• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon posts ad/re-worded press release as 'News' & deletes user comments [Removed]

Can I ask why everyone is so upset?

Do you guys really have nothing better to talk about? I see adverstories on all sorts of websites. It's not Ike they're harming your free reading of any given site.

Isn't this just basically announcing a DLC promotion? I see these stories literally everywhere on various game sites.

Sounds like you guys are just whining purely for the sake of it.

No, you entering this thread and posting this is whining for the sake of it. Asking game journalism to hold itself to a better standard isn't. Asking why you deleted comments rightfully calling you out on posting a bullshit advertisement as news is not whining for the sake of it. Questioning why this was posted while nothing about the Eurogamer story isn't whining for the sake of it. I'm sorry some people still hold hope that games journalism can be better, that we should accept more than business as usual. If you want the literal bottom of the barrel, that's cool. Just don't pretend the complainants are invalid.

ID0pY.jpg

OH.

MY.

GOD.

What a piece of work that dude is. Shameful.

might be a stretch, but perhaps you should read a few pages of this thread for the cheesy, crunchy details (and possible inspiration for some Pizza Hut®)?

This post makes me thirsty. SO thirsty that I'm going to wash it down with a glass of cool refreshing Mountain Dew®

Chris Grant said:
Several of you have emailed us to say you didn't feel like this article lives up to our high standards, and we agree. It's being removed from the front page and we've unhidden all comments, but will keep commenting disabled for now. Thank you so much for the feedback

Wow. Progress.

Satchel

Banned
You could try reading the thread and perhaps you'd get your answer. Hint: comments.

Yeah so? They cut out the comments obviously after seeing each one doing the same whining everyone in here is doing.

Talk about your first world problems.

"Oh no, this videogame website is promoting a promotion, how will we survive this?"

Give me a break.

Empty

excellent. good to see some acknowledgment that they screwed up. hope they learn from this, though i fear the issues that caused this - that of pr's big influence over the press - are too deep and too difficult to remove at this point you can still make progress in the right direction.

only admitting email criticism is odd though. why even have polygon comments and forums and twitter if you only take email complaints seriously. but anyway they listened and admitted fault, it's a victory.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Can I ask why everyone is so upset?

Do you guys really have nothing better to talk about? I see adverstories on all sorts of websites. It's not Ike they're harming your free reading of any given site.

Isn't this just basically announcing a DLC promotion? I see these stories literally everywhere on various game sites.

Sounds like you guys are just whining purely for the sake of it.
Don't you want more out of gaming sites? Why create a new one if they are going to do the same stuff everyone else does? You have subscribed to the terrible norm and don't see the problem. That's the problem.

Branduil

Yeah so? They cut out the comments obviously after seeing each one doing the same whining everyone in here is doing.

"Oh no, this videogame website is promoting a promotion, how will we survive this?"

Give me a break.

Come on bro. Use that word. You know you want to.

ENTITLED.

Goes to show that this whole discussion has done some good and is being listened to at the very least.

Give me a break.

Haters gunna hate amirite

ghst

thanks for the laugh

Give me a break.

bumbling obliviousness, passive aggression, strawmen, memes. you're quite the renaissance man.

Yes, because that is evidence to support the original claim. Way to use sound argumentative logic.

He's just operating under your own rules for debates, man. Remember your entirely unnecessary ad hominem attack regarding manliness earlier in the thread? That was not sound argumentative logic. He's just giving tit for tat, here.

Or is that just a conspiracy theory of mine?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I'm glad that Polygon took no time at all to prove that they are just as bad as the rest.

I mean, it was only to be expected considering the staff they hired mostly came from other shitty sites, but at least it's out in the open now.

Give me a break.
Tell me more. Im surprised you havent used entitled or blamed it all on those darn Sony fanboys yet.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Yes, because that is evidence to support the original claim. Way to use sound argumentative logic.

it was an opinion posted a minute or two after you made your comment by someone at the core of the debate who regularly reads GAF. steady your aim.

Give me a break.

I know, man! I know!

Integrity: Just a bunch of old fashion bullshit along with horse-drawn carriages and bell-bottoms! Who needs it?

Foffy

Banned
How many sites can we list that are actual good sites for news and journalism? I think with this whole fiasco that's blossomed over the last week or two, we have to be in the single digits.

Rapstah

I can't really honestly both think that they should abide to their own high rules of quality and that they should not, I guess.

Calcaneus

Does anyone else not like the layout of that site? I tried to read some reviews and there were enormous screenshots and the text was all over the place. I feel like an old man but, my poor eyes.

Top Bottom