• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politicians blame video games for recent mass shootings.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Maybe on local Chicago news but they sure aren't on national news stations. Also, I know about it because I just googled the up to date numbers you boob.

Then it shows you aren't paying attention. Chicago shootings have been the go-to for republicans for the last 4 or more years as a talking about.

Then it shows you aren't paying attention. Chicago shootings have been the go-to for republicans for the last 4 or more years as a talking about.

I said national news channels don't report on it. Outside of maybe Fox News there aren't any "republican" national news channels. Also, how about something else interesting? Why is only the El Paso shooter's political beliefs being talking about? Why aren't the Ohio shooter's? You know exactly why. I'm 100% correct and you know it. Chicago murder rate isn't widely reported on because Chicago is a democrat stronghold with very strict gun laws. Your leftist bias is getting in the way of reality.

Dada55000

I am very sorry to the people who are American and live in the United States, the reality and I tell them ... the people of the other countries are starting to get tired and are increasing the hatred of the United States, and what Trump does lately is that We're starting to get tired.
You sound like you live in your own specific west Euro lib bubble. Hatred of the US was always a thing, we were making fun of 9/11 the day after. More to the point and what I'm surprised by, is that especially during Obama's second term, hatred shifted from the republican/religous stereotype to the democratic/yuppie liberal stereotype, and I thought it would change again, but it became worse. The stereotypical contempt for the US citizen is at a level I haven't seen since the early 2000's, and it's at the image of a democractic millenial living in a city, with the hanger on hatred of Trump being americanised globalist yuppies in western EU cities.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
You sound like you live in your own specific west Euro lib bubble. Hatred of the US was always a thing, we were making fun of 9/11 the day after. More to the point and what I'm surprised by, is that especially during Obama's second term, hatred shifted from the republican/religous stereotype to the democratic/yuppie liberal stereotype, and I thought it would change again, but it became worse. The stereotypical contempt for the US citizen is at a level I haven't seen since the early 2000's, and it's at the image of a democractic millenial living in a city, with the hanger on hatred of Trump being americanised globalist yuppies in western EU cities.

The only thing I say is that as we respect your decision, that trump respects other countries, that it does not get into what does not matter and does not affect other people.

Fuck these people! The best ones have done nothing to stop the decay of our society, and the worst ones have actively worked at it. Video games don't even register when it comes to the causes.

Reactions: Isa

RockyRZ

Neo Member
Of course. It's always the video games. I can't wait for these boomer types to die out.

Will they ever truly be gone? No. But by majority, hopefully.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

I said national news channels don't report on it. Outside of maybe Fox News there aren't any "republican" national news channels. Also, how about something else interesting? Why is only the El Paso shooter's political beliefs being talking about? Why aren't the Ohio shooter's? You know exactly why. I'm 100% correct and you know it. Chicago murder rate isn't widely reported on because Chicago is a democrat stronghold with very strict gun laws. Your leftist bias is getting in the way of reality.

You act as if every other news channel other than Fox News is a democrat channel. And to be honest, I wasn't aware that either of their political beliefs were being talked about. Does it even matter that much? You tell me why you think the Ohio shooter's beliefs aren't being talked about.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Even they believe this idiotic logic, in west they are still waaaay more concern for “sex” in games more than violence.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

giphy.gif

You act as if every other news channel other than Fox News is a democrat channel.

The msm leans left, this is obvious.

I wasn't aware that either of their political beliefs were being talked about

So you haven't seen any news story discussing the El Paso shooter's thoughts on "racism", "immigration", "white supremacy" lol yeah I don't believe you.

You tell me why you think the Ohio shooter's beliefs aren't being talked about.

Because the msm leans left and the Ohio shooter was a leftist.

It's obvious you are being intentionally obtuse so don't expect anymore replies from me.

Last edited:

RockyRZ

Neo Member
You act as if every other news channel other than Fox News is a democrat channel. And to be honest, I wasn't aware that either of their political beliefs were being talked about. Does it even matter that much? You tell me why you think the Ohio shooter's beliefs aren't being talked about.
The mainstream news media tends to be liberal, not conservative. You can find plenty of evidence where they use far left talking points and say the same things as notoriously Democrat/liberal news channels.

Last edited:

manfestival

This asshole is not the king of the world and he will not tell me that it is good and that it is bad, if he does not like games, very much his problem, but that the idiot does not get involved in what he does not care . I am very sorry to the people who are American and live in the United States, the reality and I tell them ... the people of the other countries are starting to get tired and are increasing the hatred of the United States, and what Trump does lately is that We're starting to get tired.

By the way, I respect your policy and your American elections, but I also don't involve third parties
Oddly enough I have had very different experiences from you. I travel pretty often and do uber for side money here. For those that come here from other countries, I often hear praise for Trump but it is almost like they are telling me some naughty secret. They are almost relieved when I tell them I don't care. Outside of the united states I hear similar things as well. I hear praises for the fact that Trump is a guy that speaks his mind. Often this comes with disagreements for his behavior but it is not the rhetoric of him being outright hated. Now I would be lying if I said it was all positive as every now and then I come across the European that will hate Trump and I ask for an explanation and they usually blame americans as a whole. The other thing I hear almost as much as a positive general outlook on Trump is that Americans are just too arrogant and self centered(which the behavior or americans traveling that I have seen has generally supported this, especially in the hostel that I worked at).
The vast majority of mainstream news is left leaning/liberal.... Fox News is the only actual major news outlet giving "right wing conservative" information. That is why it is such an easy target and that is why people can't name anything other than it(maybe Breitbart if they follow internet news).

Last edited:

mckmas8808

The msm leans left, this is obvious.

So you haven't seen any news story discussing the El Paso shooter's thoughts on "racism", "immigration", "white supremacy" lol yeah I don't believe you.

Because the msm leans left and the Ohio shoot was a leftist.

It's obvious you are being intentionally obtuse so don't expect anymore replies from me.

I haven't been reading on these two incidents pass the headlines so stop being so angry all the time. Plus I don't believe the MSM (as you call it) leans left. But I understand why people like you do. You probably believe that FoxNews is neutral or barely slightly right too huh?

The mainstream news media tends to be liberal, not conservative. You can find plenty of evidence where they use far left talking points and say the same things as notoriously Democrat/liberal news channels.

Who do you consider to be the mainstream news media?

Last edited:

RockyRZ

Neo Member
I haven't been reading on these two incidents pass the headlines so stop being so angry all the time. Plus I don't believe the MSM (as you call it) leans left. But I understand why people like you do. You probably believe that FoxNews is neutral or barely slightly right too huh?

Who do you consider to be the mainstream news media?
Okay, you seem to be outright rejecting reality. Good luck, friend.

Roni

Gold Member
I'm starting to think crazy people will always be crazy and at one point or another, they'll wake up one day and wanna shoot some folks. Whether it be because they think the world is too far gone, because their GF broke up with them, because they've been radicalized... Whatever.

Lost cause trying to fix the problem with them, they're sick enough to give this a crack.

Better to educate and arm everyone else who isn't crazy. Give everyone else a fighting chance when crazy decides to come knocking.

mckmas8808

Okay, you seem to be outright rejecting reality. Good luck, friend.

You know the saying....."reality has a liberal bias" exist for a reason. It's due to conservatives viewing darn near everything as liberal if it's not conservative. The reality is America is becoming more extreme on both ends, where more and more people can't seem to view the center of any debate or anything in life really.

It's all my team vs. your team where the facts don't matter as much as they used to.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Oddly enough I have had very different experiences from you. I travel pretty often and do uber for side money here. For those that come here from other countries, I often hear praise for Trump but it is almost like they are telling me some naughty secret. They are almost relieved when I tell them I don't care. Outside of the united states I hear similar things as well. I hear praises for the fact that Trump is a guy that speaks his mind. Often this comes with disagreements for his behavior but it is not the rhetoric of him being outright hated. Now I would be lying if I said it was all positive as every now and then I come across the European that will hate Trump and I ask for an explanation and they usually blame americans as a whole. The other thing I hear almost as much as a positive general outlook on Trump is that Americans are just too arrogant and self centered(which the behavior or americans traveling that I have seen has generally supported this, especially in the hostel that I worked at).

The vast majority of mainstream news is left leaning/liberal.... Fox News is the only actual major news outlet giving "right wing conservative" information. That is why it is such an easy target and that is why people can't name anything other than it(maybe Breitbart if they follow internet news).

Thanks for reading me. Now I am from Mexico, will sound weird, but in what I do support was to stop immigrants because in the end the majority are people who are not academically prepared, the other thing that Trump did well is that he supports to the professionals as in my case.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm starting to think crazy people will always be crazy and at one point or another, they'll wake up one day and wanna shoot some folks. Whether it be because they think the world is too far gone, because their GF broke up with them, because they've been radicalized... Whatever.

Lost cause trying to fix the problem with them, they're sick enough to give this a crack.

Better to educate and arm everyone else who isn't crazy. Give everyone else a fighting chance when crazy decides to come knocking.
I think most people will disagreed with me on this but people in general are less predictable and more dangerous than wild animal. I don’t even trust cops with guns let alone normal civilian. To me civilian with guns are just disaster ready to happen.

manfestival

You know the saying....."reality has a liberal bias" exist for a reason. It's due to conservatives viewing darn near everything as liberal if it's not conservative. The reality is America is becoming more extreme on both ends, where more and more people can't seem to view the center of any debate or anything in life really.

It's all my team vs. your team where the facts don't matter as much as they used to.
Never heard of that saying. Sounds like a super convenient thing to say for someone to sound/appear to be in the "right." Though it is hard to argue that the disparity in moderation is something that also correlates with the working classes. There are more extremes as there is less of a middle class. Now my statements aren't based on science but just an observation and meant to provoke thought.
Thanks for reading me. Now I am from Mexico, will sound weird, but in what I do support was to stop immigrants because in the end the majority are people who are not academically prepared, the other thing that Trump did well is that he supports to the professionals as in my case.
I live in Orlando(tourist destination of the US) and I lived in South America backpacking for a little bit of time and working in a Hostel in Bolivia for some time(was one of the managers of the place). I came across a pretty diverse group of people but never purposely tried to test people for their opinions. I know many people liked Trump because they viewed him to be strong like Evo Morales(whom is a dictator for those that don't know who he is lol). I can blah blah more but I feel that is sufficient. There is plenty of general positive mindshare for Trump outside of the US. However, I think the American arrogance is just the real recognized thing that also plays out in our politics.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Never heard of that saying. Sounds like a super convenient thing to say for someone to sound/appear to be in the "right." Though it is hard to argue that the disparity in moderation is something that also correlates with the working classes. There are more extremes as there is less of a middle class. Now my statements aren't based on science but just an observation and meant to provoke thought.

I live in Orlando(tourist destination of the US) and I lived in South America backpacking for a little bit of time and working in a Hostel in Bolivia for some time(was one of the managers of the place). I came across a pretty diverse group of people but never purposely tried to test people for their opinions. I know many people liked Trump because they viewed him to be strong like Evo Morales(whom is a dictator for those that don't know who he is lol). I can blah blah more but I feel that is sufficient. There is plenty of general positive mindshare for Trump outside of the US. However, I think the American arrogance is just the real recognized thing that also plays out in our politics.

Agreed with you. Here in Mexico we rest the country when Enrique Peña Nieto, who is a corrupt, cowardly, murderer and female beater, is leaving the presidency. At least we are currently calmer. Thank God

RockyRZ

Neo Member

There is no center in MSM, this does not exist. The only centrist you might find is some random YouTuber commentator.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
If video games were the direct cause of more violence, wouldn't places like your local arcade, game stores, events/tourneys be a massive fest of violence?

The main issue is the dude is deranged. The dude could have been massively into violent movies (With a good amount of western media romanticizing violence and vigilante justice) and it wouldn't have changed the fact he's deranged and shot up a bunch of people

Deranged people are going to figure out a way to support their deranged behaviors; it's a pleasure center sort of issue.

I may think in my head that talking smack to this ass hole on the phone would be wonderful, but I have enough sense to not seek that pleasure because of societal norms.

Alebrije

If video games were the direct cause of more violence, wouldn't places like your local arcade, game stores, events/tourneys be a massive fest of violence?

The main issue is the dude is deranged. The dude could have been massively into violent movies (With a good amount of western media romanticizing violence and vigilante justice) and it wouldn't have changed the fact he's deranged and shot up a bunch of people

Deranged people are going to figure out a way to support their deranged behaviors; it's a pleasure center sort of issue.

I may think in my head that talking smack to this ass hole on the phone would be wonderful, but I have enough sense to not seek that pleasure because of societal norms.

Maybe politicians are right

2-8.gif

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
wouldn't the whole world have US mass murder rates, since the same video games are enjoyed by people all over the whole world?

other countries have our movies, our tv, our videogames, but they do not have Walmart gun section where you can just buy all kinds of weaponry over the counter.

it is as if the availability of guns are the only factor here.

Tygeezy

As gamers, we shouldn't be opposing this. We should embrace is and shout from the roof tops:

IT'S THE LOOTBOXES/MTX THAT MAKE ME WANT TO KILL!!!!

That should sort a few things out.
I don't want government involved with video games in any capacity. If you don't want lootboxes in games don't buy games that give you a competitive advantage gated by lootboxes. The government wont stop at just lootboxes.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Maybe politics are right

2-8.gif
Sorry, I don't follow

wouldn't the whole world have US mass murder rates, since the same video games are enjoyed by people all over the whole world?

other countries have our movies, our tv, our videogames, but they do not have Walmart gun section where you can just buy all kinds of weaponry over the counter.

it is as if the availability of guns are the only factor here.
I don't have the answer to that, honestly.
It would be statistically sound to say that the more people there are in an area, that if something is popular in that area, they would have more users of that popular thing

However, you can say the same about violence and other statistics; the more people are concentrated, the more cases there would be of something

For the whole Walmart thing, okay, take it out of Walmart, now they just open stores and it's still just as accessible.

Accessibility I don't believe is the issue. Drugs are very accessible, however, dealers are typically pretty stringent on who they'll sell to. Look too clean cut for too long while using, and they start to get suspicious.

Let something be accessible, but put things in place to only allow accessibility to those who need it.
I wouldn't give support staff full admin to the system, because they don't have the knowledge and likely the understanding (Including emotional) of what fucking up a check box can cause.

Havoc2049

I agree that blaming video games is stupid. I mean parents should monitor their children and the amount of violence they take in, but to blame video games for this shooting is stupid.

I also think the vast majority of people are getting all hyped up and are giving too much credit to this shooter and labeling the shooter to fit their political bias. Even in this thread, people have called him a “white supremacist” and “political activist”. The fact is, the dude did not belong to any white supremacist group or any political activist group. Just like the shooter in Ohio, he has basically been slightly mentally ill and a loner his whole life. The El Paso shooter just recently latched on to all the media hype and public discussion about illegal immigration and lashed out in a violent manner.

I agree with another poster above who basically said that it was the lack of patriotism on the part of our politicians to deal with serious issues in the United States that is probably the biggest contributing factor for nut jobs to glom on to these hot button issues and act out in a violent manner.

Last edited:

Xenon

The hell you talking about son?! Shootings in Chicago are literally reported on and talked about all the time. It's why you know about it. What's wrong with you dude?

A few are but even then it's usually just a news blip with zero to no public reaction. To be fair there are just too many shootings to cover.

mckmas8808

A few are but even then it's usually just a news blip with zero to no public reaction. To be fair there are just too many shootings to cover.

To be honest (and I know this will make some Gaffers heads explode), I think if the victims of the shootings in Chicago weren't 99.9% black it would be a bigger story in America with more public reaction. But that's just my humble opinion. And yes the quantity of shootings makes it less interesting of a story, each time it happens.

Last edited:

scrob6

Banned
To be honest (and I know this will make some Gaffers heads explode), I think if the victims of the shootings in Chicago weren't 99.9% black it would be a bigger story in America with more public reaction. But that's just my humble opinion. And yes the quantity of shootings makes it less interesting of a story, each time it happens.

I think you meant, 'if the shooters weren't 99.9% black.' Because whenever a white person offends a black person, it's a national story.

mckmas8808

I think you meant, 'if the shooters weren't 99.9% black.' Because whenever a white person offends a black person, it's a national story.

No I did mean the victims. If black people were killing white kids in the downtown parts of Chicago it'd be national news on a weekly basis. And nah, everytime a white person offends a black person it's not national news. If it was I'd have a personal story that would have made national news a handful of times per year myself lol. Not even counting my friends and family.

scrob6

Banned
No I did mean the victims. If black people were killing white kids in the downtown parts of Chicago it'd be national news on a weekly basis. And nah, everytime a white person offends a black person it's not national news. If it was I'd have a personal story that would have made national news a handful of times per year myself lol. Not even counting my friends and family.

Considering race is generally omitted when it's black-on-white violent crime...

Maybe they should ask themselves why there is this rise of shootings anyway...or why there's a significant rise in teen suicide...or why the American population lives on anti-depressants...or why the deaths by drugs and alcoholism has skyrocketed.

Maybe there is something wrong with the society??? But these vultures don't care about people, their well-being, just like corporations and religions never cared. It's all about power.

Top Bottom