• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politicians blame video games for recent mass shootings.

Are games the problem? No
Is the access to easy real weapon part of this issue? Yes
Are the GOP and their NRA overlords telling them to make laxer laws part of the problem? Yes
Does this happen in other countries? No
Are politicians blaming anything else but themselves for their own incompetence to place real laws to avoid these issues in the future? Yes

AlexxKidd

Relegated to the much smaller "Politics Discussion" forum. I know I never go there, if you wouldn't have posted this I would never have known. Too bad Arkage didn't create this thread as well.

spawn

They are in bed with the NRA and will never admit the real problem because they're too chicken shit and they want to get re-elected in their districts

AmaiMask

Banned
You clearly weren't of age in the 90's, early 2000's. That or you're willfully ignorant.

"Infiltrated" lol. Like Ed Boon for the MK11 example is this brand new dev, right off the rack. Can you actually prove that devs were right wing long ago? Care to explain how people who have gone through school to get their jobs, worked for years and might have more left leaning views have "infiltrated" the games industry? Under whose orders? The lizard people?

Yeah, I've noticed a serious lack of Jew killing games... I'd say this is a good thing.

Too bad they angered the SJWs by hiring Ronda Rousey. I guess they're just like NASA with the flat Earth; the conspiracy is so well put together but they keep making these dumb mistakes that only Flerfers can see. They're evil geniuses & idiots at the same time.

What? Where are you even getting this from? Proof? What does what the left do have to do with how and why republicans blame video games? What bunch of silly misdirection. Republicans have been attacking video games since they went on the market. Again, you're either willfully ignorant or very very young.

Ok, so riddle me this; How can a game have gay people in it without you instantly seeing it as "SJW pandering"?

I never go to Era. That said you clearly want to insert your politics into video games and take away artistic freedom from game devs. You're exactly the same as the SJWs. Difference is I've never heard an SJW say they want to nuke the games industry from orbit just because they don't like the politics of some people in it. You want millions of people to lose their jobs because "TEH ES JAY DLB-OOHz".

You've got the worst case of sour grapes I've ever seen. Utterly ridiculous.
At no point have the GOP gone after games as hard as SJWs have, this isn't even up for debate. The examples I've listed are merely a fraction of what asinine changes to the industry SJWs have caused. You're either clearly not paying attention, agree with said changes, or are being willfully ignorant. The changes that have happened in the game industry don't happen simply because a person has "more left wing views" but are changes brought about by angry, self-righteous people who are addicted to outrage & the power they wield with it. It's not lizard people, it's SJWs. You go to absurd extremes with your "jew killing games", when at no point I've made any mention of such a thing. I just want games to be made without cancerous SJW identity politics in them, that's a farcry from "jew killing games".

Hiring Ronda Rousey doesn't at all take away from the woke bullshit in MK11 or the SJW rhetoric used by prominent members of the team on not wanting to "objectify women" or whatever nonsense. And why do you think Trump is going after videogames right now? It's to redirect the discussion from the 2nd amendment and gun regulation. This is basic politics. At no point in history have the GOP attacked videogames as hard as SJWs are currently attacking it and polluting it with their filth. The GOP are always all talk, SJWs actually influence the industry for the worse and ruin beloved franchises. You're seriously either not paying attention at all or actually agree with what SJWs have been doing.

As for how to do diversity & inclusion in games right, it for sure isn't the way SJWs have been doing it. They've poisoned the well so badly with their crying and self-righteous preaching that at this point I'd need the Devs to outright state they denounce SJWs and their ideology entirely & have said gay/minority characters strictly for the story and not for identity politics. A nice little anti-SJW disclaimer in-game or on the box would be pretty great.

You may not go to Era, but I browse their forums frequently to see how they think & talk. You 100% use the exact same talking points as SJWs on ResetEra. You'd fit right in with them, you should seriously consider making an account there. You call it sourgrapes, I call it having an aversion to cockroaches ruining my hobby. It's also nice to see all the soyboys & SJWs crying about the GOP going after their games so they can see how I feel watching them ruin my hobby.

AmaiMask

Banned
How would politicians going after violent videogames affect pretty much anything you just wrote about?
If anything, a ban or severe limitations/regulations on violent videogames would probably push parts of the industry towards making more non violent games like walking simulators and "narrative experiences", which are way more prone to attract, to put it in your words, "soyboys using them as a soapbox to preach their bullshit
For starters it would give SJWs a taste of the hell they've subjected me to as I watch my beloved hobby subverted with all their stupid bullshit. The industry as a whole is in a really bad place & frankly needs a serious over-haul. Besides, they're really focusing on over-the-top violent games like MK or braindead shooters like Call of Duty and so on. The vast majority of the games I like don't even fly on their radar. But even if they do, I'm willing to bite the bullet to fuck over SJWs & give them a taste of their own medicine.

Mr.Bond

Mexico has very strong gun laws and regulation, yet, huge amounts of crime and gun crime. Yet, many of same people that want to take the guns also want to get rid of the border with Mexico. (crazy)
You are right, but you are comparing apples to oranges here, The gun crimes in Mexico are almost always related to drug runners and drug cartels, And while Mexico is way more dangerous than the U.S the chances of being murdered while doing shopping or attending school are much lower than those in the U.S

DanielsM

Banned
You are right, but you are comparing apples to oranges here, The gun crimes in Mexico are almost always related to drug runners and drug cartels, And while Mexico is way more dangerous than the U.S the chances of being murdered while doing shopping or attending school are much lower than those in the U.S
What does that have to do with anything, a good portion of the gun crimes are drugs and gang related here as well. The homicide rate isn't even close... 16+ in Mexico and around 5 here.

Not sure what your point is, someone died... does it matter if someone is killed with a spoon or a gun? NO. Gun laws in Mexico are very strict. I don't know what your point is, if you don't like it... don't visit.

I see nothing wrong if the figures, the U.S. is behind only Canada and Cuba that I can see in the homicide rate in NA, CA, and SA, of course, the people that want to get rid of the guns are the same nutjobs that want to get rid of the border.... which makes zero sense. Actually, many of the States that have large amounts of guns have low homicide rates i.e. Wyoming... although a state like Alaska is going up. Actually racial makeup has a lot to do with it, but people don't want to talk about that.

Wyoming has by far more guns than anyone else, yet its probably one of the safest places in the country.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Jesus, this reads like the ramblings of a schizophrenic. You literally think an evil group is conspiring to get you to a point you want to burn it all.
At no point have the GOP gone after games as hard as SJWs have, this isn't even up for debate.
Do you even know who Jack Thompson was?
The changes that have happened in the game industry don't happen simply because a person has "more left wing views" but are changes brought about by angry, self-righteous people who are addicted to outrage & the power they wield with it.
Empty statement. You didn't say how they "infiltrated" gaming when they actually just got jobs there like everyone else. Sorry to break it to you, but people with left leaning views just became more prevalent in gaming and boo-hoo your poor fee-fees because you don't agree with them. Maybe if right wing people worked harder...
You go to absurd extremes with your "jew killing games", when at no point I've made any mention of such a thing.
lol Maybe don't literally bring up neo-nazis as a "good" example then?
I just want games to be made without cancerous SJW identity politics in them
Read: "Without politics I don't like". Oof, dat left wing derangement syndrome, doe.
Hiring Ronda Rousey doesn't at all take away from the woke bullshit in MK11 or the SJW rhetoric used by prominent members of the team on not wanting to "objectify women" or whatever nonsense.
So you're dead against an artist's freedom of expression. Gotcha. Unless you can prove they were forced to do this?
And why do you think Trump is going after videogames right now? It's to redirect the discussion from the 2nd amendment and gun regulation. This is basic politics.
Republicans do it for every mass shooting and have done since the 90's. But I'm glad you admit that Trump is a lying sack of shit.
As for how to do diversity & inclusion in games right, it for sure isn't the way SJWs have been doing it. They've poisoned the well so badly with their crying and self-righteous preaching that at this point I'd need the Devs to outright state they denounce SJWs and their ideology entirely & have said gay/minority characters strictly for the story and not for identity politics.
You didn't answer the question. How can it be done and what's a good example? Also whilst we're at it, what's a bad example and why?
A nice little anti-SJW disclaimer in-game or on the box would be pretty great.
lol An anti SJW disclaimer as a pass to have gay people in your game. Ok, now I'm wondering if you're not a Poe.
You may not go to Era, but I browse their forums frequently to see how they think & talk. You 100% use the exact same talking points as SJWs on ResetEra. You'd fit right in with them, you should seriously consider making an account there.
lol Hey now, I said that first, buddy. No takesy backsies now. But I guess my serious reply on the same level as you would be: NO U!
You call it sourgrapes
Actually now I call it serious mental health issues. Does this stuff keep you up at night? Do you wake up and pace back & forth, seething with rage as you curse the SJWs? Have you started to write a manifesto? Purchased any guns recently?

EDIT: I just checked his post history on GAF. Yikes. Say, have you ever actually made a post that wasn't about "SJWs" and "leftists"? (I actually already know the answer; it's no). You're obsessed to an unhealthy degree.

It's also nice to see all the soyboys & SJWs crying about the GOP going after their games so they can see how I feel watching them ruin my hobby.
Funny that, I'm pretty sure as you wrote that insane diatribe, your keyboard was drenched in tears.

For starters it would give SJWs a taste of the hell they've subjected me to as I watch my beloved hobby subverted with all their stupid bullshit.
Hit that victim card any harder and I'll have to get my really small violin out. Oh poor you, are the nasty people oppressing you with their politics you don't agree with? Curse those blacks and gays in games! Why can't it just all be straight white people?
I'm willing to bite the bullet to fuck over SJWs & give them a taste of their own medicine.
There he goes. The original American hero.
TiredSecondaryIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

Sorry but I just can't take this seriously. I got more logic and less conspiracies out of that flat Earther that used to post here. And I'm sure both of these guys share the same views (wrapped in echoes) on some stuff too.

Last edited:

AmaiMask

Banned
Jesus, this reads like the ramblings of a schizophrenic. You literally think an evil group is conspiring to get you to a point you want to burn it all.

Do you even know who Jack Thompson was?

Empty statement. You didn't say how they "infiltrated" gaming when they actually just got jobs there like everyone else. Sorry to break it to you, but people with left leaning views just became more prevalent in gaming and boo-hoo your poor fee-fees because you don't agree with them. Maybe if right wing people worked harder...

lol Maybe don't literally bring up neo-nazis as a "good" example then?

Read: "Without politics I don't like". Oof, dat left wing derangement syndrome, doe.

So you're dead against an artist's freedom of expression. Gotcha. Unless you can prove they were forced to do this?

Republicans do it for every mass shooting and have done since the 90's. But I'm glad you admit that Trump is a lying sack of shit.

You didn't answer the question. How can it be done and what's a good example? Also whilst we're at it, what's a bad example and why?

lol An anti SJW disclaimer as a pass to have gay people in your game. Ok, now I'm wondering if you're not a Poe.

lol Hey now, I said that first, buddy. No takesy backsies now. But I guess my serious reply on the same level as you would be: NO U!

Actually now I call it serious mental health issues. Does this stuff keep you up at night? Do you wake up and pace back & forth, seething with rage as you curse the SJWs? Have you started to write a manifesto? Purchased any guns recently?

EDIT: I just checked his post history on GAF. Yikes. Say, have you ever actually made a post that wasn't about "SJWs" and "leftists"? (I actually already know the answer; it's no). You're obsessed to an unhealthy degree.

Funny that, I'm pretty sure as you wrote that insane diatribe, your keyboard was drenched in tears.

Hit that victim card any harder and I'll have to get my really small violin out. Oh poor you, are the nasty people oppressing you with their politics you don't agree with? Curse those blacks and gays in games! Why can't it just all be straight white people?

There he goes. The original American hero.
TiredSecondaryIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

Sorry but I just can't take this seriously. I got more logic and less conspiracies out of that flat Earther that used to post here. And I'm sure both of these guys share the same views (wrapped in echoes) on some stuff too.
Yes, I firmly believe SJWs are deliberately sabotaging the videogame industry & filling it with their cancerous ideology to influence the masses. I don't know who Jack Thompson was, nor do I care. I can however promise you that neither him nor anyone else in the GOP have gone after videogames as much as SJWs have nor have had as negative an impact on the industry. In the end the GOP are all talk and only use videogames as a distraction. They don't cause bullshit changes that SJWs do, so it's not a valid comparison. SJWs infiltrated by either joining the ranks of these companies or having said companies break down from all their constant whining to alter their own views. This goes way beyond "left leaning" as I've said before. Being left leaning is fine, being a self-righteous zealot with an agenda to push down everyones throats isn't. I didn't mention anything about Neo-Nazis, but the alt-right. There's a huge difference between the two unless you're an SJW and consider anybody who voted for Trump a Nazi, which no doubt you do.

Freedom of expression is fine, using said expression to push your cancerous ideology on everyone else & preach down to them with how "woke" you are isn't fine & needs to be condemned & rebuked.. As rightfully enraged by SJWs as I am, they're for more enraged & constantly outraged over the tiniest thing at all times. TRIGGERED is a meme entirely because of how over-the-top these people are. They get so outraged that they literally don't even want to debate those they disagree with and see it as "giving a platform" to toxic individuals. Talk about SEETHING. Nobody is as much of a snowflake as SJWs. SJWs love the idea of deplatforming ideas that they do not like, it literally doesn't get more snowflake than that.

I've no examples to give of how to properly handle diversity, because it's a moot point. The bottom line is the way SJWs are doing it is self-righteous, preachy, and completely self-serving. I'm black just so you're aware of exactly who you're talking with. I'm not some privileged white kid, I actually have skin in the game here so I can talk. I'd much rather take my chances with the alt-right than to allow SJWs to continue destroying the things I hold dear with their bullshit ideology. I loathe SJWs with a passion because they are a scourge to not only videogames but western society as a whole. More people need to share my sentiment. I maintain that you'd fit right in with the screeching snowflakes over at ResetEra. You post almost exactly the same as many of them do.

Geki-D

Banned
I don't know who Jack Thompson was, nor do I care.
lol No wonder. Either you're like 14, or you don't actually care about video games.
SJWs infiltrated by either joining the ranks of these companies or having said companies break down from all their constant whining to alter their own views.
Prove it. Show me a "SJW" in a position to call the shots on how a game is formed and who didn't gain their position legitimately. Again, you just don't like their politics and want your politics instead; You're a hypocrite who just wants to deplatform political views you don't like.
I didn't mention anything about Neo-Nazis, but the alt-right.
Same thing. Do you even know who coined the term "alt right"? You know that Trump isn't alt right, right? He appeals to them, but he isn't that bad.
unless you're an SJW and consider anybody who voted for Trump a Nazi, which no doubt you do.
I don't think everyone who voted for Trump is a Nazi (though you would call anyone who disagrees with you a "SJW", yet again showing that you're a hypocrite) but I'm pretty sure you're one:
Mr, "I'm glad the Christchurch shooter shot up a Mosque"
Mr. "I'm quite alright with white supremacists"
Mr. "Trump needs to become the white Christian Champion"
Not to mention the dumb shit you've said in this thread. Why don't you just go full circle and tell us what you think of Jews. Any doubt about the Holocaust?
Freedom of expression is fine, using said expression to push your cancerous ideology on everyone else & preach down to them with how "woke" you are isn't fine & needs to be condemned & rebuked.
"Freedom of expression is fine until I don't like what they're trying to express. Then it's no longer fine". Nah, man. you hate freedom of expression and just want to deplatform people. Own it: You're a controlling fascist.
As rightfully enraged by SJWs as I am, they're for more enraged & constantly outraged over the tiniest thing at all times. TRIGGERED is a meme entirely because of how over-the-top these people are.
lol Only SJWs can be triggered... Despite the fact you're triggered as fuck. get outta here with this hypocritical BS you triggered, melting snowflake :messenger_grinning_smiling:
They get so outraged that they literally don't even want to debate those they disagree with and see it as "giving a platform" to toxic individuals.
Hey man, hit up Destiny or Vaush. They'll debate you, spank you and rock you to sleep as you cry. I'll reply to a limit, but I generally grow tired of talking to literal crazy people after a while.
Talk about SEETHING. Nobody is as much of a snowflake as SJWs.
Yep, you.
I've no examples to give of how to properly handle diversity, because it's a moot point.
Because to you the mere inclusion of gay people is "SJW". The only solution to you is no gays in games. And that's perfectly ok for you, because i bet you just hate those gays, too.
I'm black just so you're aware of exactly who you're talking with. I'm not some privileged white kid, I actually have skin in the game here so I can talk.
All this shows is that black people aren't immune to being brainwashed by fascists and racists. Oh and black people can be terrible people too.
I'd much rather take my chances with the alt-right than to allow SJWs to continue destroying the things I hold dear with their bullshit ideology.
Good luck backing the alt right whilst being black, buddy; Maybe they'll let you sweep the streets in their ethno state.
I loathe SJWs with a passion because they are a scourge to not only videogames but western society as a whole.
No, it's because you're showing literal signs of mental health problems. You're obsessed.
More people need to share my sentiment. I maintain that you'd fit right in with the screeching snowflakes over at ResetEra. You post almost exactly the same as many of them do.
You're just otherside of the coin to them. They want leftist politics inserted everywhere in games, you want right wing politics inserted everywhere in games. Same thing. You're a hypocrite.

Top Bottom