• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of VP Debate 2008 Trainwreck-in-slow-motion Popcorn Party Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Fuck guys...I completely hadn't thought about this dirty possibility of an earpiece until you guys said it...

Holy fuck I'm actually nervous now.

t1land.palin.biden.gi.jpg

Biden woke up this morning, thought about being nice with Palin and just said, "Fuck it. I'm going Terminator on this shit."

The earpiece will probably make her answers sound that more retarded. Of course, I bet they only use it to tell her what to say during her rebuttals while Biden is speaking. :(

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Maxwell House said:
Wireless earpiece.

Obama's camp should bring in all sorts of radio frequencies to fuck with her possible lifeline. :lol

oh god yes. dirty tactics that they can't actually complain about publicly. probably wouldn't be too hard to do either for an electrical engineer.

Gary Whitta said:
Not if her ear and neck is covered by hair.

I suppose... but even with her hair down, keeping her ears behind it through the entire debate would require a very still head. I guess maybe the earpiece could be pretty damn small, but still... I'm a bit skeptical that the internet detectives/HD wouldn't pick something up.

pestul

Hmm, I wonder if the media will pick up on the conspiracy.. I mean Jesus, she really doesn't EVER wear her hair down.

Beavertown

Garbage
platypotamus said:
I'm going to have to go with it being pretty unhide-able on HDTV, right? I mean, if you can see people's individual pores, you'll be able to see a wire...

wire is kinda old school dude

pretty sure it would be a blue tooth ear piece

Sharp

The earpiece possibility is one that I hadn't considered, and it actually worries me. She's been a newscaster so I doubt she'd fuck up too badly if she had an earpiece. I'm sure this is just GAF conspiracy theories alarming me again but that at least might explain why some of McCain's internal folk seemed more confident in her performance. Still seems really unlikely but who the hell knows with this campaign.

Crisis

Banned
RubxQub said:
Fuck guys...I completely hadn't thought about this dirty possibility of an earpiece until you guys said it...

Holy fuck I'm actually nervous now.

Don't worry. I'll be watching in HD. With binoculars.

Beavertown said:
wire is kinda old school dude

pretty sure it would be a blue tooth ear piece

I used to be with "it". But then "it" changed. And now what's "it" is new and scary. And it'll happen to you!

Even if she has some undetectable advanced tech earpiece, which I can potentially grant... I don't know... it seems as if that would make her even less coherent.

You guys might be right though...

Vestal

Gold Member
Well Its coming soon..

For me her first answer will determine if I have to have my mute button ready for her answers.. I don't think I can get through 90 minutes of Couric type answers.

I mean, why would she pick tonight of all nights to wear her hair down for the first time in years??? We've seen interviews with her all the way back to when she first became governor of Alaska..I have never seen her with her hair down...not a single time.

RubxQub

Fuck this earpiece bullshit! I'm actually really fucking mad now that anything I see is going to be fake. Not the artificial "I've practiced this response for days" fake, but "some tool is feeding me these lines" fake.

Fuck...why don't they make it a policy to do a search of the candidates before they are presented on stage? Surely they wouldn't object...right?

Fuck...

Yeah I am pretty paranoid about the earpiece thing too. Seems like a prudent thing to do given how awful she's been operating without a net so far. And her experience as a newscaster means she'll be adept at parroting stuff being fed into her ear.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Man I just can't wait for Palin to be publicly humiliated on live tv.
Almost 2 hours til the debate.

Hmmm...not enough popcorn.

I'll be back with moar popcorn.

RubxQub said:
Fuck this earpiece bullshit! I'm actually really fucking mad now that anything I see is going to be fake. Not the artificial "I've practiced this response for days" fake, but "some tool is feeding me these lines" fake.
In all honesty, this entire line of speculation is kind of silly considering that the debate hasn't even started yet. I mean, she could come out of the gates and immediately start speaking incoherently, and if she does, all of this "she's wearing a wire!" talk is going to sound ridiculous.

LOL @ republican strategist on MSNBC predicting that Palin will "literally reach through the television and connect with voters" tonight.

ring%20girl%20tv.jpg

RubxQub

Steve Youngblood said:
In all honesty, this entire line of speculation is kind of silly considering that the debate hasn't even started yet. I mean, she could come out of the gates and immediately start speaking incoherently, and if she does, all of this "she's wearing a wire!" talk is going to sound ridiculous.
Very possible, but I still don't see why the candidates can't be quickly searched for any assistance devices before they take the stage.

This shit is god damned serious.

lexdysia

Banned
Steve Youngblood said:

Why did Palin lose?

McCain: It was the Wire!

terrene

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
LOL @ republican strategist on MSNBC predicting that Palin will "literally reach through the television and connect with voters" tonight.
Arrgh, misuse of the word "literally" is so annoying! It literally makes me lobotomize myself with disgust!

Zeliard

Steve Youngblood said:

Yeah, the earpiece thing is pretty silly. I remember people saying that Bush was wearing a wire because of that thing sticking out of his back, even though he bombed hard in the debates vs. Kerry.

Beavertown

Garbage
Gary Whitta said:

She can connect with my penis, but that's all really. And to do that, she would have to not speak.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
MassiveAttack said:
t1land.palin.biden.gi.jpg

Biden woke up this morning, thought about being nice with Palin and just said, "Fuck it. I'm going Terminator on this shit."
Woke up this morning... and got yourself a gun.

terrene

Banned
Maxwell House said:
I kind of hope she puts her hair up so I can stop being paranoid. We'll see in a few hours. :)
Exposed ears never stopped people from speculating that Bush was being assisted via earpiece.

Tobor

RubxQub said:
Very possible, but I still don't see why the candidates can't be quickly searched for any assistance devices before they take the stage.

This shit is god damned serious.

I'm putting my best people on this:

thats-got-his-own-20061130033523765.jpg

RubxQub

Beavertown said:
She can connect with my penis, but that's all really. And to do that, she would have to not speak.
Really dude...really?

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously guys, take it from someone who uses IEM's (In Ear Monitors) daily in their work, you can hide these things so they are barely visible to a crowd 20-30 feet away, hiding them so they can't be seen when you're up close and personal? - no chance.

Also, most audio engineers need to get clearance for frequency usage in an area that is likely to be flooded with various UHF wireless audio kit, you know, like say a media broadcast? - There's only a limited spectrum available for these devices, hence the whole "whitespace" debate/fight, stick 2 devices on the same frequency and often neither of the devices will "lock", so where the number of devices increase, we often work with all other engineers on a site to get "our" frequencies clear, very large events will even have a frequency co-ordinator. (Although that is less common here in in the UK)

My take: the hair down thing is to manage image, make her appear more down-to-earth folksy, and get away from the silly Jackie-O like theme they've been dressing her up with.

undrtakr900

Verano said:
Man I just can't wait for Palin to be publicly humiliated on live tv.
Almost 2 hours til the debate.

Hmmm...not enough popcorn.

I'll be back with moar popcorn.
Don't worry I brought enough for everyone:D

popcorn-big.jpg

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
*sigh* Sadly, I have a feeling no matter what happens, Palin will come out on top. Biden is fucked from nearly every angle on this one.

Please let me be wrong...

ronito

Steve Youngblood said:
but there is precedence for it. It's not like it didn't very likely happen just last election.

Zeliard said:
Yeah, the earpiece thing is pretty silly. I remember people saying that Bush was wearing a wire because of that thing sticking out of his back, even though he bombed hard in the debates vs. Kerry.
We all need to calm down here just a tad. Instantaneously, the expectations have shifted from "she's going to bomb so hard and it's going to be the greatest moment in politics ever!" to "oh crap! She's going to deliver a stellar performance and it's because she's going to cheat!" We should at least wait for a few questions to be fielded before we start worrying about whether or not she's getting help.

Even then, I think it's unlikely that she'll try it, but that's just me.

RubxQub

Vennt said:
Seriously guys, take it from someone who uses IEM's (In Ear Monitors) daily in their work, you can hide these things so they are barely visible to a crowd 20-30 feet away, hiding them so they can't be seen when you're up close and personal? - no chance.

Also, most audio engineers need to get clearance for frequency usage in an area that is likely to be flooded with various UHF wireless audio kit, you know, like say a media broadcast? - There's only a limited spectrum available for these devices, hence the whole "whitespace" debate/fight, stick 2 devices on the same frequency and often neither of the devices will "lock", so where the number of devices increase, we often work with all other engineers on a site to get "our" frequencies clear, very large events will even have a frequency co-ordinator. (Although that is less common here in in the UK)

My take: the hair down thing is to manage image, make her appear more down-to-earth folksy, and get away from the silly Jackie-O like theme they've been dressing her up with.
I feel...soothed...

Relieved even... that was surprisingly comforting :lol

Zeliard

Gary Whitta said:

Yeah, Todd Harris is a notorious GOP apologist. That guy will spin anything you put in front of him, or die trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom