• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of VP Debate 2008 Trainwreck-in-slow-motion Popcorn Party Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobor

Steve Youngblood said:
We all need to calm down here just a tad. Instantaneously, the expectations have shifted from "she's going to bomb so hard and it's going to be the greatest moment in politics ever!" to "oh crap! She's going to deliver a stellar performance and it's because she's going to cheat!" We should at least wait for a few questions to be fielded before we start worrying about whether or not she's getting help.

Even then, I think it's unlikely that she'll try it, but that's just me.

Having everyone shit their pants before the debate starts is a good thing. There is nowhere for GAF to go but up this time.

Latest Palin trainwreck up on CBS News: :lol :lol :lol :lol

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4496829n

Couric: What do you think is the best and worst thing that Dick Cheney has done as vice president?

Palin: Worst thing, I guess that would have been the duck-hunting accident, where you know, that was an accident. And that I think that was made into a caricature of him. And that was kind of unfortunate.

So, the best thing though, he's shown support, along with George W. Bush, of our troops. And I've been there when George Bush has spoken to families of those who have suffered greatly, those who are serving in the military. I've been there when President Bush has embraced those families and expressed the concern and the sympathy speaking for all of America in those times. And for Dick Cheney to have supported that effort of George Bush's. I respect that.

Tamanon

Banned
Dude is trying to get some tail!

"Under Democratic presidents abortion rates go down, and that's my number one issue"

Yeah right 20 year old man, you're just trying to get some by appearing to be sensitive women-conscious guy!

pestul

Well, the exposing of an earpiece would lead to great hilarity as well.. just think about it. A campaign could not possibly tank as fast. :lol

I don't think they're risking it tbh.

Zeliard

MassiveAttack said:

Sarah Lolin said:
Palin: Worst thing, I guess that would have been the duck-hunting accident, where you know, that was an accident. And that I think that was made into a caricature of him. And that was kind of unfortunate.

:lol

That's probably the single most harmless thing that Cheney has done while in office, relatively speaking.

Tamanon

Banned
MassiveAttack said:

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Your worst thing that Cheney has done is A HUNTING ACCIDENT?:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

At least then he shot somebody that knew there was a gun nearby!

For the record, if they allow any interplay at all between the candidates, I think the most effective thing Biden can do is question "why" or "why not" when she makes a point or attack.

besada

Banned
There are some nervous, jumpy bitches in here.

Assume there was an earpiece. On the other end would still be the same idiots who've run McCain's campaign so badly that the old white guy with twenty-five years of experience is losing to the young black guy.

Sharp

I can't help but notice that his best thing appears to be that he supports something Bush did. I suppose she hadn't been given much about Cheney yet.

Maxwell House said:
I kind of hope she puts her hair up so I can stop being paranoid. We'll see in a few hours. :)

2poo0vb.jpg

That's a lot of hair over those ears...

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
besada said:

Assume there was an earpiece. On the other end would still be the same idiots who've run McCain's campaign so badly that the old white guy with twenty-five years of experience is losing to the young black guy.
Yikes. Thanks dude :/

Zeliard

besada said:

The young, black, inexperienced community organizer.

Pimpwerx

Zeliard said:
:lol

That's probably the single most harmless thing that Cheney has done while in office, relatively speaking.
Dick Cheney will shoot you in the face, then make you go on tv and apologize for inconveniencing HIM. That's just brutal. PEACE.

I doubt that there is going to be a wire used, but I'd bet anything they are gonna sexy up Palin as much as possible. Hair down? Check. I am not going to be surprised if she has a nice black dress on and a few nice accessories. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if she had contacts in tonight.

But Biden does look like a badass. I think Sarah Palin might be too nice for politics...which isn't a bad thing in some aspects I guess.

Tarazet

The best that could happen is for Biden to make some silly slip-up, and then to laugh along with the audience at it. I wouldn't put it past him to stage a couple of them, just to play to the "human" angle that Palin so clearly excels at at the expense of any other redeeming qualities.

greepoman

Amir0x said:
come on Palin is just shitting us now

You do realize it's all a ploy so that when she gets elected all the liberals will go insane and shoot themselves cause America elected such an idiot. Actually a brilliant plan to make the country more conservative.

GhaleonEB

Cloudy said:
The video is blocked for me but you're just joking right? :lol
Just wait until you see it. Like all Palin responses, the video is even better. Deer in headlights, "I can't believe I'm saying this" look on her face. :lol

Edit: referring to the duck one.

Tamanon

Banned
Cloudy said:
The video is blocked for me but you're just joking right? :lol

She's asked for her favorite VP, but then says "As far as candidates, Geraldine Ferraro, because she helped break the glass ceiling" and then Katie asked her for an actual VP. She hemmed and hawed and came up with Bush41 because he learned the position.

Biden immediately popped out Lyndon Johnson.

Amir0x

Banned
it's actually worse than when Couric asked her which ACTUAL elected vice president was her favorite, she picked George Bush Sr.

Holy crap @ Palin's VP answer. Just execrable. And then comes Biden with his intelligent and thoughtful answer to compound her idiocy.

So let's recap. So far she has been unable to name:

* Any books or magazines she reads
* Any supreme court rulings
* Any example of McCain fighting for financial regulation
* Any former vice president
* Anything bad Dick Cheney ever did

Did I miss anything?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Amir0x said:
it's actually worse than when Couric asked her which ACTUAL elected vice president was her favorite, she picked George Bush Sr.
My favorite part was how she was obviously fishing for anyone. When she arrives at Bush Sr. she does a little pop up and gets happy.

Tamanon

Banned
Amir0x said:

Hey at least she didn't pick Cheney! But yeah, her reasoning wasn't that good either.

Raistlin

MassiveAttack said:
No joke. She actually says Geraldine Ferraro.

No joke, she also prefaced it with, 'it would have to be a candidate actually'.

God, there's plenty to lol about ... let's not pretend she actually thought Ferraro was a VP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom