• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politicians blame video games for recent mass shootings.

Xenon

To be honest (and I know this will make some Gaffers heads explode), I think if the victims of the shootings in Chicago weren't 99.9% black it would be a bigger story in America with more public reaction. But that's just my humble opinion. And yes the quantity of shootings makes it less interesting of a story, each time it happens.

Plenty of stories with them being victims get coverage. I think it's more about the perpetrator that makes it news worthy. Right now the news only draws lines to Trump.

cryptoadam

Banned
Of course this isn't going to play well on a VG board.

I said it in the other thread. Games shouldn't take all the blame, but people playing crazy realistic, violent Video Games 10 hours a day with no IRL contact is not good for someone social life or anti-social behaviour. Video Games are part of the symptom of society that is become increasingly isolated and detached from real life and real life people.

Take a mentally unstable person, a loner and loser, then isolate them for the majority of their day and blast them with violence and sensory overload. All the while they get to hide anonymously behind their mic while hurling insults to anyone they play with. Lots of chances for things to go wrong.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Of course this isn't going to play well on a VG board.

I said it in the other thread. Games shouldn't take all the blame, but people playing crazy realistic, violent Video Games 10 hours a day with no IRL contact is not good for someone social life or anti-social behaviour. Video Games are part of the symptom of society that is become increasingly isolated and detached from real life and real life people.

Take a mentally unstable person, a loner and loser, then isolate them for the majority of their day and blast them with violence and sensory overload. All the while they get to hide anonymously behind their mic while hurling insults to anyone they play with. Lots of chances for things to go wrong.

The bolded is where your sentence should have stopped. THAT'S THE PROBLEM! Not the loner part, not the loser part, not the part sensory overload part.

Aranea

We already have enough problems with Sony restricting developers by censoring their games and now politicians to say video games make people violent. We somehow are back to the 90s at this point.

Petrae

These killers are adults— so I’m not sure what targeting video games is going to accomplish. The government can’t just make them go away, and any regulation would likely revolve around further limiting access of violent games to minors (which I’m in favor of given that parents refuse to police content for their kids).

Even if video games could somehow be proven to have influenced these murderers, what can really be done about it now? It would be up to game developers and publishers to change things.

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
Politicians meaning...anti-technology Republicans.

Last edited by a moderator:

A.Romero

I understand why they pick video games: they are linking a phenomena they refuse to understand to a product they have no understanding at all.

I bet it was way more traumatic to observe a linching in the 30's than it is to kill fictional characters in a game. Still, mass shootings didn't come from that.

I can talk about my country: Mexico is the biggest or the second biggest video game consumer in Latin America and the only violence we get to experience is crime related (robberies, drug dealing, etc). How come mass shootings are not a problem here?

Easy: Video games are not the issue. The culture is. The political division is. The lack of empathy among American is.

All societies are sick somehow and this is America's sickness. The more they wait and try to blame it to stupid causes (like the killer's political affiliations, race, weapon availability, etc) the more people will needlessly die.

Personally, I'd bet that cultural obsession with war, patriotism and being "the best nation" is what's behind people expressing their madness this way.

Bl@de

The Republican leader shared his opinion when asked to respond to similar comments Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick made on the popular Fox News morning show. The lieutenant governor noted that the El Paso shooting appeared to be a “hate crime against immigrants, but he also pointed to “a video game industry that teaches young people to kill” and the “violence of bullying people on social media” as possible reasons for the shootings.

No facts. No arguments. Okay. So it‘s irrelevant nonsense.

HotPocket69

Banned
Back in '93-'94 I purposely faked sick so I could stay home from school to watch the congressional hearings on videogame violence and ratings. At one point they actually showed footage of Lethal Enforcers. It was awesome.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

EDMIX

I said national news channels don't report on it. Outside of maybe Fox News there aren't any "republican" national news channels. Also, how about something else interesting? Why is only the El Paso shooter's political beliefs being talking about? Why aren't the Ohio shooter's? You know exactly why. I'm 100% correct and you know it. Chicago murder rate isn't widely reported on because Chicago is a democrat stronghold with very strict gun laws. Your leftist bias is getting in the way of reality.

"national news channels don't report on it. Outside of maybe Fox News" smh, come on man. All you had to do was google it.

Don't do that. If you are going to say "don't report on it" show some proof, give a link or something, but when in mere seconds I can find the information from a NATIONAL NEWS CHANNEL, it doesn't help your point, it shows you are running on talking points vs facts.

"Why aren't the Ohio shooter's?" Because its likely unknown at the time as we've already seen this about him.

Plus consider them talking about one political beliefs vs another doesn't disprove the point being made, it simply means the other likely didn't have a political belief that lead to this or is part of their reason for killing etc. Its unknown right now.

"Chicago murder rate isn't widely reported on because Chicago is a democrat stronghold" Yet why did CNN just cover that story on the hospital not talking in shooting victims? So not everything is a conspiracy Stop using that city as this excuse to not talk about a how to lower the mass shootings in the United States, if anything that city should be the biggest reason to actually talk about it in the first place.

So gang warfare is different then a terrorist attack, but both must be addressed, not bickered about to try to silence another side on whataboutisum. Dear god, how does that help America? Could you imagine if someone tried to cure aids and your response was "wow the cancer rate isn't widely reported on because Chicago is a democrat stronghold" and or "Why is only the aids cure being talking about? Why not cancer?"

I don't know, who stated it was an either or and MUST ONLY focus on 1? Yet you folks wonder why this country can't get anything done....

We as a nation should be talking about how to fix this situation, not how to play whataboutisum.

A buy back program could help all of the US even Chicago, closing those loopholes regarding states having loose laws with buying weapons, actually reinstating the mental illness check requirement that Obama passed in 2013, banning certain weapons that just have no place in a modern society while still allowing handguns, single bolt rifles etc. There is a lot we can do as a country.

Look at Australia, they have a rich gun culture, love hunting, was able to have a buy back program for certain guns while keeping other guns deemed ok and still have best of both worlds. Please, this doesn't need to be this massive either or.

Enough of the whataboutisum. Be honest with the issue going on in the country, its the only way we can actually lower those deaths, we can't fix a problem if we are denying it exist, blaming video games, bickering about sides etc.

EDMIX

I think you meant, 'if the shooters weren't 99.9% black.' Because whenever a white person offends a black person, it's a national story.

Consider that works too, it isn't an either or, I'd argue both show a bias in the country.

When its black victims and its gang violence, it gets less news coverage, when its white victims its on the front page back to back, when its white shooters it gets the front page too. We have a bias in the country. If you can see that when its a "white person" its a national story, clearly you get a bias exist, thus what the other poster is saying isn't that false. You already know one exist to support both claims to be honest.

Both of you are correct for the same reasons. At the very least understand it doesn't need to be an either or, both of what you stated happens and both enforce a understanding that it exist.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
You know how blame works, the last time someone blamed gamers, a label was placed on the box, gamers always collect the blame from mass shootings and they aren't interested in the blame anymore.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
jesus man i just seen this trump video.
what an absolute joke this is blaming video games.

i hope one day you americans will find what is causing all these deaths

(by you americans i mainly mean the idiot media fear mongering)

Last edited:
Has anyone actually ever seen video games shoot up the school? Or is the elusive video games like Bigfoot you don’t actually see it?

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Has anyone actually ever seen video games shoot up the school? Or is the elusive video games like Bigfoot you don’t actually see it?

it's pretty damn old

also i think videogames still suffer the new media syndrome.

aka new tech , killer drones, 3d printed guns and ai

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I remember playing DOOM as a kid and all of sudden Columbine happened. Ever since then I hate having to hear about those two shooters every time I read a documentary on the legacy of DOOM and id Software. It was an awful tragedy to have happened, but we kept having to hear about how they played DOOM. Spukc Spukc was thinking what I was thinking

Last edited:

brap

Banned
The republicans blame video games.
The democrats blame goobdyglape
3eR4deM.jpg

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I remember playing DOOM as a kid and all of sudden Columbine happened. Ever since then I hate having to hear about those two shooters every time I read a documentary on the legacy of DOOM and id Software. It was an awful tragedy to have happened, but we kept having to hear about how they played DOOM. @Spukc was thinking what I was thinking
i was into DOOM and i even made a level based on my school. i had the idea because they passed out maps of the school, and it was easy to just trace that as an exercise. thankfully i never told anyone, or i would have gotten profiled, maybe even radicalized into doing something. i was also in the Art Club and friends with people that listened to Marilyn Manson and wore trench coats (the Matrix had just come out) so I fit that stereotype. the stigma was very strong back in the 90s.

IMO this is where a lot of harm is done, in the media & politicians picking scapegoats, and the millions of kids in schools around the country paying the price. from now on maybe they get dirty looks or some new name calling. if anything this kind of demonization only serves to further radicalizing those already marginalized kids.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
i was into DOOM and i even made a level based on my school. i had the idea because they passed out maps of the school, and it was easy to just trace that as an exercise

My dad brought his rifles to school and they would fix/repair/clean them in shop class, not kidding. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Woo-Fu

Banned
Not really, if the video games industry really want something done, they'll get it passed.
I don't think they see these silly people hurting their bottom line.

I expect more opposition if they attempt to regulate micro-transaction for example.
If you think the ESA wields more power than the NRA in DC then you're not really thinking.

"national news channels don't report on it. Outside of maybe Fox News" smh, come on man. All you had to do was google it.

Don't do that. If you are going to say "don't report on it" show some proof, give a link or something, but when in mere seconds I can find the information from a NATIONAL NEWS CHANNEL, it doesn't help your point, it shows you are running on talking points vs facts.

"Why aren't the Ohio shooter's?" Because its likely unknown at the time as we've already seen this about him.

Plus consider them talking about one political beliefs vs another doesn't disprove the point being made, it simply means the other likely didn't have a political belief that lead to this or is part of their reason for killing etc. Its unknown right now.

"Chicago murder rate isn't widely reported on because Chicago is a democrat stronghold" Yet why did CNN just cover that story on the hospital not talking in shooting victims? So not everything is a conspiracy Stop using that city as this excuse to not talk about a how to lower the mass shootings in the United States, if anything that city should be the biggest reason to actually talk about it in the first place.

So gang warfare is different then a terrorist attack, but both must be addressed, not bickered about to try to silence another side on whataboutisum. Dear god, how does that help America? Could you imagine if someone tried to cure aids and your response was "wow the cancer rate isn't widely reported on because Chicago is a democrat stronghold" and or "Why is only the aids cure being talking about? Why not cancer?"

I don't know, who stated it was an either or and MUST ONLY focus on 1? Yet you folks wonder why this country can't get anything done....

We as a nation should be talking about how to fix this situation, not how to play whataboutisum.

A buy back program could help all of the US even Chicago, closing those loopholes regarding states having loose laws with buying weapons, actually reinstating the mental illness check requirement that Obama passed in 2013, banning certain weapons that just have no place in a modern society while still allowing handguns, single bolt rifles etc. There is a lot we can do as a country.

Look at Australia, they have a rich gun culture, love hunting, was able to have a buy back program for certain guns while keeping other guns deemed ok and still have best of both worlds. Please, this doesn't need to be this massive either or.

Enough of the whataboutisum. Be honest with the issue going on in the country, its the only way we can actually lower those deaths, we can't fix a problem if we are denying it exist, blaming video games, bickering about sides etc.

Yes, I should have been more specific. When I said "don't report on" I meant it's not reported on near as much as a mass shooting. In other words, when a mass shooting happens, that's the majority of what the news covers. Oh the other hand, they don't report to the same extent on the everyday shootings that go on in places like Chicago.

Congrats, you found ONE article written by one mainstream media outlet. I'm sure there are others but since you brought up CNN, let's look at their homepage.

The below image is full page screenshot of the cnn.com homepage I took just a few minutes ago. The stories that deal with the El Paso/Ohio shooters are outlined in red. The stories that deal with the shootings in Chicago are outlined in blue. Notice anything?

Yes, that is very convenient.

You need to learn what "widely" means. Also, I would assume they wrote that story because of the El Paso and Chicago shootings. People are currently visiing news sites and searching for "shooting" related news. In fact, I would assume there hasn't been an article written on cnn.com about the Chicago shooting rate within the last few months. Maybe even all year. No, not everything is a conspiracy theory but the fact that you try to label what I am saying as a "conspiracy" shows me you aren't really interested in having an unbias convo.

Both must be addressed yet they aren't. When do you primarily hear about gun control, more background checks, stricter gun legislation etc. etc.? It's when there is a mass shooting. The issue is murder by guns. It doesn't matter one bit if it's gang warfare or a terrorist attack. How does that help America? You tell me. I bring up the "gang warfare" violence and you immediatly try to shout it down by yelling "but muh whataboutism". Image if someone tried to cure aids and someone else said, "The cure to aids is very important but why isn't there any attention being placed on cancer when far more people die from cancer each year?" and then your response was, "That's just whataboutism!"

Both must be addressed yet bringing up one is automatically dismissed as whataboutism? Ok bro...

Last edited:

Pallas

So they need a scapegoat and took one mention of “CoD” in the El Paso’s shooters manifesto and blame video games. The guy didn’t even word it in that shitty manifesto that he got inspirations from it, was merely using it as a metaphor to describe why he hit that particular target.

They will grasp at straws and blame anything before blaming that this country has a serious issue with gun violence. I’m all for the right to bear arms but some changes need to be made.

Hey, at least we've upgraded our "murder simulators" to "murder, construction, and scavenging simulators".

So now it's a three-way flip between becoming a murderer, becoming a contractor, and becoming a deep-woods prepper. Improvement!

I like to call them "survivalist simulators".

zcaa0g

Banned
I played the heck out of Doom 1 and 2 over 56k modem for hours on end when I was young and never had a thought of physically harming someone much less something far worse.

People are either wired right or they are not OR they have an event in their life that makes them go haywire, which in that case, probably goes back to them not being wired right in the first place.

If the answer was easy, it wouldn't still be an issue in modern times.

renzolama

Well at least we can cross our fingers that eventually one of these guys will write an 8chan manifesto talking about battle royale games

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The republicans blame video games.
The democrats blame goobdyglape
3eR4deM.jpg
They are both blaming gamers in general though.

DeB9DSE.gif

i hope one day you americans will find what is causing all these deaths
Unironically the internet and media/social media.

Last edited by a moderator:

EDMIX

Yes, I should have been more specific. When I said "don't report on" I meant it's not reported on near as much as a mass shooting. In other words, when a mass shooting happens, that's the majority of what the news covers. Oh the other hand, they don't report to the same extent on the everyday shootings that go on in places like Chicago.

Congrats, you found ONE article written by one mainstream media outlet. I'm sure there are others but since you brought up CNN, let's look at their homepage.

The below image is full page screenshot of the cnn.com homepage I took just a few minutes ago. The stories that deal with the El Paso/Ohio shooters are outlined in red. The stories that deal with the shootings in Chicago are outlined in blue. Notice anything?

Yes, that is very convenient.

You need to learn what "widely" means. Also, I would assume they wrote that story because of the El Paso and Chicago shootings. People are currently visiing news sites and searching for "shooting" related news. In fact, I would assume there hasn't been an article written on cnn.com about the Chicago shooting rate within the last few months. Maybe even all year. No, not everything is a conspiracy theory but the fact that you try to label what I am saying as a "conspiracy" shows me you aren't really interested in having an unbias convo.

Both must be addressed yet they aren't. When do you primarily hear about gun control, more background checks, stricter gun legislation etc. etc.? It's when there is a mass shooting. The issue is murder by guns. It doesn't matter one bit if it's gang warfare or a terrorist attack. How does that help America? You tell me. I bring up the "gang warfare" violence and you immediatly try to shout it down by yelling "but muh whataboutism". Image if someone tried to cure aids and someone else said, "The cure to aids is very important but why isn't there any attention being placed on cancer when far more people die from cancer each year?" and then your response was, "That's just whataboutism!"

Both must be addressed yet bringing up one is automatically dismissed as whataboutism? Ok bro...

"you found ONE article" I found many articles, I only linked 1 as the point was simple, it was covered nationally on a news network, why would I need to list all of them?

I don't know why you thought me only listing CNN was some goalpost to then try to make it seem as if it was the only other place, its not...I just figured you'd get the point and just look it up yourself instead of lying about something that can be easily disproved.

"let's look at their homepage" ??? You are now goal posting because it was disproved that many covered it, now its "look at their homepage"? Whats next, you going to start counting the words per article to then argue about that? What is this whataboutism even solving for you or the country?

So you where wrong that they didn't cover it, many did, you are only seeking to further argue about goal post as you might start with "lets look at how many words per article" or "lets look at how many tweets" or "lets look at how many facebook post" etc.

"hasn't been an article written on cnn.com about the Chicago shooting rate within the last few months. Maybe even all year."

All year?

I don't know what to tell you man, you've basically made up your own reality and now are proceeding to argue against facts, things that easily can be looked up. I don't know why 1 news network covering shootings in Chicago or not or how many words written or how many are on the front page (ignores 3 mass shootings happened in 7 days) or what ever, has to actually do with proper gun reform and legislation to lower those deaths.

You only want to talk about whataboutism man, thats is clear with your obsession with CNN and how many times they did or didn't talk about a cities shootings.

"Both must be addressed yet they aren't." That entire ending of my last post was addressing the gun problem in America, that can solve both issues bud, its not an either or. What I'm suggesting could correct and lower both in regards to death toll, you just want to talk about CNN and conspiracy theories...

"I bring up the "gang warfare" violence and you immediatly try to shout it down" Nope, I said we need to talk about solutions vs this either or crap, those solutions solve both issues as both issues are linked.

" Image if someone tried to cure aids and someone else said, "The cure to aids is very important but why isn't there any attention being placed on cancer when far more people die from cancer each year?" and then your response was, "That's just whataboutism!" smh, you don't even fully understand whats being stated. That is exactly what that means, the person trying to cure aids has a job to CURE AIDS! It doesn't mean they love cancer and don't want a cure, it means bringing it up is irrelevant as the issue is not what they are looking to correct as they are just 1 person. So your whataboutism is regarding CNN, not gang violence. STOP BRINGING UP CONSPIRACY THEORY on CNN or their homepage or how many times they do or don't tweet as that has nothing to do with trying to solve this issue. That doesn't mean its not an issue, it means the goal of this is to lower those deaths, not fight CNN's home page or tweets or instagram account etc.

"fact that you try to label what I am saying as a "conspiracy" shows me you aren't really interested in having an unbias convo"

??? I brought up many things we need to talk about and your conspiracy on it not being on national news sites can be proven INCORRECT, we can look it up right now with many links to prove that many networks are currently talking about those shootings. You only want to talk about agenda stuff vs real solutions.

How can we lower theses mass shootings? (did you know CNN)
How can we lower theses mass shootings? (how about Chicago)
How can we lower theses mass shootings? (look at CNN's homepage bro)
How can we lower theses mass shootings? (look at CNN tweets)

This sounds like majority of your whole argument.

Both must be addressed yet bringing up one is automatically dismissed as whataboutism?

No, bring up CNN to talk about conspiracy is. The solutions I laid out address both. You didn't bring up gang violence and offer a solution that can effect both to assist, you stated this "Chicago murder rate isn't widely reported on because Chicago is a democrat stronghold"

No solution.
No examples of what can be done to address both.
No ideas what so ever to show both can be solved.

Stop saying you bringing it up has anything to do with addressing both, you brought it up for this "Chicago murder rate isn't widely reported on because Chicago is a democrat stronghold"

If someone had the cure for aids and another person stated "Cancer rate isn't widely reported on because-" and never offered any solution to the issue, what good are they doing? So when someone is looking for a cure to one thing and a person stated "______ is a democrat stronghold" or "______ is a republican stronghold", what good are they doing? So...you didn't bring it up to solve anything , you brought it up to argue about a side and CNN.

I'm not dismissing gang violence, I'm dismissing your reasoning for bringing it up.
If you stated "here are my solutions for the country, it can also help Chicago which suffers from gang violence" do you think I honestly would be mad at you? You really think me or anyone else is simply mad cause you gave another thing that can be solved and save even more lives? smh.

Come on man, grow up. Its clear the statement wasn't adding to solutions to solve a problem, it was pure whataboutism with zero offer of any suggestions to help the nation.

"you found ONE article" I found many articles, I only linked 1 as the point was simple, it was covered nationally on a news network, why would I need to list all of them?

I don't know why you thought me only listing CNN was some goalpost to then try to make it seem as if it was the only other place, its not...I just figured you'd get the point and just look it up yourself instead of lying about something that can be easily disproved.

"let's look at their homepage" ??? You are now goal posting because it was disproved that many covered it, now its "look at their homepage"? Whats next, you going to start counting the words per article to then argue about that? What is this whataboutism even solving for you or the country?

So you where wrong that they didn't cover it, many did, you are only seeking to further argue about goal post as you might start with "lets look at how many words per article" or "lets look at how many tweets" or "lets look at how many facebook post" etc.

"hasn't been an article written on cnn.com about the Chicago shooting rate within the last few months. Maybe even all year."

All year?

I don't know what to tell you man, you've basically made up your own reality and now are proceeding to argue against facts, things that easily can be looked up. I don't know why 1 news network covering shootings in Chicago or not or how many words written or how many are on the front page (ignores 3 mass shootings happened in 7 days) or what ever, has to actually do with proper gun reform and legislation to lower those deaths.

You only want to talk about whataboutism man, thats is clear with your obsession with CNN and how many times they did or didn't talk about a cities shootings.

"Both must be addressed yet they aren't." That entire ending of my last post was addressing the gun problem in America, that can solve both issues bud, its not an either or. What I'm suggesting could correct and lower both in regards to death toll, you just want to talk about CNN and conspiracy theories...

"I bring up the "gang warfare" violence and you immediatly try to shout it down" Nope, I said we need to talk about solutions vs this either or crap, those solutions solve both issues as both issues are linked.

" Image if someone tried to cure aids and someone else said, "The cure to aids is very important but why isn't there any attention being placed on cancer when far more people die from cancer each year?" and then your response was, "That's just whataboutism!" smh, you don't even fully understand whats being stated. That is exactly what that means, the person trying to cure aids has a job to CURE AIDS! It doesn't mean they love cancer and don't want a cure, it means bringing it up is irrelevant as the issue is not what they are looking to correct as they are just 1 person. So your whataboutism is regarding CNN, not gang violence. STOP BRINGING UP CONSPIRACY THEORY on CNN or their homepage or how many times they do or don't tweet as that has nothing to do with trying to solve this issue. That doesn't mean its not an issue, it means the goal of this is to lower those deaths, not fight CNN's home page or tweets or instagram account etc.

"fact that you try to label what I am saying as a "conspiracy" shows me you aren't really interested in having an unbias convo"

??? I brought up many things we need to talk about and your conspiracy on it not being on national news sites can be proven INCORRECT, we can look it up right now with many links to prove that many networks are currently talking about those shootings. You only want to talk about agenda stuff vs real solutions.

How can we lower theses mass shootings? (did you know CNN)
How can we lower theses mass shootings? (how about Chicago)
How can we lower theses mass shootings? (look at CNN's homepage bro)
How can we lower theses mass shootings? (look at CNN tweets)

This sounds like majority of your whole argument.

No, bring up CNN to talk about conspiracy is. The solutions I laid out address both. You didn't bring up gang violence and offer a solution that can effect both to assist, you stated this "Chicago murder rate isn't widely reported on because Chicago is a democrat stronghold"

No solution.
No examples of what can be done to address both.
No ideas what so ever to show both can be solved.

Stop saying you bringing it up has anything to do with addressing both, you brought it up for this "Chicago murder rate isn't widely reported on because Chicago is a democrat stronghold"

If someone had the cure for aids and another person stated "Cancer rate isn't widely reported on because-" and never offered any solution to the issue, what good are they doing? So when someone is looking for a cure to one thing and a person stated "______ is a democrat stronghold" or "______ is a republican stronghold", what good are they doing? So...you didn't bring it up to solve anything , you brought it up to argue about a side and CNN.

I'm not dismissing gang violence, I'm dismissing your reasoning for bringing it up.
If you stated "here are my solutions for the country, it can also help Chicago which suffers from gang violence" do you think I honestly would be mad at you? You really think me or anyone else is simply mad cause you gave another thing that can be solved and save even more lives? smh.

Come on man, grow up. Its clear the statement wasn't adding to solutions to solve a problem, it was pure whataboutism with zero offer of any suggestions to help the nation.

You seem to be reading what you are wanting to be reading. Let me QUOTE MYSELF:

Congrats, you found a an article on cnn about Chicago gun violence written in June and another in April. My point still stands. Also, show me a time when any msm homepage had more posts dedicated to non mass shooting violence than any other topic. In fact, save your time, you can't because it doesn't exist. The irony is that we are agreeing on the most important topic, something needs to be done to lower gun violence in the US. You can't even see that we agree on that because your bias is warping your reality into some sort of defend cnn crusade. I was defending fox news as much as you are defending cnn there is no telling what all you would be accusing me of.

Also, you keep calling saying "conspiracy theory". That term doesn't mean what you think it means. Let me help you out, according to dictionary.com here is the definition of conspiracy theory:

1. A theory that rejects the standard explanation for an event and instead credits a covert group or organization with carrying out a secret plot.
2. A belief that a particular unexplained event was caused by such a covert group.
3. The idea that many important political events or economic and social trends are the products of deceptive plots that are largely unknown to the general public.

If you go back and actually read my posts, my main point was that the everyday violence in Chicago is not covered by the msm (since you FIRST used cnn as an example I stuck with cnn) near as much as mass shooting and that is because of two primary reasons:

1. News stories about mass shootings brings in far more viewers than news stories about the everyday violence in Chicago. When there are more viewers there is more revenue from ads.

That is a legitimate fact....not a conspiracy theory.

2. The everyday violence in Chicago is not covered as widely as mass shootings because of political bias.

Political bias is not a conspiracy theory.

Last edited:

AmaiMask

Banned
I'm honestly totally fine with the GOP blaming games. The videogame industry has become infested with Leftist propaganda. I'm all for the GOP cracking down on the entire industry & will greatly enjoy all the soyboy tears. Besides, the 2nd Amendment is far more important than videogames.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
it's all just a distraction. Gun reforms won't happen until the NRA is wiped off the face of the Earth.
SNIFF
Guns don't kill people. Young minds that are brainwashed by social media and people not shutting the fuck up about politics do. But politicians will never say that.

Hudo

I'm honestly totally fine with the GOP blaming games. The videogame industry has become infested with Leftist propaganda. I'm all for the GOP cracking down on the entire industry & will greatly enjoy all the soyboy tears. Besides, the 2nd Amendment is far more important than videogames.
As a non-US citizen, can I ask why the 2nd Amendment seems to be so important to (seemingly?) a lot of US citizens? I really have a hard time understanding why one would want to own and carry a weapon. I am not trying to stir shit up, I just want to understand the mindset behind this.

I'd happily donate my own hard earned money to have these politicians forcefully crammed into a rocket and blasted off into space to die in orbit. Getting paid to talk shit and gambling with people's lives as well.

Nothing grinds my gears more than these men and women in power who talk shit when pressed with issues plaguing our society. And the media reporting on what they say fucks me over even more.

Can the media not ask these people real fucking questions when they give shit answers? How about "Can you please point me to data to suggest video games is the reason for these killings?"

/Rant over

*EDIT* - I'm sorry for my foul language but its infuriating everytime these mass shootings occur then its video games and some other clearly bullshit excuse. These things are not entirely preventable but there are steps to curb the frequency of these senseless killings. I don't need to tell you guys what that is but better fucking gun laws and proper screening is a start.

Last edited:
Were video games also the cause of WWI and WWII?
These types of comments should be made when a politician opens his/her fat fucking mouth talking about video games after a mass shooting. Fucking cunts. Go tell that to the families and friends who lost people in these tragedies.

Top Bottom