• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: EA's Ignite "Pre-rendered w/ in game assets"

So does this mean trailers are going to have to be recalled to add the words "not actual gameplay footage". EA keep getting into trouble here in the UK about that in advertisements (though I think last time was advertising a Wii version of a game with HUD-less Xbox 360 footage).

MS should have just made it an E3 reveal. At least then people would get the actual games on top of all the other news.
I don't agree. We would have 30 minutes more but the non-gaming bits would still be in there (something they got blasted for by the gaming press these past few years). Also they would get less news coverage.

Well of course this hinges on the E3 footage being 90 minutes of games (-60 minutes of what Acitvision, EA and Ubisoft already showed...unless Microsoft are going first this time).

Portugeezer

"It was all pre-rendered," Wilson told Polygon. "Listen, we're not hiding behind that fact.

Loool, sure. He only mentioned told us because someone asked him.

Shambles.

Wonder if Forza 5 was real time as Microsoft tried to allude to also (more believable as it looks closer to DriveClub but it was a cinematic trailer only).

Into

The CG even looked bad, in particular NBA Live looked really bad, Kyrie Irving is not that thin and he does not move like a alien. The NBA players looked like they had no bones in their bodies, snake like limbs

All the character models except the football (handegg) looked bad, and only reason handegg looked okay was because the characters heads were covered by the helmet, and its much easier to make a helmet than a human face.

Messi looked messed up, football players in Pro Evolution Soccer 2006 on PS2 look more real and resemble the actual players than the players in this trailer.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
A pre-rendered trailer at a console unveiling?

I for one am shocked.

kristen-bell-gif.gif

bidguy

Banned
everything was prerendered at the conference. even forza i think.
only cod was ingame but it looked like shit anyway.

Vitter.

Well this was obviously pre rendered and I was fearing this type of crappy montages sports games do with... well pre rendered shit looking extra phoney and not that good too. And that is exactly what they gave us.

rvy

Banned
Didn't everybody know this as soon as they started watching the video? EA thinks we're still the same dummies from 2005.

GetemMa

I think COD was the only game related material that we saw that wasn't just prerendered cut scene crap.

IMO they are doing this because the graphical upgrade has little to no wow factor when you see the actual gameplay.

I'm worried about the next gen. Could be a really slow adoption rate.

wildfire

Banned
Didn't everybody know this as soon as they started watching the video? EA thinks we're still the same dummies from 2005.

Keep in mind that A) It didn't look so impressive over their other offerings aside from that transparency effect in the glass and B)gamers are born every year so they have to learn about this nonsense the hard way.

I think COD was the only game related material that we saw that wasn't just prerendered cut scene crap.

IMO they are doing this because the graphical upgrade has little to no wow factor when you see the actual gameplay.

I'm worried about the next gen. Could be a really slow adoption rate.

Killzone and Infamous already look much better than anything MS showed yesterday. Be worried for MS, but with as much power as the PS4 has Sony's developers won't disappoint graphically at the very least. Can't say anything for actually quality though.

Flatline

Banned
This is a clusterfuck of epic proportions. So COD was pretty much the only game in realtime in that conference?

Majanew

Banned
I guess that's why the EA Sports footage and Forza 5 looked next-gen. They were fucking fake. COD Ghosts was the only real shit they showed, because it looked like it could have been the 360 version. Major fucking let-down. Ugh.

Arcipello

you guys didnt realise that? it had pre-rendered written ALL over it!

plus the wording of the EA guy... "this is what the game WILL look like on the xbox one"

Jarnet87

Sports games on a new console are so weird. They always improve some things graphically, and then some things look incredibly bad. I remember Madden for new consoles looking terrible at first, and FIFA having this crappy shiny plastic look to everything. I really hope they show us real in game footage at E3.

That EA presentation was like 10 minutes of crap talking, imagine how much garbage they are going to blabber on about in a couple weeks.

Chittagong

Gold Member
So a pre-rendered Madden video from 2005 Xbox launch looks better than a pre-rendered Madden video from 2013 Xbox launch huh

mrklaw

MrArseFace
God then just fucking show that! Why wait til E3? You guys were like one of the only game showcases of the Xbox One abomination! You had it to yourself! If your engine REALLY delivers on these promises, just friggin' show it!

because they have a deal with MS worth probably millions of dollars but their engine isn't solid on XBONE yet? lots of reasons why they couldn't show it live. Fewer reasons why his phrasing clearly made it sound like it was.

is it wrong that I'm kind of enjoying MS fucking up so much? Makes new system launches so much more exciting. I don't have any hate towards MS or anyone else, but having melodrama like this always livens things up.

Top Bottom