• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: EA's Ignite "Pre-rendered w/ in game assets"

McLovin

I don't know why anyone thought it was real-time. The latest Madden still doesn't look as good as the first Madden 360 trailer.

Azull

So real question here. Did we see ANY freaking gameplay on any of the games shown, other than COD? Cause if not, god damn.

iHRtVCH.gif

Hahaha. I'm dying here. Wtf is that? Frodo?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
As someone really excited to see next gen sports games, this was probably the biggest disappointment of the conference. I can't believe they pulled this shit again after the 2005 CGI Madden trailer.

NBA 14 looked like straight ass, I am not joking.

My thoughts exactly, it looked TERRIBLE and now i discover that it's pre rendered?

EA and Microsoft deserve to die holding hands. Live is being in development for over three years! It's a shame that the future for sports games doesn't start off well.

I also think the CG BS from 2005 was more impressive than what they showed today.

I might be full of shit, because i haven't seen in 1080p, but i doubt it.

Ploid 3.0

It was painfully obvious. The animations was too fluid for gameplay too.

Did they show any real gameplay at that show? Like live gameplay?

So was any gameplay shown at the conference? I mean actual gameplay. Sony had a live demo, and even shared it live with the world using the share button!!! Then repeated the live demo on a late night show to prove it wasn't scripted....IN FEBRUARY!!! We are at the end of May Microsoft, you even delayed this reveal a whole month.

Jarmel

Banned
So was any gameplay shown at the conference? I mean actual gameplay. Sony had a live demo, and even shared it live with the world using the share button!!! Then repeated the live demo on a late night show to prove it wasn't scripted....IN FEBRUARY!!! We are at the end of May Microsoft, you even delayed this reveal a whole month.

Maybe some of the Ghost footage?

Cartman86

Banned
Looked impressive but artistically weird. Really hate this bullshit where they basically lie on stage. Obviously it wasn't recorded gameplay but it could have possibly been rendered in real time but animated by hand. Sadly its not.

JABEE

I wonder if they had to scramble to put that together and they were planning to put real footage out at E3. I wonder why they aren't doing a PS4/One Sku for NHL this year.

What really surprised me was NBA Live 14 coming back from the dead.

yeah, that six month behind rumor is looking pretty solid right now, though hopefully in three weeks we'll just be shaking our heads wondering why Microsoft didn't show off the awesome games they showed at their E3 conference.

but, no, I wasn't remotely fooled by the footage. they said 'Here's a look at what the games will look like.' The key word in that was 'will' and from that and from the footage before that being really early and wireframes etc, I knew we were looking at target renders basically.

It clearly wasn't real time, and amusingly some of the things that gave it away as not being real time were things that looked BAD for once.

_woLf

It wasn't even good CG. There was no lighting and everything looked way too bright.

It was like that Madden 06 trailer back when the 360 launched. Looked terrible and yet still managed to look better than the game.

Top Bottom