• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico on Trump's terrible deal making with Trumpcare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danthefan

At the time, he didn't have quite the list of failures as president under his name... Repealing Obamacare was one of the big things he campaigned about...

Nothing sticks to this idiot. He's coated in teflon. His supporters will have forgotten this in a week.

Ac30

The issue is that the Freedom Caucus will demand absolutely insane tax cuts. So "moderate" Republicans will be scared off when they demand rich people's taxes be abolished and poor pepoles be quintupled or something like that.

Ah, I suppose that makes sense, in some fucked up way. Well, in this case it's really the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Nothing sticks to this idiot. He's coated in teflon. His supporters will have forgotten this in a week.
The number of his supporters has been shrinking by the day.

Once he actually got in office and was expected to do the job things have been going badly for him.

Ah, I suppose that makes sense, in some fucked way. Well, in this case it's really the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Honestly actually going anything but posture and kill bills with insane demands is detrimental to the Freedom Caucus.

They're in insanely safe gerryandered seats which means the only way they can lose is by losing the primary.

They were put in place by Tea Party people kicking out (via primary) previous Republican congresspeople. And what the Tea Party wants is ideology over results.

To get anything done in politics, you will enevitably have to compromise something or the other to get what you want. The Tea Party wants none of this. Compromise makes you a RINO and they primary RINOs. It's either everything or nothing.

Blaming this on Paul Ryan is only going to kill his chances at any future legislation. Everyone in congress knows Cheeto Fuckface fucked this up.

Kasumin

Obama healthcare speech to joint session of congress:

"I understand that the politically safe move would be to kick the can further down the road -- to defer reform one more year, or one more election, or one more term.

But that is not what the moment calls for. That's not what we came here to do. We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it. I still believe that we can act when it's hard. I still believe we can replace acrimony with civility, and gridlock with progress. I still believe we can do great things, and that here and now we will meet history's test.

Because that's who we are. That is our calling. That is our character."

Ugh, and to think that Americans paid Obama back for his forward thinking by replacing a ton of Democrats with a bunch of Tea Party morons that had no interest in anything except obstructing the president for the next 6 years.

It makes me so angry. How can you help people if they try to punch you in the face every time you reach out to them?

danthefan

The number of his supporters has been shrinking by the day.

Once he actually got in office and was expected to do the job things have been going badly for him.

His supporters don't matter. Losing a few more single digits of points of support among the public and congress is more than enough to doom him.

Look I hope you're both correct, the man is a complete disgrace, but basically I will believe he's doomed when I see it.

tmarg

Blaming this on Paul Ryan is only going to kill his chances at any future legislation. Everyone in congress knows Cheeto Fuckface fucked this up.

They all fucked it up. They never should have been talking so much about the ACA without actually having a plan of their own, but they figured it was safe because they didn't think they would ever actually be in a position to get rid of it.

For as bad as Trump has been throughout all this, he would sign absolutely anything they put on his desk at this point, and it's on them that they can't come up with anything.

bplewis24

Neo Member
Aren't Republicans for tax breaks across the board though?

Yes, but they were for Obamacare repeal across the board also. Governing is much more difficult and complex than is campaigning on ideology. The problem comes in determining which taxes to cut and which spending to cut. And when the GOP starts proposing cuts to programs that actually help their constituents, it will get more difficult...Just like health care did.

Think about it, didn't you assume the absolute easiest thing GOP would do was repeal the ACA? I know I did. Now look where we are.

greepoman

Ryan does have a great grasp of policy. His policy is to fuck over poor people.

He would prefer you call them "the poors" because when he says he wants to give people great healthcare he doesn't mean them. It's actually a great trick cause then you can talk about doing all this great stuff for people and not mean those "others".

They all fucked it up. They never should have been talking so much about the ACA without actually having a plan of their own, but they figured it was safe because they didn't think they would ever actually be in a position to get rid of it.

For as bad as Trump has been throughout all this, he would sign absolutely anything they put on his desk at this point, and it's on them that they can't come up with anything.

Lol Trump is the president. Shouldn't he be involved in creating the new healthcare bill rather than having his cronies do it? No, because he has no fucking clue what he's doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom