• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of VP Debate 2008 Trainwreck-in-slow-motion Popcorn Party Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
JCX9 said:
I was on the right side if the stage and there was a huge spotlight on the other side of the stage

or it was pure hope

it could be like the hope signal, fire the spotlight up into the clouds and Obama brings you the change you need?

GhaleonEB

captscience said:
Why polls today have things swinging in McCain's favor?
McCain got two good polls, one in Virginia and one in Colorado. But those are specs in an avalanche of good Obama news, so I'm curious as well.

No post update yet.

impirius said:
I should point out that my frame of reference for debate expectations is my group of friends and co-workers who seem to think that Palin's head will fall off during mid-sentence or something. I can't imagine that Palin could even come close to outperforming Biden in the debate, but I just don't think it's going to be nearly the :lol :lol :lol fest that the past few days have been.
Then you and I agree here. Where I differ is that I'm completely middle of the road on expectations. I think it's entirely possible that she's going to do better than she did in the Couric interviews. I think it's even possible that some moderate pundits might call her "the winner" (whatever that means). I just don't think it's going to matter. I think at best, she might save SOME face here, but after the Couric interviews and the holes found in her record, coupled with a legitimate issue dominating the news right now (financial meltdown), I don't think Palin has the ability anymore to rile up the supporters and make a significant impact.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
reilo said:
Actually after reading through the article and thinking about McCain's latest moves this must be what he considers the safe, democratic and swing states:

2iiactg.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
grandjedi6 said:
Actually after reading through the article and thinking about McCain's latest moves this must be what he considers the safe, democratic and swing states:

2iiactg.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Penn, Iowa, Minnesota, swing states? VA, NC, FL, safe?

:lol

Sharp

Personally I'm starting to believe that the reason GAF is hyping up a Palin victory is so they can say "WOW WHAT A SHOCK!" when she does really badly, and on the offchance that she does well, "I called it!"

grandjedi6

reilo said:
Penn, Iowa, Minnesota, swing states? VA, NC, FL, safe?

:lol

He must really think that. According to the article the McCain campaign considers 240-250 electoral votes "safe". The guy's in fairy tale 2004 land :lol

Zachack

Sharp said:
Personally I'm starting to believe that the reason GAF is hyping up a Palin victory is so they can say "WOW WHAT A SHOCK!" when she does really badly, and on the offchance that she does well, "I called it!"
I'm personally hyping up a revelation that one of the two candidates is actually the smoke monster from Lost. And you'd better believe that I'm going say "I called it!" when it turns out I'm right.

Macam

Banned
Hitokage said:
Anyway, serious question:

What resources are there to research downticket contests? I don't usually follow stuff like attorney generals and judges, or even state representatives really, so I need something to get me up to speed on who these people are and whether they're fuckups or not.

This is a person pet peeve of mine and I'm working on a solution for that. Your local paper(s) may be of some assistance (or more appropriately, their websites alongside some Google-fu).

Since Texas is generally full of the batshit kinds of Republicans and libertarians, I'm just sparing myself the trouble this go around and voting the ticket.

Zachack said:
I'm personally hyping up a revelation that one of the two candidates is actually the smoke monster from Lost. And you'd better believe that I'm going say "I called it!" when it turns out I'm right.

"Governor Palin, your response?"
"tikkita-tikkita-tikkita-tikkita-tikkita-tikkita-tikkita-tikkita-tikkita-tikkita"

impirius

Steve Youngblood said:
Then you and I agree here. Where I differ is that I'm completely middle of the road on expectations. I think it's entirely possible that she's going to do better than she did in the Couric interviews. I think it's even possible that some moderate pundits might call her "the winner" (whatever that means). I just don't think it's going to matter. I think at best, she might save SOME face here, but after the Couric interviews and the holes found in her record, coupled with a legitimate issue dominating the news right now (financial meltdown), I don't think Palin has the ability anymore to rile up the supporters and make a significant impact.
Yep. It's hard to see how she can be seen as anything other than a liability to anyone other than hardcore Republicans or religious single-issue voters.

thekad

Banned
Sharp said:

Nah, GAF is just full of Chicken Littles.

AmishNazi

Banned
Ok I've been off the the internet for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long :lol :lol

I do find it funny that the first female VP forgot how hard it was for women to get the vote long enough to try to take away non-land owners votes. It's so sad that it's not even funny anymore.

grandjedi6

We'll do a conf call at 5:45pm ET on the state of the race, but it's really sort of laughable. We played in MI to spread the field on Obama. As you know, Obama has already abandoned a number of states from his 50 state strategy. If we win FL, MO, NC, VA, IN and OH — all states Republicans have won for decades — that puts us at 260 electoral votes. We need to find 10 electoral votes from CO, NV, NM, NH, MN, WI, and PA. Frankly, we have an easier map than Obama. He’s on the defense.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1008/PostMichigan_McCain_spin.html?showall

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

devilhawk

Sharp said:
Are you new here? This is all GAF ever does...

GhaleonEB

Virginia Voter Registration Update

The state of Virginia just updated their voter registration totals. As of September 30, there are 304,565 new voters registered this year. A whopping 100,882 registered last month alone.

Code:
	 Total 	          Gain 
Jan	 4,585,828 	
Sep	 4,789,511 	 203,683 
Oct	 4,890,393 	 100,882 

Total		          304,565

The best news about McCain shifting resources from Michigan to Virginia is that the voter registration deadline is October 6.

SupahBlah

Banned
Can't watch the debate due to being an evil Yurop and work tomorrow. :(

But I'll be there is spirit.

ricflair.jpg

Damn, I always get them confused.

25722k1.jpg

"I GOT THIS"

Vestal

Gold Member
SupahBlah said:
Can't watch the debate due to being an evil Yurop and work tomorrow. :(

But I'll be there is spirit.

ricflair.jpg

Damn, I always get them confused.

25722k1.jpg

"I GOT THIS"

STYLING AND PROFILING! JET FLYING, LIMOUSINE RIDING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom