like you made up your mind with this stuff and how to deal with it.

Chris R

Man I'll be pissed when Congress presents a Harvey bill that ties Wall funds into it and then acts all high and mighty when some Dems vote no.

PKrockin

If you're a young conservative at this point you're with a white supremacist or literally only care about trolling above any kind of actual policy.
This is true in my experience. Most of the conservative media I've seen targeted toward young people is hyper-focused on triggering snowflake liberals. It works really well on the people whose introduction to politics was through Gamergate, as they have a built-in hatred toward anyone who asks you to listen to women or minorities for a second. They may be relatively politically apathetic, but reinforce their belief that women and minorities are attacking the one safe space they have as a poor, poor persecuted nerd and they'll trust you.

Man I'll be pissed when Congress presents a Harvey bill that ties Wall funds into it and then acts all high and mighty when some Dems vote no.

That seems like a dangerous game to play. Both politically and realistically considering the potential loss of life. So I fully expect them to try.

When they tried to say "Sandy funding must be deficit neutral and tied to entitlement cuts" I don't think it went over well.

People don't like political games for disaster recovery

Teggy

Surprising no one, Claude Taylor published totally made up news

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/28/trump-tweets-hoax-louise-mensch-claude-taylor

“Taylor asked no questions to verify my identity, did no vetting whatsoever, sought no confirmation from a second source – but instead asked leading questions to support his various theories, asking me to verify them,” the source said in an email.

But even better, Louise Mensch claims her reports of the same bogus news is based on her own sources and is totally totally true.

Mensch denied using the bogus information and said her allegations about Trump’s model agency came from her own sources. Asked why she had retweeted Taylor’s false posts, Mensch said: “I don’t think anybody can vet anybody else’s sources.”

PAMELA TALKIN, MARSHAL OF THE SUPREME COURT, TO THE RESCUE

height.182.no_border.width.320.jpg

Ogodei

Congress doesn't care about the Wall.

Their bullshit game would be "reallocating" every cent of Harvey money from planned parenthood funding or something.

Joe

Starting to think that being active in the comment sections of our local media social posts, equipped with facts and sources, would be a worthwhile cause.

1) They're typically littered with false or misleading information and 2) it would provide a small counter to the GOP's grip on local politics and secondary media.

Ogodei

Starting to think that being active in the comment sections of our local media social posts, equipped with facts and sources, would be a worthwhile cause.

1) They're typically littered with false or misleading information and 2) it would provide a small counter to the GOP's grip on local politics and secondary media.

I think most of the people in there are, if not trolling outright, then playing their own game about "winning" conversations rather than honestly caring about having a conversation about this or that local news topic.

Bots wouldn't go for small-town local news (at least, not the kind of bots that aren't obviously trying to sell Google Work From Home scams), but the people who dominate those conversations are folks with nothing better to do with their time.

My point being i doubt anyone who earnestly reads those comments is there to be convinced by anything.

Trump's stupidity is gonna get them a seat at the big kid table with no major human rights reforms.

This might sound horrible, but NK kinda has a good set of cards. They can continue to launch missile strikes across Japan and there's not much we can do to retaliate.

Although we know they are violating human rights, perhaps it's an evil thing we must accept (for now) to get them back to the table and get them stop shooting shit and scaring everyone.

And if they are back at the table, then Kim Jong can declare victory to ppl who already think he's a victor.

It looks bad but he has nukes now and the situation is far more tense after NK's latest missile. And at some point the populations in Japan and SK are going to get tired of being scared daily of being attacked (and I doubt they always think about these events as rationally as us armchair politicians who are not in Japan atm)

TheSun

Rick Scott is like the king of Florida for fucks sake

He's so weird. So so weird.

Says a lot about FL really. STOP ELECTING THIS GUY

Point the way, and I'll try my hardest to get this Orphan of Kos looking ass outta here.

Seriously, when are the Florida elections?

Nelson vs. Scott is going to be huge.

That's the problem with defending a million seats - even if we have a decent chance to win all of them individually in a vacuum, with 25 races a few of them are bound to slip away from us.

That being said, I still put Nelson a tier above McCaskill and Donnelly in terms of who I'm worried about.

On the day when the flood waters continue to rise, thousands are being rescued, and even more are losing everything they own, the companies Trump owns have pimped:

1. A luxury development in Uruguay
2. A golf course on the ocean in Los Angeles
3. Banquet and event services in Miami
4. "Getting to know the groundskeepers" on Trump's golf courses.
5. The 9th annual Wine and Beer festival in Los Angeles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom